All Things Russia & Ukraine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: All Things Russia & Ukraine

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:42 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:10 am
get it to x wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:05 am
jhu72 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:02 am They are going to sanction Putin and Russia. The next move is Putin's and the Russian people.
Warmongering at it's finest. Too bad a steady hand like Pompeo isn't running State.
yup, the war would have never been necessary if Zelensky had just buckled and made up dirt on Hunter in exchange for weapons and Trump had won, not delivered on the weapons, and the Zelensky government had fallen.

No war needed, proxy state in place.

It's really, really strange to have Americans supporting a former KGB officer who murders his political opponents and free press journalists when he annexes a recognized sovereign country on his border.

Just because..."boo Biden"...
Help us understand your point a bit more clearly...

~ The Biden administration is charge, we can all agree.
~Throw out BHO's backhanded comment when Romney said Russia is our #1 threat...and also throw out Trump as Putin's secret lover (so says damned near the entire democratic party). --- give it a break, Obama saw China as the problem, just like all you Trumpnista do now. :roll:
~ Biden puffed his chest out in 2019 and said Putin does not want to mess with me....and Putin has essentially said STFU old man. Sorry, Biden is actually standing up against Putin.

1.) So what do you believe should have happened?
2.) Now that the wheels are in motion, what do you believe needs to happen next?
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Essexfenwick wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:57 am
jhu72 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:53 am
Essexfenwick wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:31 am Trump was so soft that Putin only attacked anyone when Biden or Obama was running things.

Smart people notice actions and results. (And also notice the leader of the free world has advanced dementia).

Not so smart people spin to hide embarrassment.
... Trump was giving Putin everything he wanted, including weakening Ukraine. Child. :roll:
Putin only attacks when Biden or Obama are running things. Trump knew how to handle people and look out for US interests.

Obama said Russia was 1980s foreign policy. Biden was against George HW desert storm success and for GW bushes WMD failure.

Those men are stupid and they will never forgive Trump for showing that to the people.
2+2 = https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/ ... ia-1689531
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Essexfenwick wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:31 am Trump was so soft that Putin only attacked anyone when Biden or Obama was running things.

Smart people notice actions and results. (And also notice the leader of the free world has advanced dementia).

... Trump was giving Putin everything he wanted, including weakening Ukraine. Child. :roll:
Putin only attacks when Biden or Obama are running things. Trump knew how to handle people and look out for US interests.

Obama said Russia was 1980s foreign policy. Biden was against George HW desert storm success and for GW bushes WMD failure.

Those men are stupid and they will never forgive Trump for showing that to the people.
... no need for Putin to attack when he is getting what he wants. :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:42 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:10 am
get it to x wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:05 am
jhu72 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:02 am They are going to sanction Putin and Russia. The next move is Putin's and the Russian people.
Warmongering at it's finest. Too bad a steady hand like Pompeo isn't running State.
yup, the war would have never been necessary if Zelensky had just buckled and made up dirt on Hunter in exchange for weapons and Trump had won, not delivered on the weapons, and the Zelensky government had fallen.

No war needed, proxy state in place.

It's really, really strange to have Americans supporting a former KGB officer who murders his political opponents and free press journalists when he annexes a recognized sovereign country on his border.

Just because..."boo Biden"...
Help us understand your point a bit more clearly...

~ The Biden administration is charge, we can all agree.
~Throw out BHO's backhanded comment when Romney said Russia is our #1 threat...and also throw out Trump as Putin's secret lover (so says damned near the entire democratic party).
~ Biden puffed his chest out in 2019 and said Putin does not want to mess with me....and Putin has essentially said STFU old man.

1.) So what do you believe should have happened?
2.) Now that the wheels are in motion, what do you believe needs to happen next?
Fair questions, though I've answered all before.

My read is that Putin's ambitions were working out well under Trump, NATO was divided and uncertain, Germany was growing more and more dependent, multiple Eastern European countries' democracy movements had been undermined or totally subjugated, election results ignored ala Belarus.

Had Zelensky buckled, that might well have happened in Ukraine as well...but then Biden won and the math changed.

Ukraine was bolstered, their antiRussian sentiment has hardened since 2104 and they now knew they had a strong backer in the US. Putin saw NATO and other international orgs beginning to re-coalesce, with American leadership. The Ukrainian military was growing strong, better equipped, better trained and every year that would go by would only strengthen that.

He's a true believer in his own place in history as the strong man who will restore the Russian Empire. He spent the last year wiping out all dissenters, shutting down all independent journalism, locking down social media.

So, now he's moving. He will take all of Ukraine, claiming "de-Nazification" as he did yesterday.

