The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: 2024

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:43 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:38 am
a fan wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:13 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:00 am
SCLaxAttack wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:37 am Love me some Heather Cox Richardson. So that’s what it is - the Gish Gallop:

https://heathercoxrichardson.substack.c ... ne-27-2024
FTR if trump actually told the truth would anybody notice? The media pundits have all been clamoring that all trump did was lie. All my time on this earth politicians have been lying to America . :roll:
And the media calls it out when other politicians lie. Google "Trump and Biden fact check"....and you'll see it from multiple sources.

The difference? Trump fans don't care when Trump lies. They only get upset when other politicians lie.
The reality is my man we the people have long grown accustomed to politicians lying to us. If the American people accept dishonesty in the mainstream Republican and Democrat politicians what should it matter that trump is a more frequent and belligerent liar? Does it boil down to content and frequency?? Once a politician lies right to your face then their credibility is forever gone.
So there's no difference in telling your wife she doesn't look fat in that dress and telling your wife you didn't sleep with and pay off a hooked? All lies are the same?
Are we differentiating between lies politicians tell us and a lie we may have to tell our wives? Unless you don't mind sleeping on the couch for a few weeks telling your wife her dress makes her look fat is a fools errand. When you love your wife like I do anything she wears makes her look beautiful.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
DMac

Post by DMac »

LaxFan2311 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:19 am
DMac wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:15 am You are the epitome of the person who makes social media/the internet the cesspool that it is, 2311.
You can say whatever you want, there's no editing, fact checking, or verification of truthfulness.
Trouble there is, there are plenty and plenty of people stupid enough to believe the kind of horseschidt
you write. What a wonderful citizen you are, here's hoping you have an opportunity to wear your MAGA
hat to a gathering of your ilk this week-end and have a good ol' time.
You live in an echo chamber. Not anymore. I post facts about how horrible Democrat policies are for the USA and its people. That’s why God put me on this Earth. Sorry that facts hurt your feelings. I wear my MAGA hat often (I have a fashionable one, it’s not red) and have had nothing but compliments on it, especially at the grocery store where average Americans feel how horrible Biden’s inflationary economic policies truly are.

Have a great Saturday!
I live in an echo chamber...maybe you would be so kind as to explain to me what that means.
Your list is horseschidt, I'll pick just one. Is saying Democrats (of which I'm not one) support
killing babies the same as saying Democrats support women's right to make their own call re abortions (it should be their call and their call only)?
You've had nothing but compliments on your fashionable MAGA hat at the grocery store because the many who find it revolting and label you as an aszwhole just shake their heads and keep their mouths shut.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:50 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:43 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:38 am The reality is my man we the people have long grown accustomed to politicians lying to us. If the American people accept dishonesty in the mainstream Republican and Democrat politicians what should it matter that trump is a more frequent and belligerent liar? Does it boil down to content and frequency?? Once a politician lies right to your face then their credibility is forever gone.
So there's no difference in telling your wife she doesn't look fat in that dress and telling your wife you didn't sleep with and pay off a hooked? All lies are the same?
Are we differentiating between lies politicians tell us and a lie we may have to tell our wives? Unless you don't mind sleeping on the couch for a few weeks telling your wife her dress makes her look fat is a fools errand. When you love your wife like I do anything she wears makes her look beautiful.
So all lies are the same? No matter how big or small? And it's the same whether you tell one unknowingly vs. telling them all the time knowing you're 100% wrong?
Last edited by NattyBohChamps04 on Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
njbill

Post by njbill »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:42 am
njbill wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:36 am Let’s all wish Steve Bannon a happy summer at “camp.”
Maybe he can learn how to make boondoggles? I bet he could make some buckaroos making them in yellow and blue and donating the proceeds to Ukraine. How many boondoggle keychains are needed to purchase a 155 millimeter artillery shell?
If he were smart (he isn’t), he would use the time to clean up his life. He gives slobs a bad name.

