All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

DocBarrister

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by DocBarrister »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:54 pm26,000th post.
Wait a minute … who on Earth has 26,000 posts?!?

DocBarrister :?:
@DocBarrister
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:15 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:54 pm26,000th post.
Wait a minute … who on Earth has 26,000 posts?!?

DocBarrister :?:
all things coronavirus, with adjustment from your lobbying.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:39 pm Anti-VAXX nurse switches vaccine for saline.
we should be like germany.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:32 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:39 pm Anti-VAXX nurse switches vaccine for saline.
Is this you?

https://twitter.com/andydhorowitz/statu ... 59649?s=21

It was in a jazz musicians Twitter feed.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:00 pm
Is this you?

fanlax is my social media drop. twitter's the wild west and can get you fired or cancelled.

masks are just the soup du jour. tests at 5 million/day? 10? 30? federally coordinated? contact tracing?
2020 on fanlax and beyond... ahhh... the days.

not for nothing, but if i can predict it doesn't matter who was heading this up, anyone could. not that difficult. it's a big ship and politics.

i guess if you go on teevee and say "masks" daily, it's all good. google search shouldn't be "top 5 masks" anyway. should be "tld's masks".
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:12 pm Ivermectin Study -- no effect.
“Its repurposing as a COVID treatment began with a 2020 paper by Australian researchers who determined that at extremely high concentrations it showed some efficacy against the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which causes COVID, in the lab. But their research involved concentrations of the drug far beyond what could be achieved, much less tolerated, in the human body.”

Sort of like bleach.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:20 pm
Is this you?

fanlax is my social media drop. twitter's the wild west and can get you fired or cancelled.

masks are just the soup du jour. tests at 5 million/day? 10? 30? federally coordinated? contact tracing?

not for nothing, but if i can predict it doesn't matter who was heading this up, anyone could. not that difficult. it's a big ship and politics.

i guess if you go on teevee and say "masks" daily, it's all good. google search shouldn't be "top 5 masks" anyway. should be "tld's masks".
There is lacrosse and jazz stuff I follow and one scientist. That came up in a Noah Preminger feed. I do my best to stay away from tripe, other than Fanlax. I don’t read article comment either. No point.

This is good enough: https://www.homedepot.com/b/Safety-Equi ... Selection=
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:25 pm
Is this you?

There is lacrosse and jazz stuff I follow and one scientist. That came up in a Noah Preminger feed. I do my best to stay away from tripe, other than Fanlax. I don’t read article comment either. No point.

damn, they got 25 boxes at my location. and that's a great price!
stole big boxes of medical masks in 20-21 at the pharmacy near my kid's college. they were giving them away.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:10 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:25 pm
Is this you?

damn, they got 25 boxes at my location. and that's a great price!
stole big boxes of medical masks in 20-21 at the pharmacy near my kid's college. they were giving them away.
I try to be helpful.
“I wish you would!”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Trump Keeps Rejecting Pleas From Allies for Pro-Vax Campaign

Because that's the kinda guy he is...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... me/619726/

This piece by Ed Hong entitled - Now What? Cases of COVID-19 are rising fast. Vaccine uptake has plateaued.

The pandemic will end—but the way there is different now is worth the time to read despite its length.

Hong has been consistently writing about the pandemic for quite some time now and his research has been pretty spot on.
His take on what has changed with the Delta variant is especially enlightening and also worrisome as to how the pandemic is going to end if it ever does.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:18 am Trump Keeps Rejecting Pleas From Allies for Pro-Vax Campaign

Because that's the kinda guy he is...

according to the polling, looks like we'd do well to focus not on the reds, but the blues:
17% will never take it.
of those, 70% rep, 6% dem. and that's most of the reds.

the rest (gap to about 69%, or another 14% of total) is hesitancy. 98?% of dems left may be convinced. their total, ballparking with those lean dem, stands at 76% (vs 62% rep). if we got just half of those dems off the fence, we're at 75%. plus the previously infected of unvaxxed.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:17 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:07 pm
jhu72 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:53 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:00 am
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:58 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:31 am
old salt wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:54 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:37 am
old salt wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:05 am Many young, healthy people do a personal risk assessment on whether or not to take the vaccine.
Given that it is still an Emergency Use Authorization indicates that it is not yet possible to know the long term effects.

