All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

wgdsr

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by wgdsr »

continues to amaze me how much everybody knows about 10s and 100s of millions of people's motivations.

and one side's selfishness and another's community selflessness. how many 10s of millions of people rushed to get the vaxx when actual vulnerable populations couldn't snag appointments in the first several months because.... they could. and our states rolled this out like a clown show. plenty of people on here.

it's all good (nothing anyone can do about it) and expected. but then to come out all altruistic and demonizing is a little too much to take.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:13 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:37 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:07 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:53 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:22 am
Half Of Unvaccinated Workers Say They’d Rather Quit Than Get A Shot – But Real-World Data Suggest Few Are Following Through

In my one on one experience? This is virtue signaling. This this anti vaxx world....they've convinced themselves that not taking the vaxx is "free thinking". That they think things through, and everyone else is a sheep. Masks, too.

But as GGait points out-----somehow in this world of theirs, taking invermectin or monclonal treatments is fine. That's NOT being a sheep.

Good luck explaining how that works.
I think it is a sense of invulnerability - if they get CV it will not kill them, both because they are not in the "high risk" group, and those "backup" treatments are miracles that will fix it if they are wrong.

But they are not actually understanding the relative risks, or at least are assuming they are not in reality the actuality...
You all are projecting.

...Sure they do. Just look at all the nurses and first responders in health care. They were knee deep in CV-19 while we were all hunkered down in our homes....and came out damned near unscathed.
More nonsense….some may call it
Stupidity
:lol: Sounds about right. Calling our nurses stupid, as they cared for millions. Well Done TLD.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:30 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:13 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:37 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:07 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:53 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:22 am
Half Of Unvaccinated Workers Say They’d Rather Quit Than Get A Shot – But Real-World Data Suggest Few Are Following Through

In my one on one experience? This is virtue signaling. This this anti vaxx world....they've convinced themselves that not taking the vaxx is "free thinking". That they think things through, and everyone else is a sheep. Masks, too.

But as GGait points out-----somehow in this world of theirs, taking invermectin or monclonal treatments is fine. That's NOT being a sheep.

Good luck explaining how that works.
I think it is a sense of invulnerability - if they get CV it will not kill them, both because they are not in the "high risk" group, and those "backup" treatments are miracles that will fix it if they are wrong.

But they are not actually understanding the relative risks, or at least are assuming they are not in reality the actuality...
You all are projecting.

...Sure they do. Just look at all the nurses and first responders in health care. They were knee deep in CV-19 while we were all hunkered down in our homes....and came out damned near unscathed.
More nonsense….some may call it
Stupidity
:lol: Sounds about right. Calling our nurses stupid, as they cared for millions. Well Done TLD.
🤔
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

Sounds about right. Calling our nurses stupid, as they cared for millions. Well Done TLD.
Data shows that 73% of health care workers have gotten vaxed, versus 64% for the whole population.

The reasons are the basically the same. Which has absolutely nothing to do with science.

The nurses and other healthcare care workers refusing the shots trend rural, Republican, less education and less income.

So basically FNC watchers who want to virtue signal about "muh ruy-iots" and who don't like to be told what to do. But who really don't believe what they are saying. They're not stupid -- just obstenant. And for no good reason.

Ask them to pay $200 a month (like Delta Airlines did) and they'll fold like a lawn chair.

Fork em I say if they refuse their shot. There's no need for us to indulge their BS any longer.

FYI, all the docs and higher trained/paid techs are taking the shots.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:26 pm continues to amaze me how much everybody knows about 10s and 100s of millions of people's motivations.

and one side's selfishness and another's community selflessness. how many 10s of millions of people rushed to get the vaxx when actual vulnerable populations couldn't snag appointments in the first several months because.... they could. and our states rolled this out like a clown show. plenty of people on here.

it's all good (nothing anyone can do about it) and expected. but then to come out all altruistic and demonizing is a little too much to take.
+1000

Joe
Typical Lax Dad

ggait wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:16 pm
Sounds about right. Calling our nurses stupid, as they cared for millions. Well Done TLD.
Data shows that 73% of health care workers have gotten vaxed, versus 64% for the whole population.

The reasons are the basically the same. Which has absolutely nothing to do with science.

The nurses and other healthcare care workers refusing the shots trend rural, Republican, less education and less income.

So basically FNC watchers who want to virtue signal about "muh ruy-iots" and who don't like to be told what to do. But who really don't believe what they are saying. They're not stupid -- just obstenant. And for no good reason.

Ask them to pay $200 a month (like Delta Airlines did) and they'll fold like a lawn chair.

Fork em I say if they refuse their shot. There's no need for us to indulge their BS any longer.

Our healthcare workers have been virtually unscathed by COVID.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:46 pm

Said, youth.

But, your link's headline: "Healthcare workers 7 times as likely to have severe COVID-19 as other workers."

"Unscathed"

I agree, either mandate or charge'em $200 a month. Maybe escalate that after 3 months.

