JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Trinity

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by Trinity »

Vice-President Pence will deliver an address to the nation this week on the path forward with Iran.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
njbill

Post by njbill »

Kismet wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:24 pm I wonder if his new defense lawyers who sold him a bill of goods will give him a refund on their fees for FUBARing his plea. Presidential pardons do not expunge your record and you must disclose your criminal record going forward when asked.
Only the judge and maybe his law clerks know whether the new lawyer's Hail Mary, scorched earth approach is going to add to the number of days Flynn spends in jail. Before Powell took over his case, I thought the judge might agree with the prosecutors' recommendation at the time of no jail time. It sure looks like he'll get sent to the Big House now. The question is for how long. There have been multiple signals in the case that the judge isn't very happy with Flynn. Will that add to the number of days in the slammer? We'll see shortly.

If pardoned for a felony offense, will he be able to own a firearm?
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:40 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:51 pm
Kismet wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:40 pm They SENT IT TO THE IRAQI GOVERNMENT

You cannot understand this? Aren't you a Naval Academy grad?
It was not official correspondence.
It was a heads up advance copy, sent to a LtGen in the IMOD, who was the counterpart of our local commander.
There's a course in SNAFU at USNA. This well intentioned Marine got "bilged" by his Iraqi counterpart.

You're dodging my question. Should we remain in Iraq if the Iraqi govt does not rein in their PMF militias & stop the attacks on US forces ?
...even if we had yet to counterattack, in any form ? It's ez to be brilliant in hindsight.
We should not leave any of our people in country without proper protection and should have been prepared to tell the Iraqis this with regard to militia forces inside their country and part of their security forces. Did we not do this after the last set of attacks? Hard to believe we didn't....but then again with this crowd of buffoons, you never know.

In fact, if what you say is true about the Iraqis, I'd suggest leaving as they obviously cannot be trusted to discern a draft from the real thing apparently.

At this point, if the Iraqis ask us to leave, we should leave.

As my mother used to say, you made the bed and now you have to lie in it

As for being brilliant in hindsight, that's been your MO throughout the 8 years of the Obama administration. You second-guessed every move and decision they made.
Hah ! You may recall that I 1st guessed Obama on early withdrawl from Iraq & on JCOPA (recall our discussion re. Sen Cotton's letter to the Ayotollah)
You may also recall that I hoped JCPOA would work & if it did, I'd lead the Obama on Rushmore movement.

You wanna hear from Bolton - the JCPOA fig leaf has fallen away. They never intended to denuc.
They just played us for time & cash. ...long enough to take over Iraq, while we destroyed ISIS for them.
https://twitter.com/AmbJohnBolton/statu ... 7135712258

Another good day. Iran rips the mask off the idea it ever fully complied with the nuclear deal, or that it made a strategic decision to forswear nuclear weapons. Now, it's on to the real job: effectively preventing the ayatollahs from getting such a capability.
3:03 PM · Jan 5, 2020
Last edited by old salt on Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

old salt wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:29 pm

It was a heads up advance copy, sent to a LtGen in the IMOD, who was the counterpart of our local commander.
There's a course in SNAFU at USNA. This well intentioned Marine got "bilged" by his Iraqi counterpart.

You're dodging my question. Should we remain in Iraq if the Iraqi govt does not rein in their PMF militias & stop the attacks on US forces ?
...even if we had yet to counterattack, in any form ? It's ez to be brilliant in hindsight.
We should not leave any of our people in country without proper protection and should have been prepared to tell the Iraqis this with regard to militia forces inside their country and part of their security forces. Did we not do this after the last set of attacks? Hard to believe we didn't....but then again with this crowd of buffoons, you never know.

In fact, if what you say is true about the Iraqis, I'd suggest leaving as they obviously cannot be trusted to discern a draft from the real thing apparently.

As for being brilliant in hindsight, that's been your MO throughout the 8 years of the Obama administration. You second-guessed every move and decision they made.
Hah ! You may recall that I 1st guessed Obama on JCOPA (recall our discussion re. Sen Cotton's letter to the Ayotollah)
You may also recall that I hoped JCPOA would work & if it did, I'd lead the Obama on Rushmore movement.

You wanna hear from Bolton, the JCPOA fig leaf has fallen away. They never intended to denuc.
They just played us for time & cash. ...long enough to take over Iraq, while we destroyed ISIS for them.

Another good day. Iran rips the mask off the idea it ever fully complied with the nuclear deal, or that it made a strategic decision to forswear nuclear weapons. Now, it's on to the real job: effectively preventing the ayatollahs from getting such a capability.
They never intended to denuc.
They just played us for time & cash.

Wow! who would of thunk that? The Iranians pulled a classic sting on that bufoon Obama. Sadly the usual group of FLP toadstools on this forum still have not figured that one out yet. They are still blathering about the US paying back Iran the money we owed them. I guess all debts like this are payed back by C130 aircraft ladened with gold and cash landing in the dead of night on some nondescript airfield in the middle of Bumb F**k Iran
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Yeah. All that stupid JCPOA did was keep Iran from building a nuke for five Fing years.

