January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:53 am
LandM wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:16 pm Sea,
Here we go again - I will be upfront - I think you live in fear of your own shadow - but hey that is you. (No, that's not him, not accurate) Do you know what a donut is in a car or boat? DMac was a swift boat operator - google it - google swift boat operator - lots of donuts. I was in one a few times - hated it. My wife thinks it is funny when she does it. Apologizes that my writing is NOT up to snuff - YET YOUR tax dollars paid for it big boy - your tax dollars paid for ALL of my education - thank you!!!!! You should ask for a refund. :D :D :D

I think most of us understood that going around in circles make you feel ill, but it wasn't clear what relevance that had for anything being discussed.

MD:
1. Pickle ball - interesting game - golf not so much - we do sponsor a few holes every year in charity golf tourneys;

golf is new for me, "Covid recruit"; keeping my mother (who with my dad became avid golfers) out of harm's way, we've spent two winters in Florida and the range is 100 yds away, two beautiful courses, and son, who grew up playing golf, home from Shanghai for Covid so great opportunity to spend time together. Wife had the great idea to ask for golf lessons from my son for her birthday...he's a wonderfully patient coach, permeates everything he does.

But pickle ball has a moving ball...more up my alley...that little white ball sitting still is much more frustrating!

2. Good on you that you gave your employees off - I know no one else who did - good on you;
Just felt right for us...I wouldn't be surprised if some of the team put in a couple of hours anyway...we all kind of work around the clock, but take time to enjoy life as well.

You GUYS HAVE STILL NOT ANSWERED My questions.

[b]Actually, TLD did. He didn't flesh it out, but yeah, that's our system.
[/b]
BTW - up most respect for someone who gets pinged at 100 miles an hour. My comment on D3 was to TLD - stir the pot TLD - talking smack love it!!!!! Jawing baby!!!!! A reminder re TLD, not only did he play pretty darn good ball himself, and played with a ton of D1 players, his son was a terrific D1 lax player, 3X All-Ivy, plus AA, and certainly could have played high level soccer as well.
Yep. It’s our legal and government systems. But, again we are headed to Congo territory…..L and M seems to want that system here. Lock ‘em up!
“I wish you would!”
LandM

Post by LandM »

D3 hoops - I have been to the Congo - you? Keep naming continents - you shoot a ton of blanks but keep firing - instead of D3, I might start referring to you as blank man

MD - the analogy of the boat - let me try again - you and those that follow this are doing a "circle jerk" - you keep going around in circles - so one minute it is Trump, next Clinton, next Trump then Clinton and what winds up happening is you puke - the American people IMHO are tired of folks like you and others trying to tell them what to do - they are puking.

I so far have printed 210 pages of a lawsuit in GA, a lawyer I have never heard of and why a white guy like me is racists and we are like number 300 in the world of countries. I am getting on my stationary bike and going to read all of this - that is allot for a guy whose educational background comes from you all's paying tax dollars.

In the meantime I gotta listen to Schiff explain why he has any ounce of credibility - I will be back in a bit.
Typical Lax Dad

LandM wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:28 pm D3 hoops - I have been to the Congo - you? Keep naming continents - you shoot a ton of blanks but keep firing - instead of D3, I might start referring to you as blank man

MD - the analogy of the boat - let me try again - you and those that follow this are doing a "circle jerk" - you keep going around in circles - so one minute it is Trump, next Clinton, next Trump then Clinton and what winds up happening is you puke - the American people IMHO are tired of folks like you and others trying to tell them what to do - they are puking.

I so far have printed 210 pages of a lawsuit in GA, a lawyer I have never heard of and why a white guy like me is racists and we are like number 300 in the world of countries. I am getting on my stationary bike and going to read all of this - that is allot for a guy whose educational background comes from you all's paying tax dollars.

In the meantime I gotta listen to Schiff explain why he has any ounce of credibility - I will be back in a bit.
How credible are elections in da Congo?

https://www.wilsoncenter.org/blog-post/ ... e-dr-congo

“Our big fear is that the results of the elections will be proclaimed through the same process that’s being used now to designate the president of CENI. If institutions are instrumentalized and decisions are made through corruption, how can we have a credible election?”…..Rudy Giuliani was quoted.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

LandM wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:28 pm D3 hoops - I have been to the Congo - you? Keep naming continents - you shoot a ton of blanks but keep firing - instead of D3, I might start referring to you as blank man

ok, I get the boating analogy now, but I can tell you I'm not going from Clinton to Trump to Clinton to Trump...Clinton has been put to bed, far as I can tell by her Party and the voters...she speaks occasionally, but no one actually cares.

Trump and MAGA world, on the other hand, continues to dominate the GOP, and the MAGA cult is getting worse, not better.

I don't see the benefit of your exaggerations re being a racist nor the "300" dismissal of the fact that the US is surprisingly low among developed countries on a number of measures, I suspect we'd agree actually do matter. Why exaggerate?

