Ron Desantis (The Desantis Doctrine)

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Ron Desantis (The Desantis Doctrine)

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:35 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:16 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:14 pm
njbill wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:40 am Serious question: how does Ron get Trump not to run and/or to back him?
Pay him.
... won't work. Trump knows his base will stick with him. DeSantis will not get that base by going against Trump. Trump has the republiCON party by the balls. :lol: Trump is no longer a problem for the dems, the republiCONs own the political problem totally. The republiCONs should try to make a deal with the dems to impeach him and invoke the can't serve in federal office punishment. Better yet, they should have done it 2 years ago. :lol:
Dunno. I could see Trump finding the value of having a POTUS in his pocket. There was a reason HIll and Bill were at his wedding....
How would DeSantis ever be in his pocket?

Just the threat of criticism from the also-ran peanut gallery?
Trump's relevance will wane super fast if he definitely decides not to run.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

njbill wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:40 am Serious question: how does Ron get Trump not to run and/or to back him?
Pay him.
... won't work. Trump knows his base will stick with him. DeSantis will not get that base by going against Trump. Trump has the republiCON party by the balls. :lol: Trump is no longer a problem for the dems, the republiCONs own the political problem totally. The republiCONs should try to make a deal with the dems to impeach him and invoke the can't serve in federal office punishment. Better yet, they should have done it 2 years ago. :lol:
Dunno. I could see Trump finding the value of having a POTUS in his pocket. There was a reason HIll and Bill were at his wedding....
.. I just see this as an issue that impacts the thing he is most concerned about, more than money, his EGO.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:34 pm
Pay him.

DeSantis is doing a fine job of ignoring Trump, he should continue. Trumps relevance could hang in the balance considering the people he backed did not fare so well...I think he is barely hanging on. I believe the R establishment may insulate Ron, thereby forcing Trump to make a decision to go all in and compete with Ron, so Trump does not go independent. The $10K question is how to keep Trump from going Independent.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Pay him.

... I don't think his relevance will wane all that quickly. The base loves him. This is not a rational set of individuals, it is a cult. They are convinced that what happens to Trump happens to them. If the party disrespects Trump, they disrespect the cult. If Trump sulks, they sulk, or worse. Trump knows this. I am not sure the party understands this. The base has little love for the party. The feel the party has played them too many times.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:59 pm
Pay him.

DeSantis is doing a fine job of ignoring Trump, he should continue. Trumps relevance could hang in the balance considering the people he backed did not fare so well...I think he is barely hanging on. I believe the R establishment may insulate Ron, thereby forcing Trump to make a decision to go all in and compete with Ron, so Trump does not go independent. The $10K question is how to keep Trump from going Independent.
... relevance to you perhaps, not the cult. The base is not rational.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:02 pm
Pay him.

... I don't think his relevance will wane all that quickly. The base loves him. This is not a rational set of individuals, it is a cult. They are convinced that what happens to Trump happens to them. If the party disrespects Trump, they disrespect the cult. If Trump sulks, they sulk, or worse. Trump knows this. I am not sure the party understands this. The base has little love for the party. The feel the party has played them too many times.
Same can be said on the flip side. People are realizing that the handout lip-service of the left is really just that....talk. I have many friends and work associates that are die-hard trumpers (cult people) as you ascribe. The cultishness (new word) is not so much a love for Trump, but he is their voice that is never heard and pushed aside in politics. The appeal is Trump has come in a kicked over rocks where rattlesnakes are lurking, and now everyone sees them....and if he plays the role of the martyr, so be it. Imo, that is the truly scary part; if the curtain continues to lift on the shenanigan's that is US politics, it will end up in the gutter. It is why I believe the want Ron to step further away from Trump and they will persuade Trumps base to align with Ron, who is slightly more polished and not so trigger happy be tweeting at 2 am.

Kinda hard to get my point across, and I do agree with you, just with a bit more vision and nuance added.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:16 pm Same can be said on the flip side. People are realizing that the handout lip-service of the left is really just that....talk. I have many friends and work associates that are die-hard trumpers (cult people) as you ascribe. The cultishness (new word) is not so much a love for Trump, but he is their voice that is never heard and pushed aside in politics.
Oh, they were 100% listened to. By Bernie Sanders. That man hit every working class person's problems for decades, including his candidacy. TrumpFans, who are in epic denial, won't listen to reason.

