All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

MDlaxfan76

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:58 am
old salt wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:44 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:27 am I wonder why this is?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/21/health/u ... index.html

Maybe I'm being too "negative". ;)
Might want to withhold comparative analysis (& ghoulish gloating) until the delta surge has burned it's way through the entire country.
It's moving N. Where's the empathy you showed in making excuses for the high initial death rates in the NE ? ...& NY v FL nursing home deaths ?
OS,

Exactly, it's nonexistent. Want to know why? Because he was in Florida enjoying the nice weather and lack thereof of restrictions. He wasn't in in the NE for the majority of last winter. So you won't get a decent answer. :roll:

Joe
Joe, besides being quite creepy in your posts re me, you're also way off base, yet again.
And this comment itself has zero to do with the actually discussion, it's purely personal.

For a response to Salty that addresses the actual topic, see above. To you, below.

I've suggested previously that you're clearly a happier, more constructive poster camper when you stick to the lax threads. When you come on here, something seems to click over and it's just personal attacks and/or angry rants.

High unvaccinated areas are going to have surges of transmission, it'll happen wherever there are pockets of such concentration. Same for areas without strong efforts to reduce transmission ala masks etc.

Some regions will have leadership and populations that encourages vaccination and transmission mitigation, others apparently do not. But we'll see surges this go round anywhere there are remaining concentrations of unvaccinated.

As to where I was when there were actual lockdowns, that was 18 months ago, I was in Maryland. We participated with all such. Not fun. Last winter, yes, we were in Florida, but I wasn't enjoying any "lack of restrictions". Our community was terrifically concerned, heavy mitigation efforts, and we took them quite seriously. As a result, that large community of nearly all 60+ year olds (mostly 70+) had zero Covid deaths, though the county we were in experienced lots. But we did have the luxury of outdoor activities like golf and boating, outdoor dining at the club, spread apart. True. I expect we'll do so again this winter.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:20 am

Might want to withhold comparative analysis (& ghoulish gloating) until the delta surge has burned it's way through the entire country.
It's moving N. Where's the empathy you showed in making excuses for the high initial death rates in the NE ? ...& NY v FL nursing home deaths ?
OS,

Exactly, it's nonexistent. Want to know why? Because he was in Florida enjoying the nice weather and lack thereof of restrictions. He wasn't in in the NE for the majority of last winter. So you won't get a decent answer. :roll:

Joe
Joe, besides being quite creepy in your posts re me, you're also way off base, yet again.
And this comment itself has zero to do with the actually discussion, it's purely personal.

For a response to Salty that addresses the actual topic, see above. To you, below.

I've suggested previously that you're clearly a happier, more constructive poster camper when you stick to the lax threads. When you come on here, something seems to click over and it's just personal attacks and/or angry rants.

High unvaccinated areas are going to have surges of transmission, it'll happen wherever there are pockets of such concentration. Same for areas without strong efforts to reduce transmission ala masks etc.

Some regions will have leadership and populations that encourages vaccination and transmission mitigation, others apparently do not. But we'll see surges this go round anywhere there are remaining concentrations of unvaccinated.

As to where I was when there were actual lockdowns, that was 18 months ago, I was in Maryland. We participated with all such. Not fun. Last winter, yes, we were in Florida, but I wasn't enjoying any "lack of restrictions". Our community was terrifically concerned, heavy mitigation efforts, and we took them quite seriously. As a result, that large community of nearly all 60+ year olds (mostly 70+) had zero Covid deaths, though the county we were in experienced lots. But we did have the luxury of outdoor activities like golf and boating, outdoor dining at the club, spread apart. True. I expect we'll do so again this winter.

Fair enough, I was referring to this past winter and not 2020. Don't be that person that gloats, even if it is not your intention. Regarding your observation about the lacrosse forums, that's your opinion and I never said I didn't respect it. These threads are anything but a discussion these days.

Joe
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

https://www.local10.com/news/florida/20 ... -cdc-data/

Hopefully the worst is behind Florida.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:27 am

OS,

Joe

Fair enough, I was referring to this past winter and not 2020. Don't be that person that gloats, even if it is not your intention. Regarding your observation about the lacrosse forums, that's your opinion and I never said I didn't respect it. These threads are anything but a discussion these days.

Joe
Not sure what aspect you consider "gloat"...I'm unabashedly clear that I'm in the fortunate situation in which my own lifestyle, while affected, is far more resilient and flexible than probably most people. While restrictions are a pain in the neck, they've had negligible impact on how we run our business and there's been actual silver linings in terms of family time. We look to those silver linings, rather than dwell on the sacrifices, but that doesn't mean I don't empathize with those in less fortunate situations or on the fronts lines of the battle to save lives.

Actually, some folks on here actually do have discussions, bring new information and news to the table and discuss the implications. Some bring very specific expertise or experiences as well. Not everyone agrees with the other's interpretation, logic, reasoning, etc, thus disagreement does indeed happen...not all of that is disagreeable, though.

