Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
HooDat

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by HooDat »

a fan wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:37 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:33 pm All I want from a politician is to make sure my rights are protected and that the playing field isn’t tilted based on something arbitrary. I can get the rest myself.
+100.

I've said it before.....the theme of the forum when it comes to US politics is: what are these politiicans' plans for the working class?

That it. Nothing more. And the American worker is SO screwed in 2022, I don't even know where to start.
yep, yep, yep!
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

HooDat wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:33 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:33 pm All I want from a politician is to make sure my rights are protected and that the playing field isn’t tilted based on something arbitrary. I can get the rest myself.
+100.

I've said it before.....the theme of the forum when it comes to US politics is: what are these politiicans' plans for the working class?

That it. Nothing more. And the American worker is SO screwed in 2022, I don't even know where to start.
yep, yep, yep!
Wait a minute. What about Jeebus, parent's rights, 2A freedoms, abortion, etc.? What's wrong with you dog-less heathens?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:09 pm
+100.

yep, yep, yep!
Wait a minute. What about Jeebus, parent's rights, 2A freedoms, abortion, etc.? What's wrong with you dog-less heathens?
Curious where you are going with this, but I would think "make sure my rights are protected" (to quote TLD above) covers every one of your "issues".
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

HooDat wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:15 pm
+100.

yep, yep, yep!
Curious where you are going with this, but I would think "make sure my rights are protected" (to quote TLD above) covers every one of your "issues".
I guess I should have affixed the sarcasm tag. I thought it was obvious that I was remarking on the propensity to divide and conquer the people based on various causes (causi?) celebre.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:47 pm
HooDat wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:15 pm
+100.

yep, yep, yep!
I guess I should have affixed the sarcasm tag. I thought it was obvious that I was remarking on the propensity to divide and conquer the people based on various causes (causi?) celebre.
You left out ethnicity. It's the perfect divider, because it's immutable.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

get it to x wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:02 pm You left out ethnicity. It's the perfect divider, because it's immutable.
Yup.

The Italians are coming for your jobs and women and are ruining the country!
The Irish are coming for your jobs and women and are ruining the country!
The Greeks are coming for your jobs and women and are ruining the country!
The Slavs are coming for your jobs and women and are ruining the country!
The Balts are coming for your jobs and women and are ruining the country!
The Poles are coming for your jobs and women and are ruining the country!
The Germans are coming for your jobs and women and are ruining the country!
The Jews are coming for your jobs and women and are ruining the country!
The freed Blacks are coming for your jobs and women and are ruining the country!
The Cubans are coming for your jobs and women and are ruining the country!
The Puerto Ricans are coming for your jobs and women and are ruining the country!
The Hungarians are coming for your jobs and women and are ruining the country!
The mulattoes are coming for your jobs and women and are ruining the country!
The Mexicans are coming for your jobs and women and are ruining the country!
The Mexican looking people from the rest of down there are coming for your jobs and women and are ruining the country!
The Gays are coming for your kids and are ruining the country!
The Trans are coming for your kids and are ruining the country!
The "minorities" are saying you're racist and are trying to cancel you to take your jobs and women and are ruining the country!

Tale as old as time regarding division, nice observation and kudos.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:00 pm
get it to x wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:02 pm You left out ethnicity. It's the perfect divider, because it's immutable.
Yup.

The freed Blacks are coming for your jobs and women and are ruining the country!
The Puerto Ricans are coming for your jobs and women and are ruining the country!
The Mexican looking people from the rest of down there are coming for your jobs and women and are ruining the country!
The "minorities" are saying you're racist and are trying to cancel you to take your jobs and women and are ruining the country!

I always remember this sorry bit of history from our past. Those draft riots in 1863 were started from all of those dock workers in NYC who were afraid that all those free blacks were going to step in and take their jobs when they marched off to war. It took federal troops to eventually beat down the protests. All it takes for a catalyst is the fear that "they" are coming for your jobs.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Yup.

