Georgetown 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Jldlax

Re: Georgetown 2022

Post by Jldlax »

rolldodge wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:56 pm
HGK wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:44 pm Good point rolldodge. I love Smith and his off ball and ground ball game. Donaldson has quietly been a brick wall so far. That might be the call.
On the other hand, just remembering that Bowen was able to contain Epstein...

Should be a great game!
With respect to whether Bowen will cover Kavanaugh, I wonder if he covered him when UNC played ND?
10 10 2

Post by 10 10 2 »

Jldlax wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:21 pm
With respect to whether Bowen will cover Kavanaugh, I wonder if he covered him when UNC played ND?
He did.
HGK

Post by HGK »

Assume Warne puts Bowen on Kavanagh to start. 1a on 1a. If matchup doesn’t work Hoyas have 2 great options to go to.

Offensively Hoyas matching up against another great defense. Fact that game is scheduled outside now is helpful as allows for us to push transition more than in bubble. 6 V 6 vs ND defense will be a tough chore.

I’ll say 12-11 final and won’t jinx it by picking a winner.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

fordmaddoxford wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:56 pm
rolldodge wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:17 pm
HGK wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:11 pm Will be interesting to see if the game is outdoors which I don’t think favors Hoyas but indoors definitely favors ND. Away from that I think you have two elite goalies, very good offenses and the difference just may be Bowen vs Kavanagh, similar to Penn and Handley.
Hopefully not indoors. IMHO that facility gives ND an unfair home field advantage.

I have a feeling Kavanagh is going to be a tougher assignment than Handley. Handley's size matched well with Bowen's, allowing him to get his hands on him more easily. Kavanagh is smaller and more slippery. I even wonder if Bowen will cover him, or if they will try a smaller, quicker guy like Smith or Donaldson.
High of 34F. predicted for lovely South Bend IN tomorrow. Look for the game to be played in their Quonset hut giving them a big advantage.
low double digit winds, but i'd expect it to be outside. i've been wrong.
HGK

Post by HGK »

Georgetown Hopkins was 33 and snowing. 34 and low winds sounds like outside weather in February hopefully
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

HGK wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:17 pm Georgetown Hopkins was 33 and snowing. 34 and low winds sounds like outside weather in February hopefully
From pregame warmup pics, looks like outdoors.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

So … GT isn’t too bad this year.

DocBarrister ;)

P.S. Regarding the FloSport scam that GT shamefully enables, after much complaining to FloSports (canceled the subscription) and to my bank, I got $138 refunded from the original $150 charge.
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Owen McElroy is amazing. Without a doubt the best goalie in college lacrosse.

DocBarrister :shock: :o
@DocBarrister
random observer

Post by random observer »

Georgetown has had me scratching my head in this second half with their lack of usage of their timeouts. Twice a Georgetown player has come up with a gb looking dead to rights in a swarm of ND players on the sidelines and Warne has just sat by idly watching the triple team unfold.
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

random observer wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:59 pm Georgetown has had me scratching my head in this second half with their lack of usage of their timeouts. Twice a Georgetown player has come up with a gb looking dead to rights in a swarm of ND players on the sidelines and Warne has just sat by idly watching the triple team unfold.
Exactly right. KW taking one back to D.C. with him.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

random observer wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:59 pm Georgetown has had me scratching my head in this second half with their lack of usage of their timeouts. Twice a Georgetown player has come up with a gb looking dead to rights in a swarm of ND players on the sidelines and Warne has just sat by idly watching the triple team unfold.
Could not agree more. Was so clear to call a timeout on that last scrum when the game was still close.
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

DocBarrister wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:59 pm Owen McElroy is amazing. Without a doubt the best goalie in college lacrosse.

24 saves 11 goals. Not a bad day’s work.
Gorilla Fan

Post by Gorilla Fan »

Haven’t watched the game.. But do you understand where timeouts can be called in college lacrosse?
?
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

rolldodge wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:08 pm
Could not agree more. Was so clear to call a timeout on that last scrum when the game was still close.
Doesn’t GT need to cross into the box to call a timeout?

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

fordmaddoxford wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:08 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:59 pm Owen McElroy is amazing. Without a doubt the best goalie in college lacrosse.

24 saves 11 goals. Not a bad day’s work.
Yep … mere 0.686 save percentage for the day. Give him an extra serving from the postgame buffet.

GT also dominated on face offs. Notre Dame’s caused turnovers kept the Irish in the game.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

DocBarrister wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:10 pm

DocBarrister
Not sure. I thought it was just that you had to be in offensive end.
Gorilla Fan

Post by Gorilla Fan »

rolldodge wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:14 pm

DocBarrister
Yeah, it’s problematic across lacrosse “fans”. Look at that Brown thread, same…

Where you can call a timeout has been consistent since the implementation of the shot clock.

Usually you hear bickering from freshman parents who don’t know college rules
molo

Post by molo »

Missed the first half but credit to GT for thwarting the comeback attempt.
Jldlax

Post by Jldlax »

DocBarrister
The rule:

During play, team timeouts may be called...only when the player in
possession of the ball has contact with the ground with at least one foot in
contact with the ground on or across the restraining line in the offensive end
of the field

Warne not at fault, credit ND for hustle in getting those GBs! Everyone wins...

Gutsy ND comeback, but too high a hill to climb. Late Morin goal was a dagger.
Last edited by Jldlax on Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

Gorilla Fan wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:25 pm
rolldodge wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:14 pm

DocBarrister
Yeah, it’s problematic across lacrosse “fans”. Look at that Brown thread, same…

Where you can call a timeout has been consistent since the implementation of the shot clock.

Usually you hear bickering from freshman parents who don’t know college rules
So what is the rule? I’ve never been clear on it, don’t think that puts my fan hood in quotes. lol. Is it offensive end or do you need to get it past restraining line?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”