The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
njbill

Re: 2024

Post by njbill »

Trump is starting to write the Biden campaign ads.

Today he called for Liz Cheney’s execution (in Trump speak treason means execution).

He also called for the jailing of Biden, Harris, Schumer, McConnell, Pelosi, Pence, and members of the House select committee that investigated the January 6, 2021 attack on the US Capitol.

Anybody who thinks he doesn’t fully intend to follow through on those threats is more naïve than a newborn baby.

And this was just off the top of his head. Wait until his gang of ghouls gets to work, abusing the levers of power the president now has.
a fan

Post by a fan »

njbill wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:21 pm Trump is starting to write the Biden campaign ads.

Today he called for Liz Cheney’s execution (in Trump speak treason means execution).

He also called for the jailing of Biden, Harris, Schumer, McConnell, Pelosi, Pence, and members of the House select committee that investigated the January 6, 2021 attack on the US Capitol.

Anybody who thinks he doesn’t fully intend to follow through on those threats is more naïve than a newborn baby.

And this was just off the top of his head. Wait until his gang of ghouls gets to work, abusing the levers of power the president now has.
Cannot imagine being in the military right now.

You have two guys who are not at all "all there" running the show for the next 5 years.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Yup. Flynn in charge of the military. Bannon as Sec’y of State (hey, I did my time; where’s my reward?)

While Trump will have immunity for all the crimes he commits, his underlings will not. But Trump can pardon anyone and everyone who works for him. It will simply be one of the forms you sign on your last day of employment – a blanket pardon from the dotard himself. Signed in illegible sharpie.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

njbill wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 5:52 pm Yup. Flynn in charge of the military. Bannon as Sec’y of State (hey, I did my time; where’s my reward?)

While Trump will have immunity for all the crimes he commits, his underlings will not. But Trump can pardon anyone and everyone who works for him. It will simply be one of the forms you sign on your last day of employment – a blanket pardon from the dotard himself. Signed in illegible sharpie.
ahh but he'll keep the sword over their necks for as long as he wants...IF they stay 'loyal'.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Agree. On second thought, they won’t get the pardon until Trump‘s last day in office.

I guess he doesn’t need to pardon himself anymore.

Saw something today that, while shocking, probably is true. If this Supreme Court ruling had applied to Hitler, he probably would’ve been immune from prosecution.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/02/politics ... index.html

:lol: :lol: :lol: I wonder if it tasted like chicken?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Do t know much about the polling place cited and map, but the argument is it’s a democratic polling service.

https://x.com/endwokeness/status/180823 ... a82I2GssRg
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 8:14 pm Do t know much about the polling place cited and map, but the argument is it’s a democratic polling service.

Been saying it for months. Trump is our next POTUS.

There's 1% chance the Dems show some spine, and convince Joe to step down.

Can't imagine anyone but Harris being chosen in this unprecedented move.....use someone who's already in the fight.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 7:38 pm https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/02/politics ... index.html

Maybe the worm was calling the shots.
njbill

Post by njbill »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 8:14 pm Do t know much about the polling place cited and map, but the argument is it’s a democratic polling service.

Not that I think Sabato is anything special, but here is where he sees the race as of June 13 (obviously pre-debate):

https://centerforpolitics.org/crystalba ... president/

He only has four tossup states: Arizona, Nevada, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. He gives Georgia to Trump and Michigan to Biden. He gives Biden the one district in Nebraska. If Biden were to win Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, he would be right at 270.

In the post debate polls I’ve seen or heard about, Biden takes a big hit on mental fitness to hold office, but perhaps inconsistently, the race remains about where it has been. As I have been saying, the only important polling question is who are you going to vote for. If I were polled, I would say I don’t think he is mentally or physically fit to hold office, but I sure as hell am going to vote for him given the alternative.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Typical Lax Dad

njbill wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 8:33 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 7:38 pm https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/02/politics ... index.html

Maybe the worm was calling the shots.
njbill

Post by njbill »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 8:57 pm Image

Wonder if the NYT wrote an editorial calling on Trump to concede the election that night?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:17 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:02 am
a fan wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:19 am
old salt wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:55 pm
afan -- my family's niche market grocery store is still going strong, in it's 2nd century.
The big boy chains come through, do their surveys, sometimes offer a buyout, then go back to the city. :lol:
There's a case cutter across the hwy, but he can't beat our house brand prices, doesn't sell liquor, & can't match our full service meat dept.
Even Walmart took a pass. Did not need FTC intervention or protection.
:lol: Old Salt, as you know perfectly well, the FTC has already intervened, protecting the market you operate in. That's the whole point to the FTC's existence....to allow your family biz to exist and compete..

