Is America a racist nation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Kismet

Re: Is America a racist nation?

Post by Kismet »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:07 am Dog whistle, or just racist whistle:

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1578910976740536320
So sez the moron who settled out of court (some sort of reparations I'd say) for defrauding investors of a private hedge fund taking other people's money and losing it.

If Hershel does get elected we'll have TWO dumb-as-a-rock Senators. At least, both of them can have a duplex dumb conversation between them. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

a fan wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:52 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:38 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:21 pm Help me understand:

https://mobile.twitter.com/kendallybrow ... 8611388417
well, doesn't appear to be "racist"...but wow.
Sh*t training. Why the F would ANYONE, let alone a trained officer, unlawfully and FOOLISHLY......open someone's car door without permission, and surprise them like that?

If someone did that to you....how long do you think it would take you to figure out that it was a police officer, and not, say, a carjacker.....when it's nighttime?

Moron. That's a full on training failure. Systemic. Or, he was trained, and broke the SOP.
There is something wrong with this, the officer witnessed the car and teenager in a previous incident, the teen attempts to evades the police, not obeying an officer, even threatening bodily harm and no one is questioning the actions of the teen. Sure you can make a case of over reacting, but this boldness to break the law with complete disregard for society norms is the big problem we are facing. Excusing actions by DA results in exactly why crime is rising. There is no accountable actions of the teen, the DA does not enforce the law, and we quickly hang out the police officer. If you wondering why police are leaving the field in record numbers, look no further, blame the police that is in charge of security, and turn blind eye to what the crime that was broken. This kid is not in the right.

Cops in the US have well over 350 million interactions/responses to situations per year. As bad as this was, this is not the norm, not even close in the US. Based on percentages this is an extremely rare occurrence. It is an exception not the rule. Sadly your post shows you've been duped by the media to believe cops are bad. That couldn't be further from the truth. The war on cops is real in this country and why crime is skyrocketing throughout the US, specifically in Democrat run cities. This is what happens when you want to defund the police.
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Bandito wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:47 pm

Sh*t training. Why the F would ANYONE, let alone a trained officer, unlawfully and FOOLISHLY......open someone's car door without permission, and surprise them like that?

If someone did that to you....how long do you think it would take you to figure out that it was a police officer, and not, say, a carjacker.....when it's nighttime?

Moron. That's a full on training failure. Systemic. Or, he was trained, and broke the SOP.
There is something wrong with this, the officer witnessed the car and teenager in a previous incident, the teen attempts to evades the police, not obeying an officer, even threatening bodily harm and no one is questioning the actions of the teen. Sure you can make a case of over reacting, but this boldness to break the law with complete disregard for society norms is the big problem we are facing. Excusing actions by DA results in exactly why crime is rising. There is no accountable actions of the teen, the DA does not enforce the law, and we quickly hang out the police officer. If you wondering why police are leaving the field in record numbers, look no further, blame the police that is in charge of security, and turn blind eye to what the crime that was broken. This kid is not in the right.

Cops in the US have well over 350 million interactions/responses to situations per year. As bad as this was, this is not the norm, not even close in the US. Based on percentages this is an extremely rare occurrence. It is an exception not the rule. Sadly your post shows you've been duped by the media to believe cops are bad. That couldn't be further from the truth. The war on cops is real in this country and why crime is skyrocketing throughout the US, specifically in Democrat run cities. This is what happens when you want to defund the police.
man that's a whole lotta talking out of both sides...

first para is a bunch of speculation, blaming kid, DA, society, but absolutely not a cop not following standard procedure and hugely, tragically overreacting.

second para admits "as bad as this was"...and "extremely rare occurrence" and then pivots to "war on cops" and a personal attack of a fellow poster.

I don't see anything about this about race, though...just bad policing.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

... your post shows you've been duped by the media to believe cops are bad. That couldn't be further from the truth. The war on cops is real in this country and why crime is skyrocketing throughout the US, specifically in Democrat run cities. This is what happens when you want to defund the police.

Couldn't be further from the truth? LAUGHABLE!
Biggest drug dealers anywhere are cops. Everybody who lives in a city like I do know that. There have been enough books written on the subject to prove the point.

