Rutgers 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
HopFan16

Re: Rutgers 2021

Post by HopFan16 »

blue angels wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:36 am
HopFan16 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:22 am
10stone5 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:19 am I’m guessing Tehoka’s teammates liked Tehoka just
fine in 2018, when Albany reached the Final Four.
I think that had a lot more to do with TD Ierlan and Connor Fields.

Brecht is just thirsty enough for transfers to kick the tires on Nanticoke, but ultimately I agree with InsiderRoll—I doubt he joins a Big Ten team or any major D1 team for that matter.
Hmmm...... Have you seen some of the sketchy players in the Big 10 football factory programs? It might not work at HOP, but wouldn't think the barriers to entry would be very high for what is perceived as a difference maker.
Yes because Big 10 football and lacrosse are exactly the same
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

10stone5 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:19 am I’m guessing Tehoka’s teammates liked Tehoka just

Brecht is just thirsty enough for transfers to kick the tires on Nanticoke, but ultimately I agree with InsiderRoll—I doubt he joins a Big Ten team or any major D1 team for that matter.
Hmmm...... Have you seen some of the sketchy players in the Big 10 football factory programs? It might not work at HOP, but wouldn't think the barriers to entry would be very high for what is perceived as a difference maker.
That is a completely different world. It’s not comparable.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

I’m just pointing out that Nanticoke fit right in that
one year at Albany,
so he could, if you have strong leaders like Fields and
Ierlan, fit in some place,
really, it could be Rutgers.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

10stone5 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:47 am

one year at Albany,
I just don't think the juice is worth the squeeze for a one-year rental. There is A LOT of baggage there. Lacrosse isn't football. There is some stuff you can't just overlook.

On another note, I think I may have been wrong about Morin to Rutgers. We'll find out shortly.

Post by 1766 »

It's not Nanticoke. I don't speak for Big Ten schools, or any school for that matter, but I'd be surprised if any member school was open to having him join their program.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:36 am
10stone5 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:47 am

one year at Albany,
I just don't think the juice is worth the squeeze for a one-year rental. There is A LOT of baggage there. Lacrosse isn't football. There is some stuff you can't just overlook.

On another note, I think I may have been wrong about Morin to Rutgers. We'll find out shortly.
He wasn’t the lefty I had heard about. 🦶
RURICK

Post by RURICK »

Is kirst 's younger brother from lehigh a lefty?
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

RURICK wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:38 pm Is kirst 's younger brother from lehigh a lefty?
I don’t know, but he’s not in the portal so that’s not an option right now.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Via Kyle Devitte
Brian Cameron will be graduating from @UNCMensLacrosse this fall and then playing at @RUmlax for his final two years of NCAA eligibility.
bananas

Post by bananas »

BB dealing
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

jerseyjames wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:47 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:55 pm
1766 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:15 pm Couple of things:
2) Kirst is still in play for another year. Unless you've been living under a rock, the new, softer NCAA is almost a rubber stamp to allow these late date redshirts. It's certainly not a done deal yet, but if it happens, don't be at all surprised.

If he comes back, with all that is coming back on defense, including new additions, throwing Kirst back in goal will have that side of the ball as one of the best in the country.
under what rule or exception would connor kirst be coming back to play? if you know.
This guy HATES the idea of *Colin Kirst coming back for another year, idk who peed in your cherrios. Kid finally found a home and got in opportunity in the same crease his dad used to play in but wgdsr won't stand for it unless he gets 6 points of ID on why this kid should get an extra year in a time where it has never been easier to get an extra year in the history of the NCAA...
This doesn't make sense to me at all.........Don't get why he would even care? He isn't another Big Ten fan, alumnus or from a rival school. What I hear is him quoting the specific rules as he understands them, that don''t support the possibility of the kid's return.. Kirst's return is being pitched here by several people with ZERO clarity on how it would work within the rules. I think asking for that clarity/specifics from those pitching it, is perfectly reasonable and not an attack in any way. Or maybe, this is just how they do things in Jersey. Damn the facts......
bananas

Post by bananas »

Agree Blue Angels. Ive asked and heard nothing on any Kirst appeal and like to know if there is anything to it. RU goalkeeping would be in good hands with Burgdorf but Kirst was one of the best goalies last year.

