Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
kramerica.inc

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by kramerica.inc »

old salt wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:01 am Where have all these migrants been going the past few years ? How did they get there ? What's become of them ?
What % have made it through the entire legal process to actual deportation or asylum & a green card ?
What % remain un-adjudicated, undocumented & at large ?
Better to ride in a chartered bus or airplane than being packed into an un-ventilated tractor trailer.

Funny how nobody cared about this until they were dropped off in the back yards of the elites. NIMBY
The US government has always taxed the behavior that it dislikes or is overwhelming the system.

Surprised the US government doesn't just reduce the amount of aid the US is sending each country depending upon how many immigrants come seeking asylum. Put financial pressure on these countries to get their act together. If 12k Venezuelans show up this year in the US? Reduce Venezuela's US aid by ~$20K per head. Save some cash or send that money to ICE or DHS.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:01 am Where have all these migrants been going the past few years ? How did they get there ? What's become of them ?
What % have made it through the entire legal process to actual deportation or asylum & a green card ?
Better to ride in a chartered bus or airplane than being packed into an un-ventilated tractor trailer.

Funny how nobody cared about this until they were dropped off in the back yards of the elites. NIMBY
There’s a massive cohort that’s been arguing to looser immigration laws for years. That’s actually people caring while the ones “caring” which by that I mean complaining like little whiny selfish girls about this issue with no solutions but locking their bedroom door so not really caring at all.

So what you say isn’t true. We’ve shrunk legal immigration in an almost curvilinear pattern over 40yrs while being below replacement rate household child formation over that same period.

Just a dumb comment to say those people don’t care. Do you even know anyone who lives in cape cod? (Not the best crew to hold up as an example but better than the folks in Harrison AR or the police state outside Birmingham). The same people complaint have reduced legal immigration to nothing while running their sub replacement rate families (that’s right the selfish boomer class) because they lied about else last immigration like many lied about abortion and they didn’t want compromise or moderation it was all or nothing and totally dishonest about the fact that they wanted zero immigration. They being the wing that’s stolen the Republican Party from the country for their own ridiculous out of touch with reality needs.

This is dumb and anyone that supports it it a piece of sh*t. Period.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Why wouldn’t AOC and the crazy liberals start sending criminals and single mother’s with issues to states like Phoenix, FL and TX?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:51 am

The US government has always taxed the behavior that it dislikes or is overwhelming the system.

Surprised the US government doesn't just reduce the amount of aid the US is sending each country depending upon how many immigrants come seeking asylum. Put financial pressure on these countries to get their act together. If 12k Venezuelans show up this year in the US? Reduce Venezuela's US aid by ~$20K per head. Save some cash or send that money to ICE or DHS.
You have no idea why that is one of the dumber ideas put forth. Do your homework.
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:21 pm

You have no idea why that is one of the dumber ideas put forth. Do your homework.
What's dumb is continuing the current path that hasn't worked.
Sending aid to countries that don't distribute the aid or work to resolve the issues in their own countries is the problem.
Want to fix the Venezuelan immigrant exodus? Fix the political problem in Venezuela. Stop the citizens being arbitrarily detained. Fix the soaring inflation there. The US needs to divert some of the political attention and nation building occurring in the Middle East, Ukraine and Taiwan to south of the border. These countries aren't getting it done on their own. Many of these countries can fix their problems. They just don't want to. So the US border continues to be overrun by asylum seekers at an extreme rate.
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:43 pm

Sending aid to countries that don't distribute the aid or work to resolve the issues in their own countries is the problem.
Want to fix the Venezuelan immigrant exodus? Fix the political problem in Venezuela. Stop the citizens being arbitrarily detained. Fix the soaring inflation there. The US needs to divert some of the political attention and nation building occurring in the Middle East, Ukraine and Taiwan to south of the border. These countries aren't getting it done on their own. Many of these countries can fix their problems. They just don't want to. So the US border continues to be overrun by asylum seekers at an extreme rate.
What you suggested is dumb. Do your homework and you may realize why. Of course we need to “fix” the problem. Why didn’t Trump and crew fix it? He had the votes.

Why not make it easier to immigrate legally? What’s wrong with making it easier?
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Setting aside the concept of incentives and how the poor actually function int he works for a minute, your solution is one sided to a problem that’s gridlocked because of the actions of two sides. It’s not a solution that accommodates the country only the ones that want to punish these illegal immigrants and their families.