But there will be Russian losses and an insurgency. We/(NATO allies) need to fund it and supply it fully.

We need to move much more military support into forward eastern Europe positions.

We need to impose the maximum sanctions we can think of, expanding reach to whoever we can identify. Remove Russia from SWIFT.

And at the first instance of any cyber attack on a NATO partner by Russia, we need to act hard offensively with cyber. Ratcheting that up as needed and effective.

Yes, this may well precipitate additional responses from Russia. They may have capabilities to disrupt our satellites...we definitely do of theirs.

Putin and those around him must be stopped, because they won't stop on their own.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:02 am

Biden had 14 months to arm Ukraine more. Besides the army is deserting in droves. Biden armed the Taliban with 100 million in military equipment and bases. So he has that going for him.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:03 am

Interesting … he wanted Ukraine when Biden runs things but Trump tricked him into not wanting Ukraine.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:03 am

What was he getting? Higher oil prices? A pipeline to Germany? Looks like right now he is taking what he wants and getting the rest from the doddering fool in the White House. You appear to be dismissing out of hand the possibility that consequences were communicated to him in such a way as to dissuade him from attacking during Trump's presidency.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Typical Lax Dad

Essexfenwick wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:11 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:02 am

Biden had 14 months to arm Ukraine more. Besides the army is deserting in droves. Biden armed the Taliban with 100 million in military equipment and bases. So he has that going for him.
Not about just arming them Wise One.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Why does it feel like everything ramped up recently on the kneeled for Trump crowd as if this is one of the myriad of small social assaults led by Russian teenagers paid by the kremlin?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:19 am Why does it feel like everything ramped up recently on the kneeled for Trump crowd as if this is one of the myriad of small social assaults led by Russian teenagers paid by the kremlin?
... undoubtedly there is some of that going on.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:41 am

This is of course wildly incorrect.

I watched three hours of Morning Joe today. Every second of the show, every cast member, and every guest was begging for direct American involvement, all the whine incoherently blaming (wait for it…) Trump for today’s disaster. Michael McFaul, Tom Nichols, Mika, and Julia Ioffe were especially fake-pugilistic.

I don't know who these characters are. But it does not surprise me in the least to see TV media types clamoring for war. After all, who clamored for Bush's terrorist war on Iraq more than did the NY Slimes and the Wash!tgton P!ss Post? Those who own stock in the military industrial complex also own stock in those noosepapers that are more suitable at times for lining your kitty box. All the news that's fit to tint isn't exactly a new idea for those warmongering profit seeking pieces of caca.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Russian troops on outskirts of Kyiv now, battling.
20 miles outside downtown.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

2 military defeats in 5 months.

Is sleepy Joe awake yet?

None of this would be happening under Trump but if Joe begged him to come back and take over … here’s what I think he would do now

1) open up oil and gas drilling immediately
2) sanction Russia in ways that sound huge but aren’t to save face for JoeTard and the US so as not to drive Russia into the living arms of China or start WW3.
3) fire anybody in the pentagon that said global warming is the greatest security threat.
4) immediately open the economy full bore and abolish any Covid mandates
5) fire anybody in the pentagon who kicked out unvaccinated warriors or who advocated the military pay for sex change operations
6) hold rally’s to restore the country’s self esteem and confidence
7) Blame China in no uncertain terms for infecting the world with Covid and never drop it.
8) immediately force Europe to pay its entire NATO dues
9) cut all government spending 10 percent across the board outside of military spending. Don’t fire anybody just cut all pay 10 percent and no inflation adjustments.
10) start the ball rolling on Europe getting energy from North America.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

2 military defeats in 5 months.

Is sleepy Joe awake yet?

None of this would be happening under Trump but if Joe begged him to come back and take over … here’s what I think he would do now

1) open up oil and gas drilling immediately
2) sanction Russia in ways that sound huge but aren’t to save face for JoeTard and the US so as not to drive Russia into the living arms of China or start WW3.
3) fire anybody in the pentagon that said global warming is the greatest security threat.
4) immediately open the economy full bore and abolish any Covid mandates
5) fire anybody in the pentagon who kicked out unvaccinated warriors or who advocated the military pay for sex change operations
6) hold rally’s to restore the country’s self esteem and confidence
7) Blame China in no uncertain terms for infecting the world with Covid and never drop it.
8) immediately force Europe to pay its entire NATO dues
9) cut all government spending 10 percent across the board outside of military spending. Don’t fire anybody just cut all pay 10 percent and no inflation adjustments.
10) start the ball rolling on Europe getting energy from North America.

Return to “POLITICS”