Maryland 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Cooter

Re: Maryland 2020

Post by Cooter »

Sawyer is a righty.

Good to pick up and experience face-off man in Trucksess. That gives the Terps 4 FO men.
Live Free or Die!
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Conor Calderone's senior highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqN-srKdLb4

U.S. U-19 team face-off man too.
Live Free or Die!
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

Cooter wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:11 pm Sawyer is a righty.

Good to pick up and experience face-off man in Trucksess. That gives the Terps 4 FO men.
Just sarcasm. There are plenty of righties on Maryland.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

keno in reno wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:27 pm

I knew you were being sarcastic, but I did post highlights of Sawyer amongst the lefties: Siracusa, Pallonetti, and N.DeMaio.

While not quite as damaging as running out of goalies or face-off men, running out of left-handed attackmen can be somewhat detrimental to an offense. Also, one can't always be sure that the last lefty on the bench has developed to a level to contribute at the top of D1 (despite his being a high school star).
Live Free or Die!
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

Cooter wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:07 pm
keno in reno wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:27 pm

I knew you were being sarcastic, but I did post highlights of Sawyer amongst the lefties: Siracusa, Pallonetti, and N.DeMaio.

While not quite as damaging as running out of goalies or face-off men, running out of left-handed attackmen can be somewhat detrimental to an offense. Also, one can't always be sure that the last lefty on the bench has developed to a level to contribute at the top of D1 (despite his being a high school star).
One thing is for sure, Tillman can really sell Maryland in the transfer market. I am certainly not overly knowledgeable with the Team personnel but some of these moves look really interesting. Choosing to come into a competitive situation against experienced returnees at their position would seem a more difficult sell. I guess not.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

blue angels wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:03 pm One thing is for sure, Tillman can really sell Maryland in the transfer market. I am certainly not overly knowledgeable with the Team personnel but some of these moves look really interesting. Choosing to come into a competitive situation against experienced returnees at their position would seem a more difficult sell. I guess not.
Tillman mostly seemed to be taking transfers to help out UMd's weaknesses. Brandau might be a little bit of an exception, as the Terps looked to have Drew Morris to step in for graduating Danny Dolan in goal. Ubriaco comes in at LSM, and starter Nick Brozowski graduated. Grill (a senior) comes in at close D and starter Curtis Corley graduated from the close D. For Trucksess at FO, Henningsen graduated open up space at Face-offs. Shockey seemed a little nicked up last Spring, only playing in 15 of 17 games, so opportunity might have looked brighter at UMd than at Lehigh. Lehigh has Connor Gaffney back who won 249-357 (.697) last year, and has a UA AA Sisselberger waiting his turn.

The fact that UMd is a team fighting for NCAA titles is probably a nice selling point for Tillman.
Live Free or Die!
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Cooter

Post by Cooter »

It appears to be the first day of class in College Park:
https://twitter.com/TerpsMLax/status/11 ... 1575427077

Hopefully, Arealax will identify all the Terps for us. :D
Live Free or Die!
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Bernhardt, Welding, Carrara
Morris, Brickerd, Mertellucci,
?, Schollenberger, Mintzer
Newbies- blue shirt -McNaney

My guess. Only know the first row to be correct
Seahawk

Post by Seahawk »

And any unexpected players reporting and/or no shows. Probably have to wait through Fall Ball to see if anything changes.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

AreaLax wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:49 pm Bernhardt, Welding, Carrara
Morris, Brickerd, Mertellucci,
?, Schollenberger, Mintzer
Newbies- blue shirt -McNaney

My guess. Only know the first row to be correct
Looks pretty good. I was struggling after Bernhardt, of course.
Live Free or Die!
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

The player on McNaney's right has a Crimson and Black S on his shirt.

Live Free or Die!
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Think he is Dawson Wynne. They went to Salisbury school together.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Here is Conor Calderone on a Player of the game interview after the Suffolk semifinals:
https://fios1news.com/sports/li-sports/ ... e-5-23-19/
Live Free or Die!
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

College Crosse is doing their year end review and have gotten to Maryland at #7

https://www.collegecrosse.com/2019/8/28 ... rdt-demaio
Tdemling6

Post by Tdemling6 »

Jared Bernhardt could possibly take a fifth year for football

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... year/55262
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Not surprised by this. Jake has been posting his football highlights this summer. Jesse consider a 5th year for football but did not do it.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Bernhardt to Pursue Football as Graduate Transfer Following Senior Season of Lacrosse

"After numerous conversations with Jared over the years, I knew that playing college football was always a dream of his," said Tillman. "We are supporting him during this process to help him make the best decision for his future after finishing his collegiate lacrosse career. I know Jared is incredibly excited for his senior season of lacrosse at Maryland, and he will be a great leader for us again this spring."

"Growing up I've always had a passion for the game of football, and I was incredibly blessed to have my father in my life to nurture that love of the game," said Bernhardt. "I want to honor his legacy and live out my dream of playing college football by pursuing opportunities to join a collegiate program following my senior season of lacrosse at Maryland. I'm incredibly thankful to Coach Tillman and the coaching staff, my teammates and staff at Maryland for their support during this process. I'm hoping to get the necessary information to make an informed, but timely decision on my future playing prospects. I'm 100% focused on my senior year of lacrosse at Maryland, and can't wait to get back to work with my teammates for the upcoming season."
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

Tdemling6 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:34 pm Jared Bernhardt could possibly take a fifth year for football

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... year/55262
Nice to be a superior athlete. Curious what position he'll play. QB seems like a little too much to ask for just one year, but Greg Paulus did it from Duke basketball to Syracuse football so it can be done.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

The way Maryland has gone thru QB’s it will be helpful for the football program.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”