All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Farfromgeneva

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Farfromgeneva »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:01 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:00 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:43 pm if someone could just list how and when and who we should be agreeing with on mandates, that'd be great so everyone on here can keep up.
is it the july position that the feds won't be issuing mandates and didn't think they had the authority to anyway, the september ones for fed, or the local ones, state ones?

is there a support group to join?
Would you agree that Abbott banning private businesses from having a private mandate as part of their employment is problematic? If not why not.
yes.
Thanks
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:01 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:00 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:43 pm if someone could just list how and when and who we should be agreeing with on mandates, that'd be great so everyone on here can keep up.
is it the july position that the feds won't be issuing mandates and didn't think they had the authority to anyway, the september ones for fed, or the local ones, state ones?

Don’t matter. People don’t need the government to think for them. If a person wants to eat old meat, why not. Nothing wrong with food poisoning. It could be worse….like COVID-19.
What’s wrong with a bit of Mithradization here and a little hormesis there?
E. Coli is just a cleanser.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:02 pm

Don’t matter. People don’t need the government to think for them. If a person wants to eat old meat, why not. Nothing wrong with food poisoning. It could be worse….like COVID-19.
https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live ... ow/3506012
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:24 pm What's he getting at? You're not being obtuse at all, right? He's getting at VACCINATIONS. Sure, vaxxing is the topic of the day regarding COVID-19, but how can you be confused by the question AF is asking you? Somehow you're dodging the question about not objecting to the general population being "forced" to get vaccinated for other disease, but you're NOT OK with it being forced for a highly contagious, very deadly disease like COVID-19?? Why?

Some may draw a conclusion about why you won't answer the question...AF is TRYING to coax a position out of you to leave no doubt about it, you know, don't let someone else define your position, right? Did you want to just GUESS at why some see this avoidance and obfuscation as rank hypocrisy rooted in political numbnuttery? Show us how that's wrong...

They are lying about the lack of vaccinations.....the rate is much, much higher.

Pfizer ever get audited? YUP.....

If so many vaccines have been put out (margins....and call...)......where are they going? The trash?

Division.............I wear a mask.

Unless....I am at a MLB boreball game....than....nope.

Fauci strikes me as a bore ball nerd........wood rather go for a run..........
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Risks? Ummmllllllll OI
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

That was clear as mud...if you never had CV-19.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:03 pm

Get covid.......pass it around. Only survivors wanted. Trump covid survivors
ggait

Post by ggait »

Why can't your first thought be that's another hopefully extremely effective tool in our toolbox against this disease. WHY is everything "a substitute for vaccination" in your eyes. Your problem is with Pharma then, because they aren't going to stop making antivirals such as these, because people might rely on them instead of vaccination. Moronic..
Why can't your first thought be what can we do to get vaccines into the THIRTY FOUR PERCENT of Americans who still have not received at least one dose? Because even though things are coming down, projections are that we will still be ticking along at 1,000 deaths per day in the USA as we get into 2022. And because a vax is so much safer, cheaper and more effective than any treatment.

But once the kids can get vaxed, I will be more of the fork 'em mindset for anyone still refusing. At some point, stupid will get what stupid gets. Go ahead and drive without your seatbelt -- won't impact me directly.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:03 pm

Someone can make money off of Colon Blow…. It is FDA Approved…..E. Coli is the Ivermectin equivalent….

“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ggait wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:08 pm
Why can't your first thought be that's another hopefully extremely effective tool in our toolbox against this disease. WHY is everything "a substitute for vaccination" in your eyes. Your problem is with Pharma then, because they aren't going to stop making antivirals such as these, because people might rely on them instead of vaccination. Moronic..
Why can't your first thought be what can we do to get vaccines into the THIRTY FOUR PERCENT of Americans who still have not received at least one dose? Because even though things are coming down, projections are that we will still be ticking along at 1,000 deaths per day in the USA as we get into 2022. And because a vax is so much safer, cheaper and more effective than any treatment.

