Loyola Greyhounds 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
jhu08

Re: Loyola Greyhounds 2021

Post by jhu08 »

Virginia @ Loyola "confirmed" by the ESPN app for February 13th at 2:00pm on ESPN+.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Utah is also confirmed for a 12:00 pm start on February 27
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

No Richmond Scrimmage this weekend... Did not hear why
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

laxbro11 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:48 pm No Richmond Scrimmage this weekend... Did not hear why
Admittedly some speculation here and reading between the lines based on the current environment, I would think it's risk mitigation on both sides (covid) and just being safe...most teams dealing with some covid issues which ends up putting guys out do to close contact tracing...I've also heard that they're trying to move the UVA game to the 20th...but not sure if that happens or not.

All teams will be dealing with some covid issues all year week to week...it's just part of what this year will bring...guys are gonna be careful and still can get unlucky and test positive...and have no side effects and feel fine...and then that will impact a few other guys as close contacts...just gonna be how this year goes...

It's not uncommon right now to hear that teams have 8-12 kids out of practice on covid protocols...again that means close contact tracing...not just a positive test(s)

I'm prepared for many shifts and changes to the schedule...not just for Loyola...but for many teams

I'm just gonna keep my fingers crossed and hope we can get in as many games as possible...every week we will need to monitor the news feeds to see if we will have a game...or not.

Stay positive and hope for the best! We should get our lacrosse...it will just be a crazy year...as you know.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Laxfan#1969 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:27 am
laxbro11 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:48 pm No Richmond Scrimmage this weekend... Did not hear why
Admittedly some speculation here and reading between the lines based on the current environment, I would think it's risk mitigation on both sides (covid) and just being safe...most teams dealing with some covid issues which ends up putting guys out do to close contact tracing...I've also heard that they're trying to move the UVA game to the 20th...but not sure if that happens or not.

All teams will be dealing with some covid issues all year week to week...it's just part of what this year will bring...guys are gonna be careful and still can get unlucky and test positive...and have no side effects and feel fine...and then that will impact a few other guys as close contacts...just gonna be how this year goes...

It's not uncommon right now to hear that teams have 8-12 kids out of practice on covid protocols...again that means close contact tracing...not just a positive test(s)

I'm prepared for many shifts and changes to the schedule...not just for Loyola...but for many teams

I'm just gonna keep my fingers crossed and hope we can get in as many games as possible...every week we will need to monitor the news feeds to see if we will have a game...or not.

Stay positive and hope for the best! We should get our lacrosse...it will just be a crazy year...as you know.
I don't think this will happen since the ESPN+ app has the reported game occurring at 2 pm on February 13th. However, it can be subject to change... but ill keep a lookout on the app to see if anything gets moved
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

houndace1 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:30 am

I don't think this will happen since the ESPN+ app has the reported game occurring at 2 pm on February 13th. However, it can be subject to change... but ill keep a lookout on the app to see if anything gets moved
I'm not saying it's going to be moved...but I know that we have desire to move it out to the 20th. Now it might not happen if UVA rejected that request...
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Laxfan#1969 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:38 am
houndace1 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:30 am

I'm not saying it's going to be moved...but I know that we have desire to move it out to the 20th. Now it might not happen if UVA rejected that request...
i totally get what you mean. Im viewing the Big 10 policy and that their conference schedule starts Feb 20th, which makes me think this game wont occur this year :(..

looks like UVA is going to occur on the 13th, and Utah on the 27th based on the app. Nothing new as of now on the app
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

houndace1 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:59 am
i totally get what you mean. Im viewing the Big 10 policy and that their conference schedule starts Feb 20th, which makes me think this game wont occur this year :(..
I assume you're referring to the Hopkins and/or Rutgers game. Did you see Quint's comment yesterday in his preseason rankings about Loyola potentially not playing Hopkins or Towson this year, which would be a shame.

I'm also disappointed to see that we're not playing Duke this year for the first time since 1999, although that is more understandable. I realize this was eons ago in "COVID time," but I was able to listen in on a zoom call with Toomey back in October where he said the ACC was restricting teams to at most 2 overnight out-of-conference trips, so they were looking at moving the Virginia game to a night game so the Cavs could drive up in the morning. February night game - bbbbrrrr. Of course, that restriction may have changed since October.