You're gaslighting, and understand this just fine.
Independent grocers watch as the FTC picks winners & losers among the big boy monopolists.

THE FTC has really helped the mom & pop little guys. :lol:

https://www.reuters.com/business/retail ... 024-02-28/
Just 10 chains - Walmart, Kroger, Costco, Albertsons, Sam's Club, Publix, Ahold-Delhaize, Dollar General, Target and Aldi - controlled 60% of the total U.S. grocery market in 2021, according to Bernstein research.
The National Grocers Association, a trade group that represents thousands of smaller independent food retailers and wholesalers, says that four big food retailers - Walmart, Kroger, Costco and Albertsons - leverage market share to "box out" suppliers, resulting in deals that shift higher prices onto smaller stores.
:lol: So you ARE gaslighting.

So the FTC....after post-Reagan/Clinton 1%er cheating, and doing NOTHING about obvious monopolies in every industry.

Khan shows up, and starts doing what we pay the FTC to do. You're just mad about this ONE instance that hit your pocketbook.

And that's fine. Complain away, and tell us "this is a different case".

Noticed you "forgot" to tell us how their 16 different acquisitions wasn't boilerplate monopolistic practice. It's because you know it's a monopoly, and letting them acquire yet another company is absurd. In short, you're gaslighting, and know precisely why Khan (gasp!) actually did her freaking job, unlike the last 40 years of FTC committees. You just want your shares left alone....I get it.

You're going to have to calm down at some pont, and admit that now that I know you're a partisan and that wasn't you on Laxpower......you and I agree on a whole range of issues, and you're just arguing to argue.
You don't know anything about Illumina, their sector, their growth & their previous acquisitions, & it shows.
Had you even heard of Illumina before I raised the issue ?
More importantly, what impact will this have on getting Grail's urgently needed cancer test to market ? Do you even care about that ?
Why did Khan overule her own FTC Judge & drop the boom on Illumina now, without warning ?
Why did the FTC not block any of Illumina's previous mergers & acquisitions ?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

a fan wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 8:18 pm

Been saying it for months. Trump is our next POTUS.

Armageddon nears! :twisted:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:35 pm
afan -- my family's niche market grocery store is still going strong, in it's 2nd century.
The big boy chains come through, do their surveys, sometimes offer a buyout, then go back to the city. :lol:
There's a case cutter across the hwy, but he can't beat our house brand prices, doesn't sell liquor, & can't match our full service meat dept.
:lol: Old Salt, as you know perfectly well, the FTC has already intervened, protecting the market you operate in. That's the whole point to the FTC's existence....to allow your family biz to exist and compete..

Independent grocers watch as the FTC picks winners & losers among the big boy monopolists.

Just 10 chains - Walmart, Kroger, Costco, Albertsons, Sam's Club, Publix, Ahold-Delhaize, Dollar General, Target and Aldi - controlled 60% of the total U.S. grocery market in 2021, according to Bernstein research.
The National Grocers Association, a trade group that represents thousands of smaller independent food retailers and wholesalers, says that four big food retailers - Walmart, Kroger, Costco and Albertsons - leverage market share to "box out" suppliers, resulting in deals that shift higher prices onto smaller stores.

So the FTC....after post-Reagan/Clinton 1%er cheating, and doing NOTHING about obvious monopolies in every industry.

Khan shows up, and starts doing what we pay the FTC to do. You're just mad about this ONE instance that hit your pocketbook.

Noticed you "forgot" to tell us how their 16 different acquisitions wasn't boilerplate monopolistic practice. It's because you know it's a monopoly, and letting them acquire yet another company is absurd. In short, you're gaslighting, and know precisely why Khan (gasp!) actually did her freaking job, unlike the last 40 years of FTC committees. You just want your shares left alone....I get it.