They didn't want to hear it. Until they're ready to hear the message, they're F'ed.

And you know exactly what that message is, because I've said it a million times.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:22 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:16 pm Same can be said on the flip side. People are realizing that the handout lip-service of the left is really just that....talk. I have many friends and work associates that are die-hard trumpers (cult people) as you ascribe. The cultishness (new word) is not so much a love for Trump, but he is their voice that is never heard and pushed aside in politics.
Oh, they were 100% listened to. By Bernie Sanders. That man hit every working class person's problems for decades, including his candidacy. TrumpFans, who are in epic denial, won't listen to reason.

They didn't want to hear it. Until they're ready to hear the message, they're F'ed.

And you know exactly what that message is, because I've said it a million times.
It's why I believe Ron is that new shiny toy for the R party. He's not as horrible as Trump, he turned a purple Florida into fire engine red, and he is not Bernie wanting to give everyone something for free.....while the redwing working class pays for it all.
~Livy

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

DeSantis' Florida. Taking one out of the Nazi's playbook.
:roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:31 pm

It's why I believe Ron is that new shiny toy for the R party. He's not as horrible as Trump, he turned a purple Florida into fire engine red, and he is not Bernie wanting to give everyone something for free.....while the redwing working class pays for it all.
I think you guys are both ignoring the major issue. Bernie's not a bigot. He's not going to tell Americans that the problem with their lives is because there's some Other out there that's determined to "replace" them.

Otherwise, he's all policy for the working class, the blue collar family; paid for by the hyper rich....just no bigotry...and the cult is really, when the onion is fully peeled, all about the bigotry, the excuse, the blame.

DeSantis is playing the bigotry card...
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:42 pm DeSantis' Florida. Taking one out of the Nazi's playbook.
:roll:

corporal punishment = Gestapo tactics
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:31 pm It's why I believe Ron is that new shiny toy for the R party. He's not as horrible as Trump, he turned a purple Florida into fire engine red, and he is not Bernie wanting to give everyone something for free.....while the redwing working class pays for it all.
:lol: How many years have you been posting on this forum, and seen my posts on this subject?

And yet you STILL think that Republicans aren't about handouts.

Come on. Be better.

And for the record, Bernie wanted to shift money money from doing things like educating kids in Afghanistan and Iraq, blowing HUNDREDS of billions to do it....and bring our troops home, and use the money for our own kids, and invest in them. What a handout-commie, right? :roll:

You didn't listen to him. None of you did. You should have been jumping ship in the millions to vote for him in the primaries. Because he has the same policies that you, Old Salt, and the others in your party now have.

Case in point? Hilariously watching Republicans clutch pearls about sending money to Ukraine. After 50+ years of warmongering, thousands of dead Americans, Trillions of dollars blown....here in 2022, Republicans FINALLY get the freaking memo that our country is falling part while we fight and fund wars all over the globe. You should have listened to Bernie, my man. Unions. Working class. Invest in America and don't ship it all overseas. Every single one of those things are things real conservatives believe in.

And all I can say to this "coming to Jeezus in Ukraine" is: welcome aboard! It's about freaking time you figured this out. And when you get the chance, don't vote for Neo-cons, regardless of party.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:16 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:02 pm
Pay him.

Same can be said on the flip side. People are realizing that the handout lip-service of the left is really just that....talk. I have many friends and work associates that are die-hard trumpers (cult people) as you ascribe. The cultishness (new word) is not so much a love for Trump, but he is their voice that is never heard and pushed aside in politics. The appeal is Trump has come in a kicked over rocks where rattlesnakes are lurking, and now everyone sees them....and if he plays the role of the martyr, so be it. Imo, that is the truly scary part; if the curtain continues to lift on the shenanigan's that is US politics, it will end up in the gutter. It is why I believe the want Ron to step further away from Trump and they will persuade Trumps base to align with Ron, who is slightly more polished and not so trigger happy be tweeting at 2 am.