Defunding cops?
Another laughable comment. The fact is that police budgets increased by the millions in many cities which have all experienced crime INCREASES. All the extra money wasted on police budgets results in higher wages for overtime - overtime that all too often is spent in a tavern or doing crosswords puzzles behind closed doors in the precincts.

https://quotefancy.com/media/wallpaper/ ... solved.jpg
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

DE87A223-50E5-49B0-AECB-487BB58BD5CB.jpeg
DE87A223-50E5-49B0-AECB-487BB58BD5CB.jpeg (144.37 KiB) Viewed 558 times
DMac

Post by DMac »

Despite your name ending with a vowel, I've got to guess you're not Italian. :lol:
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

DMac wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:57 am Despite your name ending with a vowel, I've got to guess you're not Italian. :lol:
No. Well except for any Roman blood during occupation of England. However, since arriving in the 1600’s there are supposed to have been a couple hookups with a Cherokee and a Choctaw during that time.
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:13 pm

first para is a bunch of speculation, blaming kid, DA, society, but absolutely not a cop not following standard procedure and hugely, tragically overreacting.

second para admits "as bad as this was"...and "extremely rare occurrence" and then pivots to "war on cops" and a personal attack of a fellow poster.

A personal attack? Excuse me? I said he has been duped by the mainstream media, which is true. If you think that is a personal attack, I don't know what to tell you. I was using facts and reason to enlighten that poster about the truth of the situation. Did you call out the poster "TLD" who called me a derogatory term for a sex toy after posting facts in the Midterms 2022 thread? I highly doubt he was banned or given infraction points and sent on a 'vacation'. Sadly, this site has gone to **** because it is an echo chamber of sadness, lies, bias and hatred coming from posters like you and those on the left.

There is a war on cops. It has been happening for quite some time. To deny that is just flat out wrong. That and the asinine Defund the Police Movement are the root causes for the skyrocketing crime rate in Democrat run cities. Leave your neighborhood and go to the inner cities and hang out. It will be quite eye opening for you I am sure.

Also, for someone who bragged about me being on your 'ignore list', it is an honor and a privilege to be quoted by someone of your holier than thou stature!
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Bandito wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:44 pm

A personal attack? Excuse me? I said he has been duped by the mainstream media, which is true. If you think that is a personal attack, I don't know what to tell you. I was using facts and reason to enlighten that poster about the truth of the situation. Did you call out the poster "TLD" who called me a derogatory term for a sex toy after posting facts in the Midterms 2022 thread? I highly doubt he was banned or given infraction points and sent on a 'vacation'. Sadly, this site has gone to **** because it is an echo chamber of sadness, lies, bias and hatred coming from posters like you and those on the left.

There is a war on cops. It has been happening for quite some time. To deny that is just flat out wrong. That and the asinine Defund the Police Movement are the root causes for the skyrocketing crime rate in Democrat run cities. Leave your neighborhood and go to the inner cities and hang out. It will be quite eye opening for you I am sure.

Also, for someone who bragged about me being on your 'ignore list', it is an honor and a privilege to be quoted by someone of your holier than thou stature!
"There is a war on cops. " Ah, the war trope. More of the same nuanced and sophisticated thinking that draws me to this site.

How's that "war on drugs" working out?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:06 pm
Bandito wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:44 pm

"There is a war on cops. " Ah, the war trope. More of the same nuanced and sophisticated thinking that draws me to this site.

How's that "war on drugs" working out?
essex and Petey banned, Bandito magically reappears.
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Democrat LA City Council Members forced to apologize after referring to black baby as a MONKEY

https://thepostmillennial.com/democrat- ... -as-monkey

The city council president Nury Matinez and two other Latino council members, all Democrats, were revealed to have made racist comments against blacks in leaked audio. Nury, who is a BLM supporter, said a black child was "like a monkey" in Spanish

America isn't racist, Democrats are. /Thread
ggait

Post by ggait »

essex and Petey banned, Bandito magically reappears.
The rotation is as predictable as the tide, the phases of the moon or the change of seasons.