We've encountered many young female vet techs & health care workers who fear potential fertility & birth defect risks, yet unknown.
So far, they prefer to take the risk of surviving the infection. If Delta produces significantly more hospitalizations & serious illness among the young without high risk factors, more will accept the vaccination.

When the govt cites broad categories of stats, without distinguishing or controlling for risk factors within the group cited, it undermines confidence in the motives of the govt.
2% of the 199,000,000 cases opened up have ended in death. Enough people don’t get vaccinated, we may get to Zeta. When these people are sitting at home and perhaps out of work, it’s not “the government’s fault”….it’s ain’t called a novel virus for nothing. Wishful thinking and prayers may eventually help…. You speak for all those people?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6528469/

All lies.
I speak only for myself -- I'm vaccinated. I'm passing along what decliners have told me.
They need to be convinced. What's been done has not worked on them.
They are accurate when the say none of us know the long term effects of these vaccines still under an EUSA.

Estimates are that the rest of the globe won't have vaccine avail to all willing to take it until sometme in 2023.
We'll have zeta here by then, unless we close our borders.
Strict social distancing works even better…but but.

Democrats in action, nothing beats it!!!

1. Lori Beetlejuice Lightfoot attends 250,000 person Lollapalooza event maskless

https://abc7chicago.com/lollapalooza-20 ... /10924383/

3. Mayor Bowser of DC officiates a maskless wedding after telling the citizens they must wear masks!

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/video-dc-ma ... sk-mandate

3. Obama to host 500 person, 200 staff birthday party at his Martha’s Vineyard oceanfront compound (global warming doesn’t happen on the Vineyard!!! :lol: )

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... s-vineyard

Man, love to see this!!! Will MDLax peel away from Desantis Derangement to criticize these Democratic politicians?! :lol: :lol:
I'm 100% ok with critiquing any actual hypocrisy from any of these elected officials. And certainly any stumbles in messaging.

Tell me, what was or will be the vaccine status of the participants?
Is that confirmed status?

Are the events inside or outside?
What was the ventilation, if inside at all...were ANY participants, whether guests or staff unvaccinated?

This mask mandate for inside is all about the inability to control for, in lots of situations, the vaccination status of those around you.

If everyone is vaccinated, risk goes nearly to nil...but if not, it's a problem in areas where Delta is present.
... the Chicago rock concert required presentation of proof of vaccination (Federal vaccination card), or a clean COVID test within 2 days before the concert and wear a mask. It was an outdoor event. Lots of unvaccinated folks tried to attend without COVID test but were turned away at the gates. According to reports. The organizers apparently followed guidelines.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I gather jhu72 did not see the videos of those being waved through the entrance gates in Chicago.

https://twitter.com/jaymalgreen/status/ ... 86499?s=21

Or the gate crashers themselves.

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/stat ... 94497?s=21

I should be paid by Fanlax to do this fact checking, as embarrassing as it is for Democrats.
uh huh, so what this shows is that the process of checking status was very loose, practically an 'honor' system...but attendees didn't know that beforehand, they thought they were going to need to show proof...were there scofflaws? I bet there were, but behavioral science says that people actually obey such requirements at a very high rate.

Contrast this with a rally where most of the attendees are openly defiant of vax or mask or testing or whatever the current public health guidance might be. Indeed, where there are zero requirements...on purpose.

Which is more dangerous as a spreader?

Is Lollapalooza a Democratic event???

