Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: The Mueller Investigation

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:36 pm Trump was elected. The world spins on. The govt still has to function. Get over it.
There is is. Any criticism of Trump is bad, and invalid. If we say anything, we're wrong, and stupid.

Do you remember anyone telling you that during the Obama years? "Shut up old salt, Obama was elected, get over it".

Nope. We actually read your criticisms and respect them. Jokes on me for doing that, right? I
old salt wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:36 pm Benghazi ? How many Americans has Trump abandoned to die in s*hole countries he threw into chaos ?
Obama was elected. The world spins on. The govt still has to function. Get over it.

Isn't that just a lovely response?
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:31 pm
Note also that the Gang of 8 aren't refuting McCabe, either.
So what ? They're not divulging the contents of a classified briefing, ...as McCabe is now doing.
If he is divulging contest of a classified briefing, as you suggest, won't he get in trouble? :o
old salt

Post by old salt »

Process crimes ? Should McCabe be prosecuted for misleading FBI agents, as Flynn & Papadop have been ?

Based on what's been reported, so far, none should have been, imho.
old salt

Post by old salt »

foreverlax wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:51 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:31 pm
Note also that the Gang of 8 aren't refuting McCabe, either.
So what ? They're not divulging the contents of a classified briefing, ...as McCabe is now doing.
If he is divulging contest of a classified briefing, as you suggest, won't he get in trouble? :o
Maybe he will. There's a reason the Gang of 8 are not responding.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:49 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:36 pm Trump was elected. The world spins on. The govt still has to function. Get over it.
There is is. Any criticism of Trump is bad, and invalid. If we say anything, we're wrong, and stupid.

Do you remember anyone telling you that during the Obama years? "Shut up old salt, Obama was elected, get over it".

Nope. We actually read your criticisms and respect them. Jokes on me for doing that, right? I
old salt wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:36 pm Benghazi ? How many Americans has Trump abandoned to die in s*hole countries he threw into chaos ?
Obama was elected. The world spins on. The govt still has to function. Get over it.

So vote him our of office, already. That's how it works in this country.
...& nobody's telling you to shut up (as if that'd work) .:roll:.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:42 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:25 pm You are using one helluva broad brush stroke to paint your mural, not very nice of you. ;)

You have just minimized this investigation based on your latest post to merely lying....cmon man, you are better than that. This entire investigation, as TLD like to remind us with the PDF file of the SC instructions (Order 3915-2017 b i, ii, iii) was to find anything and everything possible, with no narrowed scope...and now that we will likely(hopefully) see a nothing burger, you want to say Mueller ignored lies.
I'm not minimizing anything. I never once believed Mueller would find anything regarding Russia-Trump ---I don't believe actual "collusion" occurred, and said as much the day Mueller was appointed. So you can't treat me like I'm backpedalling. I've had the same position this entire time.

But if you don't want me to paint with a brush like that, stop acting like you think all of Trump and his people's lies are ok. Don't diminish felonies as "process crimes". Don't tell us that you think it's ok to meet with a Russian spy looking for dirt on your opponent. Don't tell us you think it's ok for a sitting POTUS to have so many financial conflicts of interest. Don't tell us it's ok for a President and his advisors to lie about meetings and connections with Russians every chance they got...forcing your fellow Americans to strap on the tinfoil hats. Don't act like Mueller's suggested 20 year sentence for Manafort is a nothingburger.

You think if Mueller doesn't find prosecutable felonies Trump is all set, and all the stuff above never happened. You----and FoxNation for that matter----have set it up like this. If Mueller doesn't indict Trump, then you think nothing bad happened. This is nonsense, I'm sorry.

We're not even close to being on the same page here. America has hit a new low, and I'm sure as *hit going to be taking this attitude, held by many posters here, in mind when I read criticism of our next POTUS, assuming it ain't Trump. We have lowered the bar for our leaders by a mile. Surely you understand this?

"So what, that's not illegal?" should replace our National Anthem. :roll: ;)
You are being very melodramatic acting like controversy has never net the upper tiers of politics. And sadly, if Trump loses, America loses "bigly", happy to hear you all want that to happen.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:56 pm So vote him our of office, already. That's how it works in this country.
Yeah. You are. What the heck do you think "get over it" means?