Regardless of which happens to be actively spewing at any particular point, the advice still holds.

Boycott stupid.
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
NattyBohChamps04

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:16 pmessex and Petey banned, Bandito magically reappears.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Bandito wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:05 pm Democrat LA City Council Members forced to apologize after referring to black baby as a MONKEY

https://thepostmillennial.com/democrat- ... -as-monkey

The city council president Nury Matinez and two other Latino council members, all Democrats, were revealed to have made racist comments against blacks in leaked audio. Nury, who is a BLM supporter, said a black child was "like a monkey" in Spanish

America isn't racist, Democrats are. /Thread
Bandildo lives.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Hey Kismet -- Happy Columbus Day, goomba - you imperialist running dog. Goin' to the Parade ?

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/c ... pretation/
Columbus Day: Melodrama or Tragedy?
By VICTOR DAVIS HANSON, October 9, 2017

Campuses and Western critics in the last half-century have turned a once risk-taking and heroic Christopher Columbus into an evil emissary of disease and destruction. History is now seen as one-dimensional melodrama in which our contemporary duty is to pick sinners and saints of the past based on our own modern (quite imperfect) perceptions of morality and then judge them worthy of either hagiography or banishment from memory — rather than history as tragedy in which various agendas are often far more complex than just evil versus good.

In the so-called Columbus exchange, true, diseases were inadvertently brought into the New World by rapacious explorers and grasping settlers who followed Columbus that killed millions, but then so were horses, wheat, and rice, which enhanced the human condition. If history is to be reduced to a breast-for-tat scorecard, who can calibrate the good of the imported New World potato and tomato versus the bad of New World tobacco, cocaine, and, most likely, syphilis that would go on to kill and maim hundreds of millions? Without the fertility, climate, and access of the New World, Old World sugar, in small amounts previously imported from India, would have still remained a relative expensive rarity in the West; after Columbus, it would become a staple, with all its lethal results.

Certainly, inherent in the Columbus narrative is now a one-sided anti-Western bias, in which Columbus is demonized for epidemics that followed in a way that, say, the advancing Mongols of the 14th century are not censored as the importers of the plague to Europe that killed more Westerners than any single event until World War II.

Columbus left a continent in which, as elsewhere in the world, religious persecution, slavery, and civil wars were commonplace — and found mostly the same in the New World; the difference in destruction was largely one of scale that hinged on demography and smaller New World populations. Otherwise, the organization and efficacy of religiously driven human sacrifices of Aztec prisoners and subjects sometimes had a proto-Auschwitzean nature about them — but without dissident voices and opposition.

So, what did Columbus accomplish? If demography was destiny, he found a New World in which, to take one later example, North America was by European standards largely underpopulated and his successors opened it to exploration and settlement from a continent whose cities were sometimes 100 times more densely populated. Whereas Europeans had the ability to navigate around the world, indigenous people tragically did not. The logical result was that the more technologically advanced, poor, and overpopulated were going to seek out the naturally rich and sparsely settled, not out of evil per se, but out of collective individual desires to survive and prosper. Both tragedy and civilization followed.

It is fashionable to trash the civilization that created Columbus as destructive and pathological, but those who do so often have never experienced the alternative first-hand or at length, and assume that their own prosperity, security, and protected freedoms are birthrights rather than fragilities that exist largely only in the West and Westernized Asia or emanate only from the Western anomalies of self-criticism, secular rationalism, unfettered inquiry, free expression, constitutional government, free-market economics, private property and religious tolerance.

Today, millions from often premodern conditions in Africa and in southern Mexico and Central America vote with their feet to seek out Europe and the United States, not because it is perfect or they like the West, but because they believe it is potentially advantageous for them in a way their own familiar landscapes and environments have proven quite disadvantageous. In my own environs, Mexican flags and Aztec statuary are quite commonly on display as proof of indigenous credibility, but the real emotion arises at any hint that the border might be closed and pathways into the United States and all that it is and represents, might be curtailed. In some strange reductionist and iconic way, the symbolic world of the Aztecs is romanticized — and left far behind; the world of Columbus is still demonized but constantly sought out. History is ironic and tragic, not a modern melodramatic morality tale.
NattyBohChamps04

It's Native Americans fault for any damage done to Europe and Europeans while they got wiped out after Europe's arrival and subsequent conquerations.

