January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Seacoaster(1)

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:36 pm
LandM wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:27 pm Champ - when you play D3 ball - you get a D3 response.........keep trying
Keep chirping and one day you will succeed!
who are you talking to?
"Hearing voices" is plainly one of the responses. His appearance has been a real adventure in stream of consciousness and really bad writing. No donuts for the boat!!
ggait

Post by ggait »

GGait, I would really appreciate dissecting what you posted and the variables that went into that graph. I think there are other variables that may play a part then just the top line. A chart without info - not sure about that.
Land M -- I've been on here for over 10 years. Everyone on here knows that I do not BS at all and that I can and do back up everything I say on here.

That data is from the U.N. survey I cited to in my post. So just go look it up.

Study that and any other studies measuring QOL around the world. USA is normally outside the top 10.

Let us know what you find.

https://hdr.undp.org/content/human-deve ... eport-2020
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
LandM

Post by LandM »

Sea,
Here we go again - I will be upfront - I think you live in fear of your own shadow - but hey that is you. Do you know what a donut is in a car or boat? DMac was a swift boat operator - google it - google swift boat operator - lots of donuts. I was in one a few times - hated it. My wife thinks it is funny when she does it. Apologizes that my writing is NOT up to snuff - YET YOUR tax dollars paid for it big boy - your tax dollars paid for ALL of my education - thank you!!!!! You should ask for a refund. :D :D :D

MD:
1. Pickle ball - interesting game - golf not so much - we do sponsor a few holes every year in charity golf tourneys;
2. Good on you that you gave your employees off - I know no one else who did - good on you;

You GUYS HAVE STILL NOT ANSWERED My questions.

BTW - up most respect for someone who gets pinged at 100 miles an hour. My comment on D3 was to TLD - stir the pot TLD - talking smack love it!!!!! Jawing baby!!!!!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ggait wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:04 pm
GGait, I would really appreciate dissecting what you posted and the variables that went into that graph. I think there are other variables that may play a part then just the top line. A chart without info - not sure about that.
Land M -- I've been on here for over 10 years. Everyone on here knows that I do not BS at all and that I can and do back up everything I say on here.

That data is from the U.N. survey I cited to in my post. So just go look it up.

Study that and any other studies measuring QOL around the world. USA is normally outside the top 10.

Let us know what you find.

https://hdr.undp.org/content/human-deve ... eport-2020

“Everyone here knows…”

“I can back up everything…”.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Holy cannoli. The utter lack of humility, the desperate demand for unearned respect, the palpable sense of fear, it’s something man. :lol: :lol: :lol:
LandM

Post by LandM »

Thanks ggait - will do - I think and hope we all get educated. Obviously my writing skills do not meet the approval of others but hey - I am just a farm kid from NV.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

LandM wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:21 pm Thanks ggait - will do - I think and hope we all get educated. Obviously my writing skills do not meet the approval of others but hey - I am just a farm kid from NV.
👍
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

LandM wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:21 pm Thanks ggait - will do - I think and hope we all get educated. Obviously my writing skills do not meet the approval of others
Not at all....I think the crew thinks your posts are interesting enough that they want to understand what you're saying, my man.

You have to admit, you didn't leave a whole lot of context for most of us to understand that you get sick on those little donut "boats".

Hope you're having a wonderful summer up your way.
LandM

Post by LandM »

Thanks aFan - some reading and studying to do with ggait. I am not as smart as you guys so I do have to process but I find this interesting as what you all are saying and it does not compute with what I see or hear in my travels. I believe in this country and I will support it - warts and all and I hopefully will leave it a better place.

Instead of "donut" let me use burn out in a car as a kid????? In a boat, no brake, so you circle around and around in a small circle, we called them donuts - the wave from the first circle gets bigger the more you do the second, third, fourth. As a kid in NV, held many a state swimming record. My coach says to me lets go to CA and see how you do - bad, ugly, fugly, bad. I focused on football. In the military those swim skills were very helpful. I hate donuts in a car and in a pool - not scared of them, just puke with them.