Or even better, "vote him out office, already".

You remember me saying that to you even once in 8 years of your criticisms of Obama?

Me, neither.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:02 pmYou are being very melodramatic acting like controversy has never net the upper tiers of politics.
There it is. Keep diminishing this stuff. It's happened before "therefore" it doesn't matter.

Got it.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:06 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:56 pm So vote him our of office, already. That's how it works in this country.
Yeah. You are. What the heck do you think "get over it" means?

Or even better, "vote him out office, already".

You remember me saying that to you even once in 8 years of your criticisms of Obama?

Me, neither.
What has pushed you over the edge ?
That McCabe briefed the Gang of 8 & that they didn't immediately initiate impeachment hearings ?

Maybe they were aware of the DoJ IG's investigation & were dubious of McCabe's assertions.
Maybe they weren't all buying what McCabe was selling & were working from their own investigations.
Apparently McCabe didn't mention the discussions about the 25th Amendment or recording the President.
He wasn't selling books yet when he briefed them.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:11 pm I'm going to remember everyone's position on this Russian stuff for a long time.

You have all lowered the bar so far, any forthcoming criticisms of new Presidents are going to be met with total derision.

What's disappointing is that millions of Americans don't seem to realize all that they have tolerated from the Trump administration with not so much as a shoulder shrug.

If I had known you all thought like this, I would have said following the Benghazi video tape lies, "so what? Lying to Americans isn't illegal, so what are you all complaining about? This is all a nothingburger".

You would have all thought I was INSANE for saying something like that. And you would have been right to think that.

And yet here we are in 2019....... you all think that if Trump isn't convicted of a felony, it means Trump and his crew did nothing wrong, so there's nothing to see here.

I'm sure you'll all have this attitude when a Democrat takes office, right? Right.
You don't have to wait. HILLARY CLINTON paid for the dossier used to get FISA warrants to allow US intelligence agencies to spy on an american citizen.
Who's never been charged.

HILLARY CLINTON destroyed tens of thousands of documents under subpoena and then destroyed all the hard drives she and her staff used to create and circulate them.

100'000s of her correspondence as secretary of state where on a convicted felons lap top,

The director of the FBI told congress under oath that HILLARY CLINTON lied to them in congressional testimony REPEATEDLY.

None of these peoples lives have been destroyed their net worth wiped out or have spent anytime in jail let alone solitary confinement.

Muellers investigation is nothing more than opposition research for the 20/20 campaign and a smoke screen to cover up all the above.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Enough of the facts 6ft, they have no place in politics. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Just aksing....for a friend. Has tRump done ANYTHING good?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Chips O'Toole

Post by Chips O'Toole »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:02 pm BTW, hot off the presses, Barr announced Mueller report coming as early as next week. Hope you have plenty of Xanax to calm you down when the report says the SC with hunt is over, big nothing burger between Trump and Russia. :D
You, and many others, interpret this news about a forthcoming Mueller report as a Trump victory and a conclusion to the "witch hunt". Why? Is there any actual logic or reasoning behind this interpretation?
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:55 pm

Just aksing....for a friend. Has tRump done ANYTHING good?
I would have to say, for me, nothing he has done has improved my life....without attempting to identify specific regs he has turned back, I feel confident he has done more to hurt the environment, then help it.

Not blowing anything up, that's a win.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:23 pm
What has pushed you over the edge?
I've had the same views since day one. I've been over the edge this whole time.

1. I never thought Trump colluded with anyone, until shown otherwise. We still have zero evidence he did anything of the sort.
2. Trump has a whole mess of business conflicts that any rational person would like him to have taken care of before taking office. He didn't, and that has led to a whole mess of tinfoil hat stuff. Trump's fault, and he gets a pass.
3.The hotel meeting. This USED to be a disqualifying event for a Presidential hopeful. I'm livid about this.
4. All the lies by Trump and his crew about Russian contacts. First of all, the lies aren't ok, and second of all, it's fanned the tin foil hat flames. You guys keep acting like people are nuts for wanting Mueller to look into this, and for the life of me, I don't get how you can be that far down the partisan rabbit hole to not say "yeah, we have no choice but to investigate this crap when everything these guys say about Russia turns out to be a lie".
5. Multiple felony indictments and convictions are treated like they're parking tickets.