The historical irony is that the only group who could possibly have a credible reason for such - the people who inhabited North America before the white man arrived - actually realized the above in addition to losing all of their land and most of their culture. :oops:
Last edited by Kismet on Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

“You talk about the border wall, you talk about open borders,” Raddatz said to Abbott, “but I don’t think I've ever heard President Biden say, ‘we have an open border, come on over.’ But people I have heard say it are you, are former President Trump, Ron DeSantis; that message reverberates in Mexico and beyond. So they do get the message that it is an ‘open border,’ and smugglers use all those kinds of statements.”

https://youtu.be/UntEb0ekTOQ
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Kismet wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:56 am
Yup.

The historical irony is that the only group who could possibly have a credible reason for such - the people who inhabited North America before the white man arrived - actually realized the above in addition to losing all of their land and most of their culture. :oops:
They also practiced slavery of different tribes, so they were not all “noble savages” as portrayed by some. Humans have been conquering and enslaving other humans since the beginning of recorded history. It still goes on today, including through our southwest border. Is the US government complicit? At the very least they are tolerant.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

get it to x wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:38 am
Yup.

They also practiced slavery of different tribes, so they were not all “noble savages” as portrayed by some. Humans have been conquering and enslaving other humans since the beginning of recorded history. It still goes on today, including through our southwest border. Is the US government complicit? At the very least they are tolerant.
IMHO it isn't a matter of noble(although you are correct about their practices and customs). The fact does remain that they were here first and were moved out of the way by people who came from elsewhere to their detriment. Those same people decried "others" for threatening to THEIR culture.

You are quite correct about slavery and other bad behaviors. None of that makes it right or the correct thing to do.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Yup.

It may have taken native Americans awhile to figure out pay back on the pale faces. Native American casinos have found one way to get wampum out of starry eyed white folks addicted to slot machines. Hell they will even let the pale faces smoke while playing the machines. Then you give them free fire water to get them drunk enough to keep on playing. Karma is a b***h.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Supreme Court says Trump-era border restriction will remain in effect while legal challenges play out
https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/27/politics ... index.html
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Yup.

... you missed the really big one that has white males crying ...

The women are coming for your jobs .... :lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

That's a lot of coming. 8-)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

3. It seems...we aren't full

Data: U.S. Census Bureau; Chart: Axios Visuals
Go ahead, keep saying "we full." People will just keep coming.

What's happening: The U.S. Census Bureau says Georgia had the fourth-largest growth in population from July 2021 to July 2022.

The state added nearly 125,000 people, according to the agency, helping to make the South the most populous region in the country.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
CU88

Post by CU88 »

The Biden administration on Thursday unveiled a new program to allow private citizen groups to sponsor refugees from around the world. Under the program, groups of at least five individuals can apply to sponsor refugees to live in the US and help them acclimate to life in the country with the help of a consortium of non-profit resettlement organizations. The program, called the Welcome Corps, was billed by Secretary of State Antony Blinken as "the boldest innovation in refugee resettlement in four decades." The sponsor groups must raise a minimum of $2,275 per refugee, and those funds will provide initial support for expenses like apartment security deposits, clothing and furniture. All refugees being supported through the program will be cleared through the same extensive security vetting required for all refugees admitted to the US, a senior State Department official said.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/19/politics ... index.html
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

CU88 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:24 am The Biden administration on Thursday unveiled a new program to allow private citizen groups to sponsor refugees from around the world. Under the program, groups of at least five individuals can apply to sponsor refugees to live in the US and help them acclimate to life in the country with the help of a consortium of non-profit resettlement organizations. The program, called the Welcome Corps, was billed by Secretary of State Antony Blinken as "the boldest innovation in refugee resettlement in four decades." The sponsor groups must raise a minimum of $2,275 per refugee, and those funds will provide initial support for expenses like apartment security deposits, clothing and furniture. All refugees being supported through the program will be cleared through the same extensive security vetting required for all refugees admitted to the US, a senior State Department official said.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/19/politics ... index.html
It’s a start.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”