Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: Racism in America- Week 4 of Unrest

Post by jhu72 »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:46 pm i think i might be inspired to make some crab this weekend... :lol:

the northface news is big, i think. wow, a spine!

somewhat related (i think?): https://www.capitalgazette.com/educatio ... story.html
Wow, way to go Josh! That makes three local Baltimore area private schools (that I know about) being called into question.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:54 pm
ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:46 pm i think i might be inspired to make some crab this weekend... :lol:

somewhat related (i think?): https://www.capitalgazette.com/educatio ... story.html
Thanks for posting. One of my best friends taught at Severn.
saw this earlier today.
knew josh briefly, on the field with and against thru a handful of games when he was college age. was quiet, deferential, thoughtful, inquisitive. humble. even as a 1st team aa and one of the very best at that time.
this doesn't surprise at all.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

The Creator makes the crab. You just cook it. I was inspired to sauté bronzino finished with a beurre blanc with tarragon and cream, asparagus vapeur, tourned pomme vapeur with a Chilean viognier.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I’m sure the guy was a serious deadly felon and the killer was in total fear for his life. Completely justified, I mean come, he was once a cop so it’s impossible that he did anything unlawful in this taking of a life.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:08 pm
I’m sure the guy was a serious deadly felon and the killer was in total fear for his life. Completely justified, I mean come, he was once a cop so it’s impossible that he did anything unlawful in this taking of a life.
He threw his coffee at the car.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Oh snap. Should dig up the body and kill him again for such an egregious violation.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:47 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:02 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:05 pm Don't think George Washington or Thomas Jefferson have anything to worry about. Don't like Nathan Bedford Forrest's odds.

Lol. Jefferson doesn’t have a year left. Tops. Washington maybe 3 years.

No one is safe from the liberal mob. It eats until nothing is left to eat. JHU72 thinks he’s safe because he’s woke; what he and others never understand is one can’t be woke enough for the mob. Any nuance no matter how well intentioned is seen as an assault on the Left mob. It won’t stop until it eats itself.

Thanks Democrats!!
… sell that fear. :lol: You know you may be the death of 6 foot. :lol: :lol:

Democrats topple Ulysses S Grant and Francis Scott Key statues.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/s ... k/2312839/

They never wanted to do away with Confederate statues. They want to do away with America.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

The Greeks and Romans should be next. Here’s hoping that the protests in the US continue to be mirrored in the EU. There are lots of statues of “oppressors” over there that need to be torn down too.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:03 am The Greeks and Romans should be next. Here’s hoping that the protests in the US continue to be mirrored in the EU. There are lots of statues of “oppressors” over there that need to be torn down too.

The woke paramilitary wing of the Democratic Party will eventually turn on the Fanlax Dems. It’s one of the surest formulas of science: leftists don’t stop until it eats its own. Look at Venezuela. This is what they aspire to.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

looks like de blasio's wife will handle it in nyc.
https://nypost.com/2020/06/19/chirlane- ... n-statues/
that should go well after her last crack at it for women of the city.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:45 pm Crab Imperial for dinner tonight. Wife is working on it now.
crab cakes last night for us!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:19 am looks like de blasio's wife will handle it in nyc.

Hayzeus effing cripes. :lol:
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:02 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:03 am The Greeks and Romans should be next. Here’s hoping that the protests in the US continue to be mirrored in the EU. There are lots of statues of “oppressors” over there that need to be torn down too.

The woke paramilitary wing of the Democratic Party will eventually turn on the Fanlax Dems. It’s one of the surest formulas of science: leftists don’t stop until it eats its own. Look at Venezuela. This is what they aspire to.
You must not have a mirror with you under the Gasparilla Island Bridge. Trump fascist and racist extremists have already “eaten their own” and hijacked the entire Republican Party, and you’re telling the dems to watch out for extremists. Lol
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:26 am
wgdsr wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:19 am looks like de blasio's wife will handle it in nyc.

Solution free virtue signalling. Viva la Marxist Revolution! It's the one thing in common the "organized" Left has in common. Marxism. The two founders of BLM have admitted as much. Peaceful protest should be encouraged and listened to. Dismantling the system that gives the descendants of slavery the best chance for prosperity in favor of Marxism should be rejected out of hand.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

get it to x wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:41 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:26 am

Solution free virtue signalling. Viva la Marxist Revolution! It's the one thing in common the "organized" Left has in common. Marxism. The two founders of BLM have admitted as much. Peaceful protest should be encouraged and listened to. Dismantling the system that gives the descendants of slavery the best chance for prosperity in favor of Marxism should be rejected out of hand.

Well thank the Lord BLM is not against the nuclear family as their manifesto explicitly states (the usual suspects here rationalized this statement yesterday as not what the words say but rather what the message is; Trump though needs to be taken literally!!! :lol: ).

Also, Defund the Police does not in fact mean "DEFUND THE POLICE", that's merely a right wing interpretation of what that statement says. :lol:

What's that old George Orwell saw about meaningless words and thought, War is peace, Freedom is slavery, Ignorance is strength. He had this board's Democrats down to a tee! I wonder how many here are good with their paramilitary wing tearing down statues of Ulysses S Grant and Francis Scott Key! Here's my bet: most will publicly tsk tsk it, but actually they don't really care which statues come down.

Not sure who needs to hear this again, but within 3 POTUS cycles, the 4th of July will be a holiday celebrated strictly by Republicans. Mark it down.
Last edited by Peter Brown on Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:31 pm

Wow, way to go Josh! That makes three local Baltimore area private schools (that I know about) being called into question.
Just to be clear, what is being called into question at each of those schools is different.

The Severn situation appears to be far more acute. Probably needs a change of leadership, soon. Coupled with a major, extended push to become significantly more inclusive.

From the little bit I know from some Loyola alums, they have a pretty significant challenge there as well within their alum/parent base (who has none?!), but leadership appears to be on the right page about moving forward. It'll be interesting to see what they do, dropping the name "Blakefield" being the easiest part. There are a bunch of private schools in this area that I'd say are on par or worse than Loyola on these sorts of issues. They're all going to be quite challenged with this. And that's a good thing.

My impression is that McDonogh has a far healthier base from which to address these issues. They've been working on them for quite some time and are far more likely to have a base of trust. Which isn't to say that they won't be challenged as well. Same for my alma mater, Gilman.

Both of those schools, at least relatively speaking, have faculty who are quite aware of the importance of their curricula, both formal and informal, in the formation of understanding.

But they definitely can do better.
My son is a 2012 Gilman alum and was aware of Juneteenth as well as the Tulsa massacre from his US history courses (not mine!), but says he was nevertheless not really aware of the degree of persistent racism issues of today. The kinds of conversations going on now are really new.

And important.

as an aside, I was just catching up with Kevin Costner, etc "Yellowstone" Season 2 (season 3 just started). The Native American wife of the son just landed a University teaching job, US History...beginning with Columbus...fascinating.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:33 am

You must not have a mirror with you under the Gasparilla Island Bridge. Trump fascist and racist extremists have already “eaten their own” and hijacked the entire Republican Party, and you’re telling the dems to watch out for extremists. Lol
PB appears to be either on Ron or Don's payroll, as his partisan hate trolling is truly prodigious.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:50 am
SCLaxAttack wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:33 am

PB appears to be either on Ron or Don's payroll, as his partisan hate trolling is truly prodigious.
There was apparently a "non-accidental" loss of life last night in the CHOP. Can't be confirmed because the police are not allowed in to investigate. This is the "trailer" for the real movie to come.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx

Return to “POLITICS”