All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

youthathletics

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by youthathletics »

BTW, how is Jules doing?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:24 pm
BTW, how is Jules doing?
He’s been fine….took a little while but he’s fine. It’s a small world. His dad was friend’s with my cousins growing up. Really a small world.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Booster ? Fauci, then Biden, says we need one. Then 2 FDA senior docs quit, then Biden admin says, well, maybe not so fast.

Ready, fire. aim. Hesitate-rs & deniers say -- huh ? making it harder to get the holdouts to get their first shot.

You can self-attest that you qualify now for the booster, so I got my Moderna #3 today (5 mos & 3 wks after #2), before the guidance on Moderna booster changes.

No side effects. Got this year's flu shot in the other arm. I did a walk-in shortly before closing, & verified they wouldn't have to open a new vial for me. This Walgreens is going Pfizer only when their current stock of Moderna is used up or expires. Since so many doses are expiring before used, I figured I'd use one before it goes to waste.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Confirmed cases US - 39,787,415
Deaths US - 651,195

Thank you tRump and your fellow pro death Republicans.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:44 pm Booster ? Fauci, then Biden, says we need one. Then 2 FDA senior docs quit, then Biden admin says, well, maybe not so fast.

Ready, fire. aim. Hesitate-rs & deniers say -- huh ? making it harder to get the holdouts to get their first shot.

You can self-attest that you qualify now for the booster, so I got my Moderna #3 today (5 mos & 3 wks after #2), before the guidance on Moderna booster changes.

No side effects. Got this year's flu shot in the other arm. I did a walk-in shortly before closing, & verified they wouldn't have to open a new vial for me. This Walgreens is going Pfizer only when their current stock of Moderna is used up or expires. Since so many doses are expiring before used, I figured I'd use one before it goes to waste.
So lying about your medical condition in order to get a third dose which you criticize the Feds for is fine by you? Your blatant hypocrisy on display to everybody now.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:18 am
old salt wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:44 pm Booster ? Fauci, then Biden, says we need one. Then 2 FDA senior docs quit, then Biden admin says, well, maybe not so fast.

So lying about your medical condition in order to get a third dose which you criticize the Feds for is fine by you? Your blatant hypocrisy on display to everybody now.
How do you know I don't qualify ? You are assuming, making an ass out of U. You just don't have to hassle with a doctor's Rx to get it.
I went with Fauci's advice & got a booster before the CDC/FDA turf war removes the opportunity for a Moderna booster.
Last edited by old salt on Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:24 am, edited 4 times in total.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

‘Get Sicker’: Anatomy Of A Failed Policy

https://trialsitenews.com/get-sicker-an ... ed-policy/
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:49 am

How do you know I don't qualify ? You are assuming, making an ass out of U. You just don't have to hassle with a Rx to get it.
I went with Fauci's advice to get a booster before the CDC/FDA turf war removes the opportunity for a Moderna booster.
It's indeed 'messed up'...my 84 year old mom who had a very bad scare with pneumonia a couple of years ago (lost cognitive functions for over a month, cascading symptoms) apparently doesn't technically qualify yet. She's at over 6 months...sure would like to get her done soon, but she says she doesn't qualify until November...also Moderna.

I think there's enormous pressure (within the public health community) to not use doses that could go to other countries, and also to not boost until it's actually most efficient to do so...and they're trying to figure out exactly when that will be.

I don't think, however, that there's much, if any, dispute that boosters will actually be needed (which is what Fauci and Biden have said out loud to the public)...more a matter of when and exactly what the booster should have than the yes/no answer.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

How do you know I don't qualify ? You are assuming, making an ass out of U. You just don't have to hassle with a doctor's Rx to get it.
I went with Fauci's advice & got a booster before the CDC/FDA turf war removes the opportunity for a Moderna booster.
You're continuing to look like the a-hole here(but what else is new?). You just stated you don't have to supply proof of qualification to get a third dose. So how did you answer the question the pharmacy posed to you? You failed to ever mention that you qualify. Which is it, sailor?

Of course, you are also ASSuming that FDA is going to go along with Biden administration which is certainly not a done deal. Two senior FDA scientists just resigned over this.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:22 am

How do you know I don't qualify ? You are assuming, making an ass out of U. You just don't have to hassle with a Rx to get it.
I went with Fauci's advice to get a booster before the CDC/FDA turf war removes the opportunity for a Moderna booster.
It's indeed 'messed up'...my 84 year old mom who had a very bad scare with pneumonia a couple of years ago (lost cognitive functions for over a month, cascading symptoms) apparently doesn't technically qualify yet. She's at over 6 months...sure would like to get her done soon, but she says she doesn't qualify until November...also Moderna.

