University of Maryland Terrapins

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: University of Maryland Terrapins

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

admin wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:30 pm People, talk lacrosse, don't talk about, go after each other...
Thank you 🙏🏼
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

admin wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:30 pm People, talk lacrosse, don't talk about, go after each other...
thank you!
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:22 pm
Bart wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:18 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:51 am I have no interest in being a cast member in the FanLax version of the Hatfields versus the McCoys. I also have no interest in explaining myself when the person asking the questions or making the charges is accusatory. No interest whatsoever.

So, going forward, if you have a problem with what I write and assume you can look inside my heart and dissect my ulterior motives, please refer all complaints, issues, flags and reports to admin. He is very easy to get a hold of. Merely press or click the exclamation point found at the upper right of the offending post and admin will be notified immediately. Easy as can beazy.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You crack me up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Your assessment of my ability to draw laughter is of absolutely no interest to me. Please try to refrain from tagging/quoting me going forward. Thanks much.
was this one using the sarcastica font?
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

LarryGamLax wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:22 pm I am still trying to understand why it would take a player more than a year to see if the athletic aspect of their college career is going to work out at her chosen school.

Here's my stance on this : if a player is not getting decent(15-25 mins) playing time regularly in her Freshman year, the handwriting is on the wall. If a player sees during their Freshman year that the next class has several players that play the same position, then the handwriting is on the wall. It's sad, but this is reality. I have no quims at all in telling a player that they should look at their situation and really their surroundings and be realistic.

I don't know about others, but I absolutely hate to see players get in over their heads by making emotional and low informed decisions. I feel that Clubs don't do enough or are honest enough when it comes to player evaluations. What do I mean by that? I have seen so many players over the years at a lot of tournaments. They range from outstanding to below average. Most players I see are D2 and D3 level players. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG with that at all. Everyone cannot play at the D1 level and they should not be made to feel less than when they play at the other 2 levels. I have NEVER been just a D1 supporter in any of the sports I have trained athletes in. I support all 3 as much as I can because the players appreciate that and I enjoy seeing them grow as athletes and people.

My thing to athletes is to know your worth and don't be so proud that you can't admit to making a mistake or that you made a poor choice. However, if an athlete really likes their situation and does not care about being on the field, then stay and enjoy your college experience.
Larry - Man, I hate to be your editor....but I think you meant qualms and not quims???? :o :oops:
Bart

Post by Bart »

Dr. Tact wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:12 pm
LarryGamLax wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:22 pm I am still trying to understand why it would take a player more than a year to see if the athletic aspect of their college career is going to work out at her chosen school.

Here's my stance on this : if a player is not getting decent(15-25 mins) playing time regularly in her Freshman year, the handwriting is on the wall. If a player sees during their Freshman year that the next class has several players that play the same position, then the handwriting is on the wall. It's sad, but this is reality. I have no quims at all in telling a player that they should look at their situation and really their surroundings and be realistic.

I don't know about others, but I absolutely hate to see players get in over their heads by making emotional and low informed decisions. I feel that Clubs don't do enough or are honest enough when it comes to player evaluations. What do I mean by that? I have seen so many players over the years at a lot of tournaments. They range from outstanding to below average. Most players I see are D2 and D3 level players. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG with that at all. Everyone cannot play at the D1 level and they should not be made to feel less than when they play at the other 2 levels. I have NEVER been just a D1 supporter in any of the sports I have trained athletes in. I support all 3 as much as I can because the players appreciate that and I enjoy seeing them grow as athletes and people.

My thing to athletes is to know your worth and don't be so proud that you can't admit to making a mistake or that you made a poor choice. However, if an athlete really likes their situation and does not care about being on the field, then stay and enjoy your college experience.
Larry - Man, I hate to be your editor....but I think you meant qualms and not quims???? :o :oops:
:shock: I’d think so…….
OuttaNowhereWregget

Dr. Tact wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:08 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:51 am I have no interest in being a cast member in the FanLax version of the Hatfields versus the McCoys. I also have no interest in explaining myself when the person asking the questions or making the charges is accusatory. No interest whatsoever.

So, going forward, if you have a problem with what I write and assume you can look inside my heart and dissect my ulterior motives, please refer all complaints, issues, flags and reports to admin. He is very easy to get a hold of. Merely press or click the exclamation point found at the upper right of the offending post and admin will be notified immediately. Easy as can beazy.
Your assessment of my ability to draw laughter is of absolutely no interest to me. Please try to refrain from tagging/quoting me going forward. Thanks much.
Nothing sarcastic meant or implied. I really don’t wish to engage in personal point/counterpoint on these boards, so I made the request.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Between quims and perineal Larry's typos seem to all focus on a certain area of the female anatomy. :lol: :shock:
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

hmmm wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:23 pm
Between quims and perineal Larry's typos seem to all focus on a certain area of the female anatomy. :lol: :shock:
Yeah...I wasnt going to ask about that.... :twisted:
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:23 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:08 pm