Another MD preferred liberal narrative fails. Looks like Martha’s Vineyard is now a hot spot. :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://vineyardgazette.com/news/2021/0 ... ards-again

Covid-19 cases have shot back up on Martha’s Vineyard, with health agents reporting 48 new positive tests during the first week in August, including three case clusters at Edgartown businesses.

Should Obama have hosted the party now?!

Will the liberal narrative ever cease to amuse :lol:
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Kismet wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:44 am https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... me/619726/

This piece by Ed Hong entitled - Now What? Cases of COVID-19 are rising fast. Vaccine uptake has plateaued.

The pandemic will end—but the way there is different now is worth the time to read despite its length.

Hong has been consistently writing about the pandemic for quite some time now and his research has been pretty spot on.
His take on what has changed with the Delta variant is especially enlightening and also worrisome as to how the pandemic is going to end if it ever does.
Absolutely great read!

Makes clear that herd immunity not likely to be reached, and virus will become endemic. Also that masking and other protective measures like proper ventilation will be needed to operate schools, etc. And making sure, for example all adults in schools are vaccinated...
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

covid trouble in Paradise {sic}:

Texas' GOP governor is now asking for out-of-state help for COVID surge after banning mask mandates

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas ... d=msedgntp

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott on Monday called on hospitals to delay elective procedures and said he is working to find out-of-state medical workers to assist with an alarming surge of COVID patients that has quickly filled up the state's ICUs.

The Republican governor sent a letter to the Texas Hospital Association asking hospitals to "voluntarily postpone elective medical procedures" in order to free up beds for Covid patients. Abbott said in a statement that he has also directed the state's health department to use staffing agencies to find out-of-state medical staff to address staffing shortages. The state will also open antibody infusion centers and expand vaccine availability in an effort to reduce the hospitalization numbers.

Some hospitals in states that have seen large infection surges have already started delaying procedures, which may pose serious health risks. Nevada law professor Michael Kagan told CNN on Tuesday that his cancer surgery was pushed back because there were not enough recovery beds.

"So basically I have untreated deadly cancer," he told the network, adding that "it could spread to another part of my body or it can grow and cause a much greater problem so I'm just living with a time bomb and just letting it tick down basically because I'm not getting any treatment."

Abbott touted the moves as him "taking action" to combat the recent rise of hospitalizations, which have increased by 100% over the last two weeks to nearly 9,000. The state is averaging 12,000 new confirmed cases per day, a 125% increase over the past 14 days. Only 44% of the state's residents are vaccinated, below the national average of 50%.

But Abbott did not reverse his earlier orders barring local governments and school districts from enacting masking and social distancing requirements. Local officials have decried the bans after two emergency rooms in the state were forced to temporarily shut down due to the Covid spike and a major Houston hospital set up tents to handle overflow Covid patients after its ICU hit 100% capacity. A Houston health official warned last week that the state's health care system was nearing a "breaking point" and a nursing shortage that has forced patients to be transferred to hospitals in other cities, sometimes more than 100 miles away. One patient was transferred to a hospital in North Dakota.

Alarmed by the rise in infections, school districts in major cities are defying Abbott's ban on mask mandates. The Dallas and Austin school districts said Monday they would require all staff and students to mask up and the Houston school district has already announced a mask requirement that is pending board approval. Abbott has threatened to hit districts that defy the ban with $1,000 fines, though it's unclear if they would face multiple fines if they violate his order. The Texas education commissioner also has the power to oust local school board officials and appoint his own members.

"It is very difficult to make these decisions, and yet not difficult when we think about what some of the consequences can be," Austin Superintendent Stephanie Elizalde said at a board meeting on Monday, according to the Austin American-Statesman.

Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins, a Democrat, on Monday filed a temporary restraining order to stop enforcement of Abbott's mask mandate ban and filed a lawsuit asking a judge to strike down the order, noting that there were only 14 ICU beds available in the entire county, which has more than 2.6 million residents.

"This is about ensuring there's adequate medical resources and hospital bed capacity to take care of people with COVID and any other condition that requires medical care or hospitalization," Jenkins said on Twitter. "Ultimately, it is about saving lives and protecting children."