But once the kids can get vaxed, I will be more of the fork 'em mindset for anyone still refusing. At some point, stupid will get what stupid gets. Go ahead and drive without your seatbelt -- won't impact me directly.
to calm your nerves a bit, it's 20% of all adults. the majority of those under 18 haven't been approved yet.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:05 pm
That was clear as mud...if you never had CV-19.
No one ever got covid..........what a lie
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:24 pm What's he getting at? You're not being obtuse at all, right? He's getting at VACCINATIONS. Sure, vaxxing is the topic of the day regarding COVID-19, but how can you be confused by the question AF is asking you? Somehow you're dodging the question about not objecting to the general population being "forced" to get vaccinated for other disease, but you're NOT OK with it being forced for a highly contagious, very deadly disease like COVID-19?? Why?

Some may draw a conclusion about why you won't answer the question...AF is TRYING to coax a position out of you to leave no doubt about it, you know, don't let someone else define your position, right? Did you want to just GUESS at why some see this avoidance and obfuscation as rank hypocrisy rooted in political numbnuttery? Show us how that's wrong...

I understand and can see the reasoning behind some of these people objecting. Christ almighty, does that mean I don't object to the idea of vaccination in general? None of those other vaccination's came with such a politicization and fervor that have cause untold other issues. Were 19+ months into this, everybody knows that CV-19 is a highly contagious and the risk is greater to some than it is to others. That doesn't need to be said ad nauseum. It doesn't strengthen any point except for the part that you are leaving out. The vaccine is necessary because it greatly lessens the symptoms you might have IF you contract CV-19. It was never intended to PREVENT ONE FROM CONTRACTING CV-19. The politicization of this virus and horrible messaging from certain parts of the media have actually left people who don't critically think for themselves thinking that they physically cannot contract CV-19 after vaccination. That is an unintended consequence that has done great harm....

Joe
Last edited by JoeMauer89 on Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:22 pm

I understand and can see the reasoning behind some of these people objecting. Christ almighty, does that mean I don't object to the idea of vaccination in general? None of those other vaccination's came with such a politicization and fervor that have cause untold other issues. Were 19+ months into this, everybody knows that CV-19 is a highly contagious and the risk is greater to some than it is to others. That doesn't need to be said ad nauseum. It doesn't strengthen any point except for the part that you are leaving out. The vaccine is necessary because it greatly lessens the symptoms you might have IF you contract CV-19. It was never intended to PREVENT ONE FROM CONTRACTING CV-19. The politicization of this virus and horrible messaging from certain parts of the media have actually left people who don't critically think for themselves that physically cannot contract CV-19 after vaccination. That is an unintended consequence that has done great harm....

Joe
Vaccines also help with that variant thingy.
“I wish you would!”
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:24 pm

I understand and can see the reasoning behind some of these people objecting. Christ almighty, does that mean I don't object to the idea of vaccination in general? None of those other vaccination's came with such a politicization and fervor that have cause untold other issues. Were 19+ months into this, everybody knows that CV-19 is a highly contagious and the risk is greater to some than it is to others. That doesn't need to be said ad nauseum. It doesn't strengthen any point except for the part that you are leaving out. The vaccine is necessary because it greatly lessens the symptoms you might have IF you contract CV-19. It was never intended to PREVENT ONE FROM CONTRACTING CV-19. The politicization of this virus and horrible messaging from certain parts of the media have actually left people who don't critically think for themselves that physically cannot contract CV-19 after vaccination. That is an unintended consequence that has done great harm....

Joe
Actually, you know what? Delta has been so dominant that it has ACTUALLY been out-competing and effectively "killing off" most if not all of the variants that have attempted to take hold in the past few months. We have highly effective vaccines, monoclonal antibodies, people who contracted CV-19 (Delta variant) and recovered no worse for the wear( I know that the FLP group won't acknowledge these people truly exist, but they do in droves) and forthcoming antiviral solutions. ALL OF THIS is helping to combat Delta and keep it at bay.

