4/21 scores:
Spalding beats Mater Dei (CA) 9-2
4/22 scores:
MSJ Beats Mater Dei (CA) 10-9.
Severn Beats Gilman 7-2.
Mr3Putt

Re: **********The MIAA "A" Conference 2022**************

Post by Mr3Putt »

KI Dock Bar wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:03 am Hey SkipPass, I am not your Pal, and I am not on social media, other than this forum. If you want to go negative, and comment on that stuff, just go there - thanks!
I think what SkipPass is saying is the Millon’s bring it on themselves. With the unnecessary videos of workouts etc for a kid in HS. He looks good, and his father was a great player. But you are going to get some heat when you show all the - look at me stuff.
JPAtlantic

Post by JPAtlantic »

Mr3Putt wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:01 am
KI Dock Bar wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:03 am Hey SkipPass, I am not your Pal, and I am not on social media, other than this forum. If you want to go negative, and comment on that stuff, just go there - thanks!
I think what SkipPass is saying is the Millon’s bring it on themselves. With the unnecessary videos of workouts etc for a kid in HS. He looks good, and his father was a great player. But you are going to get some heat when you show all the - look at me stuff.
Are there stats showing how the MIAA-A kids perform against each other?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Games on Friday:

BL @ AS - Last year's championship rematch. Lots of emotion. Gonna be a good one.
McD @ CHC - Both teams coming off emotional and tough losses. I expect this one to be a tight one. CH will be the more desperate team as they have painted themselves in a corner with the hardest part of their schedule still remaining. Could be telling where the rest of the season goes for CH.
StP @ StM - StP can really make a statement by winning this one, but StM has been tough all year.
Gil @ Sev - Game held Thu - Severn won 7-2.
JC @ LB - Loyola hosts JC for their new field dedication under the lights.
MSJ - BYE - Won over Mater Dei (CA) on Thu.
Eaglelaxer16

Post by Eaglelaxer16 »

Somebody in this thread predicted Severn would be this years Spalding. I wonder who? 8-)

McD will bounce back. We’re giving them grief for losing a one goal game to arguably the best team in the MIAA.

R-E-L-A-X

Congrats to JC I was wrong about the team not improving.
KI Dock Bar

Post by KI Dock Bar »

I love Severn and they are well positioned to make the play-offs, but I have a hard time seeing them duplicating Spalding's season from last year...that is, making it to the championship game. When was the last time Severn made the paly-offs, not counting last year of course, when everybody got in? They have a brutal stretch coming up - AS, LB, CHC, & StM.
masondixonlax

Post by masondixonlax »

Million playing like the #1 recruit today
masondixonlax

Post by masondixonlax »

Truit Sunderland with the game winner of McDonogh with 14 seconds on the clock. What a game. CHC down all game and came back from 7-3 to win 9-8. CHC playoff chances still alive
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

St. Mary's looked awesome against St. Paul's last night. SP isn't one of the best teams, but they are far from half-bad.

Could Loyola be a sleeper team? That defense is for real!!
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

St. John's High School -Washington D.C. - New Kids on the Block?

I watched that team dismantle St. Anthony's (AKA DUKE PREP). Shriver told me last Wednesday that St. John's deserved their #1 ranking. Much as I love to argue with him, he was correct and perhaps understated the case. Dominant in every aspect of the game. I didn't have an in-depth conversation with Shriver, so I have few questions about St. John's.

Do they play in the MIAA or is there a league in D.C.? In New York, there's a Catholic Schools League that includes St. Anthony's. Is there a league in Washington D.C., similar to the NYS CHSAA?

The names Boy's Latin, CHC, Loyola-Blakefield, McDonagh, St. Paul's have resonated for years. St. John's. Although in existence for over 100 years, is St. John's new to the sport?
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

St. John's High School -Washington D.C. - New Kids on the Block?

I watched that team dismantle St. Anthony's (AKA DUKE PREP). Shriver told me last Wednesday that St. John's deserved their #1 ranking. Much as I love to argue with him, he was correct and perhaps understated the case. Dominant in every aspect of the game. I didn't have an in-depth conversation with Shriver, so I have few questions about St. John's.

Do they play in the MIAA or is there a league in D.C.? In New York, there's a Catholic Schools League that includes St. Anthony's. Is there a league in Washington D.C., similar to the NYS CHSAA?

The names Boy's Latin, CHC, Loyola-Blakefield, McDonagh, St. Paul's have resonated for years. St. John's. Although in existence for over 100 years, is St. John's new to the sport?
OSVAlacrosse

Post by OSVAlacrosse »

wahoomurf wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:36 pm St. John's High School -Washington D.C. - New Kids on the Block?