The lawsuit accused Abbott of failing to protect residents and illegally superseding local authority, arguing that mask requirements are within local leaders' power to fight an "imminent threat to public safety," according to the Texas Tribune.

"Governor Abbott's attempts to prevent Judge Jenkins from protecting citizens threatens lives," the suit says. "Dallas County is in a precarious situation as the delta variant has increasingly ravaged the city."

The Southern Center for Child Advocacy, an Austin nonprofit, has also filed a lawsuit seeking to block Abbott's order, arguing that it would put children "at risk of imminent irreparable harm" and cost taxpayers untold sums as a result of "school closures, suits against local school districts for knowingly, recklessly and unnecessarily exposing students and staff to the risks of contagion, and the order's inordinate impact on students of color and students with special needs."

Officials in other major cities have also blasted Abbott's response to the Delta surge and for failing to deliver necessary aid.

"The governor has shown a callous disregard for life and safety in defiance of clear medical guidance and is risking the safety of our children and the recovery of our economy," San Antonio Mayor Ron Nirenberg said in a statement. "A week ago, we requested assistance to help the seriously overwhelmed hospitals and medical system, and we haven't heard a response."

Dr. Catherine Weaver, an associate dean at the University of Texas LBJ School of Public Affairs, accused Abbott of "blatant hypocrisy" for banning school mitigation measures while visitors at government facilities are required to undergo Covid testing.

"Schools aren't allowed to require testing, vaccinations or masks by mandate of our Governor, but you can't go see your elected officials unless your test negative first," she tweeted.

As usual in Texass, they always plead with other jurisdictions in order to bail them out. Maybe everyone else should just ignore them so that they can enjoy their "freedom" to die. Contrary to the delusionalism of the unpatriotic radical far right, the rest of us more intelligent folk know that all this talk of "freedom" and of going maskless because covid is a "hoax" is utter bullshttt.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:46 am covid trouble in Paradise {sic}:

Texas' GOP governor is now asking for out-of-state help for COVID surge after banning mask mandates

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott on Monday called on hospitals to delay elective procedures and said he is working to find out-of-state medical workers to assist with an alarming surge of COVID patients that has quickly filled up the state's ICUs.

The Republican governor sent a letter to the Texas Hospital Association asking hospitals to "voluntarily postpone elective medical procedures" in order to free up beds for Covid patients. Abbott said in a statement that he has also directed the state's health department to use staffing agencies to find out-of-state medical staff to address staffing shortages. The state will also open antibody infusion centers and expand vaccine availability in an effort to reduce the hospitalization numbers.

Some hospitals in states that have seen large infection surges have already started delaying procedures, which may pose serious health risks. Nevada law professor Michael Kagan told CNN on Tuesday that his cancer surgery was pushed back because there were not enough recovery beds.

"So basically I have untreated deadly cancer," he told the network, adding that "it could spread to another part of my body or it can grow and cause a much greater problem so I'm just living with a time bomb and just letting it tick down basically because I'm not getting any treatment."

Abbott touted the moves as him "taking action" to combat the recent rise of hospitalizations, which have increased by 100% over the last two weeks to nearly 9,000. The state is averaging 12,000 new confirmed cases per day, a 125% increase over the past 14 days. Only 44% of the state's residents are vaccinated, below the national average of 50%.

But Abbott did not reverse his earlier orders barring local governments and school districts from enacting masking and social distancing requirements. Local officials have decried the bans after two emergency rooms in the state were forced to temporarily shut down due to the Covid spike and a major Houston hospital set up tents to handle overflow Covid patients after its ICU hit 100% capacity. A Houston health official warned last week that the state's health care system was nearing a "breaking point" and a nursing shortage that has forced patients to be transferred to hospitals in other cities, sometimes more than 100 miles away. One patient was transferred to a hospital in North Dakota.

