Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Racism in America- Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

More history not taught in schools:

“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1267131271953747969

white guys pushing blacks onto cops and then dropping back in order to avoid any contact
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:22 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:19 pm
a fan wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 2:14 pm BTW, my facebook feed this morning is FILLED with policemen kneeling in front of protesters. Policemen hugging protesters. Policemen holding signs saying "end police brutality".

Hope.
I have been saying this same thing for a very long time. 97.5 % of all police officers just want to protect and serve. I don't know how many millions of interactions police have with african americans and other minorities every year and every single day for that matter. No one dies, no one gets beat up, no one goes to jail what happens is dedicated police officers try to treat every situation they come across with compassion and humanity. Then one stupid ignorant ill trained police officer destroys all of the hard work of so many police officers in this nation. One effing stupid cop has destroyed everything so many cops have worked so hard to establish with the people they serve... TRUST. I feel bad for all of the men and women in law enforcement today. They bust their ass to negate the stereotype of police and at the blink of an eye, whatever good has been accomplished is gone by the wayside. One STUPID EFFING COP. I hope the piece of sheepdip is watching all the carnage he created along with 3 fellow alleged officers of the law. You people are trained to be professionals you failed every single law enforcement officer in this nation with your dereliction of your sworn oath to uphold the lawn. I hope you get everything you deserve when a jury of your peers convicts you of murder and sends your worthless, pathetic ass to jail for the rest of your life. :evil:
Yup...The people most mad at the bad cops......the good cops.
I’m going to guess the families of murdered civilians by bad cops are probably a bit angrier than good cops, but your point is taken.

Problem is even a lot of “good cops” are just guys who got the beat job they could out of HS, often due to a family relationship. So they may be fine people but are also human,some hot heads,some/many poorly trained and just shouldn’t have the authority to take ones freedom away temporarily let alone be endowed with the lawful use of lethal force.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:47 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:22 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:19 pm
a fan wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 2:14 pm BTW, my facebook feed this morning is FILLED with policemen kneeling in front of protesters. Policemen hugging protesters. Policemen holding signs saying "end police brutality".

Hope.
I have been saying this same thing for a very long time. 97.5 % of all police officers just want to protect and serve. I don't know how many millions of interactions police have with african americans and other minorities every year and every single day for that matter. No one dies, no one gets beat up, no one goes to jail what happens is dedicated police officers try to treat every situation they come across with compassion and humanity. Then one stupid ignorant ill trained police officer destroys all of the hard work of so many police officers in this nation. One effing stupid cop has destroyed everything so many cops have worked so hard to establish with the people they serve... TRUST. I feel bad for all of the men and women in law enforcement today. They bust their ass to negate the stereotype of police and at the blink of an eye, whatever good has been accomplished is gone by the wayside. One STUPID EFFING COP. I hope the piece of sheepdip is watching all the carnage he created along with 3 fellow alleged officers of the law. You people are trained to be professionals you failed every single law enforcement officer in this nation with your dereliction of your sworn oath to uphold the lawn. I hope you get everything you deserve when a jury of your peers convicts you of murder and sends your worthless, pathetic ass to jail for the rest of your life. :evil:
Yup...The people most mad at the bad cops......the good cops.
I’m going to guess the families of murdered civilians by bad cops are probably a bit angrier than good cops, but your point is taken.

Problem is even a lot of “good cops” are just guys who got the beat job they could out of HS, often due to a family relationship. So they may be fine people but are also human,some hot heads,some/many poorly trained and just shouldn’t have the authority to take ones freedom away temporarily let alone be endowed with the lawful use of lethal force.
One of my childhood friends and high school teammates is a retired cop. Joined the force right out of HS. Just the type of guy you would have expected to be a cop. Always had a certain mentality. Not a bad guy but the type of guy that would be into telling people what to do.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sun May 31, 2020 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Failed the state trooper exam, limited neck, about 2-4 inches below the male adult average, tight fade to hairstyle?

There’s a couple in my hometown I grew up with who are raging alcoholics, definitely use force beyond necessary, one even have taken down a HS/sub. 18yr old girl or two as an adult officer. Both had fathers on the force.

