Fall Ball

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Fall Ball

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Bart wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:19 pm There [are] 41 [players] on our roster…They deserve the opportunity to get all our opportunities and get our attention.

Can't say I disagree with the sentiment. (bold added)
What do you think she means? What might it look like on the field?
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:57 pm
Bart wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:19 pm There [are] 41 [players] on our roster…They deserve the opportunity to get all our opportunities and get our attention.

She means the girls she recruited to be at Hopkins and have been there for up to 5 years deserve to have the opportunity to play as opposed to bringing it grad transfers to take their playing time. Novel concept I know.
Bart

Post by Bart »

hmmm wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:02 pm

She means the girls she recruited to be at Hopkins and have been there for up to 5 years deserve to have the opportunity to play as opposed to bringing it grad transfers to take their playing time. Novel concept I know.
Yep.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Bart wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:04 pm

Yep.
She turned down several transfers that wanted in this season. Hopkins had a good year last year with 3 wins over PSU, 2 over Michigan, 2 over OSU, 1 over Rutgers and 3 one goal losses to MD. Their top 3 scorers are gone. Add in the opportunity for a Hopkins degree and it was a desirable destination for transfers this year. She wanted her last year to be with what she considers her family.
OuttaNowhereWregget

hmmm wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:11 pm

Yep.
She turned down several transfers that wanted in this season. Hopkins had a good year last year with 3 wins over PSU, 2 over Michigan, 2 over OSU, 1 over Rutgers and 3 one goal losses to MD. Their top 3 scorers are gone. Add in the opportunity for a Hopkins degree and it was a desirable destination for transfers this year. She wanted her last year to be with what she considers her family.
Cool. Thanks for the generous explanation.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Yep.
[/quote

Not stated and I don’t know coach tucker, but by reputation, she is one of the best human beings in the game, so I am sure she had some reservations about bringing in transfers when she knew she was leaving. Respect.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:06 pm

Yep.
[/quote

Not stated and I don’t know coach tucker, but by reputation, she is one of the best human beings in the game, so I am sure she had some reservations about bringing in transfers when she knew she was leaving. Respect.
You're exactly right. And she also felt it was the right thing to do to announce her retirement in August and not go recruiting 2023s knowing she wouldn't be there to coach them. While it made recruiting more difficult for that class she's just not someone that could in good conscience put those girls in that position. She wanted 23s to know that she would not be there before they committed.
harflax

Post by harflax »

JMU is leaving for all sports. I was told the the CAA braintrust is not going to allow JMU to be a member for womens' lacrosse only. In addition to Stony Brook, Monmouth and Fairfield are being mentioned as possible future members with the conference going to two divisions based on geography. Fairfield is in the CAA for mens lacrosse.
livelovelax

Post by livelovelax »

Time will tell. It is more likely that JMU stays in the CAA for all sports but football.
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

harflax wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:05 pm JMU is leaving for all sports. I was told the the CAA braintrust is not going to allow JMU to be a member for womens' lacrosse only. In addition to Stony Brook, Monmouth and Fairfield are being mentioned as possible future members with the conference going to two divisions based on geography. Fairfield is in the CAA for mens lacrosse.
Buckle up! I am sure there are a million rumors and theories out there about how all of the different realignments will work out in the end. I doubt College of Charleston, Elon, UNC Wilmington, and William & Mary ADs are going to be all that happy about adding three NYC vicinity schools to the CAA and completely dropping JMU without compensation from the CAA to cover their additional travel costs. In the end, it will all be about the $$ and it always is. Never mind that the ALL of the smaller conferences all have weird setups with schools that are not full members but participate in a few sports while being full members in another small conference. It can actually be difficult to follow sometimes.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

harflax wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:05 pm JMU is leaving for all sports. I was told the the CAA braintrust is not going to allow JMU to be a member for womens' lacrosse only. In addition to Stony Brook, Monmouth and Fairfield are being mentioned as possible future members with the conference going to two divisions based on geography. Fairfield is in the CAA for mens lacrosse.
Sorry if I missed it, where would JMU go for WLAX?
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

I’ll believe it when I see it. Like I said earlier, there would only be three teams that play women’s lacrosse in the ASun. Maybe an automatic bid doesn’t mean anything for JMU because they will qualify anyway, but teams like Coastal Carolina and Old Dominion aren’t touching any conference that has less than six members.
DMac

Post by DMac »

@inthe8m wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:40 pm
Buckle up! I am sure there are a million rumors and theories out there about how all of the different realignments will work out in the end. I doubt College of Charleston, Elon, UNC Wilmington, and William & Mary ADs are going to be all that happy about adding three NYC vicinity schools to the CAA and completely dropping JMU without compensation from the CAA to cover their additional travel costs. In the end, it will all be about the $$ and it always is. Never mind that the ALL of the smaller conferences all have weird setups with schools that are not full members but participate in a few sports while being full members in another small conference. It can actually be difficult to follow sometimes.
This might clear it up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoD7wf9UKXs
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

