Conservatives and Liberals

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Seacoaster(1)

Re: Conservatives and Liberals

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

But she’s always talkin’ ‘bout Jesus??

https://www.ky3.com/2023/09/30/arkansas ... ntent=kytv

Sanders apparently used $19,000 in taxpayer funds to pay for friends/lobbyists to travel to France and rather than coming out with the truth, she had the Arkansas GOP pay for a non-existent podium, then was forced to buy a real podium on Amazon to trot out for journalists.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

All the good looking women are in the GOP per MGT’s bf.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Question: how do you think this Speaker fight resolves?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

OCanada wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:54 am All the good looking women are in the GOP per MGT’s bf.
Who is MGT...or do you mean MTG?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:04 am Question: how do you think this Speaker fight resolves?
Certainly going to be exciting.....McCarthy may become close friends with the democrats if it comes down to a vote, which means, you will now own all his moves ;) . Possible Gaetz is bluffing on having the votes. But if you recall, McCarthy did not earn the spot easily.

And at the same time, we don't need any more Gaetz types running around that are now emboldened.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:38 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:04 am Question: how do you think this Speaker fight resolves?
Certainly going to be exciting.....McCarthy may become close friends with the democrats if it comes down to a vote, which means, you will now own all his moves ;) . Possible Gaetz is bluffing on having the votes. But if you recall, McCarthy did not earn the spot easily.

And at the same time, we don't need any more Gaetz types running around that are now emboldened.
Well, unless the moderates in the House GOP make common cause with the moderate Dems, it's gonna be a sh-tshow for quite awhile, which is what the extremists actually want.

I think they'll be able to successfully block McCarthy's election unless the Dems help. Too many extremists, too slim a majority.

The rational moderate/conservative GOP knows that the sh-tshow will be blamed on the GOP and they'll be both primaried and will lose the House badly in 2024. Big rock and a hard place for them.

While the Dems can deal with McCarthy and still get things eventually done, they can't trust any promises he might make. Devil you know conundrum.

So, deals will get made but need to be locked down...and yeah, the most eager progressives will try and squeeze too hard...
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:59 am

Well, unless the moderates in the House GOP make common cause with the moderate Dems, it's gonna be a sh-tshow for quite awhile, which is what the extremists actually want.

I think they'll be able to successfully block McCarthy's election unless the Dems help. Too many extremists, too slim a majority.

The rational moderate/conservative GOP knows that the sh-tshow will be blamed on the GOP and they'll be both primaried and will lose the House badly in 2024. Big rock and a hard place for them.

While the Dems can deal with McCarthy and still get things eventually done, they can't trust any promises he might make. Devil you know conundrum.

So, deals will get made but need to be locked down...and yeah, the most eager progressives will try and squeeze too hard...
Agreed YA, about Gaetz types running around emboldened.

If Gaetz has four or five other people who will not support McCarthy/who will vote for McCarthy's ouster, that appears to be enough to cripple the Speaker's chair, unless McCarthy gets five or six or more Democrats and can cajole the rest of HIS caucus to support him. Sh*tshow anyone?

Another question: what is Gaetz's "plan" -- other than creating a televised sh*tshow, and crippling the House?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:33 pm

If Gaetz has four or five other people who will not support McCarthy/who will vote for McCarthy's ouster, that appears to be enough to cripple the Speaker's chair, unless McCarthy gets five or six or more Democrats and can cajole the rest of HIS caucus to support him. Sh*tshow anyone?

Another question: what is Gaetz's "plan" -- other than creating a televised sh*tshow, and crippling the House?
small dollar donations
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

With Matt Gaetz looking like even more of a drooling pos.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:41 pm

small dollar donations
You may mean this tongue in cheek, but I think this may be the size of it.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:01 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:41 pm

small dollar donations
You may mean this tongue in cheek, but I think this may be the size of it.
Frankly, I think this is what Gaetz (and other most extreme a-holes) cares about most, whatever gets him clicks and views and thus donations. Serious donors won't support him, but thousands and thousands of small donors will...because it gives them a thrill to see a (fascist/nihilist) 'fighting for them'.

Could be about personal self-aggrandizement as well, the mini-me of Trumpian narcissism.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Theyre just going to vote “present” and let Gaetz piss his pants.

There’s no upside to helping him blow McCarthy out. Skeletons exist everywhere so no point in opening doors when you know what you’ve got with the Squirrel from the sticks of Cali.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:10 pm

Theyre just going to vote “present” and let Gaetz tick his pants.

There’s no upside to helping him blow McCarthy out. Skeletons exist everywhere so no point in opening doors when you know what you’ve got with the Squirrel from the sticks of Cali.
Dem Leadership is sending strong signal, no help for McCarthy...that could be a first salvo given that McCarthy had already said he wouldn't work for Dem support, wouldn't make any agreements...what gets done behind closed doors may be different.

But my hunch is that any deal will get made with someone else... I don't think there's anyone who can actually hold moderate GOP with the extremes. And ultimately the moderates understand that a sh-tshow, closed government, abandonment of Ukraine, and nonsensical social plays will result in massive losses in 2024.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:44 pm
Putz.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:42 pm
Putz.
He has been forced to speak from the Democratic side of the chamber because his fellow Republicans have banned him from using their side of the aisle. Nuts :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Kismet wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:53 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:42 pm
Putz.
He has been forced to speak from the Democratic side of the chamber because his fellow Republicans have banned him from using their side of the aisle. Nuts :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Flamer; was pretty interesting listening to conservative pragmatists argue with extremists.
Got pretty darn heated.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Here we go...https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... index.html
~Livy
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:24 pm
What else to expect from the ASSHAT caucus? This is all performative devoid of all substance or conviction.

Two of the BIGGEST weasels (after McCarthy of course) are Buck and Mace who spend most of their time grooming themselves on TV.
In addition, to being dimwits.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

From Twitter:

So the GOP just sh*tcanned their own Speaker after bringing the country to the brink of a government shutdown, while their presidential frontrunner is in court for fraud and getting gagged by the judge for defaming the clerk.

I guess the big question then is: what about Joe Biden’s age?
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Kismet wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:37 pm
What else to expect from the ASSHAT caucus? This is all performative devoid of all substance or conviction.

Two of the BIGGEST weasels (after McCarthy of course) are Buck and Mace who spend most of their time grooming themselves on TV.
In addition, to being dimwits.
Self-groomers…

Don’t they know it’ll make ‘em blind?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."

Return to “POLITICS”