All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

runrussellrun

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by runrussellrun »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:08 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:36 am
Rejoicing in the death of another human........could you be anymore callous.

The Q thing.......they want to stop sex trafficking of children. That is a bad thing?

Ummm......stay creepy, Q bashers.
... right, that's what I did. :roll: :roll:
What was your intent, than? Thousands of people die , from covid, everyday.

She just happens to be the one you wanted to let everyone know who died ?

You're not fooling me.......

What is wrong with this Qnon organization ? (beyond the fact they don't exist )

Guess you must party with Sandusky types, bc sex trafficking, especially kids....is a cool thing.

Explain it, please, why her? How did you hear about it? someone tweet the "news",
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Bart

Post by Bart »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:40 am 2.8- 2,900,000 million people die in the us in a normal year. tragically, a percentage are kids but thankfully it's a small percentage.
so ~8,000 per day
with 63% of the adult/over 12 country fully vaxxed, that'd mean in a 3 week span, ~ 63% of 168,000 (106k) people would die after being fully vaxxed within those 3 weeks.
bump it up for elderly being 80-90% vaxxed and down for motorcycle deaths.

vaers is going to have a tough time figuring out what's worse than normal with reporting (6%) like that. and that's just 3 weeks. how long they been keeping vaers?
Since 1990 as part of the National Childhood Vaccine Injury act.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

https://cals.ncsu.edu/applied-ecology/n ... evolution/

Good interview…

MK: Yes. The thought is, that based on how sloppy RNA polymerases are, coronaviruses shouldn’t exist. Their genome is big for an RNA virus, some 30,000 bases long. It is way easier to make mistakes in copying a big genome than a small one, and the way that coronaviruses go about their business in cells, details of their biology, leaves them even more prone to mistakes. So they carry an additional protein that helps them account for this, a monastic proofreader. Studies with the first SARS virus suggest its mutation rate is 10 times lower than it would be without this proofreader, and by all accounts this coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) works the same.

This proofreading function is part of what has slowed our ability to generate antiviral drugs against COVID-19.

RRD: Wait, why is that Matt?

MK: One of the major parts of the virus we target with making antiviral drugs is the polymerase, which is to say the genes that encode the monk. Especially since RNA viruses are normally sloppy, we can treat people with drugs that look a lot like one of the building blocks of RNA (A, G, C, or U nucleosides, the RNA version of DNA nucleotides). When the viral polymerase uses the drug instead of the real thing, it causes the RNA copying to stop. So the drug blocks the ability for the virus to copy itself. However, since coronaviruses can proofread, if one of these drugs is used by the polymerase, the other enzyme will catch it and can fix the error.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:05 pm
I can not imagine doing that as a career. Kudos to those that do.
Yup. You never think about anyone doing that job.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:22 pm
A family that lived across the street from us ran a funeral home and the son went into the business. He was a few years older than me and was always strange cat. Working in a funeral home as a teenager is probably an odd way to grow up. His sister was my classmate. Kind of cute.
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

The purpose of posting the death of that Qnon woman was what, again?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:22 pm https://cals.ncsu.edu/applied-ecology/n ... evolution/

Good interview…

MK: Yes. The thought is, that based on how sloppy RNA polymerases are, coronaviruses shouldn’t exist. Their genome is big for an RNA virus, some 30,000 bases long. It is way easier to make mistakes in copying a big genome than a small one, and the way that coronaviruses go about their business in cells, details of their biology, leaves them even more prone to mistakes. So they carry an additional protein that helps them account for this, a monastic proofreader. Studies with the first SARS virus suggest its mutation rate is 10 times lower than it would be without this proofreader, and by all accounts this coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) works the same.

This proofreading function is part of what has slowed our ability to generate antiviral drugs against COVID-19.

MK: One of the major parts of the virus we target with making antiviral drugs is the polymerase, which is to say the genes that encode the monk. Especially since RNA viruses are normally sloppy, we can treat people with drugs that look a lot like one of the building blocks of RNA (A, G, C, or U nucleosides, the RNA version of DNA nucleotides). When the viral polymerase uses the drug instead of the real thing, it causes the RNA copying to stop. So the drug blocks the ability for the virus to copy itself. However, since coronaviruses can proofread, if one of these drugs is used by the polymerase, the other enzyme will catch it and can fix the error.
... very good article.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:36 pm
... to annoy you. :lol: :lol:
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:18 am
dislaxxic wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:12 am "Died after receiving..."

"Died as a result of..."

Some brains see no difference whatsoever between the two.

Ice cream doesn't have bones...

Maybe implement a better side effect reporting database ?

