Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ggait

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by ggait »

I don't understand your point about Real ID.

All that means is that the state driver license you'll need to fly has to meet enhanced security requirements. My state issued driver license already meets those requirements. But driver license is separate from citizenship. And flying on airplanes isn't a constitutionally protected right of a citizen.

But voting is. And the obvious point is that some citizens don't have a passport or a driver license. Also obvious that those citizens (surprise!!) trend poor and brown. Also obvious that their identity and right to vote can be verified in many ways without a diver license or passport.

So your point is...?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

I was merely drawing a parallel for the need of a gov't issued ID for "citizens" of the US, now to include flying. The means by which one can apply for and obtain one are becoming more and more easy and required to flow thru our country. So, if 11 million current illegals are in the US and any of them want to fly, their ID better be buttoned up, this adds another layer of accountability. If you couple that with voter fraud issues, we could merely swipe our ID to vote just like we do a visa card.

I was putting the puzzle together in my mind and I may have taken us off on a tangent, my apologies. I hope my explanation ties it together.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
But as it ties into this thread. If the argument to issue everyone a passport solves everything, than wouldn't that also apply to voter ID? So now REAL ID is going to refuse citizens of the USA the ability to fly; yet many feel it is not required to vote. Maybe REAL ID is the end around game?
Go to BWI and let me know how many people can board a plane today without ID.
in 2020 per the link in my earlier post:

Starting Oct. 1, 2020, every adult boarding any federally regulated aircraft — including domestic flights — will need a Real ID-compliant license or they will need to show an alternative form of identification (such as a passport, "enhanced ID," Global Entry card or other acceptable forms of ID) at security.Jan 10, 2018
When was the last time someone could get on a plane without ID? 1984?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

So many good comments here but nobody has been able to answer my original question... Who is financing this convoy of immigrants?? This takes a lot of money and a lot of co-ordination. There is a reason why this is happening right now. Thousands of people did not just spontaneously decide to hoof it thousands of miles to the USA without serious financial assistance along the way. Which means someone has a reason for wanting this to happen this close to election season? I saw a clip on Drudge earlier with a train load of M-1 tanks supposedly heading to the border. LMFAO... isn't that a tad bit of overkill there? If they decided to catapult a few billion in cash as these folks approached the border I bet all problems would be solved. salut1
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote:So many good comments here but nobody has been able to answer my original question... Who is financing this convoy of immigrants?? This takes a lot of money and a lot of co-ordination. There is a reason why this is happening right now. Thousands of people did not just spontaneously decide to hoof it thousands of miles to the USA without serious financial assistance along the way. Which means someone has a reason for wanting this to happen this close to election season? I saw a clip on Drudge earlier with a train load of M-1 tanks supposedly heading to the border. LMFAO... isn't that a tad bit of overkill there? If they decided to catapult a few billion in cash as these folks approached the border I bet all problems would be solved. salut1
A buddy’s kid is on the way. Father can’t believe the waste of time and money.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

ggait wrote:I don't understand your point about Real ID.

All that means is that the state driver license you'll need to fly has to meet enhanced security requirements. My state issued driver license already meets those requirements. But driver license is separate from citizenship. And flying on airplanes isn't a constitutionally protected right of a citizen.

But voting is. And the obvious point is that some citizens don't have a passport or a driver license. Also obvious that those citizens (surprise!!) trend poor and brown. Also obvious that their identity and right to vote can be verified in many ways without a diver license or passport.

So your point is...?
This is utter nonsense. (poor and brown ) What proof do you have of this? Got a sister who didn't get her drivers license until she was 28. Georgetown Law school grad and family worth some coin. She's just a closet pretend liberal drunk, but wealthy. Same for Block island uncle, apparently I get the house when he dies. He has never driven. Ever. He's a lawyer too. That's all I got, I guess. I don't have a license, but not because I am poor ;)

State ID's are only a few bucks......but who cares, the poor can't afford to fly anyway. (how do poor brown lacrosse players visit schools......or is it just basketball and football that are poor? I guess Trevon Diggs and Ritchie Pettibone carpool from Maryland to Alabama. All them other brown kids too who live far away from home that attend college. Is that an N$aa violation, paying for a state ID, non driving?

bet all those poor brown folks have cable and cell phones. you wanna bet?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ggait wrote:
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Paul Ryan should be focusing on holding the Majority rather than giving his opinions on Birthright Citizenship, something he knows nothing about! Our new Republican Majority will work on this, Closing the Immigration Loopholes and Securing our Border!
10:43 AM - Oct 31, 2018
ROTFLMAO

If he doesn't like Ryan's opinion, maybe Trump should ask the opinion of conservative lawyer George Conway (Kellyanne's husband). Or conservative law professor John Yoo (GWB Justice Dept and American Enterprise Institute). Or conservative 5th Circuit Federal Judge James Ho (Trump appointee). They each know a lot about this!

Even Jon Turley thinks an exec order is silly -- you need at least Congressional legislation to properly trigger the court challenge (which challenge would be a Hail Mary pass even with this GOP majority SCOTUS).

GMAFB

Trump is just desperate. He knows he is losing and is constantly send out chaff.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote:
ggait wrote:I don't understand your point about Real ID.

