Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Re: Racism in America- Week 4 of Unrest

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:13 pm Really think folks should check out the Chappelle bit. It’s raw and in front of a limited crowd at some outdoor venue who clearly were expecting more jokes.

One good point was an anecdote of a black former military service member turned cop who reported excessive force by his partner, was reprimanded himself led the force and shot four white cops. When they showed up it was “with like 400 of cops and they Swiss cheesed his a**.“ Why, because he killed some of them but then they don’t understand why they’re getting the reaction from black people from this stuff that’s going on, citing a few references. The hypocrisy he pointed out is stark.
why should i. he uses the N word. it's offensive. we should cancel him.

... or is it just art, and therefore exempt.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:25 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:13 pm Really think folks should check out the Chappelle bit. It’s raw and in front of a limited crowd at some outdoor venue who clearly were expecting more jokes.

One good point was an anecdote of a black former military service member turned cop who reported excessive force by his partner, was reprimanded himself led the force and shot four white cops. When they showed up it was “with like 400 of cops and they Swiss cheesed his a**.“ Why, because he killed some of them but then they don’t understand why they’re getting the reaction from black people from this stuff that’s going on, citing a few references. The hypocrisy he pointed out is stark.

Just head on down to the Dome or West 4th. You can use it.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Is that a legitimate question or just rhetorical to make some point? We could continue to not listen to Black people and excuse it because of language and persist in speaking for black people like some on here have. That doesn’t work for me but seems like it’s more than enough for some.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:43 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:24 am
‘This Saint did zero good in his life’.

Eat me last, please. It’s the entire Democratic Party ethos right now.

Proof?

Oh by the way, does this mean Republicans happily approve of Serra's genocides?

Proof that Democrats are praying their party eats them last?

Why did you tear down a statue of Ulysses Grant? What'd he do? I thought he was a 'winner'? What happened to yesterday's excuse that only losers got torn down?
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:38 pm Is that a legitimate question or just rhetorical to make some point? We could continue to not listen to Black people and excuse it because of language and persist in speaking for black people like some on here have. That doesn’t work for me but seems like it’s more than enough for some.
This is the guy that believes housing discrimination based on race is fine and calling someone a n$gger is fine because black people do it. He can practice both if he chooses. It’s up to him.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Ralph Northam gets a pass, I guess Dave should too.

(all Northam had to say was, 'hey my bad sorry about the KKK hood and blackface!' - not one Fanlax Dem seems to mind at that stage, which is kinda weird, no? :lol: )
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:42 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:38 pm Is that a legitimate question or just rhetorical to make some point? We could continue to not listen to Black people and excuse it because of language and persist in speaking for black people like some on here have. That doesn’t work for me but seems like it’s more than enough for some.
This is the guy that believes housing discrimination based on race is fine and calling someone a n$gger is fine because black people do it. He can practice both if he chooses. It’s up to him.
Ahh, when do we get the Donald Sterling statue? Great american basketball owner!

I will admit that occasionally I have music on while showering and might’ve rapped w Tupac and the Outlawz to Hit Em Up once or thirty times. Probably shouldn’t but damn it’s the second best diss track ever (No Vaseline being the greatest).
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:44 pm

(all Northam had to say was, 'hey my bad sorry about the KKK hood and blackface!' - not one Fanlax Dem seems to mind at that stage, which is kinda weird, no? :lol: )
Ralph Northam being an older white gentleman. Wonder if I could even distinguish the two in a lineup.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

The straw man is perfection, empathy is the expectation.

Another good one, podcast by Bill Simmons with a rep from SC named Bakari Sellers (part, the rest is with Bill Burr on this new comedy movie).

https://www.theringer.com/the-bill-simm ... -bill-burr
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:53 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:44 pm

Ralph Northam being an older white gentleman. Wonder if I could even distinguish the two in a lineup.

You’d think that might make the demand for Ralph to quit even louder. But alas, he’s a Democrat. Nothing to see here, just a guy in a hood then blackface. Eat me last!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Again, perfection is a straw man. Empathy is the expectation. Something in christianity about casting the first stone or among those lines makes any expectation of such unrealistic as a end goal it’s just what should be strived for.

I didn’t pay much attention, the guy needed to account for his past actions but the consequences should be proportionate. Like not executing a guy for: having a legal pocket knife (Baltimore), selling loosies on the street (NYC), jogging and being black (S Ga), wearing a hoodie (FL), buying a BB gun (OH), whatever Floyd was in trouble for (Mn), drunk driving and resisting arrest (GA) and on and on and on.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:08 pm Biden’s real record on race:

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2018/04/ ... defensible
TJ (slaveholder and possible rapist): people smell and are bad at poetry; i shall enslave them

JB (presumptive DNC nominee): not my problem; too long ago

TJ: i'm sorry; i'll further my own interests by creating a hypocritical government charter that maybe in 100 years will outlaw bondage and maybe in 200 years outlaw discrimination and maybe in 250 years something else will happen

SJW: we're good, that works for us
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Why include “possible rapist”? What is the probative value of that?
ChairmanOfTheBoard

what's the difference. he's sorry. and did some other goods, maybe.

(also do we think MeToo wouldve considered hemings to have properly consented)
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:01 am
wgdsr wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:19 am looks like de blasio's wife will handle it in nyc.
https://nypost.com/2020/06/19/chirlane- ... n-statues/
that should go well after her last crack at it for women of the city.
I must be missing something...what was her prior commission's result?
Dumped a memorial to a doctor who did his research operating on slaves without anesthesia??? ohh the horror. :roll:

Is this really not something which deserves clarity?
Hopefully, they will articulate the rationale for keeping memorials to people like Washington and Jefferson, while making clear which statues, memorials, names etc should be changed...and why.

This deserves clear articulation, based on a thorough approach and rationale, not mob blindness and rage.

Not a fan of the nepotism though.
Maybe we need a truth & reconciliation commission for statuary.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:41 pm what's the difference. he's sorry. and did some other goods, maybe.

Must be some reason you felt compelled to add it in. What were you thinking the value of including it is? In your words.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:42 amWhy would I ask them? The ‘statue topplers’ aren’t black for the most part. Mostly They’re wheasling white boys like some posters here.
A big white circled (A) painted on the toppled Grant statue in SF.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:54 pm
ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:41 pm what's the difference. he's sorry. and did some other goods, maybe.

Must be some reason you felt compelled to add it in. What were you thinking the value of including it is? In your words.
he's a bad guy. no?

a white male, privileged, insider, slaveowner. wrote the rules and then didnt follow them.
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:50 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:42 pm
Ahh, when do we get the Donald Sterling statue? Great american basketball owner!

I will admit that occasionally I have music on while showering and might’ve rapped w Tupac and the Outlawz to Hit Em Up once or thirty times. Probably shouldn’t but damn it’s the second best diss track ever (No Vaseline being the greatest).
Ether
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”