Kinda hard to get my point across, and I do agree with you, just with a bit more vision and nuance added.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you are speaking for yourself!
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:16 pm People are realizing that the handout lip-service of the left is really just that....talk.
The left has no power, YA. Put them in charge. Watch. Watch what happens.

Or do you think that Biden and Pelosi are lefties? :lol:
youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:16 pm The appeal is Trump has come in a kicked over rocks where rattlesnakes are lurking, and now everyone sees them
Really? Who? Name a rattlesnake with a R by his or her name that Trump has "exposed".

The exact OPPOSITE has happened, YA. Republicans have doubled down on "anything someone with a R by their name does is awesome." Trump didn't kick over rocks----he let the rocks multiply. I have no clue how you don't see this.
DMac

Post by DMac »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:07 am More Florida Fascism. This kind of sh*t, the attitude that it is ok starts at the top.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqtwV7WfosA
So you get arrested, taken to the station for the mug shot, fingerprints, and probably the cheek swab these days and it turns out there's no justifiable reason for any of that. The Sherrif apologizes to the unjustifiably arrested, reprimands and punishes the arresting officers, and sends them to school for training.
Question is, what happens with the mug shot, fingerprints, and cheek swab at that point?
If it's me, I want that stuff, I do not want it in the possession of the police.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

njbill wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:40 amSerious question: how does Ron get Trump not to run and/or to back him?
He can't. The Republican party is now required by law to carry Trump to term...
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

DMac wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:51 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:07 am More Florida Fascism. This kind of sh*t, the attitude that it is ok starts at the top.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqtwV7WfosA
So you get arrested, taken to the station for the mug shot, fingerprints, and probably the cheek swab these days and it turns out there's no justifiable reason for any of that. The Sherrif apologizes to the unjustifiably arrested, reprimands and punishes the arresting officers, and sends them to school for training.
Question is, what happens with the mug shot, fingerprints, and cheek swab at that point?
If it's me, I want that stuff, I do not want it in the possession of the police.
Two days off without pay for effectively kidnapping the guy, and violating his constitutional rights. Yeah, folks are crazy to criticize members of a paramilitary unit that used to protect and serve. Disgraceful.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:44 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:16 pm People are realizing that the handout lip-service of the left is really just that....talk.
The left has no power, YA. Put them in charge. Watch. Watch what happens.

Or do you think that Biden and Pelosi are lefties? :lol: YA reply - I was referring to the SOP of the democratic party (I use the term left, as anyone without an r, for simplicity)
youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:16 pm The appeal is Trump has come in a kicked over rocks where rattlesnakes are lurking, and now everyone sees them
Really? Who? Name a rattlesnake with a R by his or her name that Trump has "exposed". YA reply - we are not on the save wavelength or you are intentionally ignoring the obvious. My rock/rattlesnake comment was not referencing any one person or party, but the establishment domain as a whole. Remember, my entire argument here, before it got chopped, cropped, and misconstrued, is that Trump ignited a cultism (as jhu mentioned in my original reply)that knows just enough about politicians to have all their years of complaining justified.

The exact OPPOSITE has happened, YA. Republicans have doubled down on "anything someone with a R by their name does is awesome." Trump didn't kick over rocks----he let the rocks multiply. I have no clue how you don't see this.
~Livy

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:42 pm

I think you guys are both ignoring the major issue. Bernie's not a bigot. He's not going to tell Americans that the problem with their lives is because there's some Other out there that's determined to "replace" them.

Otherwise, he's all policy for the working class, the blue collar family; paid for by the hyper rich....just no bigotry...and the cult is really, when the onion is fully peeled, all about the bigotry, the excuse, the blame.

Here we go again, flirting with bigotry, oy vey, you working for Rachel Maddow or a writer for The View? ;) :lol:
Trump is not a bigot.....all he cares about is Green, Gold...and of course Orange. ;)
~Livy

old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:45 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:42 pm

Here we go again, flirting with bigotry, oy vey, you working for Rachel Maddow or a writer for The View? ;) :lol:
Trump is not a bigot.....all he cares about is Green, Gold...and of course Orange. ;)
Desantis & several other (R)'s did pretty well winning the votes of those "Other/replacements" -- he turned Miami-Dade Red.

Return to “POLITICS”