So your point is...?
This is utter nonsense. (poor and brown ) What proof do you have of this? Got a sister who didn't get her drivers license until she was 28. Georgetown Law school grad and family worth some coin. She's just a closet pretend liberal drunk, but wealthy. Same for Block island uncle, apparently I get the house when he dies. He has never driven. Ever. He's a lawyer too. That's all I got, I guess. I don't have a license, but not because I am poor ;)

State ID's are only a few bucks......but who cares, the poor can't afford to fly anyway. (how do poor brown lacrosse players visit schools......or is it just basketball and football that are poor? I guess Trevon Diggs and Ritchie Pettibone carpool from Maryland to Alabama. All them other brown kids too who live far away from home that attend college. Is that an N$aa violation, paying for a state ID, non driving?

bet all those poor brown folks have cable and cell phones. you wanna bet?
Even the homeless in NYC have cell phones. They camp out at public charging stations....pretends!

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/10/10 ... attan/amp/

Saw this guy in Maui last week.
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote:
Be honest, was your friends hotel hiring illegals? b/c paper, or electronic, they require the same information.
Sure he was. As were all of his competitors. As do most employers in the service and construction industries.

The employees provide, and the employers accept, paper documents that pass plausible deniability. That is precisely how millions of illegals work ON THE BOOKS and how those illegals many billions of payroll taxes each year. Some illegals even pay income taxes.

I know you know all of this Randy. Paper based verification for employment is a core component of our long-standing policy of amnesty (de facto not de jure). Amnesty has had broad bi-partisan support for forever. So long as you don't use the A-word to describe it.
Sheesh .:roll:. You're not arguing with Randy. You're right -- Randy knows all this. He's been saying the same thing.
old salt

Post by old salt »

cradleandshoot wrote: I saw a clip on Drudge earlier with a train load of M-1 tanks supposedly heading to the border. LMFAO... isn't that a tad bit of overkill there?
That's probably a stock B-roll video clip, or their outbound to board ships for the next Poland speed bump rotation.
No tanks headed for our border, just Russia's.
https://www.businessinsider.com/marines ... ime-2018-5
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-s- ... er-n577446

Bogus. Doesn't say where it's going :
https://www.infowars.com/trump-aint-pla ... to-border/
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote:
cradleandshoot wrote: I saw a clip on Drudge earlier with a train load of M-1 tanks supposedly heading to the border. LMFAO... isn't that a tad bit of overkill there?
That's probably a stock B-roll video clip, or their outbound to board ships for the next Poland speed bump rotation.
No tanks headed for our border, just Russia's.
https://www.businessinsider.com/marines ... ime-2018-5
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-s- ... er-n577446

Bogus. Doesn't say where it's going :
https://www.infowars.com/trump-aint-pla ... to-border/
Trump said he may send 15000 more troops protect our sacred border! I wonder how these guys feel: https://www.democracynow.org/2017/11/10 ... early_2016

A cum stain as CinC.
old salt

Post by old salt »

They probably wish they were deploying to TX or AZ instead, but combat troops aren't headed there.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

From my twitter feed...
twitterfeed.png
twitterfeed.png (164.97 KiB) Viewed 2007 times
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Doesn’t matter. Trump’s entered the gleefully racist portion of his close. It only gets worse.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Low information voters fall for this nonsense every time. Let's hope that there aren't ENOUGH of them this time around to perpetuate the outright fraud that has invaded our Congress...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Has Trump ever said a word about the Russian mob in America?
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Depending on your news source, there are Americans who actually believe we are going to be under "attack" from this "hoard"....what happens when some kook decides to help with the War Against Brown from his front porch, Trump going to cover his legal fees or give him a pardon.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Sad that the image is too large to show it all...the sign in the upper right corner points the way to a TRUMP RALLY...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

11:20 AM 1/11/18

Lead caravan made it to Juchitan de Zaragoza yesterday. The leaders of the caravan have been petitioning the Mexican government for buses to carry them the rest of the way. Caravan leaders now say the government has made it clear that will not happen. The caravan is now very demoralized. Large numbers of caravan members are talking about turning around and going home or taking the government up on their offer of refuge. Nonetheless, the caravan started out this morning moving on to Jalapa del Marques, some 30 miles away.

Fox News is reporting: "The leading caravan is still about 900 miles from the closest entry point into the U.S. – but their intended route remains a mystery. However, choosing Jalapa del Marques as the next stop appeared to indicate they are opting to travel via Oaxaca state's eponymous capital instead of turning north toward the Gulf coast state of Veracruz, which is a common transit route toward McAllen, Texas."

The caravan can still turn towards the Gulf once they make it to Oaxaca. This however leaves options open for moving towards McAllen, or the longer trek to San Diego. This choice of route seems a strange choice as the route passes through desert or semi-desert the last 50 miles to Oaxaca and then more desert / semi-desert leaving Oaxaca traveling north.
Last edited by jhu72 on Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Can someone post what the actual rules are for such people wishing to come to the US are?

They have to appear at some facility at or near the border and make a claim about why they feel they should be allowed into the country??

Return to “POLITICS”