Joe
Typical Lax Dad

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:28 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:24 pm

Joe
Actually, you know what? Delta has been so dominant that it has ACTUALLY been out-competing and effectively "killing off" most if not all of the variants that have attempted to take hold in the past few months. We have highly effective vaccines, monoclonal antibodies, people who contracted CV-19 (Delta variant) and recovered no worse for the wear( I know that the FLP group won't acknowledge these people truly exist, but they do in droves) and forthcoming antiviral solutions. ALL OF THIS is helping to combat Delta and keep it at bay.

Joe
Delta is the last variant thingy, Jo Jo? How many people have died in the past 4 months?

EDIT: Died from COVID-19….not a heart attack or car accident or Cancer.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:22 pm I understand and can see the reasoning behind some of these people objecting. Christ almighty, does that mean I don't object to the idea of vaccination in general? None of those other vaccination's came with such a politicization and fervor that have cause untold other issues.
Yes. It has NOTHING to do with real objections to the vaccine. These people don't REALLY fear that vaccine. It's why, for example, Allen West refused to take the "untested' vaccine----yet IMMEDIATELY took the "untested" monoclonal treatments that only have emergency FDA approval. So....his protests aren't real. They're political, and have NOTHING to do with any real objections to "untested" treatments.

And this is why so many of us are annoyed and angry. It'd be a big help if you'd stop pretending that you don't understand why Americans would be angry at grown adults pretending that their freedom is at stake with a silly vaccine....leading to tens of thousands of pointless deaths, and untold economic damage. It's an entirely rational response on our part, my man. Easily understood by a guy like you.

Btw, you STILL didn't answer my questions:
a fan wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:56 pm So you want free choice for this vaccine, and ONLY this vaccine. Do I have that right?

But you're fine with the government forcing citizens to take OTHER vaccines? Polio, MMR, etc.?

I just want to make sure I'm understanding your position here.
Are you for vaccine mandates, or not? Simple question.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

a fan wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:43 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:22 pm I understand and can see the reasoning behind some of these people objecting. Christ almighty, does that mean I don't object to the idea of vaccination in general? None of those other vaccination's came with such a politicization and fervor that have cause untold other issues.
Yes. It has NOTHING to do with real objections to the vaccine. These people don't REALLY fear that vaccine. It's why, for example, Allen West refused to take the "untested' vaccine----yet IMMEDIATELY took the "untested" monoclonal treatments that only have emergency FDA approval. So....his protests aren't real. They're political, and have NOTHING to do with any real objections to "untested" treatments.

And this is why so many of us are annoyed and angry. It'd be a big help if you'd stop pretending that you don't understand why Americans would be angry at grown adults pretending that their freedom is at stake with a silly vaccine....leading to tens of thousands of pointless deaths, and untold economic damage. It's an entirely rational response on our part, my man. Easily understood by a guy like you.

a fan wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:56 pm So you want free choice for this vaccine, and ONLY this vaccine. Do I have that right?

But you're fine with the government forcing citizens to take OTHER vaccines? Polio, MMR, etc.?

applause for your desire to get an answer from Joey. I doubt you'll ever get one because then he might actually have to defend his position for a change rather than just issuing another irrelevant rant.
He'd make a fine witness for the Inquisition, though. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nothing to see here, just move along :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

See ya later, Kyrie. Stay out of boats while you're away, though. We wouldn't want you falling off the edge of the earth.

https://sports.yahoo.com/brooklyn-nets- ... 34937.html
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kismet wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:47 pm

applause for your desire to get an answer from Joey. I doubt you'll ever get one because then he might actually have to defend his position for a change rather than just issuing another irrelevant rant.
He'd make a fine witness for the Inquisition, though. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nothing to see here, just move along :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Honestly I'm not for a mandate. I don't mind private sector or the gov't with respect to public sector employees setting their own standards and those that don't have to pay the price of consequences - it's not discrimination, that's moronic to suggest. But if you don't and you don't get paid, don't have access to certain things, etc. that's the price of the choice. These numbnuts want it both ways - risk transference, free rider bs.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Not for the workplace. No, I'm not for the workplace vaccine mandate. If that answers your question. There still is no EO from the Biden Administration. Likely a well played move on their part to scare/coerce large companies into mandating themselves.

Joe

Return to “POLITICS”