2022 D3 NCAA Tournament Bracket

D3 Mens Lacrosse
pcowlax

Re: 2022 D3 NCAA Tournament Bracket

Post by pcowlax »

Dutch are cooking now, obviously however at some point RIT is going on a run and putting up some goals, still think you need at least 15 to win this
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

OK this lack of a clock for the viewing audience is now very annoying.

Somebody on Union has got to make a play! They're in big trouble.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
jlibcon

Post by jlibcon »

Congrats to RIT, back to back, super impressive!
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

The Union students (fans) flipping off the camera on close ups was a little cringe. Forgot how obnoxious Fairfield County kids can be.
georgeoar394

Post by georgeoar394 »

Rit deserved to win that game…union just couldn’t figure out the zone lmao. 2 goals scored in two halves rip.
Tigerlax70

Post by Tigerlax70 »

InsiderRoll wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:42 pm The Union students (fans) flipping off the camera on close ups was a little cringe. Forgot how obnoxious Fairfield County kids can be.
I have a tremendous amount of respect for the Union lax team and they played their hearts out. Tigers just had a bit more experience in crunch time and they were able to make the defensive adjustments necessary to win. As for the Union student section, they were totally obnoxious. Forget flipping off the tv cameras, they were parading around before the game in the tailgate section, flipping off the RIT students and parents. Totally classless. The end result was even sweeter knowing these little “elitist” jerks head back to Schenectady with yet another loss to savior. For those of us who love the game of lacrosse and have been taught to respect the game and your opponent, I guess these students didn’t get the memo. Trash talking seems to be the new normal, and with today’s professional athletes taking it to a new art form, I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. Great weekend for Liberty League lacrosse and that’s how I’ll remember it.
DipNDunk

Post by DipNDunk »

Tigerlax70 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:39 pm
InsiderRoll wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 3:42 pm The Union students (fans) flipping off the camera on close ups was a little cringe. Forgot how obnoxious Fairfield County kids can be.
I have a tremendous amount of respect for the Union lax team and they played their hearts out. Tigers just had a bit more experience in crunch time and they were able to make the defensive adjustments necessary to win. As for the Union student section, they were totally obnoxious. Forget flipping off the tv cameras, they were parading around before the game in the tailgate section, flipping off the RIT students and parents. Totally classless. The end result was even sweeter knowing these little “elitist” jerks head back to Schenectady with yet another loss to savior. For those of us who love the game of lacrosse and have been taught to respect the game and your opponent, I guess these students didn’t get the memo. Trash talking seems to be the new normal, and with today’s professional athletes taking it to a new art form, I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. Great weekend for Liberty League lacrosse and that’s how I’ll remember it.
Union one of the most classless teams in the country ( behind tufts). Privileged and entitled kids giving the sport a bad look.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Maybe it’s just me, but I’m really tired of reading comments from a bunch of grown adults acting like someone slapped their mother because some college kid somewhere was annoying, or some team celebrated a goal the wrong way, or some other mundane thing happened that everyone is supposed to be offended by.

Every fanbase has annoying fans. Every team has annoying players. The constant whining about “elitism” or “classlessness” in here is wildly overdone and just completely unserious. I get that everyone has different rivalries and favorite (or least favorite) teams. Stop with the hyperbolic moralizing to justify it.
Last edited by ah23 on Mon May 30, 2022 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

As for the actual sport of lacrosse:

Thought the national championship was a great game, both teams earned their spot and deserved to win a title. Congrats to RIT for going back-to-back against a tough slate of opponents (had to laugh today when the color guy today said they also played Salisbury and Cabrini in addition to Tufts and Bowdoin :D).

Union’s shooting in the second half was….not ideal. Lost count of how many stick side high shots they fired right at Hutchinson. Spillane battling to get the faceoff balance even was also huge. Paolatto bullied him during the regular season, but Spillane brought his best today when it mattered most.

Depending on who they bring back, the Tigers will absolutely be the favorites to make it a three-peat next year. Hope Union keeps this level up - more contenders at the top is a great thing.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

ah23 wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 12:53 am Maybe it’s just me, but I’m really tired of reading comments from a bunch of grown adults acting like someone slapped their mother because some college kid somewhere was annoying, or some team celebrated a goal the wrong way, or some other mundane thing happened that everyone is supposed to be offended by.

Every fanbase has annoying fans. Every team has annoying players. The constant whining about “elitism” or “classlessness” in here is wildly overdone and just completely unserious. I get that everyone has different rivalries and favorite (or least favorite) teams. Stop with the hyperbolic moralizing to justify it.
Perhaps you should be more tired of seeing rich white kids act entitled and classless. My interactions (albeit not this year) with some of the Union players over the years both playing and coaching against them often included their players using a lot of homophobic and in one instance racist language to opposing players. In my opinion using racial and homophobic slurs is more than “annoying”. The fraternity next to field is even worse, on more than one occasion hurdling the “N word” towards opposing players. That is the culture of the college to some extent. That being said it was much worse under Wehrum in the past, he probably was too old to care or didn’t really see it. Derek is a good guy that I believe would snuff that behavior out.