So suggesting that what one side is doing is dumb and some proposal is better that doesn’t accommodate both sides is kind of dumb in that such a proposal would only continue the gridlock and not ever change anything further perputaitmg the situation that you think is dumb.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Orange Cheato tried this when he was in charge with the triangle countries of Guatemala, Honduras and Costa Rica. It didn't work for him either. :oops:

Not to mention we aren't giving aid to Cuba, Nicaragua and Venezuela currently so can't cut what you don't give in the first place
Last edited by Kismet on Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

You dont make it easier to imigrate when you dont have the resources or political will to support immigration change. Immigration is hard in EVERY country in the world, for important reasons. At the top of them security and ensuring there are enough resources to properly take care of our new citizens. Open borders don't work. Especially not for decades...unchecked.
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:09 pm You dont make it easier to imigrate when you dont have the resources or political will to support immigration change. Immigration is hard in EVERY country in the world, for important reasons. At the top of them security and ensuring there are enough resources to properly take care of our new citizens. Open borders don't work. Especially not for decades...unchecked.
Who said we have an “open border” you travel out of the country recently? I have.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Why don’t they work? I mean is would be ludicrous to expect a zero negative event scenario even with the tightest border control in the universe. So that can’t be the standard. So what costs are acceptable relative to control of borders. I haven’t seen one word about that. We allow the FDA to approve drugs that have costs to them.

So what is this costing us vs the benefits?
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:09 pm You dont make it easier to imigrate when you dont have the resources or political will to support immigration change. Immigration is hard in EVERY country in the world, for important reasons. At the top of them security and ensuring there are enough resources to properly take care of our new citizens. Open borders don't work. Especially not for decades...unchecked.
We had our solitary chance post 9/11, when the entire nation understood that securing ALL of our borders was paramount.

What did we do, instead of FINALLY fixing our borders and immigration system?

We invaded Iraq and cut taxes instead. Brilliant.
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:17 pm Why don’t they work? I mean is would be ludicrous to expect a zero negative event scenario even with the tightest border control in the universe. So that can’t be the standard. So what costs are acceptable relative to control of borders. I haven’t seen one word about that. We allow the FDA to approve drugs that have costs to them.

Homes get broken into every day….homeowners have an open house policy.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:23 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:17 pm Why don’t they work? I mean is would be ludicrous to expect a zero negative event scenario even with the tightest border control in the universe. So that can’t be the standard. So what costs are acceptable relative to control of borders. I haven’t seen one word about that. We allow the FDA to approve drugs that have costs to them.

And for all the folks who think crime only happens in poor ghetto areas the reality is the nicest neighborhoods are targeted because it’s easier to pawn nice electronics and jewelers than Uesta Hold containers, sprite bottles and car window tape..

Of course we are the country they want to come to it’s a honor that everyone wants to come here and we should protect that reputation in the world.
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:29 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:23 pm

And for all the folks who think crime only happens in poor ghetto areas the reality is the nicest neighborhoods are targeted because it’s easier to pawn nice electronics and jewelers than Uesta Hold containers, sprite bottles and car window tape..

Of course we are the country they want to come to it’s a honor that everyone wants to come here and we should protect that reputation in the world.
Open house policy! This is equivalent to our border points of entry not being manned!

“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Cheap, immigrant slave labor isn't a bug, it's a feature. The migrant labor "problem" is just the way industries that rely on below market value labor want it. And, as a bonus, the reThugs can cudgel the Dems with it as the whip their not-so-smart base into a frenzy about it. Straight out of Goebbels' manual. Not particularly difficult to pierce the veil on this one.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:59 pm

Cheap, immigrant slave labor isn't a bug, it's a feature. The migrant labor "problem" is just the way industries that rely on below market value labor want it. And, as a bonus, the reThugs can cudgel the Dems with it as the whip their not-so-smart base into a frenzy about it. Straight out of Goebbels' manual. Not particularly difficult to pierce the veil on this one.
One of my favorites, lucky to have been able to hang with Taj, he’s got the song for you.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AQM31tyUCsc
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:16 pm
Who said we have an “open border” you travel out of the country recently? I have.
As you noted, there is a pretty major difference between travelling through an airport or northern border vs the southern border. Even the movies know that. :lol:

Another:

Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:28 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:16 pm
As you noted, there is a pretty major difference between travelling through an airport or northern border vs the southern border. Even the movies know that. :lol:

Another:

So our borders aren’t wide open? We don’t have an open border policy. Breaking into this country is dangerous…..how many illegals are working in your building. We have a bunch of them taking up Structures Products jobs.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

More asylum seekers shipped to Cape Cod….. oh, my bad, those were dogs.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”