Steve isn’t in a position to donate anything to anybody. He is in such dire financial straits, he probably has regular chats with Rudy about bankruptcy. Later this year, Steve is going to be hit with a Trump-like fraud judgment, the likes of which we’ve never seen (to coin an expression ;) ).
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:59 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:42 am
njbill wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:36 am Let’s all wish Steve Bannon a happy summer at “camp.”
Maybe he can learn how to make boondoggles? I bet he could make some buckaroos making them in yellow and blue and donating the proceeds to Ukraine. How many boondoggle keychains are needed to purchase a 155 millimeter artillery shell?
If he were smart (he isn’t), he would use the time to clean up his life. He gives slobs a bad name.

Steve isn’t in a position to donate anything to anybody. He is in such dire financial straits, he probably has regular chats with Rudy about bankruptcy. Later this year, Steve is going to be hit with a Trump-like fraud judgment, the likes of which we’ve never seen (to coin an expression ;) ).
Four months in the hooskow will probably give him time to write a memoir about how he was screwed. I don't understand how but these creeps always seem to land on their feet after the fall.
njbill

Post by njbill »

He’ll call it “Letters from the Danbury Jail.” Already he is claiming it as his red badge of courage with the J6 crowd.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:07 pm He’ll call it “Letters from the Danbury Jail.” Already he is claiming it as his red badge of courage with the J6 crowd.
No surprise there.
DMac

Post by DMac »

I post facts about how horrible Democrat policies are for the USA and its people. That’s why God put me on this Earth. Sorry that facts hurt your feelings.

Have a great Saturday!
Forgot to ask you this one earlier. Is that more factual stuff, God tell you that?
I think you're insinuating that you've hurt my feelings, what makes you think that?
a fan

Post by a fan »

DMac wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:52 am
DMac wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:15 am You are the epitome of the person who makes social media/the internet the cesspool that it is, 2311.
You can say whatever you want, there's no editing, fact checking, or verification of truthfulness.
Trouble there is, there are plenty and plenty of people stupid enough to believe the kind of horseschidt
you write. What a wonderful citizen you are, here's hoping you have an opportunity to wear your MAGA
You live in an echo chamber. Not anymore. I post facts about how horrible Democrat policies are for the USA and its people. That’s why God put me on this Earth. Sorry that facts hurt your feelings. I wear my MAGA hat often (I have a fashionable one, it’s not red) and have had nothing but compliments on it, especially at the grocery store where average Americans feel how horrible Biden’s inflationary economic policies truly are.

Have a great Saturday!
I live in an echo chamber...maybe you would be so kind as to explain to me what that means.
Your list is horseschidt, I'll pick just one. Is saying Democrats (of which I'm not one) support
killing babies the same as saying Democrats support women's right to make their own call re abortions (it should be their call and their call only)?
You've had nothing but compliments on your fashionable MAGA hat at the grocery store because the many who find it revolting and label you as an aszwhole just shake their heads and keep their mouths shut.
It's Pete back for election season. He doesn't believe a word he's typing. And he's hilariously coming on to a lacrosse forum (again) and thinks that this demographic is filled with far left hippies. :lol:

Trolling in the wrong pond. I can't think of a poster here who isn't going to get a fat tax cut from Trump when he arrives and doubles the size of government again... and what happens when you borrow trillions, and cut taxes to make sure those dollars stay in circulation?

Inflation. Trump directly screwing the working class, while bankrolling the very coastal elites that Trump pretends to hate. He doesn't hate them. He IS them. And that's fine if you're Petey and have a "life coach" and a nice job.

But if you're the working class, Trump's tax cuts and spending is drowning them.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Trump interfering with the release of Evan Gershkovich and other Russian puppetry he is continuing to perform:
June 28, 2024
Heather Cox Richardson
Jun 29, 2024

There is huge news today: in the case of Loper Bright Enterprises v. Raimondo, the Supreme Court overturned the Chevron defense doctrine that underpins the administrative state.

I am putting that down as a marker because I’ve had a very busy week of travel and writing (the paperback edition of Democracy Awakening is coming out in October and I am working on a new afterword) and I am just too tired to cover it and its history well tonight.

