All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

runrussellrun

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:29 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:21 pm Not for the workplace. No, I'm not for the workplace vaccine mandate. If that answers your question.
It doesn't. I'm not talking about private employers.....that's another conversation. I appreciate that you tried to answer, though. Thanks.

But I'm talking about State vaccine mandates that have been on the books for 40+ years.

What I asked was: are you ok with State governments forcing citizens to take vaccines? Polio, MMR, etc.?
If you ever coached youth sports, or work in state government education........more than you think are NOT vaccinated with the decades old....and proven....vaccines.

So.......is the key word on "citizens".....or does your buddies One THousand dollar a nite, stay, dishwashing "interns" make sure they are up to snuff with "forced" vaccines ?????????

dude.......where'd you pick that line of thought from? fecesbook "friends" ..

"well......everyONE is fine with FORCED mandates for ......"

for what? Trumps emergency vaccine approval........STILL the case for all but pfizer (everyone has immunity, anyway.......so there IS that )

Come back with some HARD evidence as to how many people of YOUR county have vaccine "waivers"........go ask the school folks.....sure they will tell you 8-) 8-)

What harm, will a covid survivor, and natural immunity, but no vaccine, will become of your parents if they come into contact with antibodies, like me ? (STILL.......unanswered... )
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:15 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:11 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:08 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:04 pm I’d do it for half the normal fee. My overhead is low
Fortress balance sheet as some may call it. He could weather it. Not forever but a year of not playing will just result in less money for his heirs.
Principal preservation and intergenerational wealth are the name of the game once you hit tangible $10mm net worth.

BTW, I like rice and beans.
Do you “now have steak to go with the beans and rice”….
I’m trying to kick it more like I did in my mid 20s when I was tight and disciplined. It was the business dinners at Lugers and related that got me into trouble once I had a few shekels in my pocket.

(I did have salmon, sautéed green beans and couscous for dinner tonight though…)
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:57 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:21 pm Not for the workplace. No, I'm not for the workplace vaccine mandate. If that answers your question.
It doesn't. I'm not talking about private employers.....that's another conversation. I appreciate that you tried to answer, though. Thanks.

But I'm talking about State vaccine mandates that have been on the books for 40+ years.

What I asked was: are you ok with State governments forcing citizens to take vaccines? Polio, MMR, etc.?
If you ever coached youth sports, or work in state government education........more than you think are NOT vaccinated with the decades old....and proven....vaccines.

So.......is the key word on "citizens".....or does your buddies One THousand dollar a nite, stay, dishwashing "interns" make sure they are up to snuff with "forced" vaccines ?????????

for what? Trumps emergency vaccine approval........STILL the case for all but pfizer (everyone has immunity, anyway.......so there IS that )

Come back with some HARD evidence as to how many people of YOUR county have vaccine "waivers"........go ask the school folks.....sure they will tell you 8-) 8-)

What harm, will a covid survivor, and natural immunity, but no vaccine, will become of your parents if they come into contact with antibodies, like me ? (STILL.......unanswered... )
I’m sorry but that is a-hole font to be using. Straight up.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:16 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:57 pm

I’m sorry but that is a-hole font to be using. Straight up.
agree.........now what>
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:15 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:04 pm I’d do it for half the normal fee. My overhead is low
Fortress balance sheet as some may call it. He could weather it. Not forever but a year of not playing will just result in less money for his heirs.
Principal preservation and intergenerational wealth are the name of the game once you hit tangible $10mm net worth.

I’m trying to kick it more like I did in my mid 20s when I was tight and disciplined. It was the business dinners at Lugers and related that got me into trouble once I had a few shekels in my pocket.

(I did have salmon, sautéed green beans and couscous for dinner tonight though…)
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:23 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:15 pm

He’s still proud of eating that govt cheese.

“Straight jackin will save you mad cream” quoteth Crunch
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:57 pm If you ever coached youth sports, or work in state government education........more than you think are NOT vaccinated with the decades old....and proven....vaccines.
....or if you can read. You can find that vaccination rates for K-12 vaccines are 90% nationwide for things like MMR.
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:57 pm So.......is the key word on "citizens".....or does your buddies One THousand dollar a nite, stay, dishwashing "interns" make sure they are up to snuff with "forced" vaccines ?????????
Their kids are, yep.
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:57 pm dude.......where'd you pick that line of thought from? fecesbook "friends" ..
Figured it out on my own. Know why? I have a kid, my man. And I had to follow Colorado law surrounding the use of license daycare as well as K-12.

What's YOUR excuse for forgetting that you yourself were vaccinated BY LAW to attend K-12?
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:57 pm Come back with some HARD evidence as to how many people of YOUR county have vaccine "waivers"........go ask the school folks.....sure they will tell you 8-) 8-)
Oooooh. That's REALLY hard to find.

