Here we go again with the Face Off

D1 Mens Lacrosse
NElaxtalent

Re: Here we go again with the Face Off

Post by NElaxtalent »

While I agree that constant rule tinkering is frustrating, the evolving plastic and inability to regulate it has the rules committee searching for other solutions. From wooden heads thru the stiff plastic heads of the mid-2000s, no one envisioned the heads could get used like salad tongs.

That said, simply enforce withholding on FOs.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Enforce withholding and changes aren’t needed. Don’t enforce withholding and changes won’t matter.
NElaxtalent

Post by NElaxtalent »

pcowlax wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:09 pm Enforce withholding and changes aren’t needed. Don’t enforce withholding and changes won’t matter.
+1 Fwiw I completely forgot. The recommendation WAS to make enforcing FO withholding a point of emphasis for 2021. I have no idea if yesterday's decision reflects that since it isn't an actual rule change.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

NElaxtalent wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:35 pm
pcowlax wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:09 pm Enforce withholding and changes aren’t needed. Don’t enforce withholding and changes won’t matter.
+1 Fwiw I completely forgot. The recommendation WAS to make enforcing FO withholding a point of emphasis for 2021. I have no idea if yesterday's decision reflects that since it isn't an actual rule change.
that's funny. if it wan't so funny.
NElaxtalent

Post by NElaxtalent »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:32 pm
NElaxtalent wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:35 pm
that's funny. if it wan't so funny.
Really depends on the NCAA referee's/rules conference call this Fall. If it gets emphasized there, then it'll be seen on the field. I have my doubts.
NElaxtalent

Post by NElaxtalent »

wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

NElaxtalent wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:39 pm PLL Wing GBs- Winners vs Losers

https://twitter.com/jake_wattz/status/1 ... 08257?s=19
so did they go with pll rules and a lot of player input or nah?
raddadsofficial

Post by raddadsofficial »

Withers showing how effective SNG can be in today's PLL game. On the other hand, lots of withholding from Baptiste and other knee down guys pre-exit
a global lifestyle movement and fashion house for Dads of extraordinary taste.
🏆 '16, '18, '21 & '22 NYC Fall, '19 SF Winter & '19 Boulder Spring ULAX " World Champions " 🏆
https://linktr.ee/raddadsofficial
instagram: @raddadsofficial
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

raddadsofficial wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:03 pm Withers showing how effective SNG can be in today's PLL game. On the other hand, lots of withholding from Baptiste and other knee down guys pre-exit
why didn't you call it?!?!?

jk, i'm sure you did!

good to see you can actually beat a dominant, withholding moto single knee down guy once in a while!!!
NElaxtalent

Post by NElaxtalent »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:45 pm
NElaxtalent wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:39 pm PLL Wing GBs- Winners vs Losers

https://twitter.com/jake_wattz/status/1 ... 08257?s=19
so did they go with pll rules and a lot of player input or nah?
Gurenlian seemingly has been involved through throughout the process, I'm guessing he was considered "the player perspective". It's now a moot point, the rules committee has decided.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

So have they initiated the rule change to a neutral grip yet?
Still seeing lots of kids facoff moto style.

What's the deal?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:12 am So have they initiated the rule change to a neutral grip yet?

What's the deal?
yes, they did for 2021. but what team(s) are competing in the fall that you're seeing?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:27 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:12 am So have they initiated the rule change to a neutral grip yet?

What's the deal?
yes, they did for 2021. but what team(s) are competing in the fall that you're seeing?
Youth and HS...
That are supposed to use "NCAA rules" for tournaments...
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:51 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:27 pm

What's the deal?
Youth and HS...
That are supposed to use "NCAA rules" for tournaments...
i would assume then that those tourneys are using 2020 rules until after the spring, or have a waiver rule on that for x tournament.

most tourneys if they have a website have rules used spelled out. and/or pass along rules for that tourney to the clubs via email, any changes etc.
xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

Assuming that we have a spring season and I am hopeful but not confident, has anyone heard how the face offs have been going? They change the face off rules like diapers but typically have a full fall of competition and pre season scrimmages to figure it out. This year it doesn't look like we will have either. We could potentially open the season without anyone actually having tried the bed rules in competition. Thoughts?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

For what it's worth I still a ton of kids in youth and HS using Moto grip.
Probably 60-70%

Those kids will be in a world of hurt against the kids who have been working on it for the past 6 mos.
PulpExposure

Post by PulpExposure »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:43 am For what it's worth I still a ton of kids in youth and HS using Moto grip.
Probably 60-70%

Those kids will be in a world of hurt against the kids who have been working on it for the past 6 mos.
Me too. It's still overwhelmingly the way I see kids taking faceoffs in the fall tournaments I've seen this year (in my 9th grade son's travel teams, playing in PA/NJ tourneys).

A few go standing. It's not common at all.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

PulpExposure wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:38 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:43 am For what it's worth I still a ton of kids in youth and HS using Moto grip.
Probably 60-70%

Me too. It's still overwhelmingly the way I see kids taking faceoffs in the fall tournaments I've seen this year (in my 9th grade son's travel teams, playing in PA/NJ tourneys).

can't really blame them. good chance it'll change again before the season.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

PulpExposure wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:38 pm
Probably 60-70%

The good news is it allows you to see the clubs/programs that value instruction over winning.
spartanslynx

Post by spartanslynx »

Greg Gurenlian seems confident that the rules committee got this right and that all levels will go SNG by next year

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CJJbdvwjGo ... pi996hopnt

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”