I think there's enormous pressure (within the public health community) to not use doses that could go to other countries, and also to not boost until it's actually most efficient to do so...and they're trying to figure out exactly when that will be.

I don't think, however, that there's much, if any, dispute that boosters will actually be needed (which is what Fauci and Biden have said out loud to the public)...more a matter of when and exactly what the booster should have than the yes/no answer.
I did not see a 6 month limit on the consent sheet I filled out. The last category on the sheet was not very specific. I had not seen it in any online sources. If you're near a Walgreens that administers Miderna, stop in & look at the sheet. I bet she'd qualify.
I pointed out to the pharmacist that it had been 5 mos 3 wks since shot #2. He said it was ok & recommended I get it before they run out of Moderna. I don't think 6 mos is a hard requirement.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white- ... l-n1278474
In a letter to President Biden in late August, Maryland Governor Larry Hogan urged the federal government to make boosters immediately available to seniors and vulnerable populations, “Inexact and changing guidance at the federal level has a real impact on states’ ability to do the frontline work of fighting this pandemic,” he wrote.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:35 am

You're continuing to look like the a-hole here(but what else is new?). You just stated you don't have to supply proof of qualification to get a third dose. So how did you answer the question the pharmacy posed to you? You failed to ever mention that you qualify. Which is it, sailor?

Of course, you are also ASSuming that FDA is going to go along with Biden administration which is certainly not a done deal. Two senior FDA scientists just resigned over this.
Read my reply above to MDLF76 & stop assuming & making a bigger ass of yourself.
I was completely honest with the pharmacist & followed his advice.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:38 am

Read my reply above to MDLF76 & stop assuming & making a bigger ass of yourself.
sure you did, sailor.
Your experience is exactly the problem - effectively anybody can get a 3rd booster now. Walgreens wants to get paid again for dispensing before the doses expire regardless of conditions - I have not seen any evidence that you need a booster after only 5 months.

Fauci and the Feds should just zip it until they are ready to announce. Everybody wants to be on TV apparently even if they don't have anything relevant to say.

Lastly, Moderna will be approved for 3rd doses likely only weeks after Pfizer so its not like it isn't going to happen for a long period of time
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:44 am

sure you did, sailor.
Your experience is exactly the problem - effectively anybody can get a 3rd booster now.
OK vaccine vigilante. Did you also have a hard on for the seniors who didn't qualify yet who hung out at the fire stations at closing time so they could get the last doses from the open vial, or did you prefer they go to waste ?
old salt

Post by old salt »

That's what I thought until I saw Dr Scott Gottleib on msnbc. He says supply is now outstripping the ability to distribute & inoculate, the US has already purchased enough for the entire US population & global supply is on track to produce 15 billion doses for a 5 billion global population.
If there's any pressure in the US, I think it's to use up the MRNAs before they expire, exacerbated by the % of hard core anti-vaxers.
Last edited by old salt on Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:50 am

sure you did, sailor.
Your experience is exactly the problem - effectively anybody can get a 3rd booster now.
OK vaccine vigilante. Did you also have a hard on for the seniors who didn't qualify yet who hung out at the fire stations at closing time so they could get the last doses from the open vial, or did you prefer they go to waste ?
spare me. I am a senior and got my vax when eligible. Your example is merely a rationalization why you took a booster well in advance of when any data currently suggests it might be needed. Rationalizing that expiration is a good reason to take and get paid (for the pharmacy) after less than 6 months without a a qualifying medical condition is a red herring IMHO

Perhaps the does you took could have been administered to someone needing a first or second dose who is currently legitimately eligible?

