All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
63%
1 person.
15%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 68

foreverlax

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by foreverlax »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:04 am
foreverlax wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:59 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:54 am
foreverlax wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:51 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:36 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:24 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:22 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:20 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:17 am
a fan wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:13 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:33 pm I’m more fascinated by the Left’s embrace of totalitarianism vis suppression of speech and information. Sorry but that intrigues me!
Another word you don't understand. Totalitarianism means the State does the suppression, not, you know, experts in a field mocking some dumb*ss on the internet.

When someone who knows zippo about infections diseases blathers nonsense....and an expert in infectious diseases tells him to shut up, you're making the situation worse, because people like Pete Brown believe they guy's nonsense "deserves consideration".....you think this this is totalitarianism?

Wanna hear my lecture on aerodynamics? I haven't read a single book on it. Should I give a lecture, and wait for Boeing's designers to spend a few hours mulling over my "ideas" on the subject? And if the Boeing engineers tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, shut up.....should I cry and call them totalitarians?

Where do you come up with this stuff?
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:33 pm Tell me when the Right accosts a press secretary at a restaurant or a majority leader in his driveway, or a google engineer who says something positive about the left, or shoots up a group of Democrats at a softball game. I’ll wait!
Oh right. Because the American right would never go in and, I don't know, mow down black parishioners in a church because they have nothing better to do?

What world are you living in where you have concluded the left is the source of all evil in the world, and the right are shiny knights that save the pwetty princesses? Is it true that only registered Democrats are in prison? And Democrats are mean to animals for no reason?

Inquiring minds want to know. You really seem to have the world figured out.

You either stand for freedom of speech, a fan, or you don't. It's quite simple.

You're hiding, as all leftists do, behind the 'private companies aren't the government' phony shell.

Either for it, or you're not. We all know the Left would crater free speech if given half the chance. And most here on this board who parrot left talking points would be perfectly fine were that to come to pass (until they take your speech, which they will).

:roll:
You are “pro” hate speech.

There it is!

Hey TLD, if I embrace 'hate speech' (please lay out the case, btw), does that mean you would take away my speech if given the authority? We can't abide hate speech, as you know!
I just stated that you are pro hate speech. It doesn’t bother me.

I'm curious which hate speech I am "pro"? Was linking a data nerd's Medium post 'pro-hate speech'?

I'm curious, as the Left has a constant daily battle to assign terms like hate speech every day about anything not to their liking. I thought the UVA rape was phony day 1 (since, I dunno, ten UVA fraternity bro's raping a UVA girl on a table full of shards of glass inside the fraternity, seemed, ummm, preposterous!)...was that hate speech on my part, to question the Left's insanity? I have this sneaking suspicion you yourself bought the UVA story hook/line/sinker and roasted the boys online without examining even an iota of data, but please set the record straight if I'm wrong. I can always be wrong.

I'd just like some clarity where my posts are pro-hate speech! Thanks!
You come here daily and hate on the left...sad to see you so wigged out.

What do you and the gang do every day to 6ft and other R's here? Is that not hate? Or is it only hate when the tables are turned?
Try and stay focused - I am talking about you. You can't post without crying about something wrong with the left.

Yes, and all you do is cry about the Right. Every post. Trump is drumpf; Trump caused a couple to drink fish parasite medicine; Republicans are racists; speech is hate. Don't link that guy's post! :lol:

I'm just returning fire a bit. You're quick to take offense. Naturally.

:lol:
Now you are just making stuff up, again. For a "gray" guy, you sure spot a lot of "black and white"...."Every post" is a prime example.

Take offense? You admitted you don't believe half the crap you write and you don't care if anyone reads what you write....take offense, not in the least.

More like calling out your consistent inconsistency.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

In Sydney researchers are developing a blood test that identifies COVID19 antibodies in the blood.This has major implications in the public health tracking of the virus by identifying who was previously infected.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coron ... 364acccd0e
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:14 am An Arizona woman who was left in critical condition and whose husband died after they took chloroquine phosphate said, “Don’t believe anything that the president says.”

Yahoo News Feed

Lesson learned the hard way.
I expressly remember the president telling people to drink poison. Yep
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

But you didn’t! Excellent decision.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:17 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:14 am An Arizona woman who was left in critical condition and whose husband died after they took chloroquine phosphate said, “Don’t believe anything that the president says.”