Denver County's vaccination rate for MMR vaccine is a shade over 90%. Which means....what for the remaining ~10%?

https://cohealthviz.dphe.state.co.us/t/ ... share_link
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:57 pm What harm, will a covid survivor, and natural immunity, but no vaccine, will become of your parents if they come into contact with antibodies, like me ? (STILL.......unanswered... )
Already answered. You moved the goalposts from my daughter, who ruins your fake argument, over to my parents.

And my answer....again? I don't know, my man. I'm not a doctor or a virologist. Are you?

Do you play this game of "I read it on the internet" for all your health issues? Or just Covid?

Me? I listen to my doctor, and my daughters doctor. Just like every other American did before this stupid pandemic. Which is why we're at 90% vaccination rate for immunization shots that you and I don't understand at even a basic level. We just followed our doctors instructions. OH, and the law.

Just as you will do the next time you're in a hospital for a serious problem.....
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

for any that have the athletic:
https://theathletic.com/2885561/2021/10 ... eline-him/

it's not about him. it's about others. and probably justice. he's providing a voice they just don't have.
duke should be jesuit.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:15 pm .

What's YOUR excuse for forgetting that you yourself were vaccinated BY LAW to attend K-12?

Dude......I refused to get vaccines while I was in bootcamp .......

Denver County's vaccination rate for MMR vaccine is a shade over 90%. Which means....what for the remaining ~10%?

You have NEVER answered why I am a threat to anyone, let alone your parents. Oh well.......what you do.

Dude, what about OTHER vaccines, for your county ? Come on, man, TLD types want you to take EVERY vaccine ......what about small pox vaxxine for the kids? What about HPV, isn't THAT mandatory for school aged kids ? To get vaccinated for genetal herpes......because THEY tell you too.

So, no kidding, the stats for vaxx's are easy to find....until they aren't.

Guess you aren't concerned about your daughter becoming friends with one of those 10 percent kids that do NOT have the vaccinations like MMR and HPV. You asking AFAN? You asking your daughters potential play date if they have these vaccines? If not..........just hmmm..

Dude....you are KING of the net moving. KING.

100 kids in the South Park gym......10 of them don't have the basic vaccines. Cool......what IS to worry about.

Yet.....no problem.......those kids are FINE. :o :o
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:15 pm
Just as you will do the next time you're in a hospital for a serious problem.....
define "serious problem" ?

essential medical procedures sure were put on ice.........just depends on who defines what "serious " means.

Knee replacements really ramped up in 2020 :roll:

cancer too........oh well.....too many folks in the world....we get it . Time to move on.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Conservatives Want to Launch Their Own Anti-Vax Airlines
Meanwhile, other right-wing figures have more pressing concerns: namely, how to launch their own airlines for pilots and passengers who refuse to be vaccinated. Those anti-vax voices are responding to airlines’ new requirements that pilots and flight crew be vaccinated. “I love this idea of conservatives hitting a minor social roadblock and then trying to launch a billion-dollar enterprise to avoid it,” says Weill. “It’s like all the Thiel fellows who want to live out in the sea to avoid taxes. At a certain point you’re like, ‘OK man, just go.’” Will a squadron of conservative Twitter personalities earn their pilot licenses, buy planes, and give a new meaning to “airborne” virus? Or will their efforts end as dismally as previous libertarian plots to avoid taxes by building boat-based societies in the middle of the ocean?
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:05 am for any that have the athletic:
https://theathletic.com/2885561/2021/10 ... eline-him/

it's not about him. it's about others. and probably justice. he's providing a voice they just don't have.
duke should be jesuit.
You mean should be Sioux.
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

dislaxxic wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:16 am Conservatives Want to Launch Their Own Anti-Vax Airlines
Meanwhile, other right-wing figures have more pressing concerns: namely, how to launch their own airlines for pilots and passengers who refuse to be vaccinated. Those anti-vax voices are responding to airlines’ new requirements that pilots and flight crew be vaccinated. “I love this idea of conservatives hitting a minor social roadblock and then trying to launch a billion-dollar enterprise to avoid it,” says Weill. “It’s like all the Thiel fellows who want to live out in the sea to avoid taxes. At a certain point you’re like, ‘OK man, just go.’” Will a squadron of conservative Twitter personalities earn their pilot licenses, buy planes, and give a new meaning to “airborne” virus? Or will their efforts end as dismally as previous libertarian plots to avoid taxes by building boat-based societies in the middle of the ocean?
Martha's Vineyard Airport sure was busy with all them there private JETS, maskless (not required, even tho FAA rules still apply ??? :roll:

Ya know......for the right wing BDAY party with Pearl Jam at the Turkey Hill place, feet from the water.

Oh....what's that dislaxx.....your hero Bill Gates did NOT buy the worlds biggest PRIVATE aivation business to control,, yet another.....market ?