DMac wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:21 pm
@inthe8m wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:40 pm
This might clear it up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoD7wf9UKXs
I was thinking more along the lines of this ... https://c.tenor.com/RFRPkimHjfcAAAAC/za ... p-meme.gif
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Bart wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:46 am Keep me posted DMac.
It's a good thing I'm keeping my eye on the Series goings on for ya, Bart, as I've got some exciting news for you. You, along with everyone else in America, won a free Taco last night. Taco Bell is giving away free tacos for a stolen base in the Series and damn if the very first base runner (well, first one who didn't take all four bases on one swing) didn't steal second, so you're in. I'll let you know when you can pick it up.
History made last night too, very first batter of the game hit the long ball, first time it's ever been done in the WS (hit it on the third pitch of the game). Awful lot of excitement going on there. Braves take a 1-0 lead in the series. More to follow.
MLB and Taco Bell must be following Cuse lax's lead as here every time Cuse scores 10 goals (or more, of course) you get a free Chick-fi-la sandwich by just showing them your ticket stub for the game. It really is a helluva country!!
Bart

Post by Bart »

DMac wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:05 am
Bart wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:46 am Keep me posted DMac.
It's a good thing I'm keeping my eye on the Series goings on for ya, Bart, as I've got some exciting news for you. You, along with everyone else in America, won a free Taco last night. Taco Bell is giving away free tacos for a stolen base in the Series and damn if the very first base runner (well, first one who didn't take all four bases on one swing) didn't steal second, so you're in. I'll let you know when you can pick it up.
History made last night too, very first batter of the game hit the long ball, first time it's ever been done in the WS (hit it on the third pitch of the game). Awful lot of excitement going on there. Braves take a 1-0 lead in the series. More to follow.
MLB and Taco Bell must be following Cuse lax's lead as here every time Cuse scores 10 goals (or more, of course) you get a free Chick-fi-la sandwich by just showing them your ticket stub for the game. It really is a helluva country!!
All that excitement AND taco's. You are right...............helluva country. HELLUVA country. I will be waiting with high anticipation for my turn to get a free taco!
DMac

Post by DMac »

Alright, here ya go, all laid out for ya, mark it on your calendar, Nov. 4th.
You even get a replay of the stolen base...steals it on the pitcher but the little mishandling eliminates any possibility of getting the speedster. One man's bobble is another man's taco, ya know. Game two tonight, will keep you posted.
https://dknation.draftkings.com/2021/10 ... -vs-astros
DMac

Post by DMac »

Uh oh, Stros pull a double steal.
That mean free tacos for life?
Gonna have to look into that.
Stay tuned, Bart, this could get
real exciting.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Denver Pioneers on their '21 Fall Ball season

(pictured Jr midfielder Ellie Curry)

"Pioneers Showcase Improvement in Fall Ball Exhibition vs. CU

Women's lacrosse hosted in-state rival to wrap up pre-season training

Women's Lacrosse 10/27/2021 3:27:00 PM Ron Knabenbauer

DENVER – The University of Denver women's lacrosse team wrapped up its fall season on a high note on Saturday as the Pioneers hosted the Colorado Buffaloes in an exhibition at Peter Barton Stadium.

"We came out strong in the first quarter and then in the last couple quarters we got some subs in, and I think it really showed our depth that we were still able to keep that lead and really show what we have worked on this fall," said senior Madeleine Mason on the Pios' performance to end fall ball.

Saturday's exhibition was as close to a normal game that DU will play before opening the 2022 season in February and closed a busy couple weeks of competition for the Pioneers. They played six mini-contests over the course of two days in the Baltimore, Maryland, area on Oct. 9-10, but those outings were about half the length of a full game.

Denver learned a lot about its club during those two days in Maryland and used the subsequent weeks to improve heading into the fall finale.

"We came into practice really fired up to get better and work on our chemistry," Mason said. "One of our main team goals is to be gritty, and I think this past week in practice we really worked on that grit. I think it showed against CU this last weekend."

DU head coach Liza Kelly was pleased with how her team responded in the practices following the Maryland trip and then executed it in a game-like setting against the Buffs.

"Playing Colorado this weekend was a great way to wrap up the fall season," Kelly said. "I am very happy with how hard the team has worked in practice to push themselves and their teammates, and we have set a great foundation for the spring."

For the nine freshmen on Denver's roster, the outing against Colorado served as a prelude on what to expect in the spring when the games actually count. Mason said the young Pios have shown considerable improvement since fall training began in September, and their development came to a head versus CU.

"Our coach really challenged them to work faster, to rise to the level of the upperclassmen, and they really showed that this past weekend," Mason said. 'A lot of them got in and scored and made huge plays, so it was really exciting to see how much they've grown this fall.'"

https://denverpioneers.com/news/2021/10 ... vs-cu.aspx
Bart

Post by Bart »

DMac wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:17 pm Uh oh, Stros pull a double steal.
That mean free tacos for life?
Gonna have to look into that.
Stay tuned, Bart, this could get
real exciting.
It doesn't get any better than that! Free taco's for life? I'm in.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”