You and Bolton thought a nuclear armed Iran is just no big deal. Now you can both dazzle us with your plans as to what to do next. Let see you keep Iran from getting a nuke for five years if it's sooooooo easy.

Now it's all on you. What Obama did was bad. You, Trump, and Bolton are on it, right?

So really? None of us are worried. Got the varsity on it. So we're all set.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Trinity wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:50 pm Vice-President Pence will deliver an address to the nation this week on the path forward with Iran.
Thank God; now we are certain to get the straight story from Mike and Mother.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Apparently multiple surface to surface missiles fired into US base in Iraqi. Early report.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:02 pm

Yeah. All that stupid JCPOA did was keep Iran from building a nuke for five Fing years.

You and Bolton thought a nuclear armed Iran is just no big deal. Now you can both dazzle us with your plans as to what to do next. Let see you keep Iran from getting a nuke for five years if it's sooooooo easy.
...an oldie bit a goodie.

...or get the Iraqis back to the negotiating table for a deal that actually works,
without funding the IRGC's terrorist campaign to takeover the ME.
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

This from a friend.

I didn't know that 28 other people died along with Soleimani in the Reaper strike.

That's a lot!

DocBarrister

Trump Lied About “Imminent Attack”

Post by DocBarrister »

It’s absolutely clear now that Trump and his idiotic, dishonest crew lied about there being an “imminent attack.”

Trump's Oval Office comments left out the idea of an imminent threat and echoed his arguments on a conservative radio show that the attack on Soleimani should have been carried out years ago, by either President Barack Obama or President George W. Bush, two men whose foreign policy Trump has repeatedly tried to undo.

... Since those first public announcements about the strike, officials have refused to provide evidence of an imminent attack and instead have argued that Soleimani's previous actions meant he would continue to act the same way and that eliminating him was part of a larger strategy.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/07/politics ... index.html

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

A U.S. official confirms to @ABC News that ballistic missiles have been fired from inside Iran at multiple U.S. military facilities inside Iraq.

Multiple news outlets reporting this.

This is an act of war by Iran in retaliation for an act of war by the United States against Iran.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Iran state TV reporting dozens of missiles fired from inside Iran to Al-Asad airbase in Iraq.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

President Obama left Trump an agreement with Iran, supported by five other major nations, with which Iran was in compliance.

Trump then reneged on the agreement, leading Iran to escalate terrorist and military activities all around the region.

Then Trump committed an act of war against Iran by assassinating Solamanei, purportedly to prevent an attack against U.S. forces.

The act of war unifies the Iranian people under their autocratic theocracy, drawing over a million people to Solamanei’s funeral procession.

Iraq is now in the process of kicking the U.S. out, essentially handing Iraq to Iranian domination.

Predictably, the killing of Solamanei has resulted in a direct act of war against U.S. troops.

Sen. Rand Paul just stated the obvious on MSNBC ... Trump’s “maximum pressure” strategy is a failure.

We’re at war with Iran.

To all of you idiotic Trump supporters: F*ck you.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:44 pm

Right. More war. That'll fix everything. It's worked SO well in this region, so let's try some more.

Bolton wants one, too. And you wonder why everyone says that Republicans get a boner from going to war......

We're already lost. We just have millions of Republican voters who are too stupid to get it.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

There are now preliminary reports of a second wave of Iranian missile attacks.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:44 pm

...or get the Iraqis back to the negotiating table for a deal that actually works,
without funding the IRGC's terrorist campaign to takeover the ME.
Yee haw! Game is on!!
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Folks gave Obama the benefit of the doubt regarding Benghazi.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:33 pm

Hah ! You may recall that I 1st guessed Obama on JCOPA (recall our discussion re. Sen Cotton's letter to the Ayotollah)

You wanna hear from Bolton, the JCPOA fig leaf has fallen away. They never intended to denuc.

They never intended to denuc.
They just played us for time & cash.

Wow! who would of thunk that? The Iranians pulled a classic sting on that bufoon Obama. Sadly the usual group of FLP toadstools on this forum still have not figured that one out yet. They are still blathering about the US paying back Iran the money we owed them. I guess all debts like this are payed back by C130 aircraft ladened with gold and cash landing in the dead of night on some nondescript airfield in the middle of Bumb F**k Iran
Your post is imbecilic. Iran was in compliance with the agreement, and that was based on direct inspections. The United States was not alone in this agreement. Russia, China, the EU, France, Germany, and the UK were all signatories to the agreement. In essence, five of the world’s most powerful nations and the world’s largest trading block stood behind this agreement ... and then the idiotic Trump blew it up.

Now we’re in a shooting war with Iran.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

“All is well!”

Post by DocBarrister »

“All is well!”

That is how the idiot, Donald Trump, began his first statement after Iran fired more than a dozen ballistic missiles at U.S. forces.

Does anyone really think our nation should suffer five more years of this?

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister

Return to “POLITICS”