But you're right, some others just react to such in an angry, knee-jerk way, attack the poster's presumed intentions or "narrative". They don't actually discuss anything, don't bring new information or special expertise or experience. They just attack or rant.

Over on the lax threads, you, in specific, add constructive commentary and seem much more happy there.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:01 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:27 am

OS,

Joe

Joe
Not sure what aspect you consider "gloat"...I'm unabashedly clear that I'm in the fortunate situation in which my own lifestyle, while affected, is far more resilient and flexible than probably most people. While restrictions are a pain in the neck, they've had negligible impact on how we run our business and there's been actual silver linings in terms of family time. We look to those silver linings, rather than dwell on the sacrifices, but that doesn't mean I don't empathize with those in less fortunate situations or on the fronts lines of the battle to save lives.

Actually, some folks on here actually do have discussions, bring new information and news to the table and discuss the implications. Some bring very specific expertise or experiences as well. Not everyone agrees with the other's interpretation, logic, reasoning, etc, thus disagreement does indeed happen...not all of that is disagreeable, though.

But you're right, some others just react to such in an angry, knee-jerk way, attack the poster's presumed intentions or "narrative". They don't actually discuss anything, don't bring new information or special expertise or experience. They just attack or rant.

Over on the lax threads, you, in specific, add constructive commentary and seem much more happy there.
Good observation, that should tell you something. Maybe there is an impetus for that. Were getting off-base now, back to the regular scheduled boring programming.

Joe
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:28 pm https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/ ... h-COVID-19

Where Petey at??!!
Doghouse.
That would be very good news if they can establish good protocols for identifying the right folks for that intervention and get it started in time.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:31 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:28 pm https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/ ... h-COVID-19

Where Petey at??!!
Doghouse.
That would be very good news if they can establish good protocols for identifying the right folks for that intervention and get it started in time.
Absolutely. I believe the experience had been that it was good for high risk patients and not to be generally applied.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Where Petey at??!!
Don't get so excited------didn't you see that Remdesivir has (gasp) side effects?????

We all know that taking a drug with side effects means that the drug is bad, and you can't take it, right?

Plus, those listed side effects are only the ones the Gilead told us about.

What about the side effects I read about from "some guy on the internet"? What about the side effect that I heard that a friend heard from a friend who had a friend who became sterile after taking Remdesivir? Aren't you all taking that into account?

Geez. Up your game, TLD. You're such a sheep. Baaaaa.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:56 pm

Where Petey at??!!
Don't get so excited------didn't you see that Remdesivir has (gasp) side effects?????

We all know that taking a drug with side effects means that the drug is bad, and you can't take it, right?

What about the side effects I read about from "some guy on the internet"? What about the side effect that I heard that a friend heard from a friend who had a friend who became sterile after taking Remdesivir? Aren't you all taking that into account?

What about the really cheap hot dogs?
Dr. Yancey: “Really inexpensive hot dogs are usually made with a meat source called mechanically separated chicken. It’s a process that uses mechanical means to pull the muscle off the bone in chicken. It’s a very inexpensive source of protein. It’s not an unsafe or unwholesome product, it’s just a cheaper protein source.”
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Where Petey at??!!
glad that they were able to get a 500 person trial done for early treatment, what expert sounding-qualification nerds were saying in early 2020. and here just 18-20 months in to this pandemic.

it's not your 1918 healthcare industry!
#lightspeed
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:11 pm

Where Petey at??!!
glad that they were able to get a 500 person trial done for early treatment, what expert sounding-qualification nerds were saying in early 2020. and here just 18-20 months in to this pandemic.

it's not your 1918 healthcare industry!
#lightspeed
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:56 pm

Where Petey at??!!

Be careful....this might gain traction, it has real dr's & patients in it. Film at 11. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
tech37

Post by tech37 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:49 pm Worth a listen....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_Xyi8bd_bs
Yes, be careful youth...it's all just "anecdotal." And people like "tried & true" will just say F em anyway!
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Danielle leaves out one very important part of the equation, and one additional point.

Her examples are all personal health related. This is a public health issue.

There may be circumstances where hospitals make decisions based on valid triage reasons, but unvaccinated people people aren’t being left untreated carte blanche.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:34 pm

Danielle leaves out one very important part of the equation, and one additional point.

There may be circumstances where hospitals make decisions based on valid triage reasons, but unvaccinated people people aren’t being left untreated carte blanche.
Well not yet perhaps...see rationing of monoclonal antibody infusion.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

tech37 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:37 pm

Which is why I mentioned triage.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Not nit picking or looking for a fight....just discussing here. But your second sentence is the crux of the entire issue.....it's the decision of each individual, full stop. And just because it is a "public health issue", does that overrule individual rights and force mandate?
Last edited by youthathletics on Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Livy

tech37

Post by tech37 »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:40 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:37 pm

Which is why I mentioned triage.
Ha! So I haven't heard the Biden admin mention "triage."

Return to “POLITICS”