Ice cream doesn't have bones.....is a direct attack on me. Something about "tone" ........ you ever reply without insults, geez.
Is it any wonder why no one wants to engage? The no-bones ice cream thing is a (lame?) attempt to describe (yeah, as a meme, YA) what it's like to look for "reason" in Fatty World. For some, that's a way of making a point. For others, an "attack".

Back to ignore, informally of course, as i have said, i have ever only blocked one FL poster for my own mental well-being...our erstwhile friend from Gator-Land...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:16 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:36 pm
... to annoy you. :lol: :lol:
Are ALL q annon followers anti vaxxers.......is that what you want to go with ?

Can't seem to find any business filings for this mythical group. ...not even a website ?

Nah.....you pretty much unzipped your pants and showed what a wonderful humanitarian you are.

You can delete the link, or discuss it with friends and you can all hurrumpph and pontificate how smart you are, shes dumb. and dead. Hurray for her death. But, it's firmly imbedded, the tenor and tone.

Come on, be honest. You can't wait to post a link when I die of covid........right? :lol:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:20 pm

"Died as a result of..."

Ice cream doesn't have bones.....is a direct attack on me. Something about "tone" ........ you ever reply without insults, geez.
Is it any wonder why no one wants to engage? The no-bones ice cream thing is a (lame?) attempt to describe (yeah, as a meme, YA) what it's like to look for "reason" in Fatty World. For some, that's a way of making a point. For others, an "attack".

Back to ignore, informally of course, as i have said, i have ever only blocked one FL poster for my own mental well-being...our erstwhile friend from Gator-Land...

Something about tone?

and then blame the person you crapped on......

"well, I noticed you....so, be glad I insulted you"

the need to actually type "back to ignore" is an endearing quality. Welcoming. Stay classy.
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:15 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:22 pm https://cals.ncsu.edu/applied-ecology/n ... evolution/

Good interview…

... very good article.
We may catch a break with mRNA technology.
“I wish you would!”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

You're welcome...enjoy your stay.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:20 pm

"Died as a result of..."

Dialectical behavior therapy
Language
Watch
Edit
Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) is an evidence-based[1] psychotherapy that began with efforts to treat borderline personality disorder.[1] There is evidence that DBT can be useful in treating mood disorders, suicidal ideation, and for change in behavioral patterns such as self-harm and substance use.[2] DBT evolved into a process in which the therapist and client work with acceptance and change-oriented strategies, and ultimately balance and synthesize them, in a manner comparable to the philosophical dialectical process of hypothesis and antithesis, followed by synthesis.[1]

The skills modules in dialectical behavior therapy
This approach was developed by Marsha M. Linehan, a psychology researcher at the University of Washington, to help people increase their emotional and cognitive regulation by learning about the triggers that lead to reactive states and helping to assess which coping skills to apply in the sequence of events, thoughts, feelings, and behaviors to help avoid undesired reactions.

Linehan developed DBT as a modified form of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) in the late 1980s to treat people with borderline personality disorder (BPD) and chronically suicidal individuals. Research on its effectiveness in treating other conditions has been fruitful; DBT has been used by practitioners to treat people with depression, drug and alcohol problems, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), traumatic brain injuries (TBI), binge-eating disorder, and mood disorders. Research indicates DBT might help patients with symptoms and behaviors associated with spectrum mood disorders, including self-injury. Work also suggests its effectiveness with sexual-abuse survivors and chemical dependency.

DBT combines standard cognitive-behavioral techniques for emotion regulation and reality-testing with concepts of distress tolerance, acceptance, and mindful awareness largely derived from contemplative meditative practice. DBT is based upon the biosocial theory of mental illness and is the first therapy that has been experimentally demonstrated to be generally effective in treating BPD.[3][4] The first randomized clinical trial of DBT showed reduced rates of suicidal gestures, psychiatric hospitalizations, and treatment drop-outs when compared to treatment as usual.[5] A meta-analysis found that DBT reached moderate effects in individuals with borderline personality disorder.[6]
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:14 pm
lagerhead wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:58 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:47 pm
lagerhead wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:34 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:08 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:58 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:42 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:15 pm
Just cosmetic. Its a D.I.Y job.

Minka Kelly…. 👍
Go watch Requiem for a Dream if you’ve forgotten how hot Jennifer Connelly is. And I’m talking beginning of movie not her outcome at the “end” (to end..). Which I may or may not find kind of hot anyways but we all know I’m a deviant.
:lol: ...misogynist alert. She's hot in any role.
It’s not misogyny if you love them. Connelly, Garner, Natalie Portman and Elizabeth Shue was my list of women I’d break my own arm to be in a room with first half of the 2000s.
Ms Shue sat at my prom table, her best friend was my GF. First Burger King gal. Nice lady. Bro Willy probably knew MD, tragic that one. Andy also acted 90210??
I would’ve broken up with her on the spot and tried to figure out a way to justify roofies if I were you.

