The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
runrussellrun

Re: 2024

Post by runrussellrun »

DMac wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:30 pm The great debate should be held at the Outhouse Cafe where the menu offers diarrhea soup or a schidt sandwich.
Mind boggling to me that those are our choices.
Oh Lordy, Lordy. :shock:
If the "major" parties are synomous with "feces" based monikers......does that make RJK jr. a fagrant favorite, or just nitrate based urine lemonade ?

Democrats ramp up efforts to block RFK Jr. from appearing on ballots across the nation

As Robert F. Kennedy Jr. pushes to gain ballot access in all 50 states, Democrats are ramping up their efforts to block the independent presidential candidate by filing legal challenges seeking to get his ballot petitions thrown out in several states.

The Democratic National Committee and Clear Choice PAC, a super PAC backing President Joe Biden that is focused on countering third party candidates, have objected to Kennedy’s ballot access in four states in the last month. Some of those challenges have been filed in key battleground states such as North Carolina and Nevada, while others are focused on his petitions in traditionally Democratic strongholds.

Each of the filings claims Kennedy violated state laws that stipulate how independent candidates assemble the paperwork needed to qualify for a state’s ballot. Democrats are alleging Kennedy’s campaign misled voters to sign their petitions, improperly formed a minor party to ease ballot qualification and committed procedural errors in its petitions across five states.

The challenges mark an escalation of a broader strategy launched by Democrats earlier this year to combat Kennedy’s campaign in hopes of keeping the support of voters who backed Biden in 2020 but may consider Kennedy in November, potentially tilting the outcome of an election that’s expected to be decided by narrow margins.
“These challenges are important because they’re part of a twofold strategy. One is educating voters about Robert F. Kennedy Jr.,” DNC spokesperson Matt Corridoni said. “And the second part is making sure that everyone’s playing by the rules.”

Following an event in Albuquerque, New Mexico, last week, Kennedy dismissed the claims made by Democrats and projected confidence he’d overcome the challenges.

“The objections are frivolous, and every case that we brought to court we’ve won easily and will continue to,” Kennedy told CNN.

Ramsey Reid, the campaign manager for the DNC’s third-party team, said the DNC is working with lawyers across the country to review Kennedy’s petitions in every state and search for violations of local petition filing laws.

“It’s a basic review of the filings to make sure that they’re following the rules, the rules that everyone else has to play by. It’s very simple, nitty gritty, election law work to look at the dates, look at the details, look at the actual signatures and make sure that they meet the requirements that state laws set out,” Reid said.

The DNC formed its team to combat third-party candidates earlier this year, around the same time a team of Biden allies formed Clear Choice. Until recently, both groups have primarily focused on messaging against third party candidates, particularly Kennedy. The DNC has frequently launched billboards outside Kennedy campaign events labeling him a “spoiler.”

Suck, very much plans of voting for this former druggie. but.....all sympathies are for Hunter. Guess, your DAD and uncle getting assinated ain't no big thing....Hunty lost his brother to cancer, so why not smoke crack.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Wow--Biden sounds rough. Just watching the beginning. Frail. Wavering, cracking voice. Already lost his train of thought once, looking down, mumbling. Yikes. He looks so old. The Dems, not to mention the rest of America, are really in dire straits with Biden driving the bus.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Yes, he’s showing his age pretty badly, though improved in second half of first block.

Problem is that Trump is such a fountain of lying, disgusting garbage. That’s become obvious several times, but nowhere near what should get exposed if Biden was better on his feet.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Trump started off pretty strong and Biden pretty weak, but Trump is fading badly, spewing lies and nonsense that even his supporters know is the case.

Biden is looking pretty frail to be sure, but he is running circles around Trump on substance.

Trump is getting angrier and angrier as the debate goes on.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

We are more civil and educated than both these knuckleheads.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

njbill wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:03 pm Trump started off pretty strong and Biden pretty weak, but Trump is fading badly, spewing lies and nonsense that even his supporters know is the case.

Biden is looking pretty frail to be sure, but he is running circles around Trump on substance.

