Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: The Mueller Investigation

Post by youthathletics »

You didn’t answer the question. Are you snacking on limburger? :lol:

Is your new tactic laughy faces and breaking quoted conversation when you are trolling? We are on to you. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

:lol:
youthathletics wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:05 pm You didn’t answer the question. Are you snacking on limburger? :lol:

Is your new tactic laughy faces and breaking quoted conversation when you are trolling? We are on to you. ;)
I thought I said I didn’t know who authorized the payment? I only know what was reported. You know more than that? :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:31 pm The IG didn’t find the transfer to be unlawful. Seemed like a good deal for us given the time value of money. Iran may have argued for an equity like return. I don’t know who “authorized” it. Maybe Obamer should have designated it a “national emergency”.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/obama ... prisoners/
Didn't answer a very simple question. What controlling legal authority did BHO use to transfer 1.5 billion in cash from the US treasury? It really is a very simple question to answer. All it took was a pen and a phone. Nobody said jack squat about it. Oh wait I forgot... it was really the Iranians money... just giving it back to them to pay ransom. :?
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:15 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:31 pm The IG didn’t find the transfer to be unlawful. Seemed like a good deal for us given the time value of money. Iran may have argued for an equity like return. I don’t know who “authorized” it. Maybe Obamer should have designated it a “national emergency”.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Didn't answer a very simple question. What controlling legal authority did BHO use to transfer 1.5 billion in cash from the US treasury? It really is a very simple question to answer. All it took was a pen and a phone. Nobody said jack squat about it. Oh wait I forgot... it was really the Iranians money... just giving it back to them to pay ransom. :?
I thought I said I didn’t know. You can let me know what law or statute was broken. I wasn’t following the issue as closely as you may have been. I am always willing to learn something. I don’t know everything or have an answer for everything.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Trinity wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:05 pm Did the Obama people lie about it?
Nobody's asked 'em, ...yet.
old salt

Post by old salt »

It already was a "national emergency", which Obama ignored.
In 1979 Pres Carter designated Iran a "national emergency".
That EO is still in effect, having been renewed several times.

That's some moldy cheese. Death to America !
a fan

Post by a fan »

Anyone notice that Iran still doesn't have nukes?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

:oops: n
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:23 pm

I thought I said I didn’t know. You can let me know what law or statute was broken. I wasn’t following the issue as closely as you may have been. I am always willing to learn something. I don’t know everything or have an answer for everything.
Thank you for the reply. Given the kerflufle about Trump and his money for the wall the question IMO becomes even more relevant. I still don't understand under what authority BHO used to transfer the funds. My understanding of how our government spends money is that they control the purse strings. There is a disturbing lack of transparency here. Apparently a sitting POTUS can spend the money without the approval of any controlling legal authority in the US government. Very interesting... unless Trump tries to do it.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:49 pm Anyone notice that Iran still doesn't have nukes?
Bit they have the infrastructure to do so pretty quickly. We would not know what there real capacity to produce nukes is because even whatever this thing was that was never signed by Iran does not allow inspection of most facilities that Iran deems of a military nature. :roll:
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Right. But they still don't have nukes. US intel said they were "months" away from having them the year the Obama & Co. deal was signed.

That's a pretty fine scoreboard for such a supposedly "lousy" deal that was signed almost 4 years ago.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:49 pm :oops: n
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:23 pm

Thank you for the reply. Given the kerflufle about Trump and his money for the wall the question IMO becomes even more relevant. I still don't understand under what authority BHO used to transfer the funds. My understanding of how our government spends money is that they control the purse strings. There is a disturbing lack of transparency here. Apparently a sitting POTUS can spend the money without the approval of any controlling legal authority in the US government. Very interesting... unless Trump tries to do it.
There are numerous articles which laid out exactly how we gave Iran their money back with interest. You can choose to read them and believe the articles are truthful or not. I don’t know “who authorized” the payments. Seems like the Inspector General looked into it.
“I wish you would!”
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Here is one of the many, many articles about the legality of the payments or return of money to Iran. The problem is you have to read with the possibility that this won't fit neatly into your "Oh, the world is so mean to self-sufficient me" narrative:

http://www.journalgazette.net/news/fact ... -by-us-law
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

General Joseph Votel is publicly wondering about Trump, too. When do we get a real Sec Def?
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:01 pm Right. But they still don't have nukes. US intel said they were "months" away from having them the year the Obama & Co. deal was signed.

That's a pretty fine scoreboard for such a supposedly "lousy" deal that was signed almost 4 years ago.
Nothing was ever signed a Fan... not by the Iranian government. You can make all the business deals you want to sell your product. I am guessing a firm hug and a handshake does not do anything for you like a customer signing on the dotted line. Maybe I can ask you this question, nobody else here seems to have an answer. Under what legal authority did President Obama use to transfer 1.5 billion in cash from the US treasury sent via airplane by midnight express to the government of Iran. The excuse given here by most folks is that it was the Iranians money to begin with. Well lets roll with that, does this give the POTUS the authority to release this money to any country without the approval of the US Congress and a notification of everybody about what is to be accomplished by this transfer of money? :?