Keep up the hate.....the ONLY anti vax airline is on your side ? Go have lunch up on ACK airport too......maskless folks...except for the slaves serving the food.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/bill-gates ... 1612534767
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:12 am You have NEVER answered why I am a threat to anyone, let alone your parents. Oh well.......what you do.
That's because it's a stupid question...and you know the answer. You're looking for a fight, as usual.

The answer is: you can give someone Covid, my man. Just as someone can give it to you. Boy, that was REALLY hard to answer. And yep, even though I have been vaccinated? I can get Covid, and give it to you.
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:12 am Dude, what about OTHER vaccines, for your county ? Come on, man, TLD types want you to take EVERY vaccine ......what about small pox vaxxine for the kids? What about HPV, isn't THAT mandatory for school aged kids ? To get vaccinated for genetal herpes......because THEY tell you too.
Yep. I'll be giving my daughter every. single. vaccine her doctor recommends. Can you imagine? I should do what you do, and get my medical advice "from some guy on the internet". I must be insane to listen to someone with decades of training and experience. I should listen to you instead, right?
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:12 am So, no kidding, the stats for vaxx's are easy to find....until they aren't.
Right, I give you the actual numbers, and as usual, out comes the tin foil hat....and you've got the "real" vaccine statistics from "some guy on the internet". I love how no matter what, no one has the real story except for you. You're the only person in the whole world who knows the truth, and the rest of us are stupid.
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:12 am Guess you aren't concerned about your daughter becoming friends with one of those 10 percent kids that do NOT have the vaccinations like MMR and HPV. You asking AFAN? You asking your daughters potential play date if they have these vaccines? If not..........just hmmm..
See, this is where actually thinking comes in, RRR. You are unable to think about anyone but yourself. So to you, any measures anyone takes to prevent massive outbreaks of disease sound insane.

The reason we have mandatory vaccines is to prevent massive outbreaks on a macro scale. Get it? This isn't about you, my man. Or one single person. It's about protecting millions of people in America as best we can. Some will have reactions to shots. Some, like you, won't get them at all. So the MMR vaccine is about controlling massive outbreaks.....so yep, I'm sure my daughter will play with unvaccinated kids. Heck, she's playing with them right now when it comes to the Covid vaccine.

But the end goal is to keep as many people in America as we can from getting MMR or polio, or in this case....Covid. And for those of us who give a *hit about their fellow Americans? They understand why we're taking these measures. Those who don't get it, like you? You whine and complain and argue about doing anything at all. Everyone is stupid except you....we get it.
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:12 am Dude....you are KING of the net moving. KING.
Nope. You just can't maintain a constant thought for more than five minutes. You lose track of what we are talking about, and move on when you don't get whatever reaction you want. I just happen to be the only one here who is patient enough to put up with it. I answer your questions directly....and you ignore the answers you don't like, and tell me I never answered them.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Binghamton? Nothing good comes from there.
ggait

Post by ggait »

duke should be jesuit.
Who knows what Kyrie actually believes. But his reps are doing a great job of pre-textually using Covid to leverage the Nets in contract talks. Since Kyrie was due up for a long term extension negotiation about this time (Covid or no).

Bottom line, Kyrie is a contract hold out. But is able to use Covid to still get paid half his salary (about $15M).

The end game is to get the Nets to trade him or renegotiate.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ggait wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:39 pm
duke should be jesuit.
Who knows what Kyrie actually believes. But his reps are doing a great job of pre-textually using Covid to leverage the Nets in contract talks. Since Kyrie was due up for a long term extension negotiation about this time (Covid or no).

Bottom line, Kyrie is a contract hold out. But is able to use Covid to still get paid half his salary (about $15M).

i'm not sure he was due (has 2 years left), but durant had supposedly an identical contract including timing and length and just got extended 2 months ago for a bump to ~$50 mill, 4 years.

there's also the kyrie-wanted-out of cleveland in part because he was chasing clout of being "the guy" to win the ring. now it's a 3 headed deal in bklyn.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:52 pm
ggait wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:39 pm
duke should be jesuit.

i'm not sure he was due (has 2 years left), but durant had supposedly an identical contract including timing and length and just got extended 2 months ago for a bump to ~$50 mill, 4 years.

there's also the kyrie-wanted-out of cleveland in part because he was chasing clout of being "the guy" to win the ring. now it's a 3 headed deal in bklyn.
“Irving could get a four-year extension for $146 million in new money, replacing his $35 million option for 2022–23 with a $40.5 million paycheck in the first year of the new deal. A five-year re-signing of Irving as a free agent next summer would be worth $236 million.”

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/brooklyn-ne ... ving-8051/
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

My guess is that the Nets, Durant and Hardin have decided they can live without Kyrie and his BS. And are willing to pay him $15M to go away and stay away.

TBD if some other team will be willing to acquire and pay up for him to be the "guy" on their team.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.

Return to “POLITICS”