Instead, tonight I want to make a note of something that has been nagging at me for weeks now: Trump’s focus on 32-year-old Wall Street Journal reporter Evan Gershkovich, who was arrested by Russian officers in March 2023 and is currently on trial for the trumped-up charge of espionage. The State Department considers him “wrongfully detained,” a rare designation indicating that the person is being held by a hostile government as a bargaining chip. That designation means the U.S. government will do all it can to secure his release.

At least three times now, Trump has interfered with those negotiations by vowing that Russian president Vladimir Putin will release Gershkovich for him and him alone. He said it in last night’s CNN debacle, where he also made a big deal out of the idea that Putin will do it as a favor, without an exchange of money.

He said something else last night in his slurry of words that jumped out. Somewhere in his discussion of Putin’s invasion of eastern Ukraine in February 2022, Trump said: “Putin saw that, he said, you know what, I think we’re going to go in and maybe take my—this was his dream. I talked to him about it, his dream.”

Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s 2019 report on Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election explained that Paul Manafort, Trump’s campaign manager and then conduit to Russian operatives, in summer 2016 “discussed a plan to resolve the ongoing political problems in Ukraine by creating an autonomous republic in its more industrialized eastern region of Donbas, and having [Viktor] Yanukovych, the Ukrainian President ousted in 2014, elected to head that republic.”

Manafort had helped to get the pro-Russian oligarch Yanukovych into office, and when Yanukovych fled to Russia after the Ukrainian people threw him out, Manafort was left unemployed and in debt to other oligarchs. When he went to work for Trump, for free, he promptly wrote to his partner Konstantin Kilimnik, whom the Republican-dominated Senate Intelligence Committee identified in 2020 as a Russian operative, asking how “we” could use the appointment “to get whole,” and made sure that the Russian oligarch to whom he owed the most money knew about his close connection with the Trump campaign (p. 135).

The Mueller Report continued: “That plan, Manafort later acknowledged, constituted a ‘backdoor’ means for Russia to control eastern Ukraine” (p. 140). The region that Putin wanted was the country’s industrial heartland. He was offering a “peace” plan that carved off much of Ukraine and made it subservient to him. This was the dead opposite of U.S. policy for a free and united Ukraine, and there was no chance that former secretary of state Hillary Clinton, who was running for the presidency against Trump, would stand for it. But if only Trump were elected….

And, in November 2016, he was.

According to the Republican-dominated Senate Intelligence Committee, Manafort’s partner and Russian operative Kilimnick wrote that "[a]ll that is required to start the process is a very minor 'wink' (or slight push) from D[onald] T[rump] saying 'he wants peace in Ukraine and Donbass back in Ukraine' and a decision to be a 'special representative' and manage this process." Following that, Kilimnik suggested that Manafort ‘could start the process and within 10 days visit Russia ([Yanukovych] guarantees your reception at the very top level, cutting through all the bullsh*t and getting down to business), Ukraine, and key EU capitals.’ The email also suggested that once then–Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko understood this ‘message’ from the United States, the process ‘will go very fast and DT could have peace in Ukraine basically within a few months after inauguration’” (p. 99).

According to the Senate Intelligence Committee, the men continued to work on what they called the “Mariupol Plan” at least until 2018.

In last night’s debate, Trump insisted that Putin never would have invaded Ukraine on his watch (although Putin in fact continued his 2014 assault during Trump’s term, and Trump tried to withhold support for Ukraine).

After Russia invaded Ukraine again in 2022, Jim Rutenberg published a terrific and thorough review of this history in the New York Times Magazine, pointing out that Putin’s attack on Ukraine looked different with this history behind it. Once Biden took office in 2021, the many efforts of the people around Trump, including most obviously Rudy Giuliani, to influence Ukrainian politics through their ties to the White House were over.

“Thirteen months later,” Rutenberg wrote, “Russian tanks crossed the Ukrainian frontier.” Once his troops were there, Putin claimed he had annexed Donetsk, Luhansk, Zaporizhzhia, and Kherson, two of which were specifically named in the Mariupol Plan, and instituted martial law in them, claiming that the people there had voted to join Russia.