Since so many folks here are bent out of shape about the money Trump wants to spend on the wall, for right or wrong, at least the money he wants to spend is there for everybody to see. We are having a debate here about where and how a POTUS can spend money on an issue he/she deems of national importance. So tell me a Fan... why is everybody giving BHO a pass on this one? He accomplished the same damn thing that Trump is trying to do. One small exception... Obama didn't tell anybody about it and tried to get away with it with anybody ever finding out. :oops:
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:54 pm Here is one of the many, many articles about the legality of the payments or return of money to Iran. The problem is you have to read with the possibility that this won't fit neatly into your "Oh, the world is so mean to self-sufficient me" narrative:

http://www.journalgazette.net/news/fact ... -by-us-law
Didn't even have to read your link. Same question you keep tap dancing around but refuse to answer. Under what legal authority did President Barack Obama clandestinely transfer 1.5 billion dollars in cash to the government of Iran? The money came from the United States Treasury. The POTUS does not have the authority to spend that money without it being authorized by someone other than himself. The most troubling thing here coaster that you conveniently skip past, is that without these planes being caught and photographed on the ground in Iran NOBODY WOULD HAVE EVER KNOWN ABOUT IT would they now. Even more sad with all of the outrage you put forth here everyday... you don't give a chit about this little bit of malfeasance by the US government. No problem at all, you will look under every rock you can find to justify it. What is that old saying we all know so well... there is no right way to do a wrong thing. If you are a POTUS with the correct political affiliation all is forgiven, no question are asked so no explanation outside of the absurd is even necessary. :roll:
Bob Ross:
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Cradle's Far Right Fringe Tighty Whitey's are showing right now, in all their starched glory, with a few skid marks thrown in for good measure. Cackle about how your parents were "True Blue Democrats" all you want, you have completely and totally swung to the far end of the political spectrum at this point, Hulk Boy. Not that there's anything wrong with that...you're entitled to your opinions. After these most recent screeds, there is nothing you can say...not a thing...that would dissuade ANYone of this truism...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

"Didn't even have to read your link."

The article answers the questions you ask -- but you have to read. You can't just grumble and complain and hold yourself out as Mr. Self-Reliance Who Never Got a Hand Out.
Typical Lax Dad

seacoaster wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:58 pm "Didn't even have to read your link."

The article answers the questions you ask -- but you have to read. You can't just grumble and complain and hold yourself out as Mr. Self-Reliance Who Never Got a Hand Out.
Sums it all up.
“I wish you would!”
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:47 pm
seacoaster wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:58 pm "Didn't even have to read your link."

Sums it all up.
Hilarious!!
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:55 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:01 pm Right. But they still don't have nukes. US intel said they were "months" away from having them the year the Obama & Co. deal was signed.

Nothing was ever signed a Fan... not by the Iranian government. You can make all the business deals you want to sell your product. I am guessing a firm hug and a handshake does not do anything for you like a customer signing on the dotted line. Maybe I can ask you this question, nobody else here seems to have an answer.
Don't care about any of this. All I care about----and all any of us should care about----is does Iran have the bomb, or not. Everything else is white noise.

So I'm fine with Trump pulling out of the agreement, so long as that means they still don't have a stupid bomb.

Remember the context that everyone ignores because it suits the FoxNation schtick that "everything Obama does is wrong": US Intel told us that Iran was months, as in: less than a year, from having a bomb.

So Obama and some of our European allies did what they thought was best to stop it from happening.

We're coming up on the four year anniversary of that deal. Scoreboard. It worked. It's still working because the Europeans who signed on for the deal are still holding up their end.

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:55 pm Under what legal authority did President Obama use to transfer 1.5 billion in cash from the US treasury sent via airplane by midnight express to the government of Iran. The excuse given here by most folks is that it was the Iranians money to begin with.
It's not an excuse. It was frozen assets from the sanctions.
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:55 pm Since so many folks here are bent out of shape about the money Trump wants to spend on the wall, for right or wrong, at least the money he wants to spend is there for everybody to see. We are having a debate here about where and how a POTUS can spend money on an issue he/she deems of national importance. So tell me a Fan... why is everybody giving BHO a pass on this one?
Because Iran still doesn't have the bomb. As far as I'm concerned (and Israel, if I had to guess), that's quite a financial bargain: give the Iranians the money we took from them back, and they won't build a bomb.

Now weigh that against a wall that, "whoops, gee whiz, I can't believe it"-----the Republicans plum "forgot" to fund in 2017 or 2018.

It wasn't an emergency in 2017 or 2018, right? But it is now that the Dems have been in office for one whole month. Wow. That's a serious emergency alright. Boy. Good thing we're rushing it.

Return to “POLITICS”