Nothing sarcastic meant or implied. I really don’t wish to engage in personal point/counterpoint on these boards, so I made the request.
It was just funny.....it made me laugh....you can engage with certain folks,or not, but the "assessment of my ability to draw laughter is of absolutely no interest to me." gave me a grin. Here is where you go full on Tommy Devito to Henry Hill......
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

hmmm wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:23 pm

you guys did it to me again - i now have to google quims

live edit, probably should not have used the work computer for that search... :shock:
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Here's my stance on this : if a player is not getting decent(15-25 mins) playing time regularly in her Freshman year, the handwriting is on the wall. If a player sees during their Freshman year that the next class has several players that play the same position, then the handwriting is on the wall. It's sad, but this is reality. I have no qualms at all in telling a player that they should look at their situation and really their surroundings and be realistic.

I meant to change that. Thanks...for embarrassing me. :lol:
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

LarryGamLax wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:12 pm
that's why I am here.... :D
OuttaNowhereWregget

Dr. Tact wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:32 pm It was just funny.....it made me laugh....you can engage with certain folks,or not, but the "assessment of my ability to draw laughter is of absolutely no interest to me." gave me a grin. Here is where you go full on Tommy Devito to Henry Hill......
I hear you. There are members on here who regularly crack me up for two reasons. One--they're just plain funny. They could write humor. And Two--they write so well at times that I just have to grin or chuckle. I suppose I should allow for a Third which is sarcasm. Larry is pretty good with that as is DMac. Lot of good writers on these boards to enjoy.

I didn't quite catch the Goodfellas reference though I've see it a good 10 times or so.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:02 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:32 pm It was just funny.....it made me laugh....you can engage with certain folks,or not, but the "assessment of my ability to draw laughter is of absolutely no interest to me." gave me a grin. Here is where you go full on Tommy Devito to Henry Hill......
I hear you. There are members on here who regularly crack me up for two reasons. One--they're just plain funny. They could write humor. And Two--they write so well at times that I just have to grin or chuckle. I suppose I should allow for a Third which is sarcasm. Larry is pretty good with that as is DMac. Lot of good writers on these boards to enjoy.

I didn't quite catch the Goodfellas reference though I've see it a good 10 times or so.
you think I'm Funny???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d2LAs-WL_4
OuttaNowhereWregget

Dr. Tact wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:29 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:02 pm

you think I'm Funny???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d2LAs-WL_4
OH! Right. Now I gotcha.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

LarryGamLax wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:12 pm

Here's my stance on this : if a player is not getting decent(15-25 mins) playing time regularly in her Freshman year, the handwriting is on the wall. If a player sees during their Freshman year that the next class has several players that play the same position, then the handwriting is on the wall. It's sad, but this is reality. I have no qualms at all in telling a player that they should look at their situation and really their surroundings and be realistic.

I'm dying....thank you for resurrecting this thread. :lol:
DMac

Post by DMac »

Larry, your slips are five star, classics, and the very best of Freudian Slips.
With all the educated folk that hang out here, any chance we have a psychologist?
I'd really like to hear the evaluation here. ;)
OuttaNowhereWregget

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:05 am Yet another departure from College Park...

Defender Emma Schettig transferred to Notre Dame in 2020 after first year
Defender Catherine Flaherty in '21 to Florida after sophomore year
Attacker Madison Rielly in '21 also to Florida as redshirt junior
Defender Maddy Sesay in '21 to Richmond as redshirt first year
Attacker Avery Jaffe in '21 to Stony Brook after first year

...hence "yet another"

I'm not sure if there have been others since 2020 but that's 6 outgoing transfers from Terpville. I don't know if other top 10 programs lost that many to outgoing. I know there has been a decent amount of outgoings at Syracuse, as well.
OuttaNowhereWregget

8meterPA wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:16 pm I'm really surprised how quickly MD has fallen, didn't seem that long ago they were dominant. I haven't been following their recruiting classes but obviously have had several down years.

They are not a top 10 team...top 20 maybe.
This observation held true through the rest of 2021. It will be interesting to see if it will apply in 2022.
Bart

Post by Bart »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:15 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:05 am Yet another departure from College Park...

Defender Emma Schettig transferred to Notre Dame in 2020 after first year
Defender Catherine Flaherty in '21 to Florida after sophomore year
Attacker Madison Rielly in '21 also to Florida as redshirt junior
Defender Maddy Sesay in '21 to Richmond as redshirt first year
Attacker Avery Jaffe in '21 to Stony Brook after first year

...hence "yet another"

I'm not sure if there have been others since 2020 but that's 6 outgoing transfers from Terpville. I don't know if other top 10 programs lost that many to outgoing. I know there has been a decent amount of outgoings at Syracuse, as well.
I would think the advent of the transfer portal easing the movement of players plays into this. The ease of movement from one program to another may make this type of roster turnover endemic.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”