Yahoo News Feed

Careful 6ft, hate speech flag! :lol:

(takeaway from this event above is news reporters need to be issued copies of On the Origin of Species, and pump the brakes with the TDS).
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trinity wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:15 am In Sydney researchers are developing a blood test that identifies COVID19 antibodies in the blood.This has major implications in the public health tracking of the virus by identifying who was previously infected.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coron ... 364acccd0e
This will be a big help after the first wave passes. Healthcare providers and governors need to plan on testing everyone for antibodies and the active disease as soon as they can. Can't imagine this can be done however until July time frame. Probably can't test everyone, but at least do random sample - big sample - for antibodies.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

With fitness centers closed I’ve had some friends report that exercise equipment like free weights, stationary cycles, treadmills are sold out at sporting goods stores. A friend tried to buy a stationary cycle online at Costco and they too were out of stock.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:13 am

Yeah, nothing scares the people more than a gang of Republican families attending a Fourth of July parade! :lol:

Back to freedom of speech.

You either stand for free speech or you don’t. You either stand for the First Amendment or you don’t. You either believe that every citizen has the right to speak freely (with the exception of direct, credible threats), or you want the government to be able to have the power to decide which opinions are or are not acceptable. Which opinions are or are not imprisonable.

Which party do you think wants to control speech and which one doesn't? You haven't been paying attention if you answer incorrectly.

Nice evasion of the examples I listed. Good try but totally unconvincing as nobody suppresses free speech or attempts to impose their twisted views on all else like the delusional right wing does.

Who wants to control free speech? Well, it is no secret that your Republican heroes ended the fairness doctrine, engage in censorship on college campuses such as "Liberty", BYU, Hillsdale, and Regent, controls the air waves in AM/FM radio, and spews the most worthless garbage online through sources such as Fox and Breitbart. Your right wing heroes in Congress refuse to allow a black representative to wear a hoodie on the grounds that it does not meet its protocols but it has no problem with a white rightie wear a gas mask to mock victims of a deadly disease. Remember our old LP website which was controlled by right wing mods? Whenever a patriot tried to post anything it was deleted. But right wing garbage was always allowed. Compare that with the open mindedness we see on this forum. Bottom line, in answer to your query, nobody suppresses free speech more than does the right wing. The record could not be more clear.

"Imprisonable"? Your hero traitor Bush who is so beloved as a liberator and purveyor of all that is good and pristine in the world spewed the foulest and most treasonous lies when he pretended there were WMD and an impending attack. Because of his lies tens of thousands of innocent Middle Easterners are dead, an entire nation is in ruins, and chaos abounds in that region. Yeah, he sure did a lot of "good" for those people's free speech didn't he? His pals in Blackwater commit a series of atrocities such as Nisour Square and your hero attempts to have them shielded from prosecution rather than to insure justice for the victims. But there is more:

"The reality is that, on U.S. soil, he {Bush} perpetrated a wide array of radical abuses aimed at Muslims in the wake of 9/11. In the weeks after the attack, more than 1,000 Muslims and Arabs were swept up by the FBI and detained without charge, often by abusing the powers allowing for detention of “material witnesses.” Thousands of Muslim immigrants were deported from the U.S. in the months following the attack. Bush quickly and secretly implemented an illegal scheme of warrantless domestic eavesdropping aimed largely at Muslims ... Indeed, the Bush administration pioneered a radical new theory of executive power that literally vested the president with unlimited authority to do virtually anything in the name of national security, including breaking the law, and those theories were used largely to infringe the civil liberties of Muslims within the U.S."

https://theintercept.com/2015/11/30/let ... n-the-u-s/

Hooray for free speech and civil liberties under Bush. Now read the Downing Street Memo:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downing_Street_memo

Gerrymandering, voter suppression, packing the courts with right wing judges who have a political agenda, Tea Bagging rallies spewing hate and treason, McConnell stifling much needed legislation - all examples of your right wing heroes screwing the works and setting the USA backwards. To say that it is any other side that has succeeded in suppressing free speech or other liberties is utter delusionalism.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

read yesterday that nicholas taleb is "hoarding" weights.

https://twitter.com/nntaleb/status/1242097248953085959
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trinity wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:20 am But you didn’t! Excellent decision.
Can't put anything past 6ft. That Hopkins education paid off. I'm guessing the two Arizona residents weren't college graduates. Probably just nice people, not some f**king "libruls". ;)
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:22 am

Yahoo News Feed

(takeaway from this event above is news reporters need to be issued copies of On the Origin of Species, and pump the brakes with the TDS).
Said in English - some Trump supporters actually believe what he says.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:22 am

Yahoo News Feed

Said in English - some Trump supporters actually believe what he says.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:07 am
Bart wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:00 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:46 am
Bart wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:23 am
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:56 am
Brooklyn wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:25 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:10 pm
Trinity wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:20 pm Steve Hilton said the cure was worse than the disease on Fox Weekend nonsense, Continuing the irresponsible behavior by the Murdoch network. Trump tweeted it. All caps. Perhaps as bad a decision as invading Iraq in 2003.