Alarmed by the rise in infections, school districts in major cities are defying Abbott's ban on mask mandates. The Dallas and Austin school districts said Monday they would require all staff and students to mask up and the Houston school district has already announced a mask requirement that is pending board approval. Abbott has threatened to hit districts that defy the ban with $1,000 fines, though it's unclear if they would face multiple fines if they violate his order. The Texas education commissioner also has the power to oust local school board officials and appoint his own members.

"It is very difficult to make these decisions, and yet not difficult when we think about what some of the consequences can be," Austin Superintendent Stephanie Elizalde said at a board meeting on Monday, according to the Austin American-Statesman.

Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins, a Democrat, on Monday filed a temporary restraining order to stop enforcement of Abbott's mask mandate ban and filed a lawsuit asking a judge to strike down the order, noting that there were only 14 ICU beds available in the entire county, which has more than 2.6 million residents.

"This is about ensuring there's adequate medical resources and hospital bed capacity to take care of people with COVID and any other condition that requires medical care or hospitalization," Jenkins said on Twitter. "Ultimately, it is about saving lives and protecting children."

The lawsuit accused Abbott of failing to protect residents and illegally superseding local authority, arguing that mask requirements are within local leaders' power to fight an "imminent threat to public safety," according to the Texas Tribune.

"Governor Abbott's attempts to prevent Judge Jenkins from protecting citizens threatens lives," the suit says. "Dallas County is in a precarious situation as the delta variant has increasingly ravaged the city."

The Southern Center for Child Advocacy, an Austin nonprofit, has also filed a lawsuit seeking to block Abbott's order, arguing that it would put children "at risk of imminent irreparable harm" and cost taxpayers untold sums as a result of "school closures, suits against local school districts for knowingly, recklessly and unnecessarily exposing students and staff to the risks of contagion, and the order's inordinate impact on students of color and students with special needs."

Officials in other major cities have also blasted Abbott's response to the Delta surge and for failing to deliver necessary aid.

"The governor has shown a callous disregard for life and safety in defiance of clear medical guidance and is risking the safety of our children and the recovery of our economy," San Antonio Mayor Ron Nirenberg said in a statement. "A week ago, we requested assistance to help the seriously overwhelmed hospitals and medical system, and we haven't heard a response."

Dr. Catherine Weaver, an associate dean at the University of Texas LBJ School of Public Affairs, accused Abbott of "blatant hypocrisy" for banning school mitigation measures while visitors at government facilities are required to undergo Covid testing.

"Schools aren't allowed to require testing, vaccinations or masks by mandate of our Governor, but you can't go see your elected officials unless your test negative first," she tweeted.

As usual in Texass, they always plead with other jurisdictions in order to bail them out. Maybe everyone else should just ignore them so that they can enjoy their "freedom" to die. Contrary to the delusionalism of the unpatriotic radical far right, the rest of us more intelligent folk know that all this talk of "freedom" and of going maskless because covid is a "hoax" is utter bullshttt.

As usual, Brook ignores other states seeing similar surges because those governors (D) aren’t responsible for their surges. Anyone seeing what’s happening in Louisiana?

It’s almost like only two governors in America are responsible for their states surges. Texas and Florida.

Weird.

🤡
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

trouble in the other Paradise:

https://i.imgur.com/0ZYF6kd.png
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Are COVID Symptoms Different With Delta?

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special-re ... ate_active
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:03 am
Brooklyn wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:46 am covid trouble in Paradise {sic}:

As usual, Brook ignores other states seeing similar surges because those governors (D) aren’t responsible for their surges. Anyone seeing what’s happening in Louisiana?

It’s almost like only two governors in America are responsible for their states surges. Texas and Florida.

Weird.

🤡
Vaccine and mask deniers are responsible for the surges, the both political and moral issue for Governors is which side they encourage.

Louisiana has an awful lot of unvaccinated. But not for lack of availability.

Return to “POLITICS”