I met a guy once, Irish kid who was a cop in the Bronx. Some kind of relation like second cousin to long term girlfriend I had back then who grew up in Bainbridge/Kingsbridge part of the Bronx. We were all at some bar, back then rumors of Shane McGowan from the pogues supposedly showing up, like the Irish version of Tupac, and talking about some jerkoff and this guy explains to me how to create a car bomb. He was a second generation cop who barely scraped through Hs. Not necessarily a bad guy, maybe a little racist, all those folks were (1st & 2nd gen Irish in and around NYC), but there’s a ton of cops like these two examples. That the bar is this low to allow sovereign provided lethal force and ability to remove someone else’s freedom is a structural problem that would exist without the race element that is layered on top in many of these killings.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Curfew order says you can be outside on your property.... Light 'em up

6x6

Post by 6x6 »

FFG/TLD, many agencies have stiffer requirements these days. Most I’m aware of require you be at least 21 by the time you graduate from the academy. Some also require 60 hours of college, which is waived if you’re a veteran.

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/nypd/careers/ ... iring.page

Minneapolis PD, requires an Associates degree or 5 yrs le experience or military service. Their academy training seems pretty light though, only 16 weeks.

San Fran seems like the place to be. Starting pay $90k, seven years in $135k. Of course you’ll probably have a commute of 2-3 hours to find an affordable home.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Woman out shopping for groceries in Dallas gets shot in the face by police with pellets / rubber bullets (they're supposed to be targeting center mass):

Lots of people cleaning up the streets after looters, but not much reporting on it.
a fan

Post by a fan »

One of the more bizarre things about this whole thing....and I didn't notice until Dan Rather mentioned it....

Trump hasn't done a prime time address to the nation about this event.

Speaks volumes, sadly. And on multiple, multiple levels.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

6x6 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:35 pm FFG/TLD, many agencies have stiffer requirements these days. Most I’m aware of require you be at least 21 by the time you graduate from the academy. Some also require 60 hours of college, which is waived if you’re a veteran.

Minneapolis PD, requires an Associates degree or 5 yrs le experience or military service. Their academy training seems pretty light though, only 16 weeks.

San Fran seems like the place to be. Starting pay $90k, seven years in $135k. Of course you’ll probably have a commute of 2-3 hours to find an affordable home.
Good to see higher standards exist even if many are still grandfathered in, and I suspect smaller communities are less rigorous in general, but maybe even those standards aren’t enough for the responsibilities of the job?

And $90k in SF is low income of course. My brother in law makes a shade under $100k as admin management at Cal Berkeley (manages a small department or two in social sciences school) and my sister makes around $50k as a pre school teacher at a high end Jewish pre school and they are fairly broke out there. (that’s what a MA in Drama will get you, turned down a job at NYU working for Julie Taymor to go stage direct at Berkeley Rep theatre around 1990, never cleared $100k doing that, became a full time mom for more than a decade, went back to get a MAt or whatever at some joint called Mills College so now 2 masters and makes $50k)
Typical Lax Dad

6x6 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:35 pm FFG/TLD, many agencies have stiffer requirements these days. Most I’m aware of require you be at least 21 by the time you graduate from the academy. Some also require 60 hours of college, which is waived if you’re a veteran.

Thanks. I know one SF cop. He is independently wealthy and definitely doing it out of a commitment to public service. I have a friend in that’s a police officer in a nearby Trumpland town.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:23 pm Failed the state trooper exam, limited neck, about 2-4 inches below the male adult average, tight fade to hairstyle?

There’s a couple in my hometown I grew up with who are raging alcoholics, definitely use force beyond necessary, one even have taken down a HS/sub. 18yr old girl or two as an adult officer. Both had fathers on the force.

