2019 Fantasy Lacrosse Draft

2019 D1 Mens Fantasy Lacrosse
admin
Site Admin

Re: 2019 Fantasy Lacrosse Draft

Post by admin »

With 6 minutes to spare, FCA takes... UVA Freshman middy, Jeff Conner.

The only thing more ridiculous than Conner being available this late in the draft is FCA being the team that picks him up.

OCanada Friday, 26-Oct
PA Talk 27-Oct
ohmilax34 28-Oct
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Back to the drawing board
Last edited by OCanada on Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

OCanada wrote:UK mind if I ask where in the UK.
I’m Manchester born and bred, lived in Scotland form 18 till about 1.5 years ago and now I live in Nottingham
admin wrote:With 6 minutes to spare, FCA takes... UVA Freshman middy, Jeff Conner.

The only thing more ridiculous than Conner being available this late in the draft is FCA being the team that picks him up.

OCanada Friday, 26-Oct
PA Talk 27-Oct
ohmilax34 28-Oct
And there goes my final top 5 pick, he’s a star! And tbh it was him or Brandau, I very nearly went combers due to midfield bias, great pick
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Great Pick? Please. HOW WAS HE STILL AVAILABLE?!
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

A lot of teams NEED attackman this year. I know I do. That being said, I think this is one of the deeper drafts that we have had in a while.
PALax11

Post by PALax11 »

admin wrote:With 6 minutes to spare, FCA takes... UVA Freshman middy, Jeff Conner.

OCanada Friday, 26-Oct
PA Talk 27-Oct
ohmilax34 28-Oct
Damn. Couldn't agree more
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

UK - I spent thee weeks driving around the Highlands one year. Easily now of my top three places.

Connor - A lot of people passed because they wanted proven scorers not previously picked I assume. Then there is the question of playing time this year and maybe next. I think the starting midfield returns in tact. He won't be the Alpha unless the knee injury is still in play.

I dont see a choice. I see a lot of players I would like to have but don't see opportunity for them this year. Then there are those where only one of two or three will likely get significant PT this year and maybe next but are outstanding players. Sheesh.

I tend to avoid players I know nothing about but opportunity appears to be here and I think he has fallen far enough.

Quintin Buchmann M ND

Pat Spencer A LC
Cole Williams A JHU
Matt Gaudet A Yale
Jackson Morrill A Yale
Michael Lamon A Penn
Jake McCulloch M Cornell
Tanner Cook M UNC
Brian Tevlin M Yale
Connor DeSimone M JHU
Quintin Buchmann M ND
Brody McClean A/M Towson
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

OCanada,

I think Buchmann has fallen this far because he is literally a total unknown. What will ND do with him? He has been out all fall. Freak Athlete, but raw. Is he a stud? IS he a stud D mid? You just bought a lotto ticket. Could be the steal of the draft....could be the wrong number. We will see.
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

OCanada wrote:UK - I spent thee weeks driving around the Highlands one year. Easily now of my top three places.

Connor - A lot of people passed because they wanted proven scorers not previously picked I assume. Then there is the question of playing time this year and maybe next. I think the starting midfield returns in tact. He won't be the Alpha unless the knee injury is still in play.

I dont see a choice. I see a lot of players I would like to have but don't see opportunity for them this year. Then there are those where only one of two or three will likely get significant PT this year and maybe next but are outstanding players. Sheesh.

I tend to avoid players I know nothing about but opportunity appears to be here and I think he has fallen far enough.

Quintin Buchmann M ND
Yeah the highlands is a lovely place!!

And Buchmann might not play this year but going forward i think he will be sergio salcido 2.0.. his shots in his highlight reel are just RIDICULOUS!!!

I could have easily taken Conner and Him this draft at my slot and been super happy for sure, i just think a lot of teams have graduated some big big seniors and this class has the opportunity to fill those gaps and so the draft is deep, there's still 20 freshman available that i think will get PT this year and same with SO/Jr classes but i recon most of the elite players are gone now, maybe not all though.

I think Conner will either play on the first line as they use Conrad more in D-middy or he will lead the 2nd line and still put up 20+ points this season for virginia, whether that falls during fantasy games i dunno
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Yes, it is ridiculous that FCA gets Conner. In one fall ball article there is mention of him possibly running on the 1st middie line with Aitken and Moore. This is like when FCA got Kraus and Leclaire at the end of the 1st and beginning of the 2nd rounds a couple years ago. I am shaking my damn head.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

I didn't realize how much of a lottery ticket I bought. I have seen how he shoots so I doubt he is headed for D. Time the great maker of beers.....
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

ohmilax34 wrote:Yes, it is ridiculous that FCA gets Conner. In one fall ball article there is mention of him possibly running on the 1st middie line with Aitken and Moore. This is like when FCA got Kraus and Leclaire at the end of the 1st and beginning of the 2nd rounds a couple years ago. I am shaking my damn head.
You didn't pick him though :P Conner nearly fell to me and would have screwed up my 2nd pick if the last person in my top 5 was left!! Now i'm clear about what i have to do for 2nd pick... we could all screw over FCA and pick up nothing but defense from now and leave him with princeton :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OCanada wrote:I didn't realize how much of a lottery ticket I bought. I have seen how he shoots so I doubt he is headed for D. Time the great maker of beers.....
And yeah i recon first year he sees a few games and puts on weight in the gym and SO-SR kills it!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Buchman is an A/M with a rip of a shot. He won't play DM.

PA Talk Saturday, 27-Oct
ohmilax34 28-Oct
UK Lax 29-Oct
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

I may be wrong. ND tends to start most middies on the D side (there are exceptions). I am not saying long term, but this year. Middies are tough to draft.
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

admin wrote:Buchman is an A/M with a rip of a shot. He won't play DM.

PA Talk Saturday, 27-Oct
ohmilax34 28-Oct
UK Lax 29-Oct
Such a good highlight video, his shooting is fun to watch, hopefully ND unleash it!
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

nclaxin wrote:I may be wrong. ND tends to start most middies on the D side (there are exceptions). I am not saying long term, but this year. Middies are tough to draft.
I think most of their D middies are 6'2" 200lbs.

I didn't draft Conner with my first pick because I needed an attackman.
WeWantMoreLax

Post by WeWantMoreLax »

Speaking of picking defenses, is there a list somewhere of D's that are still available? Or a list of current rosters so I can figure it out?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Only Ds Picked thus far are Army and UMBC.

Remaining:
Towson D
OSU D
Duke D
Loyola D
Rutgers D
Notre Dame D
Hofstra D
Navy D
Princeton D
Maryland D
Yale D
Umass D
Syracuse D
PSU D
UNC D
Denver D
Fairfield D
JHU D
Upenn D
Georgetown D
Cornell D
UVA D
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

WeWantMoreLax wrote:Speaking of picking defenses, is there a list somewhere of D's that are still available? Or a list of current rosters so I can figure it out?
Bare in mind you only keep your defence for one year though not permanently
PALax11

Post by PALax11 »

One of my draft rules is if any freshman scores 7 points in any fall event I draft him. So rather than pick from a list I'm going with,,
Whit Stopak FR A Hofstra

Return to “2019 D1 MENS FANTASY LACROSSE”