Today on the 6th Committee supposedly Adam "the honest politician" Schiff is further going to explain how we almost lost our Democracy and how our Democracy was imperiled. To me, we almost lost and could lose our Democracy because of the Schiff show. IMHO if you are going to worry about "Our Democracy" worry about the show. Trumps inner circle - did there job. Sleep well - people stood up and did their duty.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

LandM wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:26 am Thanks aFan - some reading and studying to do with ggait. I am not as smart as you guys so I do have to process but I find this interesting as what you all are saying and it does not compute with what I see or hear in my travels. I believe in this country and I will support it - warts and all and I hopefully will leave it a better place.

Instead of "donut" let me use burn out in a car as a kid????? In a boat, no brake, so you circle around and around in a small circle, we called them donuts - the wave from the first circle gets bigger the more you do the second, third, fourth. As a kid in NV, held many a state swimming record. My coach says to me lets go to CA and see how you do - bad, ugly, fugly, bad. I focused on football. In the military those swim skills were very helpful. I hate donuts in a car and in a pool - not scared of them, just puke with them.

Today on the 6th Committee supposedly Adam "the honest politician" Schiff is further going to explain how we almost lost our Democracy and how our Democracy was imperiled. To me, we almost lost and could lose our Democracy because of the Schiff show. IMHO if you are going to worry about "Our Democracy" worry about the show. Trumps inner circle - did there job. Sleep well - people stood up and did their duty.
There is huge irony in what you say about chit for brains Schiff. The sleaziest scumbag in the DemocRAT party is investigating sleaze baggery on the RepubliCON side. How true that it takes one to investigate one...
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:14 am
LandM wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:26 am Thanks aFan - some reading and studying to do with ggait. I am not as smart as you guys so I do have to process but I find this interesting as what you all are saying and it does not compute with what I see or hear in my travels. I believe in this country and I will support it - warts and all and I hopefully will leave it a better place.

There is huge irony in what you say about chit for brains Schiff. The sleaziest scumbag in the DemocRAT party is investigating sleaze baggery on the RepubliCON side. How true that it takes one to investigate one...
Some reading for you.

https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content/up ... er2021.pdf

Remember, facts are still facts, no matter who delivers them to your couch.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:33 am

Some reading for you.

Those facts become tainted when directed by a guy who has had a hard on for trump since he was POTUS. How can shiftless Adam be in charge of what SHOULD BE a non partisan investigation? Bass ackwards logic counselor, this is turning into a massive fishing expedition from people who have already decided that the person they are investigating is already guilty in their eyes. Your a dedicated lawyer. Isnt there always a PRESUMPTION of innocence for any suspect?? Even a dirt bag like trump deserves due process. The Jan.6 committee resembles a vendetta against trump more so than it does a legit investigation to discover the truth. That simple fact reduces their credibility to little more than a joke. I still think as this investigation drags on and if the DemocRATS lode in November, this whole sordid affair will be chit canned by new RepubliCON leadership. The dumpster already has huge problems in Georgia and New York State. The dumpster will get his comeuppance before you know it. If nothing else the money he is pouring into the legal profession should make a semi retired lawyer happy. What these hearings are going to evolve into is a parade of people invoking their 5th amendment rights. If there is a smoking gun against the dumpster they better find it quick. I'm not a trained lawyer but I know and understand that a mountain of circumstantial and hearsay evidence ain't gonna get you very far in a court of law. Of course counselor.. you already know that. ;)
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:52 am

Some reading for you.