Trump is getting angrier and angrier as the debate goes on.
Biden shouldn't agree to another debate. It doesn't provide him with a net benefit. Whether or not Trump is "spewing lies and nonsense" is immaterial because Joe is NOT doing much to actually provide groundwork on how he plans to improve if elected to a second term. That's my .02 based off of tonight's debate. Another debate will only serve to hurt him.

Joe
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
njbill

Post by njbill »

Well, he has said several things, although I know you are not a supporter and don’t accept what he says which of course is your right.

Joe has already agreed to a second debate. I don’t think he will back out.

I actually wonder how many people are paying attention tonight. Certainly all of the news media on all sides are frothing at the mouth about this. News junkies, like me and perhaps you, are paying attention. But is the general population paying attention to a debate this far from the election? Don’t know. And even if the take away (not mine) is that Joe did poorly tonight, he still has lots of time to recover. He wouldn’t be the first incumbent to not do well in the first debate, but then go on to win reelection.

I will say this format with no audience and cutting off the mics is much preferable to the usual way they do these debates.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Find the whole thing far too disgusting to have any desire to tune in.
Feels like Phyllis Diller and Rosanne Barr as the two finalists in the
Miss USA contest. Pick one, that's the best we've got.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

njbill wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:20 pm Well, he has said several things, although I know you are not a supporter and don’t accept what he says which of course is your right.

Joe has already agreed to a second debate. I don’t think he will back out.

I actually wonder how many people are paying attention tonight. Certainly all of the news media on all sides are frothing at the mouth about this. News junkies, like me and perhaps you, are paying attention. But is the general population paying attention to a debate this far from the election? Don’t know. And even if the take away (not mine) is that Joe did poorly tonight, he still has lots of time to recover. He wouldn’t be the first incumbent to not do well in the first debate, but then go on to win reelection.

I will say this format with no audience and cutting off the mics is much preferable to the usual way they do these debates.
I don't really like either guy. I just think Trump is going to win. Agreed on the format. Another debate serves no purpose.

Joe
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

DMac wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:22 pm Find the whole thing far too disgusting to have any desire to tune in.
Feels like Phyllis Diller and Rosanne Barr as the two finalists in the
Miss USA contest. Pick one, that's the best we've got.
Phyliss Diller all the way! Roseanne is too unpredictable.

Joe
njbill

Post by njbill »

Yes, the union didn’t endorse Biden, but they did endorse the bipartisan legislation which was to address the border issue. Trump opposed the bill because it would’ve given Biden a political victory.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

It's amazing how much they both swerve off the topic of the question and wallow around in shallow "he's the worst" and "he's destroying the country" BS...

...just remember, folks...it's not JUST the guy at the top...it's what he brings along with him into a governing posture.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:28 pm It's amazing how much they both swerve off the topic of the question and wallow around in shallow "he's the worst" and "he's destroying the country" BS...

...just remember, folks...it's not JUST the guy at the top...it's what he brings along with him into a governing posture.

Your last part may be key….speaking of current VP.
~Livy
njbill

Post by njbill »

It’s easy to think of comebacks sitting on my couch, but when Trump said he won two golf championships recently, Joe should’ve said, yeah, that’s because you cheat. You drop a ball on the fairway when you hit it in the rough. You move the ball on the green. You miscount your strokes. Instead, Joe got into debate about his handicap and how long he can hit the ball. Dumb.
njbill

Post by njbill »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:29 pm More border patrol fact checking: https://x.com/bpunion/status/1806419816 ... a82I2GssRg
That post was from this afternoon and has nothing to do with the debate.

The union can endorse whichever candidate they wish, but that statement is the demonstrably untrue. The Republicans blocked the funding bill, pure and simple. That’s not debatable.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Talking about competency, ideology and approach to governing. Not a shallow, inconsequential decision about a running mate.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:07 pm We are more civil and educated than both these knuckleheads.
Absolutely; even at our worst.

But here is still my read, Biden stumbles and bumbles and mangles his words, but he’s not a lying POS.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:35 pmBiden stumbles and bumbles and mangles his words, but he’s not a lying POS.
BOY HOWDY!! ++++++

Return to “POLITICS”