You're going to have to calm down at some pont, and admit that now that I know you're a partisan and that wasn't you on Laxpower......you and I agree on a whole range of issues, and you're just arguing to argue.
You don't know anything about Illumina, their sector, their growth & their previous acquisitions, & it shows.
More importantly, what impact will this have on getting Grail's urgently needed cancer test to market ? Do you even care about that ?
Why did Khan overule her own FTC Judge & drop the boom on Illumina now, without warning ?
Because Khan is new, that's why. The previous FTC Commissions waved them all through.

You just explained why she's doing what she is doing----you understand, without any prompting on my part, that the monopolies that are in your parent's sector hurt them. And NO ONE at the FTC did a freaking thing about it for DECADES.....because the Dems and R's are bought and paid for by the monopoly interests. Khan isn't....when you whined about her not having "business experience"? What that really means is that she's not an insider to the monopoly system that helps 1% of the businesses, at the expense of the 99%.

Telling us that "cancer patients will die" is nothing more than a game played so the monopolies and their shareholders (ahem) get paid. That's it.

The irony is....which hasn't occurred to you....is that if previous FTC's did their jobs? And Illumina weren't allowed to acquire 16.....SIXTEEEN.....different companies to get that absurd 80% marketshare? They could acquire Grail without headaches.

BTW......if Grail is SO important, and cancer treatment trumps other considerations? Illumina can simply sell of the companies they already bought, lowering their marketshare.

Why don't they do that?

You know why: money. Keeping shareholders like you flush. Make the 1%ers richer than they were last week. That's it. That's the goal.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:26 am
old salt wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:35 pm

Because Khan is new, that's why. The previous FTC Commissions waved them all through.

You just explained why she's doing what she is doing----you understand, without any prompting on my part, that the monopolies that are in your parent's sector hurt them. And NO ONE at the FTC did a freaking thing about it for DECADES.....because the Dems and R's are bought and paid for by the monopoly interests. Khan isn't....when you whined about her not having "business experience"? What that really means is that she's not an insider to the monopoly system that helps 1% of the businesses, at the expense of the 99%.

Telling us that "cancer patients will die" is nothing more than a game played so the monopolies and their shareholders (ahem) get paid. That's it.

The irony is....which hasn't occurred to you....is that if previous FTC's did their jobs? And Illumina weren't allowed to acquire 16.....SIXTEEEN.....different companies to get that absurd 80% marketshare? They could acquire Grail without headaches.

BTW......if Grail is SO important, and cancer treatment trumps other considerations? Illumina can simply sell of the companies they already bought, lowering their marketshare.

Why don't they do that?

You know why: money. Keeping shareholders like you flush. Make the 1%ers richer than they were last week. That's it. That's the goal.
My wife is not financially savy at all. Knows next to nothing about companies and investing. I asked her last night if she knows the company Illumina? She said yes….the are a huge company and sells all of these gene sequencing products that everyone uses….she asked me how do I know it? I told her I was reading about it….she says yeah it’s huge. She asked if I was reading about it for work….I said no, “they were trying to buy a company that is involved in early detection of cancer but it was denied”…..she said “it would probably be a monopoly”….she knows nothing about antitrust litigation etc. but she knows what a monopoly is.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:26 am BTW......if Grail is SO important, and cancer treatment trumps other considerations? Illumina can simply sell of the companies they already bought, lowering their marketshare.

Why don't they do that?
...because they were not offered that option.
They might have done that if offered that option..
They were blind sided by Khan after her FTC Judge ruled in Illumina's favor.

Illumina = the "monopoly" that no one's heard of. :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

https://centuryofbio.com/p/illumina

My wife was first sequencing genes in 1990….right as the human genome project was making its way into public consciousness. Plenty of of people know Illumina’s market dominance. Just not people Old Soldier knows.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:23 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:26 am BTW......if Grail is SO important, and cancer treatment trumps other considerations? Illumina can simply sell of the companies they already bought, lowering their marketshare.

Why don't they do that?
...because they were not offered that option.
They might have done that if offered that option..
They were blind sided by Khan after her FTC Judge ruled in Illumina's favor.

Illumina = the "monopoly" that no one's heard of. :roll:
They don't need to be offered that option. A good CEO figures it out. That's what they get paid to do. If they're not smart enough to know that having 80% marketshare means that buying up more companies might not be an option? The problem is your CEO sucks.

Blindsided at 80% marketshare? When Old Salt himself told us the FTC isn't doing their job breaking up monopolies in the grocery sector?

Come on. Let's move on. We get it, you're angry. I'm out of things to say here....

Return to “POLITICS”