Those facts become tainted when directed by a guy who has had a hard on for trump since he was POTUS. How can shiftless Adam be in charge of what SHOULD BE a non partisan investigation? Bass ackwards logic counselor, this is turning into a massive fishing expedition from people who have already decided that the person they are investigating is already guilty in their eyes. Your a dedicated lawyer. Isnt there always a PRESUMPTION of innocence for any suspect?? Even a dirt bag like trump deserves due process. The Jan.6 committee resembles a vendetta against trump more so than it does a legit investigation to discover the truth. That simple fact reduces their credibility to little more than a joke. I still think as this investigation drags on and if the DemocRATS lode in November, this whole sordid affair will be chit canned by new RepubliCON leadership. The dumpster already has huge problems in Georgia and New York State. The dumpster will get his comeuppance before you know it. If nothing else the money he is pouring into the legal profession should make a semi retired lawyer happy. What these hearings are going to evolve into is a parade of people invoking their 5th amendment rights. If there is a smoking gun against the dumpster they better find it quick. I'm not a trained lawyer but I know and understand that a mountain of circumstantial and hearsay evidence ain't gonna get you very far in a court of law. Of course counselor.. you already know that. ;)
OK, so you're not going to read the Brookings Report. Got it.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Some reading for you.

sorry I read your link before I responded. I stated in my reply that trump is in huge trouble in Georgia. trump is in huge trouble in NYS. I was under the impression the Jan.6 investigations were concentrating on the events of Jan.6 by a bunch of scumbags. How much leeway does this committee have in deviating off of their stated objectives? IMO that is why it has turned into a wide net fishing expedition led by a DemocRAT of dubious integrity.

Maybe this is deserving of separate investigations in Georgia and NYS. IMO the Jan. 6 investigations have a somewhat narrow field that they need to investigate. It would be more reassuring if the person LEADING the investigation did not already have contempt for the person he is investigating. You can't conduct an "unbiased" investigation when your mind is already made up about the person you are investigating.
Bob Ross:
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Hearing resumes today at 1 PM EST on CBS News. https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/ja ... 022-06-21/
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

MAYBE MERRICK GARLAND ALREADY MADE SOME OF THE DECISIONS EVERYONE THINKS ARE PENDING?
Jack Goldsmith has weighed in on the debate over whether and if so how Trump should be charged in the NYT. He tries to capture three things that Merrick Garland might consider before charging Trump, which include:

- Whether charging Trump would require a Special Counsel to avoid any conflict of interest stemming from Garland’s appointment by Joe Biden

- Whether there’s enough evidence to convict the former President

- Whether the national interest is served by such a prosecution

It’s a worthwhile piece that has, at least, generated some substantive discussion.
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:38 am Hearing resumes today at 1 PM EST on CBS News. https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/ja ... 022-06-21/
Same time the soap operas come on.. how appropriate.
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:02 am

Some reading for you.

sorry I read your link before I responded. I stated in my reply that trump is in huge trouble in Georgia. trump is in huge trouble in NYS. I was under the impression the Jan.6 investigations were concentrating on the events of Jan.6 by a bunch of scumbags. How much leeway does this committee have in deviating off of their stated objectives? IMO that is why it has turned into a wide net fishing expedition led by a DemocRAT of dubious integrity.

Maybe this is deserving of separate investigations in Georgia and NYS. IMO the Jan. 6 investigations have a somewhat narrow field that they need to investigate. It would be more reassuring if the person LEADING the investigation did not already have contempt for the person he is investigating. You can't conduct an "unbiased" investigation when your mind is already made up about the person you are investigating.
That's a good question: to what extent should the January 6 Committee focus on state matters like the Georgia race. I think it's hard to separate them in any clear or orderly way:
    On November 6 and 7, Trump claims he won the election and won Georgia;
      On December 5, Trumps asks the chief Georgia election official to "find 11,780 votes" and call them improper or suspicious, a specific number that would get him over the 11,779 vote lead held then by Biden;
        On December 23, he again calls the Georgia Secretary of State's office and speaks with the chief investigator and urges her to find "dishonesty" that would overturn the result, and tells her she would be praised for finding "the right answer," and helping to overturn the election;
          On the same day, December 23, Barr's resignation becomes effective, and Trump begins to attempt to enlist loyalists in the DOJ, and on December 27 he asks the Acting AG and Acting Deputy AG to "say the election was corrupt + leave the rest to me" (Deputy AG Richard Donoghue's contemporaneous handwritten notes of the statement);
            From December 23 to January 5, Trump is hectoring the DOJ, threatening to replace Acting AG Rosen with Jeffrey Clark until Donoghue and Steve Engel tell him that they and many other DOJ rank and file will resign if he does;
              Among the asserted lines of argument to the DOJ is the Eastman memorandum, explaining why Pence can single-handedly reverse the election at the otherwise ministerial certification count and ceremony;
                The Trump campaign communicated with and coordinated the creation of phony slates of "Electors" in several states, including in and for Georgia, to create the impression of an unclear situation, sufficient for the Vice President and various loyalists in Congress to at least hold up certification and create enough confusion for him to continue clinging to the White House for the time being (and likely, by design, sending the country into a nuclear missile of chaos....);
                  Speech at the Ellipsis, and you know the rest.