Want to get a different job, nurse?
Go ahead.

But this does expose how badly we need to recruit and train nurses at a faster clip than we've been doing.
Bart

Post by Bart »

You are right. Fork them....except loosing nurses will have an effect on patient care. Absolutely will. I was talking to an ER nurse who lives on my street. They will loose 4 nurses on Monday in the ER. An ER that is already thin staffed. So yeah...fork them. But you are also forking the patients who come into the ED.

As for your other statement...I know of no DOCs who have refused the jab. I do know several high paid/trained techs, a couple of x-ray, a ultrasound or two a cardiac tech or two and MRI as well. Must just be the mouthbreathing Upstate NY location.

Again, I think they should have the shot. But there should be a means if they refuse....rapid tests every other day or something like that. I will definitely effect patient care. BTW, the mouthbreathing hospital my bride works in has been giving religious exemptions like they are pez candies. Amazed at how many have found GOD in recent weeks.

Oh well, fork em. Monday's deadline will be interesting.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:05 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:46 pm

Said, youth.

But, your link's headline: "Healthcare workers 7 times as likely to have severe COVID-19 as other workers."

"Unscathed"

I agree, either mandate or charge'em $200 a month. Maybe escalate that after 3 months.

Want to get a different job, nurse?
Go ahead.

But this does expose how badly we need to recruit and train nurses at a faster clip than we've been doing.
Send kids to schools with pedophiles. Pedophiles have a right ti work too.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:26 pm continues to amaze me how much everybody knows about 10s and 100s of millions of people's motivations.

I don't think anyone can claim to know the specific motivations of each individual, but who is doing so?

We certainly can determine what the motivations of various cohorts of people are, characterizing them along a number of dimensions. Right?
Or is your position that such is impossible as well?

If your point is simply that there are multiple vax resistant or refusenik cohorts, not a single monolithic group, I quite agree...not sure who you think disagrees.

I'd also agree that different methods to encourage or insist on vaccination may be more effective with some cohorts than others. No doubt.

But would you not agree also that the cohorts are not the same as say 6 months ago, the resistant due to lack of information, simple carefulness and trepidation, has decreased in size, whereas the hardline folks ggait mimics with "muh ruy-iots" is most of what's left at this point? Not only them, but more predominantly so than earlier? Maybe you disagree.

As to the rushing for the vax appointments, I don't know about you, but which populations were more vulnerable than you at the point that a vax appointment was first available to you? Had that more vulnerable population had an opportunity to be in line prior to you or not? I'm pretty sure that when I, as a reasonably healthy 63 year old, able to work from home, first became able to get into line, those more vulnerable than me had already been able to do so for quite some time before me. But maybe I'm missing something?

Or are you maybe suggesting more vulnerable populations outside the US?
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Bart wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:15 pm

You are right. Fork them....except loosing nurses will have an effect on patient care. Absolutely will. I was talking to an ER nurse who lives on my street. They will loose 4 nurses on Monday in the ER. An ER that is already thin staffed. So yeah...fork them. But you are also forking the patients who come into the ED.

As for your other statement...I know of no DOCs who have refused the jab. I do know several high paid/trained techs, a couple of x-ray, a ultrasound or two a cardiac tech or two and MRI as well. Must just be the mouthbreathing Upstate NY location.

Again, I think they should have the shot. But there should be a means if they refuse....rapid tests every other day or something like that. I will definitely effect patient care. BTW, the mouthbreathing hospital my bride works in has been giving religious exemptions like they are pez candies. Amazed at how many have found GOD in recent weeks.

I'd be perhaps more layered, in those regions where losing nurses might be more expected and shortage would be a serious problem.
Mandate, but if choose not to, for any reason, deduct for healthcare risk eg $200/month and require rapid tests etc.

If all hospitals do this, non-conforming nurses would need to leave the profession altogether. Which is definitely going to be minuscule %, though it is a conundrum for the hospital systems in more more rural areas where critical mass of public opinion is less supportive of conforming. The dock in pay for increased health risks certainly would be a motivating option over pure mandate.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Bart wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:15 pm

he forgot minorities again, (at least blacks as am not sure if hispanics have caught up). i wonder why that is?

at some point, i'm sure the group collective on here will be up in arms about them. selfish. dumb as rocks. fork 'em. rules of society impacting their community disproportionately? how quaint and 2020.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Come out West, my man. Talk to people, as I have. Meet my farming network. Talk to them and their families and friends. Talk to people when you're grabbing lunch.

I have. And I listened, just like you're supposed to do. Would you prefer I invent the reasons why they're not taking the vaccine? Or do you want to hear what they told me? (it's all music from the same sheet)
wgdsr wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:26 pm and one side's selfishness and another's community selflessness. how many 10s of millions of people rushed to get the vaxx when actual vulnerable populations couldn't snag appointments in the first several months because.... they could.
And we called them out for that, remember?
Dude. Selfish is selfish. I would NEVER step out of turn to get the vaccine. That's a HORRIBLE thing to to do.