I would agree with your assessment of the game, Union will remain a strong program however I believe they graduate their entire starting 6 offensive players? So taking a step back before going forward again seems likely.
RetiredLLLaxer

Post by RetiredLLLaxer »

InsiderRoll wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:08 am
ah23 wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 12:53 am Maybe it’s just me, but I’m really tired of reading comments from a bunch of grown adults acting like someone slapped their mother because some college kid somewhere was annoying, or some team celebrated a goal the wrong way, or some other mundane thing happened that everyone is supposed to be offended by.

Perhaps you should be more tired of seeing rich white kids act entitled and classless. My interactions (albeit not this year) with some of the Union players over the years both playing and coaching against them often included their players using a lot of homophobic and in one instance racist language to opposing players. In my opinion using racial and homophobic slurs is more than “annoying”. The fraternity next to field is even worse, on more than one occasion hurdling the “N word” towards opposing players. That is the culture of the college to some extent. That being said it was much worse under Wehrum in the past, he probably was too old to care or didn’t really see it. Derek is a good guy that I believe would snuff that behavior out.

I would agree with your assessment of the game, Union will remain a strong program however I believe they graduate their entire starting 6 offensive players? So taking a step back before going forward again seems likely.
Discuss what you know. This is pathetic. They're college kids. "Rich white kids act entitled and classless" ... give me a break buddy. Maybe they were just excited to support their team and had a good time well doing it. Nobody needs to hear your overly egregious opinions on college kids. Take it to your diary.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

InsiderRoll wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:08 am Perhaps you should be more tired of seeing rich white kids act entitled and classless.
I already am. I’m also tired of people overusing those terms to attack players/coaches/programs they don’t like regardless of whether the labels have any merit. I don’t think those things are mutually exclusive.
My interactions (albeit not this year) with some of the Union players over the years both playing and coaching against them often included their players using a lot of homophobic and in one instance racist language to opposing players. In my opinion using racial and homophobic slurs is more than “annoying”. The fraternity next to field is even worse, on more than one occasion hurdling the “N word” towards opposing players.
I would hope that you/others reported what you just brought up. That stuff isn’t “classless”. It’s bigotry. I’m obviously not referring to things like that given that this is the first time it’s been mentioned. I’m talking about complaining about celebrations, or backups scoring ‘too many goals’, or loud/obnoxious fans, or whatever.

Heard similar stuff on the road from fans at multiple schools when I played. It’s not a unique problem. IIRC parents reported incidents to the AD and administration at more than one road game. No idea what the outcome was to be honest, but without reporting it the problem never comes to light in the first place.

Finally…I don’t think taking a shot at Union (or any school) as a whole because of individuals/groups who go there is fair. I don’t think it makes sense to paint that broadly when talking about thousands and thousands of students and fans.
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

ah23 wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 2:38 pm
InsiderRoll wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:08 am Perhaps you should be more tired of seeing rich white kids act entitled and classless.
I already am. I’m also tired of people overusing those terms to attack players/coaches/programs they don’t like regardless of whether the labels have any merit. I don’t think those things are mutually exclusive.
My interactions (albeit not this year) with some of the Union players over the years both playing and coaching against them often included their players using a lot of homophobic and in one instance racist language to opposing players. In my opinion using racial and homophobic slurs is more than “annoying”. The fraternity next to field is even worse, on more than one occasion hurdling the “N word” towards opposing players.
I would hope that you/others reported what you just brought up. That stuff isn’t “classless”. It’s bigotry. I’m obviously not referring to things like that given that this is the first time it’s been mentioned. I’m talking about complaining about celebrations, or backups scoring ‘too many goals’, or loud/obnoxious fans, or whatever.

Heard similar stuff on the road from fans at multiple schools when I played. It’s not a unique problem. IIRC parents reported incidents to the AD and administration at more than one road game. No idea what the outcome was to be honest, but without reporting it the problem never comes to light in the first place.

Finally…I don’t think taking a shot at Union (or any school) as a whole because of individuals/groups who go there is fair. I don’t think it makes sense to paint that broadly when talking about thousands and thousands of students and fans.
100%. You can’t even blame the team for one persons making a comment.
richard

Post by richard »

Rich white kids at Union.
Sticker price at RIT is 70 grand per year.
Yeah that must be a school for the poor white kids.

Stop it.
ergit

Post by ergit »

Who cares.
It was a great championship game by two great teams. Everything else is noise…
droliver

Post by droliver »

Hard to believe the stat they kept mentioning that Union's losing streak to RIT is over 20 games now. How far back does that go?
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

I have to agree with ah23 on this one. Why do you have to throw such a broad stroke “rich white kids”

You could go to almost any basketball practice and hear the same words being throw around. Are you going to say this is a “poor black kids” problem also?
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Jumbo wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:00 am

I have to agree with ah23 on this one. Why do you have to throw such a broad stroke “rich white kids”

You could go to almost any basketball practice and hear the same words being throw around. Are you going to say this is a “poor black kids” problem also?
It’s certainly a fair thing to say I broad stroked plenty of kids with my comment, and that it is unfair. But the last part of what you posted is one of the more asinine things that’s been said.
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

From my perspective the poor behavior of kids on sidelines and parents in the stands does seem to occur more in the sport of lacrosse. I'm not sure why. I have boys that have played Football, Soccer, Basketball and Lacrosse in high school and college so I have been around them all. It's not a surprise that there is a referee shortage. Win with class!!

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”