I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the schedule!
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Denver was missing 3-4 starters against Utah this past week. So expect the unexpected this year. Odds tell us there are probably gonna be some good opportunities for young guys to step up.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

GreyingHound wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:57 pm
houndace1 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:59 am
I assume you're referring to the Hopkins and/or Rutgers game. Did you see Quint's comment yesterday in his preseason rankings about Loyola potentially not playing Hopkins or Towson this year, which would be a shame.

I'm also disappointed to see that we're not playing Duke this year for the first time since 1999, although that is more understandable. I realize this was eons ago in "COVID time," but I was able to listen in on a zoom call with Toomey back in October where he said the ACC was restricting teams to at most 2 overnight out-of-conference trips, so they were looking at moving the Virginia game to a night game so the Cavs could drive up in the morning. February night game - bbbbrrrr. Of course, that restriction may have changed since October.

I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the schedule!
Yes the Hopkins game, but this can be applied to both. we're all looking forward to the schedule being released which should be occurring within the coming days.

Also, they're offering to put a cardboard cutout of yourself on the north side of Ridley for games. I'll certainly be doing it! its a nice way to help the school and team with the fee they charge. ($50 for general admission, $20 for students)
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Any recent words on Liam Bateman?
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:43 am Any recent words on Liam Bateman?
I gotcha! In the little training clip the team posted on their instagram, you can see him shake off Razanka with a burst out of a question mark (looked like a half spin circle) dodge and burn it past Freeman Whitaker the goalie.

I expect him to contribute more this year with the playing time he got in PY
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

EVERYONE BREAKING NEWS. UVA released their schedule and they're playing us on FEB 20th... which mean feb 13th is still open
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

houndace1 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:53 am EVERYONE BREAKING NEWS. UVA released their schedule and they're playing us on FEB 20th... which mean feb 13th is still open
It would be a total shame if they can't figure out a way to have the Charles Street rivalry on that day—I know that both coaching staffs want the game to happen but it's being made difficult due to forces outside their control. Hope they get it done but the clock is ticking.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

houndace1 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:52 am I gotcha! In the little training clip the team posted on their instagram, you can see him shake off Razanka with a burst out of a question mark (looked like a half spin circle) dodge and burn it past Freeman Whitaker the goalie.

I expect him to contribute more this year with the playing time he got in PY
Awesome. :) Thank you.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

five minutes bus ride, twenty minute walk

big 6 should give the go ahead if pushed

maybe jhu doesn't want the game
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

stupefied wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:09 pm maybe jhu doesn't want the game
They do. Well, the staff does. I don't know how the admin feels
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

HopFan16 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:10 pm
I'm sure jhu players and staff do but the admin may not care to pursue which would be a shame. Its a game that should be played , be safer than others
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

houndace1 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:53 am EVERYONE BREAKING NEWS. UVA released their schedule and they're playing us on FEB 20th... which mean feb 13th is still open
I don't think people understand how important it is that this game isn't being played until the 20th...as I pointed out earlier in the thread...this is very good news...

Loyola needed that week. With out getting to deep, we have guys out, key guys that will be back, but have not been able to practice much...like very key guys, contributors...they should be ready for the 20th...and trust me these are guys we needed...there are injuries and then the new wrinkle which is covid and the protocols involved...every team will deal with it..just saying having this game on the 20th is good news.

You can't expect to plug a few true freshman in to a UVA game after about 2-3 weeks of playing college lacrosse (practice only) and expect to compete...will these young guys be good soon...maybe, probably...but it will be a long day for a few of the freshman...not because they are going to be bad...but because they had ZERO fall ball...that is a factor...hence the need to make sure our guys from last year are ready to go...and on the 20th...they should be ready...will be ready...

And I'm pretty sure the Hopkins thing isn't happening...that's been made pretty clear by the big ten. It's not a Loyola decision, it's not a Hop decision...it's big ten...no Rutgers and no Hop this year...it is what it is...back next year.

Towson is scheduled for March 27...so baring any Patriot covid postponements...that's game will happen.
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

HopFan16 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:10 pm
Both sides want to play...it's out of their control...it's a big ten decision...same reason the Hounds are not playing Rutgers...which obviously doesn't compare to Hopkins rivalry at all...but was also a fun game for both RU and Loyola the last couple years...

It's a odd year...let's just hope we get through it and get most games played and then back to normal next year

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”