But guess what? So is being a nurse, and not taking the vaccine. Think about how morally and ethically bankrupt that is.

You dispense any of the ~20,000 FDA drugs to your patients all day long, with zero thought. And as a nurse? You know doggone well that most of these FDA drugs have SERIOUS side effects on SOME patients.....but you dispense them anyway. No thought.

And when it comes your turn to take one of these FDA drugs.....the Covid vaccine-------it's not good enough for you, yet that FDA stamp is plenty good for your patients, and the drugs you give them all day long?

Get out of the business, and go sell real estate or something. Because your morals and ethics suck.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:34 pm
Come out West, my man. Talk to people, as I have. Meet my farming network. Talk to them and their families and friends. Talk to people when you're grabbing lunch.
huh? are you suggesting that i don't or just that you do have people that i/you talk to? and you saw me reference broad swaths of society because it's my take that's what often gets referenced?

I have. And I listened, just like you're supposed to do. Would you prefer I invent the reasons why they're not taking the vaccine? Or do you want to hear what they told me? (it's all music from the same sheet)
wgdsr wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:26 pm and one side's selfishness and another's community selflessness. how many 10s of millions of people rushed to get the vaxx when actual vulnerable populations couldn't snag appointments in the first several months because.... they could.
And we called them out for that, remember?
Dude. Selfish is selfish. I would NEVER step out of turn to get the vaccine. That's a HORRIBLE thing to to do.
nah. not my assessment of this board at the time, generalizing. and everybody's view of what was out of turn is relative.

But guess what? So is being a nurse, and not taking the vaccine. Think about how morally and ethically bankrupt that is.

You dispense any of the ~20,000 FDA drugs to your patients all day long, with zero thought. And as a nurse? You know doggone well that most of these FDA drugs have SERIOUS side effects on some patients.....but you dispense them anyway. No thought.

And when it comes your turn to take one of these FDA drugs.....the Covid vaccine-------it's not good enough for you, yet that FDA stamp is plenty good for your patients, and the drugs you give them all day long?

Get out of the business, and go sell real estate or something. Because your morals and ethics suck.
wasn't talking about the nurse debate, bit as it fit into the larger collective one.
you guys go crazy on nurses.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:52 pm huh? are you suggesting that i don't or just that you do have people that i/you talk to? and you saw me reference broad swaths of society because it's my take that's what often gets referenced?
Format problem again------we misunderstood each other again. My bad.
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:33 pm he forgot minorities again, (at least blacks as am not sure if hispanics have caught up). i wonder why that is?

at some point, i'm sure the group collective on here will be up in arms about them. selfish. dumb as rocks. fork 'em. rules of society impacting their community disproportionately? how quaint and 2020.
Our national vaccination rates for FDA approved vaccines for things like Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) or Polio was over 90% up until 2020. And black and white children take this at over 90%

Pretty obvious that folks are treating these FDA approved Covid vaccines differently than all other vaccines...and it's not about race.

https://minorityhealth.hhs.gov/omh/brow ... 4&lvlid=22

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/68/wr/mm6841e1.htm
ggait

Post by ggait »

I'd be perhaps more layered, in those regions where losing nurses might be more expected and shortage would be a serious problem.
Mandate, but if choose not to, for any reason, deduct for healthcare risk eg $200/month and require rapid tests etc.
Sure. If I ran a hospital I would try this first. For a little while.

Mandatory education classes for the no vaxers. Make them test twice a shift. Ding them $200 bucks a month on their health insurance. 99% of them would fold, because we know almost all of their objections are bull shirt and/or disinformation.

If after all that, the handful left that still won't take the shot would and should be fired. Because they would have proved to me that their intelligence and commitment to science, best practices and patient care is simply too low to work at my hospital. Simple as that.

Regardless of what their motivation is -- politics, too much Facebook, scaredy cat-ness in the face of no evidence, etc. Really wouldn't matter to me -- they just have to go. Just not qualified for that job.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ggait wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:34 pm
Sure. If I ran a hospital I would try this first. For a little while.

Mandatory education classes for the no vaxers. Make them test twice a shift. Ding them $200 bucks a month on their health insurance. 99% of them would fold, because we know almost all of their objections are bull shirt and/or disinformation.

If after all that, the handful left that still won't take the shot would and should be fired. Because they would have proved to me that their intelligence and commitment to science, best practices and patient care is simply too low to work at my hospital. Simple as that.

Regardless of what their motivation is -- politics, too much Facebook, scaredy cat-ness in the face of no evidence, etc. Really wouldn't matter to me -- they just have to go. Just not qualified for that job.
Yes, "layered"...
Typical Lax Dad

If I ran a restaurant and the staff didn’t want to wash their hands because it dried their skin out, I would be ok with that. Whats a little fecal material in your food? No biggie…helps build resistance. People that don’t wash their hands can work in restaurants too….otherwise it’s discrimination.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”