Pre-2020 summer transfers

D1 Mens Lacrosse
youthathletics

Re: Pre-2020 summer transfers

Post by youthathletics »

HopFan16 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:34 pm
AreaLax wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:11 pm Xanders twitter

SoCon Freshman of the Year in 2019, @BellarmineLax's Riley Seay entered the NCAA's transfer portal late last week. The lefty middie from South Carolina led the Knights with 30 goals and nine assists.
Freshman middie who scored 30 goals and is a bio/pre-med major? I know a school that has a pretty good pre-med program that could really use a midfielder. Petro needs to be calling this kid...yesterday.
Curious....how many pre-mad lax players in recent history at JHU? I recall Forrey Smith started out with that aspiration when he committed and has now changed.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:01 pm

SoCon Freshman of the Year in 2019, @BellarmineLax's Riley Seay entered the NCAA's transfer portal late last week. The lefty middie from South Carolina led the Knights with 30 goals and nine assists.
Freshman middie who scored 30 goals and is a bio/pre-med major? I know a school that has a pretty good pre-med program that could really use a midfielder. Petro needs to be calling this kid...yesterday.
Curious....how many pre-mad lax players in recent history at JHU? I recall Forrey Smith started out with that aspiration when he committed and has now changed.
On the current team...there's only one or two I believe.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

DocBarrister wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:47 am
wgdsr wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:46 am guys have 4 years to not only play but to get the education and environment they want. it does surprise me that there's really any blowback on the student-athletes for their desire to realize that.
a culture that's threatened by transfer activity isn't much of a culture. imo.

i did share the opinion that uva shouldn't/wouldn't be bringing in gray. the nuance for me on that is they are coming off the ultimate, and with 3 guys who were at the top of their games in making that happen together. i was wrong , the hoos entertained him...i can see how that may have worked in, as either moore or laviano coming out of the box... but the ride is what made that team different, and to me they would've suffered strategically. and a month after having these guys deliver a champ, you'd be rewarding that by pulling one of them (unless it'd be gray in herring's role, which i doubt).
guessing coming in late to mcintire probably would be a no go, too.

the hoos maybe as much as anyone had jobs up for grabs every week in practice as a mantra. which is probably why he was courted.
Ultimately, Gray went to the finalist team that needed him most, with UNC’s highest-scoring returning player having a respectable but comparatively meager 32 points. Against tougher ACC competition, I don’t see Gray scoring 111 points. Still, he’s going to make a big splash in the highest-profile conference in lacrosse.

DocBarrister 8-)
The reality is UNC is 27-21 in the last 3 years. They caught fire in May a few years back w the title, but that’s a lot of losses!! How good are they? Gray isn’t playing Holy Cross e week. Plus, he will be targeted.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

HopFan16 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:18 pm

I recently asked (maybe on LP), and while I know there were always a couple on the bench, the last difference-maker anybody could remember was https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delverne_Dressel
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

44WeWantMore wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:34 am

I recently asked (maybe on LP), and while I know there were always a couple on the bench, the last difference-maker anybody could remember was https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delverne_Dressel
That was a lacrosse player!
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
viper

Post by viper »

Milford Marchant was not quite a Del Dressel (not too many that good), but he was a leader and difference maker when he played. He is now a an Orthopedic Surgeon. Can't keep his director Dr. Les Matthews out of the conversation either.
Ivyman

Post by Ivyman »

DMac wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:40 pm Probably blue ballzz too, many a mention on the Hop thread about the lack of desire able young coeds there. ;)
Doesn't that condition have the same general effect as beer goggles? 8-)
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Ivyman wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:24 am
DMac wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:40 pm Probably blue ballzz too, many a mention on the Hop thread about the lack of desire able young coeds there. ;)
Doesn't that condition have the same general effect as beer goggles? 8-)

Clearly we don't have enough real lacrosse to discuss at this stage of the off-season. :P
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

viper wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:38 am

Milford Marchant was not quite a Del Dressel (not too many that good), but he was a leader and difference maker when he played. He is now a an Orthopedic Surgeon. Can't keep his director Dr. Les Matthews out of the conversation either.
Thank you. You are, of course, correct on both counts, though Les is going back a bit. My point was we all knew lacrosse players in STEM majors, but few of them were difference-makers.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

Some are pre-mad, some are mad, and many are post-mad. Doubt many pre-med.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Glad to see someone is paying attention. ;) :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
McGriff

Post by McGriff »

Duke question; what are the odds Duke will bring in an upperclass GK transfer as insurance for the 2 young GK on roster. They don't have a 2019 GK commit listed anywhere either. Would they dare start fall ball with just the two sophomore GK only?
Comeonman

Post by Comeonman »

I think the only name keeper out there is Willy Klan. But he’s already transferred once, from OSU to Cuse. That would probably give Danowski and the admissions crew second thoughts. No real burn at either place as well.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Isn’t Brandau the goalie from Georgetown still in the transfer portal?
Typical Lax Dad

Comeonman wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:46 am I think the only name keeper out there is Willy Klan. But he’s already transferred once, from OSU to Cuse. That would probably give Danowski and the admissions crew second thoughtshis . No real burn at either place as well.
Klan was one of the first members of his family to not go to Syracuse. He wanted to be closer to home so he left OSU for Syracuse. I am surprised Klan never got much action but OSU has had good goalies. Do you know if Klan graduated? I can’t remember his class.
Comeonman

Post by Comeonman »

I don’t think Klan graduated yet. He was most recently listed as a red shirt Junior. He hasn’t played much at all in his career at OSU and Cuse, but he was on the U19 USA team so he must have some chops. In terms of Brandau, he was a back up last year and only started the last two games for GTown. He is still out there but I don’t see Danowski taking a third sophomore goalie with limited experience.
Typical Lax Dad

Comeonman wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:39 pm I don’t think Klan graduated yet. He was most recently listed as a red shirt Junior. He hasn’t played much at all in his career at OSU and Cuse, but he was on the U19 USA team so he must have some chops. In terms of Brandau, he was a back up last year and only started the last two games for GTown. He is still out there but I don’t see Danowski taking a third sophomore goalie with limited experience.
Redshirt has nothing to do with academic standing. I was wondering if he graduated. Jack Falk was a redshirt junior. He graduated UVA and went to Duke. I wish Klan the best. Nice kid.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Admin reports Colin Munro going to GT
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Haven't heard anything about either of the transfers from UMd: Wichelns and Avanzato.
Either could be a nice plus for a mid-major program.
Live Free or Die!
Typical Lax Dad

Cooter wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:19 am Haven't heard anything about either of the transfers from UMd: Wichelns and Avanzato.
Either could be a nice plus for a mid-major program.
You don't think they would be a nice plus for a major program?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”