BTW, SOFR looks lien their winning the rate war.
Read hear good looking gals only hang with good looking gals. My date was a 10 not sure what she saw in me still friends.

% picking up notional not so much. Dealers are ticked struck with something they can’t hedge.
Congrats either way. Too bad you couldn’t of talked them into kissing to see if they’d share.
Just realized Jennifer Connelly was in the film Dark City. Science fiction/fantasy. I am going to re-watch it. It’s a classic in my opinion.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... she's a classic ;)
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:43 pm You're welcome...enjoy your stay.

My stay?

oh cool........the cooler.

why not.......

fox news is on.......fox nation.....ALL....every.....TUCKER.......

anyone else?

Red haters..........please........make it all go away, disslaxx. bones are good.......

enjoy this place....it is awesomme

( over half of the members of fanlax have not posted ONE comment.......very interesting. Why go thru the process of registering, when you can read all the content without logging in . Zero posts, from thousands of fanlax "members" interesting.

enjoy your stay indeed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: 8-) 8-)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

U.S.
Covid-19 Deaths in Delta Surge Trend Younger in U.S.
Vaccines have shielded older people from the worst outcomes, leaving younger people who haven’t gotten shots at risk

Unvaccinated Americans were 10 times as likely to be hospitalized and 11 times as likely to die, according to studies released by the CDC.
PHOTO: KYLE GREEN/ASSOCIATED PRESS
By Jon Kamp and Paul Overberg
Updated Sept. 13, 2021 11:55 am ET

SAVE

TEXT

Listen to article
Length 6 minutes

Queue
A surge in Covid-19 deaths caused by the highly contagious Delta variant is hitting working-age people hard while highlighting the risks for people who remain unvaccinated.

Federal data show Covid-19 deaths among people under 55 have roughly matched highs near 1,800 a week set during last winter’s surge. These data show weekly tallies for overall Covid-19 deaths, meanwhile, remain well under half of the pandemic peak near 26,000 reached in January.

U.S. Covid-19 Death Toll
After falling this spring, the Covid-19 death toll is rising due to the spread ofthe Delta variant.
Daily death toll (7-day moving average)
Source: Johns Hopkins University
May 2020
'21
The Delta-driven Covid-19 surge is the first major case surge to spread through a partially vaccinated U.S. population. High vaccination rates among the elderly, who are more vulnerable to severe Covid-19 outcomes, are restraining the overall increase in deaths, some researchers say. The change is shifting a larger share of deaths to younger populations with lower vaccination rates, underscoring the need to get more people inoculated to curb the pandemic, they say.

“We don’t want anyone to die from a vaccine-preventable disease,” said Samuel Scarpino, managing director of Pathogen Surveillance at the Rockefeller Foundation’s Pandemic Prevention Institute.

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS

How is your community reaching out to younger people about vaccinations? Join the conversation below.

The seven-day average for newly reported Covid-19 deaths each day recently eclipsed 1,600, up from an average that briefly moved below 220 a day in early July. With roughly 660,000 known Covid-19 deaths to date, the U.S. is on track to soon top the estimated 675,000 deaths that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has linked to the 1918-19 flu pandemic.

Deaths have been concentrated among the unvaccinated, federal data show. The CDC released studies on Friday showing that unvaccinated Americans were 4.6 times as likely to be infected, 10 times as likely to be hospitalized and 11 times as likely to die.

NEWSLETTER SIGN-UP
Coronavirus Briefing and Health Weekly

Get a morning briefing about the coronavirus pandemic three times a week and a weekly Health newsletter when the crisis abates.

PREVIEW
SUBSCRIBE
At Tampa General Hospital, about 90% of recent Covid-19 patients were unvaccinated, said Peggy Duggan, chief medical officer at the facility, which is one of Florida’s largest hospitals with more than 1,000 beds. Many patients who did get the shots have compromised immune systems due to organ transplants or cancer treatment, Dr. Duggan said.

Tampa General’s recent Covid-19 patients in intensive care were 46 years old on average, far below the average during prior surges when vulnerable seniors were often hospitalized, Dr. Duggan said. The hospital’s death rate for Covid-19 patients hasn’t changed, sticking around 7%.

“These are working people, they’re people with families and children they’re still raising,” Dr. Duggan said.