Re Schiff, I realize he creates lots of ire for right wingers, but why would his "credibility" actually be at serious issue? Because he's a Dem?
Listen to all the Republicans who are saying this stuff matters, a lot. The conservative Judge is worth paying attention to...surely he has credibility, right?
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Don't listen to the speaker then; listen for the facts. Jesus Mary and Joseph, use the brain my tax dollars tried to educate.
LandM

Post by LandM »

Still reading - ruining a good stationary bike right now - lots of miles treading - no puking

thought I would check - I listen to Jesus, Mary and Joseph - I am a very practicing Catholic - daily Mass

Not sure which one in my Catholic faith of Jesus, Mary and Joseph - made sure I got the pleasure to have children, be called Grandpa - I am thankful - I am going with Jesus

Why did Sussman NOT get convicted - just tell me that I will give you my response back to the rest of the story - thank you
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

LandM wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:51 pm Still reading - ruining a good stationary bike right now - lots of miles treading - no puking

thought I would check - I listen to Jesus, Mary and Joseph - I am a very practicing Catholic - daily Mass

Not sure which one in my Catholic faith of Jesus, Mary and Joseph - made sure I got the pleasure to have children, be called Grandpa - I am thankful - I am going with Jesus

Why did Sussman NOT get convicted - just tell me that I will give you my response back to the rest of the story - thank you
Because the case was extremely weak - and there were alternate explanations for the answers he gave to the FBI. It never should have been brought to court. Basically it was missing the "beyond a reasonable doubt" by a country mile.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:01 pm
LandM wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:51 pm Still reading - ruining a good stationary bike right now - lots of miles treading - no puking

Because the case was extremely weak - and there were alternate explanations for the answers he gave to the FBI. It never should have been brought to court. Basically it was missing the "beyond a reasonable doubt" by a country mile.

A jury that had three Clinton donors, an AOC donor, and a woman whose daughter is on the same sports team with Sussmann’s daughter.

Totally impartial. :roll: :roll: :roll:
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Marcy Wheeler at the Emptywheel website has exhaustively chronicled the Sussman "trial". In a very dispassionate and factual manner.

It boils down to John Durham having an EXTREMELY weak case.

Avail yourself of information out there in the public domain...and NOT at the many CLEARLY right wing conspiracy websites. Yes, we ALL have to take care in the sources we read, but if you trust in the court system, you will quickly learn that Sussman was clearly "not guilty".

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
LandM

Post by LandM »

still pedaling
In your mind Red - is it ok for a jury person to say it is OK to lie to the FBI? It is ok to lie to a person of authority - those are not my words.

Sussman was never going to be convicted - I get that - my kid rows with your kid SMH - but unfortunately you will never win with the average Joe - you will not because the average Joe is going to say - "lawyer up" - you all miss the point
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

LandM wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:18 pm still pedaling
In your mind Red - is it ok for a jury person to say it is OK to lie to the FBI? It is ok to lie to a person of authority - those are not my words.

Sussman was never going to be convicted - I get that - my kid rows with your kid SMH - but unfortunately you will never win with the average Joe - you will not because the average Joe is going to say - "lawyer up" - you all miss the point
It is not clear that Sussman was lying. He did have clients, but that did not mean he was representing them in making the visit with the FBI. He also had evidence that he did not bill anyone for the time he used in the interview. But for the a lie (if he was lying) to be a crime here it had to be material to some sort of investigation that the FBI was working on. The prosecution did not really come close to that proof in the trial.

Now you are asking another question - is it OK to actually lie even if not criminal to a person in authority. Morally it may be wrong, but that is not the legal question here. Best practice is to decline to answer, as that is your right in dealing with the FBI.

Tucker Carlson lies all the time on his show. He has even said so with regard to legal proceedings. Is that morally right? I would not think so, but it happens all the time.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:48 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:19 am
Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:38 am Hearing resumes today at 1 PM EST on CBS News. https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/ja ... 022-06-21/
Same time the soap operas come on.. how appropriate.
Yeah..."As The Coup Plot Turns" :shock:

Like any soap opera, this one has no ending in sight. That does depend on what happens in November.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:53 pm

It is not clear that Sussman was lying. He did have clients, but that did not mean he was representing them in making the visit with the FBI. He also had evidence that he did not bill anyone for the time he used in the interview. But for the a lie (if he was lying) to be a crime here it had to be material to some sort of investigation that the FBI was working on. The prosecution did not really come close to that proof in the trial.

Now you are asking another question - is it OK to actually lie even if not criminal to a person in authority. Morally it may be wrong, but that is not the legal question here. Best practice is to decline to answer, as that is your right in dealing with the FBI.

Tucker Carlson lies all the time on his show. He has even said so with regard to legal proceedings. Is that morally right? I would not think so, but it happens all the time.
HRC perfected the ideal defence when being asked questions both under oath and not. I don't remember a damn thing sure worked for her. More people should follow her lead, it is a proven strategy.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

“ Best practice is to decline to answer, as that is your right in dealing with the FBI.”

Those sly founding fathers. The led with the “right” you shouldn’t claim (running your mouth), and buried the important one (the right to shut the fnck up).

I think people misconstrue the founder’s intent. A bunch of rich white men had escaped the Empire. What makes anyone assume (Mr. “Sunshine” Jefferson aside) that they had any intention of sharing their power and wealth with non-“white” (see Franklin’s comments on Germans) non-men?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Rusty Bowers (r) was great!

https://twitter.com/joexhunt/status/1539312327626874881

“We've got lots of theories, we just don't have the evidence.”

- Giuliani
Typical Lax Dad

CU88 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:25 pm Rusty Bowers (r) was great!

- Giuliani
https://qcostarica.com/10-pro-tips-to-h ... -dictator/

“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:12 pm

HRC perfected the ideal defence when being asked questions both under oath and not. I don't remember a damn thing sure worked for her. More people should follow her lead, it is a proven strategy.
And, as a fan points out "she was voted off the island" as a result.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:12 pm

“I wish you would!”
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:33 pm

- Giuliani

2016!

Those are great.
Typical Lax Dad

CU88 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:46 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:33 pm

- Giuliani

2016!

Those are great.
The best part: “great article by Tim Rogers, former editor of The Nicaragua Dispatch, The Nica Times and others and currently Fusion’s senior editor for Latin America.”….

Would have only been better had the guy edited The Congolese Post Dispatch!

Yep 2016…..these people know their dictators!
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”