Last night, Trump claimed that the Ukrainians are losing the war and described how sad it was that their country is being destroyed (without mentioning that it is Putin’s unprovoked war that is doing that damage). He also significantly exaggerated how much money the U.S. has contributed to Ukraine’s defense.

That misrepresentation lines up with Putin’s offer of Friday, June 14, 2024, in a “peace proposal” to Ukraine: Ukraine would give up Donetsk, Luhansk, Zaporizhzhia, and Kherson, including far more territory than Putin’s troops occupy, in exchange for a ceasefire. Putin said, “If Kyiv and the Western capitals refuse it, as before, then in the end, that’s their…political and moral responsibility for the continuation of bloodshed.” He also demanded an end to all sanctions and that Ukraine abandon its plan to join the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO). (Ukraine president Volodymyr Zelensky rejected the plan and noted that there is no reason to think Putin will stop his land grab once his forces regroup.)

So when Trump last night said about the 2022 invasion, “Putin saw that, he said, you know what, I think we’re going to go in and maybe take my—this was his dream. I talked to him about it, his dream,” it sounded as if he had been in on the Mariupol Plan. And when he talked about how the war needed to end, especially in light of Putin’s recent “peace” plan, it sounded as if perhaps he still is.

And he promised, yet again, that he and he alone could get Gershkovich released.

Notes:

https://www.npr.org/2024/06/26/nx-s1-50 ... -in-russia

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/evan-gersh ... that-mean/

https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sit ... olume5.pdf

https://www.justice.gov/archives/sco/file/1373816/dl

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/02/maga ... e-war.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... r-ukraine/

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/12/ ... s-interfax

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/pu ... 023-09-29/

X:

atrupar/status/1806501254031429917
njbill

Post by njbill »

If Trump were to win the election, he won’t give a rat’s ass about the country or even his supporters.

His first order of business would be to try to get the federal criminal lawsuits against him dismissed. It will be interesting to me to see what the DC judge does. Wouldn’t surprise me if she refused to dismiss the case (she has that power), but simply entered a stay until he leaves office.

Judge In the Bag will dismiss the Florida case.

The New York state criminal convictions will be upheld by the New York Court of Appeals. If the judge sentences him to jail next month, Trump will have to begin serving the sentence in January 2029. Not sure what will happen with the Georgia case. It might get stayed until Trump is out of office. It would be a miscarriage of justice if the case got dismissed.

Next, he will take steps to refill his pocket. He has been hit with judgments that will total nearly $1 billion, which he will have to pay in the next couple of years. These judgments will really hurt him financially since he doesn’t have nearly as much money as he claims. Yes, some (though not all) of the amounts of the judgments are covered by security pending appeal, but it is his assets that will be sucked out when the secured funds are paid out to satisfy the judgments. He will spend his four years designing schemes to line his pockets. Wouldn’t put it past him to sell secrets to Putin. He probably has already done so.

He also will seek revenge against his enemies. How many enemies does he have? Hundreds of millions. So this will consume most of the four years.

He won’t get anything done for the country. For one thing, regardless of who wins the presidency, the Dems are going to retake the House. That’s a foregone conclusion. The Republicans are the favorites to retake the Senate, but that is still somewhat up in the air. Will the House impeach him for a third time? We shall see. He will get killed in the midterms as he did in 2018 so his chances for passing legislation in his final two years will be about nil.

Trump told his rich donors that he will give them tax cuts. He won’t because he won’t be able to get the legislation through. He doesn’t care. He is telling lies to everyone these days just to get their money.

The biggest area of concern is the Supreme Court. If the Republicans have the Senate in his first two years, I think there is a good chance Alito and Thomas will step down, which would give Trump the opportunity to replace them. While you never know what kind of a justice you will get (look at Barrett whom conservatives are getting apoplectic about), but I certainly wouldn’t want Trump getting two more Supreme Court picks.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Have a great Saturday!
This is the basic playbook: accuse them (DMac) of being exactly what you (the imbecilic 2311) are. He lives in an echo chamber to supplants his willingness and need to think for himself. Instead, he jots down the "own the libs" specials that now animate his policy-free party. Democrats love inflation. What a joke; literally laughable. This bloke belongs on everyone's foe list, and mine now expands to three.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

njbill wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:09 pm If Trump were to win the election, he won’t give a rat’s ass about the country or even his supporters.