That all said, just checked with CVS where I got my Moderna - they allow boosters and only ask you to check a box to say that you are eligible. I can schedule one online today
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:58 am

sure you did, sailor.
spare me. I am a senior and got my vax when eligible. Your example is merely a rationalization why you took a booster well in advance of when any data currently suggests it might be needed

Perhaps the does you took could have been administered to someone needing a first or second dose who is currently legitimately eligible?
:lol: ... you are such a judgmental fool. I had not planned on getting the booster yet. I finally convinced a dog park friend who was afraid to take the 1st shot. She wanted to get it at an ER, but they're not giving them there. I told her I'd take her to the Walgreens near the hospital & rush her to the ER if she had any side effects. While filling out her paperwork I asked about the Moderna booster. The pharmacist showed me the consent form, told me it didn't require a doctors Rx, said they were going to go all Pfizer as soon their current batch of Moderna timed out & said I could get the Moderna booster now, so I did. We were walk-ins & no one else showed up while we were there. There is no shortage.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:11 am

sure you did, sailor.
spare me. I am a senior and got my vax when eligible. Your example is merely a rationalization why you took a booster well in advance of when any data currently suggests it might be needed

:lol: ... you are such a judgmental fool. I had not planned on getting the booster yet. I finally convinced a dog park friend who was afraid to take the 1st shot. She wanted to get it at an ER, but they're not giving them there. I told her I'd take her to the Walgreens near the hospital & rush her to the ER if she had any side effects. While filling out her paperwork I asked about the Moderna booster. The pharmacist showed me the consent form, told me it didn't require a doctors Rx, said they were going to go all Pfizer as soon the Moderna ran out & said I could get the Moderna booster now, so I did. We were walk-ins & no one else showed up while we were there. There is no shortage.
When you cannot adequately defense your decision to take a booster shot that you may not need you resort to name-calling. Typical.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:18 am

sure you did, sailor.

:lol: ... you are such a judgmental fool. I had not planned on getting the booster yet. I finally convinced a dog park friend who was afraid to take the 1st shot. She wanted to get it at an ER, but they're not giving them there. I told her I'd take her to the Walgreens near the hospital & rush her to the ER if she had any side effects. While filling out her paperwork I asked about the Moderna booster. The pharmacist showed me the consent form, told me it didn't require a doctors Rx, said they were going to go all Pfizer as soon the Moderna ran out & said I could get the Moderna booster now, so I did. We were walk-ins & no one else showed up while we were there. There is no shortage.
When you cannot adequately defense your decision to take a booster shot that you may not need you resort to name-calling. Typical.
May not need ? Listen to what Fauci & other tv docs say about the # of breakthrough cases of delta & the declining effectiveness with time. That's why Fauci, other tv docs & my Governor are pushing to approve the boosters. Would they give an EUA for a booster to the most vulnerable if it were not safe ? The longer they delay approval of a Moderna booster, over a CDC/FDA turf battle, the more Moderna doses will expire & go unused. What a waste !
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:31 am

sure you did, sailor.

May not need ? Listen to what Fauci & other tv docs say about the # of breakthrough cases of delta & the declining effectiveness with time. That's why Fauci, other tv docs & my Governor are pushing to approve the boosters. Would they give an EUA for a booster to the most vulnerable if it were not safe ? The longer they delay approval of a Moderna booster, over a CDC/FDA turf battle, the more Moderna doses will expire & go unused. What a waste !
no Problem. Just wait your turn. I learned that it kindergarten. You must have missed that class.

Fauci as recently in mid-July.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/13/dr-anth ... rking.html

I have not seen ANY public credible data that indicates that breakthrough infections are increasing among those vaccinated early which would be the data needed to recommend a booster.

Additionally WSJ reports today Moderna wants to do a smaller 50cc dose to reach more people and have fewer side effects. FDA wants 100cc to reduce confusion from changing dosages and avoid wastage from discarding unused doses in a vial.

So they cannot even agree what the booster dose is or should be at this point. Why roll the dice unless you are actually immuno-compromised currently?
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:36 am
old salt wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:31 am

sure you did, sailor.

no Problem. Just wait your turn. I learned that it kindergarten. You must have missed that class.

Fauci as recently in mid-July.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/13/dr-anth ... rking.html

I have not seen ANY public credible data that indicates that breakthrough infections are increasing among those vaccinated early which would be the data needed to recommend a booster.

Additionally WSJ reports today Moderna wants to do a smaller 50cc dose to reach more people and have fewer side effects. FDA wants 100cc to reduce confusion from changing dosages and avoid wastage from discarding unused doses in a vial.

So they cannot even agree what the booster dose is or should be at this point. Why roll the dice unless you are actually immuno-compromised currently?
https://www.healio.com/news/primary-car ... mpany-says
No reassuring numbers beyond 6 mos. I'm 1 wk shy of 6 mos. I was going to wait a wk to look into it. Opportunity knocked & I took it.
I'm helping Fauci crush the virus.

Return to “POLITICS”