One UVA question, appears Rode has that extra year of eligibility . He is excellent and proven .Is he returning? Gavin did look good if not.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

bananas wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:10 pm Agree Blue Angels. Ive asked and heard nothing on any Kirst appeal and like to know if there is anything to it. RU goalkeeping would be in good hands with Burgdorf but Kirst was one of the best goalies last year.

One UVA question, appears Rode has that extra year of eligibility . He is excellent and proven .Is he returning? Gavin did look good if not.
I’ve heard that part of his appeal is that they only played conference opponents this year. Don’t know how that flies but it’s an interesting point.
bananas

Post by bananas »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:15 pm
bananas wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:10 pm Agree Blue Angels. Ive asked and heard nothing on any Kirst appeal and like to know if there is anything to it. RU goalkeeping would be in good hands with Burgdorf but Kirst was one of the best goalies last year.

I’ve heard that part of his appeal is that they only played conference opponents this year. Don’t know how that flies but it’s an interesting point.
So there is some truth to some attempt to appeal? Not holding my breath, in conference play only is not going to fly. Would have to be some injury that sidelined early at Lehigh but was never filed which I'm not aware of.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

bananas wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:33 pm

So there is some truth to some attempt to appeal? Not holding my breath, in conference play only is not going to fly. Would have to be some injury that sidelined early at Lehigh but was never filed which I'm not aware of.

Yeah that’s just what I had heard through the grapevine. So to get it straight - you play 1 minute in a season and that counts?
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

You may be the only one on this thread interested in the Virginia goalie situation so I will be brief. To the best of my knowledge, Rode hadn’t yet decided whether to come back and I haven’t heard anything new. Virginia has Gavin and the top incoming goalie prospect according to IL and #3 rated player, overall. Regardless, The cupboard is hardly bare, but it will be inexperienced, so who knows how it goes.
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:38 pm
bananas wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:33 pm

Yeah that’s just what I had heard through the grapevine. So to get it straight - you play 1 minute in a season and that counts?
An appeal is in...now that doesn't mean it happens, not sure he gets it... whatever...but he is trying to gain back a year. How that happens, I have no clue, what rule would apply, I have zero clue...I doubt it happens, but you never know. I don't think anyone is really counting on it and I know inside the walls of the Rodkin it's more of a slim long shot type thing than reality...hence why they've already picked up another goalie...which was smart...

Rutgers will be very solid defensively...but it will be the old chicken before the egg thing...will Rutgers veteran solid defense make the goalie better...or is it vice versa...truth probably lies in the middle...

I'm assuming he's not back...and that's fine...it was great to have him for the one year...glad he came to RU
bananas

Post by bananas »

My understanding is YES unless one suffers a season ending injury and even then they could not have exceeded 30 % of regular season games. Asked blue angel but remember Conrad of UVA getting screwed out of a season or they might have won in 2018

Im open to others correcting me if wrong.

Use to be even worse, if you played a minute in fall scrimmages then player lost a year of eligibilty barring what stated above on season ending injury.

The NCAA got rid of that fall stupidity a few years ago. Dont believe they have lightened up on other eligibility rules other than 2020 do over
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

I have no idea on the appeal but don’t see how that can be correct…….He played against 2 teams outside the Big Ten during the tournament including UNC…….if they are making an appeal, must be something else. Conrad played in too many games before getting hurt so didn’t qualify for an extra year. It is what is. If the rules aren’t fair, change the rules. Otherwise, every team needs to live under them.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

Any more rumblings of transfers?!

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”