All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

MDlaxfan76

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:54 am We've heard from journalist Kyle Smith, lets hear from journalist Ryan Cooper.
My only objection to this is the positioning that it's 'liberals' who should be righteously angry...I think anyone who has loved ones at risk, and anyone economically or otherwise impacted by the necessary restrictions due to surging virus, should be mightily ticked off...that includes moderates and conservatives.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Can we start blaming Biden now? ;) https://www.instagram.com/p/CSdxYsxAcbi/ See 2nd map in CNN link.
Or is is Ronnie D's fault that Florida flooded the US in a Red Wave of
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:02 am Can we start blaming Biden now? ;) https://www.instagram.com/p/CSdxYsxAcbi/ See 2nd map in CNN link.
Are you asking whether it's Biden's fault that availability of vaccine doses, free, is very high and very accessible?

Or that he failed to persuade those who cheered when it was announced that the US had not quite met Biden's target of 70% by July 4?

I don't know that anyone has claimed that Desantis is at fault for the rise of Delta across the US, even over on the gator troll's promotion of Desantis thread where he's frequently scorned. But he's definitely been one of the politicians who have staked their political fortunes to the anti-government, public health skeptics who refuse to comply with public health recommendations. Desantis has gone further, signing laws and EO's that prevent other officials and even private businesses from following such recommendations...and he's crowed about it...
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:02 am Can we start blaming Biden now? ;) https://www.instagram.com/p/CSdxYsxAcbi/ See 2nd map in CNN link.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:14 am
Are you asking whether it's Biden's fault that availability of vaccine doses, free, is very high and very accessible?

Or that he failed to persuade those who cheered when it was announced that the US had not quite met Biden's target of 70% by July 4?

I don't know that anyone has claimed that Desantis is at fault for the rise of Delta across the US, even over on the gator troll's promotion of Desantis thread where he's frequently scorned. But he's definitely been one of the politicians who have staked their political fortunes to the anti-government, public health skeptics who refuse to comply with public health recommendations. Desantis has gone further, signing laws and EO's that prevent other officials and even private businesses from following such recommendations...and he's crowed about it...
... well I do remember Petey setting that up as a strawman, you know with one of his "have you stopped beating your wife questions" ;)
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

In other news, 385,000 went to Lollapalooza without it turning into a super spreader (claimed).

The claim is well documented.
Last edited by jhu72 on Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
old salt

Post by old salt »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:34 am
that's just an amazing article.
-"rapid response"units running around fla.
-future "strike teams" deploying to long term care facilities. that honestly sounds awesome.
-an imbedded video from a mom suing on school masks, "it terrifies me".
-the obligatory ventilators have been requested, gov saying he doubts it, health services confirming but saying they were good anyway.

what more do you want? i have to say, this one is desantis 1, detractors 0. throwing in "rapid response" units and "strike teams"? you never had a chance.
rapid response strike teams to administer monoclonal antibodies & Regeneron is a great idea vax up to 50k/day.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... are those therapies free from uncle sugar or does the patient have to pay?? Both are pretty expensive as I recall.
old salt

Post by old salt »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:00 am
-future "strike teams" deploying to long term care facilities. that honestly sounds awesome.
-the obligatory ventilators have been requested, gov saying he doubts it, health services confirming but saying they were good anyway.

what more do you want? i have to say, this one is desantis 1, detractors 0. throwing in "rapid response" units and "strike teams"? you never had a chance.
Monoclonal antibodies are only valid under Emergency Use Authorization. We don't have enough data to really know the long term health effects or what adverse reactions this new untested treatment that's less than a year old will have.

Wonder if patients will be given the proper info and have the ability to refuse treatment... 🤔
Monoclonal antibody infusions are widely available. They require only a Rx from a doc. They're not well publicized because they might reduce vaccinations. To be effective, they need to administered in the first couple days after infection, before the lungs are infected.
Google "monoclonal antibody infusion centers" for your locale. They are free in MD & MO.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:47 am

Good to hear that he finally admits they have a very serious challenge.

Sounds like those measures could be helpful if actually executed well. But they're aimed merely at saving a life, not preventing the damage from a serious bout with the virus.

It may very help with the death rate; a positive for sure...which would be good for him politically.

However, prevention of spread remains the #1 way to beat the virus and on that he's miserable and continues to be.

... what is interesting is the fact that the state's vaxx rate is middle of the pack, not bottom of the cohort of states, like the other seriously challenged. Speculation is that the meaningful vaxx rate is not as good as is being advertised. It is noted that they vaccinated a lot of snow birds and international visitors. Their black citizens have the worst numbers of all their demographics.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

old salt wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:43 amMonoclonal antibody infusions are widely available. They require only a Rx from a doc. They're not well publicized because they might reduce vaccinations. To be effective, they need to administered in the first couple days after infection, before the lungs are infected.
Google "monoclonal antibody infusion centers" for your locale. They are free in MD & MO.
Like the various COVID-19 vaccines, various COVID-19 monoclonal infusion therapies currently fall under the EUA. While widely available (like the vaccine), they do not yet have full approval. Vaccine hesitant people would be wise to be wary of them for the same reasons they're hesitant about the vaccines.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-a ... t-covid-19

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-a ... t-covid-19
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:53 am

Sounds like those measures could be helpful if actually executed well. But they're aimed merely at saving a life, not preventing the damage from a serious bout with the virus.

It may very help with the death rate; a positive for sure...which would be good for him politically.

However, prevention of spread remains the #1 way to beat the virus and on that he's miserable and continues to be.

... what is interesting is the fact that the state's vaxx rate is middle of the pack, not bottom of the cohort of states, like the other seriously challenged. Speculation is that the meaningful vaxx rate is not as good as is being advertised. It is noted that they vaccinated a lot of snow birds and international visitors. Their black citizens have the worst numbers of all their demographics.
are there numbers on the snow birds and intl visitors? would be interesting to know.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:38 am

are there numbers on the snow birds and intl visitors? would be interesting to know.
... not that I have seen. It is just talk that I have seen. Agreed it would be good to know. It is a mystery why Florida is an outlier.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

"Intl visitors" from where?
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

CU88 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:49 pm

... where else - from International ;)
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:51 pm

Did you post a break down of vaccine uptake and hesitancy by race/income/political party affiliation? I don’t remember where I saw it.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:30 pm

Did you post a break down of vaccine uptake and hesitancy by race/income/political party affiliation? I don’t remember where I saw it.
I posted a study yesterday that contained some of that info (perhaps all, I was only interested in a couple items).
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

total estimate on all snowbirds is in 6 figures. my guess not much to move the needle, not more than a percent or 2 plus mdlax & co. cali just trying to keep their neck out in the lead vs fla.

uk and israel are working u.s. numbers on cases and deaths right now with much higher vaxx rates and even u.s. equivalent 17 million+ (edit: 27 million equivalent. and just opened to over 50s from 60s) booster shots already doled out in israel's case. delta's going to win for a bit. hopefully not to the degree we've seen in the south. we'll see.
Last edited by wgdsr on Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:30 pm

the largest group was white republican males.
ggait

Post by ggait »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:30 am In other news, 385,000 went to Lollapalooza without it turning into a super spreader (claimed).

The claim is well documented.
No masks, outside, all attendees required to furnish vax proof or neg test results.

So kinda like how Obama's big party was done. And probably not like how Sturgis is being done...
Last edited by ggait on Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott stupid. Country over party.

Return to “POLITICS”