I met a guy once, Irish kid who was a cop in the Bronx. Some kind of relation like second cousin to long term girlfriend I had back then who grew up in Bainbridge/Kingsbridge part of the Bronx. We were all at some bar, back then rumors of Shane McGowan from the pogues supposedly showing up, like the Irish version of Tupac, and talking about some jerkoff and this guy explains to me how to create a car bomb. He was a second generation cop who barely scraped through Hs. Not necessarily a bad guy, maybe a little racist, all those folks were (1st & 2nd gen Irish in and around NYC), but there’s a ton of cops like these two examples. That the bar is this low to allow sovereign provided lethal force and ability to remove someone else’s freedom is a structural problem that would exist without the race element that is layered on top in many of these killings.
I had a college girlfriend from the Bronx. There were some beauties up there....Another was from Cambria Heights, Queens. Just stunning.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:18 pm One of the more bizarre things about this whole thing....and I didn't notice until Dan Rather mentioned it....

Trump hasn't done a prime time address to the nation about this event.

Speaks volumes, sadly. And on multiple, multiple levels.
He was duly elected. The people who voted for him knew this when they pulled the lever....
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

holmes435 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:14 pm Woman out shopping for groceries in Dallas gets shot in the face by police with pellets / rubber bullets (they're supposed to be targeting center mass):

Lots of people cleaning up the streets after looters, but not much reporting on it.
I truly feel bad for this girl but....

Am I an 8th circle level hell type of person because I quickly noticed that she didn’t have a ring on,had a decent body and was trying to figure out if she was cute when cleaned up without the blood?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:42 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:23 pm Failed the state trooper exam, limited neck, about 2-4 inches below the male adult average, tight fade to hairstyle?

I had a college girlfriend from the Bronx. There were some beauties up there....Another was from Cambria Heights, Queens. Just stunning.
I didn’t appreciate the Puerto Rican girls up there enough at the time, though happy to report this girl a dated for close to 2.5yrs was a smoking hot blonde Irish girl who was born up there then move out to Pearl River (Rockland Co) when she was in middle/hs). Just ultimately didn’t work out as she had a bunch of family issues from her mother dying of stomach cancer when she was 17 and her dad being a functional emotionless alcoholic (mom and dad met in NY but came off the boat from Co Kerry when they were 18 in the 1960s) which she picked up like blacking out a lot and some depression. The trashy hot Yonkers italian girl in tight jeans with the door knocker earrings were great too.

I mean all areas have beautiful women, some of the borough chicks may be underrated though. Except Staten Island. There’s nothing underrated in or about state to island except for estimates of the proportion of their population that has 2 or more STDs.
calourie

Post by calourie »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/op-ed-kareem ... 01673.html

Here's a pretty good piece revealing the perspective on the recent racial explosion through the eyes and words of Kareem Abdul Jabbar.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 7:02 pm Trump supporters applaud police engaging in this criminal activity:

https://twitter.com/nataliealund/status ... 2Fpage-193

destroying property out in the open

Tactic looks like they're cutting off their 'supply lines'.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:48 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:42 pm

I didn’t appreciate the Puerto Rican girls up there enough at the time, though happy to report this girl a dated for close to 2.5yrs was a smoking hot blonde Irish girl who was born up there then move out to Pearl River (Rockland Co) when she was in middle/hs). Just ultimately didn’t work out as she had a bunch of family issues from her mother dying of stomach cancer when she was 17 and her dad being a functional emotionless alcoholic (mom and dad met in NY but came off the boat from Co Kerry when they were 18 in the 1960s) which she picked up like blacking out a lot and some depression. The trashy hot Yonkers italian girl in tight jeans with the door knocker earrings were great too.

I mean all areas have beautiful women, some of the borough chicks may be underrated though. Except Staten Island. There’s nothing underrated in or about state to island except for estimates of the proportion of their population that has 2 or more STDs.
:lol:
“I wish you would!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

What a revealing page of posts.

Farfromgeneva
Typical Lax Dad
6x6
Brooklyn
et al...

All know cops but wouldn't want their sisters to date one.

Cops are Alcoholic power hungry failures unable to do anything else with their lives.

Illiterate Fascists with a badge.

I can hear you all chuckling under your breath at cocktail parties when someone mentions "first responders."
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Has anyone thought that bad cops remain cops because the police unions protect them? I am for zero tolerance policing, but it has to go both ways.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx

Return to “POLITICS”