St. John’s plays in the WCAC which is a good conference this year prior to some injuries Gonzaga was highly ranked Paul the Sixth and DeMatha have competitive teams but ST Johns is in a league of their own this season.
KI Dock Bar

Post by KI Dock Bar »

Stretch run begins:
4/26 4/29 5/3 5/6 5/10
St. Mary's 5-0 @ JC vs Gil vs BL @ AS (5/5) vs Sev
Severn 5-1 vs AS @ LB @ CHC @ StM
Boys' Latin 4-1 vs LB vs CHC @ StM vs MSJ (5/7) @ StP (5/12)
Spalding 3-2 @ Sev vs LB @ CHC vs StM (5/5) @ MSJ
McDonogh 3-3 @ MSJ vs StP @ JC vs Sev
Loyola 3-3 vs BL @ AS vs Sev @ CHC
Calvert Hall 2-3 @ Gil @ BL vs AS vs Sev vs LB
St. Paul's 2-4 @ McD vs JC @ Gil vs BL (5/12)
Gilman 2-3 vs CHC @ StM @ MSJ vs StP @ McD
John Carroll 2-5 vs StM @ StP vs McD
Mt. St. Joe 0-6 vs McD vs Gil @ BL (5/7) vs AS

I hope I got all these games correct - please update if necessary.

Top 6 teams make the play-offs - top 2 receive 1st round bye.
#6 seed plays at # 3 seed home field and #5 seed plays at #4 seed home field on Friday, May 13th.
Semi-final Games are on Tuesday, May 17th at Navy Marine Corps Memorial Stadium at 5:00 pm & 8:00 pm.
Championship Game is on Friday, May 20th at NMCMS at 8:00 pm.
KI Dock Bar

Post by KI Dock Bar »

That did not come out like I had hoped. This week's games:

Tuesday:
StM @ JC
LB @ BL
McD @ MSJ
AS @ Sev
CHC @ Gil

Friday:
Gil @ StM
CHC @ BL
StP @ McD
LB @ AS
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

OSVAlacrosse wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:42 pm
wahoomurf wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:36 pm St. John's High School -Washington D.C. - New Kids on the Block?

St. John’s plays in the WCAC which is a good conference this year prior to some injuries Gonzaga was highly ranked Paul the Sixth and DeMatha have competitive teams but ST Johns is in a league of their own this season.
SJ did an amazing job recruiting the 22 and 23 class. They were at summer touneys when my boy was in 7th grade
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Jumbo wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:22 pm

SJ did an amazing job recruiting the 22 and 23 class. They were at summer tourneys when my boy was in 7th grade
RECRUITING? A HIGH SCHOOL?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

wahoomurf wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:21 pm
Jumbo wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:22 pm

SJ did an amazing job recruiting the 22 and 23 class. They were at summer tourneys when my boy was in 7th grade
RECRUITING? A HIGH SCHOOL?
Yes, very common practice in the area. And some of the youth clubs are "affiliated" or seen as piplines to these high schools.
FCA- CH
Crabs- BL
Looney's- Loyola
Hawks- St Mary's/Spalding
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Maryland's Best Games in the next 3 days:
1 Severn School vs Archbishop Spalding 4/26/2022
2 Loyola-Blakefield vs Boys Latin 4/26/2022
3 St Marys Annapolis vs John Carroll 4/26/2022
4 Gilman vs Calvert Hall 4/26/2022
5 Severna Park vs Landon 4/26/2022
6 Mount St Joseph vs McDonogh 4/26/2022
7 Marriotts Ridge vs Catonsville 4/27/2022
8 St Johns College HS vs Good Counsel 4/26/2022
9 Walter Johnson vs Sherwood 4/26/2022
10 Heights vs DeMatha 4/26/2022
11 South River vs Huntingtown 4/27/2022
12 Towson vs Patterson Mill 4/25/2022
13 River Hill vs Mount Hebron 4/27/2022
14 Severna Park vs Northeast 4/27/2022
15 Manchester Valley vs Dulaney 4/26/2022
16 Patterson Mill vs CM Wright 4/27/2022
17 River Hill vs Glenelg HS 4/25/2022
18 Glenelg HS vs Centennial 4/27/2022
19 Marriotts Ridge vs Centennial 4/25/2022
20 Wootton vs Winston Churchill 4/27/2022
21 Liberty vs Century 4/26/2022
22 St Marys Ryken vs Gonzaga 4/26/2022
23 Walkersville vs Middletown 4/26/2022
24 Queen Annes County vs Parkside 4/27/2022
25 Poolesville vs Blair 4/25/2022
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

Kevin Plank of Under Armour is an alum and a big supporter of St. John’s. In 2015 he made a gift of $16 million to the school. No doubt that has helped them do some things which would attract talented athletes (potentially, even, away from Georgetown Prep the long time local power from which he had earlier been expelled).
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Congrats to Jude Brown (John Carroll School, MD) for breaking St Mary's College of MD's all-time assists record, previously held by SMCM HoF-er, Dave Mueller '06 (North County HS). Especially impressive that he did it with a much-shortened '20 Covid season.

Lots of MIAA products and familiar names on that St Mary's roster.

https://smcmathletics.com/news/2022/4/2 ... inson.aspx

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”