Generational Shift
As most older people in the U.S. have gotten vaccinated, a growing share ofthe deaths are occurring among the young and middle-aged.
Share of Covid-19 deaths, ages 0-54
Source: CDC
April 2020
'21
%
Younger age groups have represented a growing share of deaths since vaccines became available, a trend that has continued into the summer’s Delta surge.

Age is a major risk factor for people with Covid-19. People in their 30s are four times as likely to die from infections as people ages 18 to 29, according to the CDC. For people ages 75 to 84, the risk of death is 220 times as high.

Rising Toll
The number of working-age adults dying of Covid-19 has returned to peaksreached during last winter's surge.
Weekly Covid-19 deaths, by age group
April 2020
'21
25-34
35-44
45-54
Older Americans still account for the most Covid-19 deaths, but their higher vaccination rates have helped hold down the numbers. About 54% of the overall U.S. population and 63% of eligible people ages 12 and above are fully vaccinated, while the average among nursing homes is 84% for their residents, federal data show.

This is yielding benefits in places hit hardest by deadly Covid-19 waves earlier in the pandemic. While the Delta surge set off nursing-home outbreaks again, and workers who chose not to get the vaccine prompted employers and officials to issue mandates for these facilities, residents’ deaths haven’t reached the levels seen earlier in the pandemic.

Protecting the Vulnerable
Once mass vaccination began, the share of Covid-19 deaths linked to nursinghomes fell sharply.
Share of Covid-19 deaths occurring among nursing home residents
Source: Johns Hopkins University, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
June 2020
'21
%
Despite gains in protecting seniors, the Delta surge has presented major risks to other groups. CDC data continue to show that, compared with non-Hispanic whites, Black and Hispanic people face almost three times the risk of hospitalization and more than twice the risk of death. The rates among Native Americans are even higher. Rates among Asian people are comparable to those of non-Hispanic whites. The disparities stem from factors including pre-existing health conditions, access to healthcare and occupational exposure, public-health experts say.

A measure of daily Covid-19 deaths divided into new hospitalizations from two weeks earlier—covering a gap that clinicians say captures the time it takes for many deaths to occur—shows some turbulence since Delta began driving up cases this summer. This metric counts all Covid-19 deaths, including the roughly one-third that occur outside hospitals, meaning it doesn’t precisely reflect the rate at which hospitalized patients die.

Surviving Severe Covid-19
Although not all Covid-19 deaths occur in hospitals, a comparison suggeststhat the odds of surviving hospitalization have plateaued.
Covid-19 deaths as a percentage of Covid-19 hospitalizations two weeksearlier
Note: Some deaths occur outside hospitals.
Sept. 2020
'21
%
Measuring deaths against hospitalizations shows a decline in deaths after the mass vaccination effort began, reflecting what some health-experts say is more exposure among younger people and improvements in care, but that decline stopped in the spring.

Estimating the overall share of Covid-19 cases that become deadly is difficult, because testing captures only a portion of actual cases. A measure known as the case-fatality ratio, which looks at the number of known cases that become known deaths, appears to be heading lower, some public-experts said.

But because deaths tend to lag three to five weeks behind cases, the death toll may yet grow even as new cases are leveling off. The concentration of those fatalities among unvaccinated people demonstrates how important the shots are to ending the pandemic, said Jodie Guest, vice chair of the epidemiology department at Emory University’s Rollins School of Public Health.

“We cannot accept this as our endemic level, and we have the tools to keep this from being our endemic level,” Dr. Guest said.

Covid Vaccine Efficacy Numbers, Explained
Recent studies have shown that the effectiveness of Covid-19 vaccines is decreasing, though experts say the shots still work well. WSJ explains what the numbers mean and why they don’t tell the full story. Photo illustration: Jacob Reynolds/WSJ
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Bart wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:14 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:40 am 2.8- 2,900,000 million people die in the us in a normal year. tragically, a percentage are kids but thankfully it's a small percentage.
so ~8,000 per day
with 63% of the adult/over 12 country fully vaxxed, that'd mean in a 3 week span, ~ 63% of 168,000 (106k) people would die after being fully vaxxed within those 3 weeks.
bump it up for elderly being 80-90% vaxxed and down for motorcycle deaths.

vaers is going to have a tough time figuring out what's worse than normal with reporting (6%) like that. and that's just 3 weeks. how long they been keeping vaers?
Since 1990 as part of the National Childhood Vaccine Injury act.
thanks. i did mean throughout covid vaccinations (9 months, 8 months fully vaxxed) expecting the system had been around for a while for others.

while vaers may be a heads up for items needing investigation, my sense is if doctors in these back room chat boards start seeing an uptick in x problem with their patients, confirming with colleagues, that has as good or better chance to get the ball rolling on checking it out.

Return to “POLITICS”