Re: 2019 Fantasy Lacrosse Draft

Post by admin »

GCCLax Tuesday, 23-Oct
NC Lax 24-Oct
FCALax 25-Oct
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

Oh no....Matnum starting that run on D early this year...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

2019 - 2nd pick of 2nd round
2018 - 1st pick of 2nd round.
2017 - 5th pick of 2nd round
2016 - etc.

the first D being picked at this point in the draft is the norm. and, even so, historically, some grab a D early while some wait. who knows...
gcclaxster67

Post by gcclaxster67 »

UMBC Defense
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

NC Lax Wednesday, 24-Oct
FCALax 25-Oct
OCanada 26-Oct
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

Gabriel Procyk - A - UMASS - FR
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

nclaxin wrote:Gabriel Procyk - A - UMASS - FR
An under the radar pick. Smart.
“I wish you would!”
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

admin wrote:2019 - 2nd pick of 2nd round
2018 - 1st pick of 2nd round.
2017 - 5th pick of 2nd round
2016 - etc.

the first D being picked at this point in the draft is the norm. and, even so, historically, some grab a D early while some wait. who knows...
Hopefully my top D is available in a week!
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
nclaxin wrote:Gabriel Procyk - A - UMASS - FR
An under the radar pick. Smart.
An under the radar pick that probably would've been available in the 3rd round.
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

Maybe....or O'Canada takes him. Learned a while ago to take the guy you want, regardless
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

To many times I have waited on a low profile guy expecting him to be there next round only to find someone like NC takes him just prior to my pick. Just saying
Last edited by OCanada on Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

OCanada wrote:To many times I have waited on a low profile guy expecting him to be there next round pnkybto find someone like NC takes him just prior to my pick. Just saying
Yep...
“I wish you would!”
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

A UMBC freshman early in the 2nd round seems like a stretch. How many UMBC players have any of you regretted not drafting?
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

UMBC ? None. I have drafted two. One was a major contributor fir his one year. Tugboat as he was known. I think I got him last round. He netted 40 as u recall. Canadian. Never returned. Other one was Lewnes. Family owns what might be th best steak house in Annapolis.

The UMBC Defense was tempting until it wasn’t

Too much information with little barrier to obtaining.,
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Late in the 2nd Round, you pick again in 4 picks, 8, picks, whatever. Early in the 2nd Round, you pick again in 38 Picks, 34 Picks, whatever. In 34 Picks, Gabe is gone.

PS I had Brendan Mundorf (UMBC) for 4 years. If I remember correctly, his senior year, he took me to the Finals and then, for the Finals, he was injured. Good while it lasted.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

Everyone drafts differently. My "draft pool" probably does not look like most due to where I am drafting. Honestly, I had no intention of taking Solomon and was shocked he was available, so I snagged him. The only player taken before my first pick that I even had on a list was Simmons (Thanks OCanada...).

I have had good luck snagging "under the radar" in the second and third rounds guys who ended up putting up big points for me. Athan Ianucci, Josh Byrne, Ian Dingman, etc. Hoping to do the same here.

Someone I know who has seen Procyk a fair amount compared him to a Gannon/Loyola Gavin Prout "ish" player. If that comes even close to panning out...I'll take it.

I would venture to guess that out of the next 5 guys that I would really like to have, "maybe" 2 get taken before it comes back to me. We will see. Had to choose between Procyk and those 2 guys.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

nclaxin wrote:Everyone drafts differently. My "draft pool" probably does not look like most due to where I am drafting. Honestly, I had no intention of taking Solomon and was shocked he was available, so I snagged him. The only player taken before my first pick that I even had on a list was Simmons (Thanks OCanada...).

I have had good luck snagging "under the radar" in the second and third rounds guys who ended up putting up big points for me. Athan Ianucci, Josh Byrne, Ian Dingman, etc. Hoping to do the same here.

Someone I know who has seen Procyk a fair amount compared him to a Gannon/Loyola Gavin Prout "ish" player. If that comes even close to panning out...I'll take it.

I would venture to guess that out of the next 5 guys that I would really like to have, "maybe" 2 get taken before it comes back to me. We will see. Had to choose between Procyk and those 2 guys.
NC, thanks for responding and continuing the conversation. You are correct, that everyone's board looks different, and the 3rd and 4th rounds have been extremely important for me as well.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

NC: last year I went thru the season undefeated. In the first round playoff game my offensive output dropped by about 50%.

So how do I improve the team. Can I count on two of my middies to omprovecenough and for Loyola to scheme a solution to the shut off on Spenser? Part of the problem was the team matchups that week. It was a perfect storm. I lost by double digits.

I didn’t expect Simmons to be available butvtgete he was. I couldn’t pass up a pick I thought should have been top 5. Maybe he is worthy maybe not. Everything flows from that now. I was going a different direction until that point.
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

OCanada wrote:NC: last year I went thru the season undefeated. In the first round playoff game my offensive output dropped by about 50%.

So how do I improve the team. Can I count on two of my middies to omprovecenough and for Loyola to scheme a solution to the shut off on Spenser? Part of the problem was the team matchups that week. It was a perfect storm. I lost by double digits.

I didn’t expect Simmons to be available butvtgete he was. I couldn’t pass up a pick I thought should have been top 5. Maybe he is worthy maybe not. Everything flows from that now. I was going a different direction until that point.
Anything can happen regular season vs playoffs...I think two years ago I smashed the league with a lot of points, finished first and went out R1 playoffs due to army defence deciding Pat Spencer and the Loyola crew could score at free will for the day...
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

UK mind if I ask where in the UK.

Return to “2019 D1 MENS FANTASY LACROSSE”