York 2023

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Asgot

Re: York 2023

Post by Asgot »

I see only 8 seniors on the roster but 9 juniors. Most seniors will play but not quite as many of the Juniors will see the field.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Asgot wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:07 am I see only 8 seniors on the roster but 9 juniors. Most seniors will play but not quite as many of the Juniors will see the field.
Yea I flipped my tallies. 9 jr 8 sr.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Anyone heading down to the HCC scrimmage Saturday?
Also I’m looking for a definitive time for the actual York vs Towson scrimmage.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

I will be there on Saturday and the Towson scrimmages as far as I know are 1pm CNU 3pm Towson
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Asgot wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:29 pm I will be there on Saturday and the Towson scrimmages as far as I know are 1pm CNU 3pm Towson
Thanks!
You’ll have to give me the skinny on this weekends action, but I plan on making Towson.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

No problem
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

3 practices in, run test done, lift test done, I heard that the boys did a great job in the weight room and they look like they have not missed a beat since the fall. reports about the transfer pole are also encouraging.
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

What are we expecting to see tomorrow? First scrimmage vs Harford. Only 1 week of practice. Will we see legit starters the first qtr? First half? Or will York try to rotate a lot of different looks? Harford had some solid players last year. Just watched a video on a sophomore attack that is now playing at college park

Only seeing 15 sophomores, not 16. Are the numbers dropping? Or are they still updating the rosters?
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Jumbo wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:44 pm What are we expecting to see tomorrow? First scrimmage vs Harford. Only 1 week of practice. Will we see legit starters the first qtr? First half? Or will York try to rotate a lot of different looks? Harford had some solid players last year. Just watched a video on a sophomore attack that is now playing at college park

Only seeing 15 sophomores, not 16. Are the numbers dropping? Or are they still updating the rosters?
Sophmore Aidan DeJulius (SSDM), previously on the 23’ roster, no longer appears.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

DeepPocket wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:13 pm
Jumbo wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:44 pm What are we expecting to see tomorrow? First scrimmage vs Harford. Only 1 week of practice. Will we see legit starters the first qtr? First half? Or will York try to rotate a lot of different looks? Harford had some solid players last year. Just watched a video on a sophomore attack that is now playing at college park

Sophmore Aidan DeJulius (SSDM), previously on the 23’ roster, no longer appears.
Just happened the other day. Disappointing as I had heard he was playing better
JPAtlantic

Post by JPAtlantic »

Any updates from the Harford scrimmage today?
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

I was there. I can’t give too much details (since I only watch the offensive side)

Hartford is a good team with some talented players. Close the first qtr. York might have been up a few goals. Pulled away 2nd and into 3rd. Bench came in for last half of 3rd, 4th and 5th period. I think it was 14-7 when the bench starting coming in. Final was maybe 19-11?
Green and Clark missed the game today.

I thought they looked like a team that had only practiced a week. There were signs of great ball movement. Then signs of rusty play.
Same three at attack for most of the first 3qtrs. (4,6,28)
2,52 played the second half of game and looked good.
7,14,44 at middie. 1,22,33 mixed in rotation. 22 also rotated in some mid game and late.
23 dominated at face off
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

JPAtlantic wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:10 pm

Any updates from the Harford scrimmage today?
Jumbo covered most of it. They absolutely looked like they have being practicing for a week. Lots of drops balls, bad shots and missed defensive assignments. Greene and Clark missed today but I was told it was not injury or team related. And a couple others kids were held out for minor things. Ian McNaughton torn his ACL on the first day of practice and will miss the season.

Lots of youth on the field today 2 of the top3 attack were sophomores

5 of the top 7 middies were freshmen or sophomores.

Top 3 poles were sophomores ( Greene will be #1)

Goalie played in age order with the senior junior each getting 1 1/2 quarters and the Sophomore got the last quarter and the freshman got a short quarter. All played week in spots, freshman looked a little like a freshman today.

Fogos all dominated

Ssdm looked pretty good but that fourth spot is still going to be an issue.

Burbank, Kazella, Fischer and Palehonki will all play
Russo and Townsend on the EMO

Mentzer on MDD

Good first scrimmage lots to work on as they get ready for next week
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

I didn’t hear the story on green. But was told Clark had a committed event with his intern. Not related to lax
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

Jumbo wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:11 pm I didn’t hear the story on green. But was told Clark had a committed event with his intern. Not related to lax
Same story
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

Weather forecast for Saturday. Towson, MD. SUNNY

High 27 degrees.

I heard that York never wears sweats for games?
2laxers

Post by 2laxers »

Jumbo wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:36 pm Weather forecast for Saturday. Towson, MD. SUNNY

High 27 degrees.

Childs probably got that from his days in Lynchburg. No sweats, no tights and no sweatshirts. Maybe no long sleeves either can't remember.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Jumbo wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:36 pm Weather forecast for Saturday. Towson, MD. SUNNY

High 27 degrees.

You may be correct. I looked back at my videos from the Jan 26 2019 @ Towson scrimmage. Only sweats I saw for York were sweatpants on goalies.

It was a cold one too. Towson had guys in those sideline cloaks, and sweats on the field.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

High 27 degrees.

No sweatpants and definitely no leggings, it was crazy cold last year in Towson For this scrimmage.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

Team looked much better today than last week. They hit several posts in the first half which keep them at bay somewhat. Game played out a lot like last year close early and then CNU scored a few to go ahead while York struggled to break their ride. It was 5-2 at half and then York subbed kids and played other kids. As I said in another post York is young on offense and they were clearly working through their sets today instead of trying to go fast. I think both teams got what they wanted out of this scrimmage except in the goal where it may be Saturday morning before that decision is made and could be a battle all season as the Sophomore and Junior had good days today

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”