The Committee is investigating all of the factors that led into the assault on your nation's Capitol, and the vignettes in Georgia and Arizona and Michigan and the DOJ and with Eastman and the Drunk all appear to have fed into the crowd madness that found Trump supporters assaulting the building and beating the sh*t out of Capitol police. I'm not seeing a credible place for the Committee to cut the story off.
                  MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Interesting that a guy like LandM wouldn't see the direct connection.

Worried more about the "show" rather than the actual effort to overthrow the election. And the preparations to try again, more competently.

LandM, do you know who Judge Luttig is?
                  https://www.npr.org/2022/06/18/11060892 ... -democracy

Is this conservative icon judge now a "RINO" to be "hunted" ala Missouri Senate candidate's ad?
                  dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:19 am
                  Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:38 am Hearing resumes today at 1 PM EST on CBS News. https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/ja ... 022-06-21/
                  Same time the soap operas come on.. how appropriate.
                  Yeah..."As The Coup Plot Turns" :shock:

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
                  MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

LandM wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:16 pm Sea,
                  Here we go again - I will be upfront - I think you live in fear of your own shadow - but hey that is you. (No, that's not him, not accurate) Do you know what a donut is in a car or boat? DMac was a swift boat operator - google it - google swift boat operator - lots of donuts. I was in one a few times - hated it. My wife thinks it is funny when she does it. Apologizes that my writing is NOT up to snuff - YET YOUR tax dollars paid for it big boy - your tax dollars paid for ALL of my education - thank you!!!!! You should ask for a refund. :D :D :D

I think most of us understood that going around in circles make you feel ill, but it wasn't clear what relevance that had for anything being discussed.

MD:
                  1. Pickle ball - interesting game - golf not so much - we do sponsor a few holes every year in charity golf tourneys;

golf is new for me, "Covid recruit"; keeping my mother (who with my dad became avid golfers) out of harm's way, we've spent two winters in Florida and the range is 100 yds away, two beautiful courses, and son, who grew up playing golf, home from Shanghai for Covid so great opportunity to spend time together. Wife had the great idea to ask for golf lessons from my son for her birthday...he's a wonderfully patient coach, permeates everything he does.

But pickle ball has a moving ball...more up my alley...that little white ball sitting still is much more frustrating!

2. Good on you that you gave your employees off - I know no one else who did - good on you;
                  Just felt right for us...I wouldn't be surprised if some of the team put in a couple of hours anyway...we all kind of work around the clock, but take time to enjoy life as well.

You GUYS HAVE STILL NOT ANSWERED My questions.

[b]Actually, TLD did. He didn't flesh it out, but yeah, that's our system.
                  [/b]
                  BTW - up most respect for someone who gets pinged at 100 miles an hour. My comment on D3 was to TLD - stir the pot TLD - talking smack love it!!!!! Jawing baby!!!!! A reminder re TLD, not only did he play pretty darn good ball himself, and played with a ton of D1 players, his son was a terrific D1 lax player, 3X All-Ivy, plus AA, and certainly could have played high level soccer as well.

Return to “POLITICS”