Hobart 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
joewillie78

Re: Hobart 2020

Post by joewillie78 »

As a devoted BIG RED fan, I will be watching tonights game with great interest as We play both of these great teams sometime down the road.

So, from an SOS point of view for Cornell, which would be better, a HOBART win over the #3 team in the country, which would certainly boost Hobarts status when we play them BUT would it diminish SYRACUSE in any way when WE play them. OR a SYRACUSE victory over a top 20 team reaffirming them as a top 3 team, but obviously diminishing HOBARTS status as they must prove they are one of the best 20 teams in the country. Interesting from this Cornell fans point of view.

OK, now on to the game. My X factor if you will for tonights game is DRAKE PORTER, I have watched him in every game and I would rate him as one of the top5 goalies in the country. So far this year, If that dude sees the ball, he stops it. He just doesnt give up cheapies, and seems to come up really big in crunch time.

So for me, if Drake is on his game, it will be very tough on Hobart. However, strange things happen to goalies and if the Bart can somehow make Porter look ordinary, then you never know.

I wish both of these programs the best of luck tonight and look forward to a great game.

GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

joewillie78 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:35 am As a devoted BIG RED fan, I will be watching tonights game with great interest as We play both of these great teams sometime down the road.

So, from an SOS point of view for Cornell, which would be better, a HOBART win over the #3 team in the country, which would certainly boost Hobarts status when we play them BUT would it diminish SYRACUSE in any way when WE play them. OR a SYRACUSE victory over a top 20 team reaffirming them as a top 3 team, but obviously diminishing HOBARTS status as they must prove they are one of the best 20 teams in the country. Interesting from this Cornell fans point of view.

OK, now on to the game. My X factor if you will for tonights game is DRAKE PORTER, I have watched him in every game and I would rate him as one of the top5 goalies in the country. So far this year, If that dude sees the ball, he stops it. He just doesnt give up cheapies, and seems to come up really big in crunch time.

So for me, if Drake is on his game, it will be very tough on Hobart. However, strange things happen to goalies and if the Bart can somehow make Porter look ordinary, then you never know.

I wish both of these programs the best of luck tonight and look forward to a great game.

GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
The obvious answer is that it's always better to have Hobart win. It's science.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

SU v. Hobart video. More pro-SU but still good.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Should've come to Hobart ... then his Dad (great player) wouldn't have to be a traitor for the night.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Maybe he and Jamie Archer can sit together? ;)
tech37

Post by tech37 »

DMac wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:37 pm Maybe he and Jamie Archer can sit together? ;)
good one DMac :D
oldjayfan

Post by oldjayfan »

Laxgunea wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:11 pm Should've come to Hobart ... then his Dad (great player) wouldn't have to be a traitor for the night.
That 1986 Hobart team was impressive--only loss was to: the Bluejays ;)
LRoggy

Post by LRoggy »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:03 am
joewillie78 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:35 am As a devoted BIG RED fan, I will be watching tonights game with great interest as We play both of these great teams sometime down the road.

GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
The obvious answer is that it's always better to have Hobart win. It's science.
Science, philosophy, divine right, historically accurate, grammatically correct, sensual . . . all the liberal arts Gen Ed stuff

And we had Keuka to bed, Wells to wed . . . while Syracuse had a bunch of broadcasters named Mike and Bob and Marv
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

"Keuka to bed, Wells to wed" :lol: Haven't heard that in a few decades. Don't forget "jungle juice" in the stands. Wouldn't mind smuggling in some to the Dome tonight.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

HOW THE F*#K WAS THERE NO PUSH CaLL BEFORE THAT LaST GOA????
spartanslynx

Post by spartanslynx »

How fun is Hobart to watch!? A team that guns early and slides on defence. Havok
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Came out timid and not playing their game, first two shot clock violations of the year on first two possessions. Cuse D strong but we haven’t played our game on O yet. Wish Knox had another crack at the crease look.0
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Great 1st half, exciting game.
kmartin

Post by kmartin »

Credit to SU defense with some last second checks, disruptions and some very good takeaways, but Hobart is playing poorly. Tentative at times and throwing the ball away. Averaging 10 turnovers a game and we have 12 in the first half. Not like us. Some bad reffing too. Missed that push on Delpa and they scored.

Still in it and SU collars might get a little tight

These games are so good for us. SU is an athletically superior team for sure.
kmartin

Post by kmartin »

Second missed push that resulted in a goal. BS
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Why are the refs allowing our guys to be treated like Jodi Fisher in The Accused out there? That ain’t “letting me play”.

Screw up, but Nalen and Hurley our there to start breaking bones Bob Probert style.
NElaxtalent

Post by NElaxtalent »

That might have been the worst uncalled "loose ball push/cross-check" I've ever seen.

Of course led to a Cuse transition G. Bart getting homered (fwiw have no rooting interest)
kmartin

Post by kmartin »

9 cross checked Scott in the head when he scored. No call.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

In slow mo on replay
manyhats

Post by manyhats »