The left has 100 national networks, newspapers, and cable stations to watch/read, but all they ever do is comment on Fox broadcasts. :lol:

LOL! The delusional right wing has AM radio and increasingly has controlled PM radio as well. It also has many right wing online news sources which spew their usual delusionalism on a daily basis such as Breitbart, CNS News, American "Thinker", Daily Caller. NY Post, Washington Times, WSJ, Dallas Morning News, etc ~ lots of wrong ... err, right wing newspapers around to spew their daily garbage. All well financed with corporate dollars but they don't write one cent of truth.

Breitbart = NBC. :lol:

And no, not the fearsome AM radio!!!! How will the Left ever compete against that!!! AM Radio! :lol:

Anyway. back on planet earth, our firefighting non-partisan (we swear!) media is all over the story of an Arizona couple who drank Trump's touted cure drug and died. Blaming, drum roll please cause this surely will shock the conscience, Trump! lol. When I down a gallon of bleach later today (Cuomo said it killed 99.99% of all germs!), will Brooklyn be out there slaying Andy on the internet for giving me tips on how to stop spreading germs?!

:lol:
A reporter asked the wife of the man who died while she was in the hospital where she got the idea from. Any idea what she said?

Yeah, totally Trump's fault! I want to read 1,000 posts about this here today.

Oh, your TDS prevents you from the larger story, which is that these two people aren't MENSA candidates. They drank chloroquine phosphate. The toxic ingredient they consumed was not the medication form of chloroquine, used to treat malaria in humans. Instead, it was an ingredient listed on a parasite treatment for fish.

But hey, Orange Man Bad!!!
You brought it up. I asked a simple question. You did not answer the question. I have TDS? Give me a F'n break.

The larger story is not that these two were not mensa candidates. The larger story is that you can not put ideas out there to a fearful public and not have them look at ways to take that information and apply it to themselves. That is the story.

I don't care who it is, ANDY, POTUS, Inglesbe or any of our "Leaders". AT this moment they need to be very careful about what they put out there as fact. People in general are fearful and they will grasp at anything...even taking chloroquine phosphate. Why? Because most do not know the difference. Is it the presidents fault that they took the chq-po4? Nope. But out elected officials need to be very careful about the information that is being put out there.

This is an honest question: Would these two individuals have taken Chloroquine Phosphate if the POTUS did not say it was a game changer? Would they have even thought of it?

It's irrelevant.

Here's a safe bet: if not for chloroquine phosphate (reminder: fish parasite medicine), the next likeliest culprit for these two lives would have been swallowing a poisonous scorpion on a dare. Or thinking they could fly with cardboard wings off the Grand Canyon. Or putting a black mamba down their shorts to show their friends on an Instagram post.

Don't think past the obvious.
The obvious is that what these people did was in direct response to what a leader said. Never said it was smart or well thought out or anything like that.

You think the story is that these two people are idiots who would have ended up doing something to kill themselves anyhow, end of story. I think the story is that our leaders, ALL OF THEM, need to be careful about what they say regarding the treatment and diagnosis of this virus. Scared people do irrational things.

We will have to agree to disagree.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Even the right wingers agree with this gem.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Have heard Trump is not doing a presser today. He is prerecording something at Faux News in its place.

Can't imagine why.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Bart wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:00 amThis is an honest question: Would these two individuals have taken Chloroquine Phosphate if the POTUS did not say it was a game changer? Would they have even thought of it?
Frightened, clueless people...it's unfortunate.

The problem is what the MSM and rabid partisans on this board do with a story like this, linking it directly to and mischaracterizing Trump's attempt at optimism. This constant effort to exploit and aggrandize any and all perceived opportunities, IMO, is a far greater problem as compared to anything Trump has said.

Do I think Trump could do a better job of communicating, absolutely!, but I do understand the sentiment under dire circumstances.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

tech37 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:51 am
Bart wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:00 amThis is an honest question: Would these two individuals have taken Chloroquine Phosphate if the POTUS did not say it was a game changer? Would they have even thought of it?

The problem is what the MSM and rabid partisans on this board do with a story like this, linking it directly to and mischaracterizing Trump's attempt at optimism. This constant effort to exploit and aggrandize any and all perceived opportunities, IMO, is a far greater problem as compared to anything Trump has said.

Do I think Trump could do a better job of communicating, absolutely!, but I do understand the sentiment under dire circumstances.
Jeebus

He never used the words chloroquine phosphate. Never.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Leave it to the medical professionals to make recommendations, not a guy that builds schlocky real estate projects.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:59 am

Leave it to the medical professionals to make recommendations, not a guy that builds schlocky real estate projects.
:roll: Perfect TLD. Feel better now?...does your response have the dopamine flowing?...and I do mean dope.
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Yahoo News Feed

They drank fish tank cleaner. Trump did not say to drink this. This is why the media is called Fake News and The Enemy of the People. You’re spreading lies. Typical democrat
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy

Return to “POLITICS”