His first order of business would be to try to get the federal criminal lawsuits against him dismissed. It will be interesting to me to see what the DC judge does. Wouldn’t surprise me if she refused to dismiss the case (she has that power), but simply entered a stay until he leaves office.

Judge In the Bag will dismiss the Florida case.

The New York state criminal convictions will be upheld by the New York Court of Appeals. If the judge sentences him to jail next month, Trump will have to begin serving the sentence in January 2029. Not sure what will happen with the Georgia case. It might get stayed until Trump is out of office. It would be a miscarriage of justice if the case got dismissed.

Next, he will take steps to refill his pocket. He has been hit with judgments that will total nearly $1 billion, which he will have to pay in the next couple of years. These judgments will really hurt him financially since he doesn’t have nearly as much money as he claims. Yes, some (though not all) of the amounts of the judgments are covered by security pending appeal, but it is his assets that will be sucked out when the secured funds are paid out to satisfy the judgments. He will spend his four years designing schemes to line his pockets. Wouldn’t put it past him to sell secrets to Putin. He probably has already done so.

He also will seek revenge against his enemies. How many enemies does he have? Hundreds of millions. So this will consume most of the four years.

He won’t get anything done for the country. For one thing, regardless of who wins the presidency, the Dems are going to retake the House. That’s a foregone conclusion. The Republicans are the favorites to retake the Senate, but that is still somewhat up in the air. Will the House impeach him for a third time? We shall see. He will get killed in the midterms as he did in 2018 so his chances for passing legislation in his final two years will be about nil.

Trump told his rich donors that he will give them tax cuts. He won’t because he won’t be able to get the legislation through. He doesn’t care. He is telling lies to everyone these days just to get their money.

The biggest area of concern is the Supreme Court. If the Republicans have the Senate in his first two years, I think there is a good chance Alito and Thomas will step down, which would give Trump the opportunity to replace them. While you never know what kind of a justice you will get (look at Barrett whom conservatives are getting apoplectic about), but I certainly wouldn’t want the Heritage Foundation getting two more Supreme Court picks.
Fixed that for ya. :wink:
LaxFan2311

Post by LaxFan2311 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:01 pm

Have a great Saturday!
This is the basic playbook: accuse them (DMac) of being exactly what you (the imbecilic 2311) are. He lives in an echo chamber to supplants his willingness and need to think for himself. Instead, he jots down the "own the libs" specials that now animate his policy-free party. Democrats love inflation. What a joke; literally laughable. This bloke belongs on everyone's foe list, and mine now expands to three.
Democrats do love inflation. Happened bigly under Jimmy Carter and is happening now at an alarming rate under Biden. You of course support the rising of prices because you support Pedophile Joe Biden. It’s that simple. It’s amazing how you can’t handle the truth. You’ve been misled and lied to your whole life by the Democrat Party. Talk about living in an echo chamber.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Boycott Stupid.
LaxFan2311

Post by LaxFan2311 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:53 pm Boycott Stupid.
Reported for name calling. It’s sad you can’t handle the truth when it comes to politics and you have to use name calling and personal insults. It’s very unbecoming of someone so holier than thou. Enjoy your Saturday!
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

LaxFan2311 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:56 pm
Reported for name calling. It’s sad you can’t handle the truth when it comes to politics and you have to use name calling and personal insults. It’s very unbecoming of someone so holier than thou. Enjoy your Saturday!
:lol: Best I can tell Seacoaster just typed two words. 2311 must feel guilty.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 5:06 pm
Calling ideas stupid is not a personal attack.

But he's just trying to push buttons. Like the idiot sidewalk preachers who piss off everyone and try to get someone to shove them so they can sue.

Public shaming has its uses sometimes. The basement dwelling conspiracy theorists with a newsletter can now congregate online and troll and post fake news and lies. Probably gets their rocks off that way.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 5:06 pm
:lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”