Parallels to the Russia Ukraine conversation. :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:36 pm Hey Kismet -- Happy Columbus Day, goomba - you imperialist running dog. Goin' to the Parade ?

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/c ... pretation/
Columbus Day: Melodrama or Tragedy?
By VICTOR DAVIS HANSON, October 9, 2017

Campuses and Western critics in the last half-century have turned a once risk-taking and heroic Christopher Columbus into an evil emissary of disease and destruction. History is now seen as one-dimensional melodrama in which our contemporary duty is to pick sinners and saints of the past based on our own modern (quite imperfect) perceptions of morality and then judge them worthy of either hagiography or banishment from memory — rather than history as tragedy in which various agendas are often far more complex than just evil versus good.

In the so-called Columbus exchange, true, diseases were inadvertently brought into the New World by rapacious explorers and grasping settlers who followed Columbus that killed millions, but then so were horses, wheat, and rice, which enhanced the human condition. If history is to be reduced to a breast-for-tat scorecard, who can calibrate the good of the imported New World potato and tomato versus the bad of New World tobacco, cocaine, and, most likely, syphilis that would go on to kill and maim hundreds of millions? Without the fertility, climate, and access of the New World, Old World sugar, in small amounts previously imported from India, would have still remained a relative expensive rarity in the West; after Columbus, it would become a staple, with all its lethal results.

Certainly, inherent in the Columbus narrative is now a one-sided anti-Western bias, in which Columbus is demonized for epidemics that followed in a way that, say, the advancing Mongols of the 14th century are not censored as the importers of the plague to Europe that killed more Westerners than any single event until World War II.

Columbus left a continent in which, as elsewhere in the world, religious persecution, slavery, and civil wars were commonplace — and found mostly the same in the New World; the difference in destruction was largely one of scale that hinged on demography and smaller New World populations. Otherwise, the organization and efficacy of religiously driven human sacrifices of Aztec prisoners and subjects sometimes had a proto-Auschwitzean nature about them — but without dissident voices and opposition.

So, what did Columbus accomplish? If demography was destiny, he found a New World in which, to take one later example, North America was by European standards largely underpopulated and his successors opened it to exploration and settlement from a continent whose cities were sometimes 100 times more densely populated. Whereas Europeans had the ability to navigate around the world, indigenous people tragically did not. The logical result was that the more technologically advanced, poor, and overpopulated were going to seek out the naturally rich and sparsely settled, not out of evil per se, but out of collective individual desires to survive and prosper. Both tragedy and civilization followed.

It is fashionable to trash the civilization that created Columbus as destructive and pathological, but those who do so often have never experienced the alternative first-hand or at length, and assume that their own prosperity, security, and protected freedoms are birthrights rather than fragilities that exist largely only in the West and Westernized Asia or emanate only from the Western anomalies of self-criticism, secular rationalism, unfettered inquiry, free expression, constitutional government, free-market economics, private property and religious tolerance.

Today, millions from often premodern conditions in Africa and in southern Mexico and Central America vote with their feet to seek out Europe and the United States, not because it is perfect or they like the West, but because they believe it is potentially advantageous for them in a way their own familiar landscapes and environments have proven quite disadvantageous. In my own environs, Mexican flags and Aztec statuary are quite commonly on display as proof of indigenous credibility, but the real emotion arises at any hint that the border might be closed and pathways into the United States and all that it is and represents, might be curtailed. In some strange reductionist and iconic way, the symbolic world of the Aztecs is romanticized — and left far behind; the world of Columbus is still demonized but constantly sought out. History is ironic and tragic, not a modern melodramatic morality tale.
He ain’t American….America First.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:40 pm It's Native Americans fault for any damage done to Europe and Europeans while they got wiped out after Europe's arrival and subsequent conquerations.

Parallels to the Russia Ukraine conversation. :roll:

Good once a year.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”