There's more, but those are the highlights.

You and others either don't care about #2-#5, or do everything you can to diminish them, and it's clear it's partisanship at work. "That's not illegal" isn't a rational response by an adult American citizen. Why bother following what our leaders do if that's the only criteria for evaluation? Just read the police blotter, and ignore all else.

It bothers me.

The McCabe thing annoys me because if he's telling the truth (can't imagine he'd lie about meeting 8 freaking Congressmen and briefing them), then there's no FBI Deep State. They just did their jobs--told McConnell what they were doing---- and everyone hung them out to dry for doing what we pay them to do.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:36 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:11 pm I'm going to remember everyone's position on this Russian stuff for a long time.

You have all lowered the bar so far, any forthcoming criticisms of new Presidents are going to be met with total derision.

What's disappointing is that millions of Americans don't seem to realize all that they have tolerated from the Trump administration with not so much as a shoulder shrug.

If I had known you all thought like this, I would have said following the Benghazi video tape lies, "so what? Lying to Americans isn't illegal, so what are you all complaining about? This is all a nothingburger".

You would have all thought I was INSANE for saying something like that. And you would have been right to think that.

And yet here we are in 2019....... you all think that if Trump isn't convicted of a felony, it means Trump and his crew did nothing wrong, so there's nothing to see here.

I'm sure you'll all have this attitude when a Democrat takes office, right? Right.
Trump was elected. The world spins on. The govt still has to function. Get over it.

Benghazi ? How many Americans has Trump abandoned to die in s*hole countries he threw into chaos ?
I don't know, do you?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:39 pm

You don't have to wait. HILLARY CLINTON paid for the dossier used to get FISA warrants to allow US intelligence agencies to spy on an american citizen.
Who's never been charged.

HILLARY CLINTON destroyed tens of thousands of documents under subpoena and then destroyed all the hard drives she and her staff used to create and circulate them.

100'000s of her correspondence as secretary of state where on a convicted felons lap top,

The director of the FBI told congress under oath that HILLARY CLINTON lied to them in congressional testimony REPEATEDLY.

None of these peoples lives have been destroyed their net worth wiped out or have spent anytime in jail let alone solitary confinement.

Muellers investigation is nothing more than opposition research for the 20/20 campaign and a smoke screen to cover up all the above.
Yikes, worried for you 6ft.
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:55 pm Just aksing....for a friend. Has tRump done ANYTHING good?
Of course! Started talks with Kim. Held most of the sanctions on Russia. Didn't invade new countries. That's a big deal for me. Announced we'd bail from Syria....that one was a big thumbs up from me. He just has to finish the drill there.

Prison reform bill has a chance to do some serious good, although I don't understand it fully. Thumbs up there.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:36 pm

Trump was elected. The world spins on. The govt still has to function. Get over it.

Benghazi ? How many Americans has Trump abandoned to die in s*hole countries he threw into chaos ?
How many died in Niger? I can link the video if you want.....
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:39 pmYou don't have to wait. HILLARY CLINTON paid for the dossier used to get FISA warrants
See, this is where your lowering of the bar wrecks your point.

That's not illegal, remember? That's the bar you set.

Meanwhile, I get to criticize the use of foreign spies to get intel on an opponent. See how that works? I think both Hillary and Trump's toadies were wrong to do that.

You and the rest of the posters here who think that Hotel meeting was super-cool have no standing to go after Hillary for that.

See the problem now?

6ftstick wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:39 pm HILLARY CLINTON destroyed tens of thousands of documents under subpoena and then destroyed all the hard drives she and her staff used to create and circulate them.

Great. Put her on trial. You're operating under the assumption that I'm not for doing that. YOU are the one making BS excuses for Felons, not me. Hillary's a corrupt crook. You'll get no argument from me.

But you and others here seem to think that Hillary's bad behavior means that Trump and his crew should get a pass. Nope. Sorry. Either both actions are wrong, or neither are. Take your pick.
6ftstick wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:39 pm Muellers investigation is nothing more than opposition research for the 20/20 campaign and a smoke screen to cover up all the above.
Right. So maybe next time, don't fire Comey, and all of it blows over in a matter of months.

Who fired Comey again?

Return to “POLITICS”