Coaching Carousel 2024

D3 Mens Lacrosse
TopperLax82

Re: Coaching Carousel 2024

Post by TopperLax82 »

VTLaxGuy wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 12:53 pm
SneaksBeac wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 11:19 am Albertus is done.

https://www.albertusfalcons.com/informa ... _Bronander
This is a sneaky good hire for Albertus. Coach Bronander knows the New England recruiting scene from both the college, and the club / high school coach side of things; having spent time at Bridgton and Milton as well as a stint with 3D New England.

Best of all, he's had experience at Albertus as an assistant coach. I heard a veteran coach once say that the best sign of respect a young coach can receive is to have an AD want to bring them back when a full time job opens. It looks like this was the case for Coach Bronander. Good hire.
Oberlin was halfway decent last year - but recruiting a AM is going to be a lot different than recruiting at Oberlin. He needs to fill some beds.
Laxfather68

Post by Laxfather68 »

Heard Coach Peluso at Stevens is on the chopping block after very negative end of the year reviews. I know it was mentioned earlier in this thread, but does anyone know anything else about this? I was told through the grapevine and a pretty reliable source but wanted to see if anyone else had heard anything similar? I’d imagine that would be a very intriguing job if this were the case
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

Laxfather68 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 5:12 pm Heard Coach Peluso at Stevens is on the chopping block after very negative end of the year reviews. I know it was mentioned earlier in this thread, but does anyone know anything else about this? I was told through the grapevine and a pretty reliable source but wanted to see if anyone else had heard anything similar? I’d imagine that would be a very intriguing job if this were the case
Not happening this year.
DarkKnight650

Post by DarkKnight650 »

laxdad1434 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:48 pm
Asgot wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:26 pm
laxdad1434 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 6:28 pm
Asgot wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2024 9:39 am
pcowlax wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:49 pm
Asgot wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:25 pm NJ has lots to offer and FDU has a Nice campus but, outside of Stevens it’s lacrosse at the D3 level is mediocre
I'm not sure it make sense to say something like "NJ has lots to offer" when discussing hiring at a given school. It's an entire state, of course it has lots to offer. So do all states. No one is going to chose to coach a school because it is in the same state as Hoboken. NJ produces lots of excellent lacrosse players, most of the better of whom chose to go to college elsewhere, both at the D1 and D3 level. Rectify that and these schools could attract better coaches. Selling them on the boardwalk at Wildwood is probably not going to cut it.
Just trying to be nice about the difficulties of attracting lacrosse players to the schools. It after competing with the D1 and top D3 programs the FDU’s and Keqn’s of the world have to get lucky or have some connection to a school to get kids. Kean had a good in with Central but does that go away with Shelly being done. Does Stone’s liability and connections to club teams in NJ help him recruit.
We will see.
Thanks for being nice…but you’re misinformed about the HC connection.
I would say that 5 kids in the past fees years from the same program is a connection and he got some good kids out of that school.
Agreed the 6 kids were/are very good. very good is an understatement for some of them. But, it wasn’t the former coach that got them there.
Interesting take on the recruiting process.

Been reading up on the Kean comments. Seems like you think you know a lot as the parent of a current player.

Maybe I’ll spill some beans about hiring process … Kean AD doesn’t look very bright at the moment. Hopefully he navigates this successfully for the program.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

DarkKnight650 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 12:20 am
Asgot wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:25 pm NJ has lots to offer and FDU has a Nice campus but, outside of Stevens it’s lacrosse at the D3 level is mediocre
I'm not sure it make sense to say something like "NJ has lots to offer" when discussing hiring at a given school. It's an entire state, of course it has lots to offer. So do all states. No one is going to chose to coach a school because it is in the same state as Hoboken. NJ produces lots of excellent lacrosse players, most of the better of whom chose to go to college elsewhere, both at the D1 and D3 level. Rectify that and these schools could attract better coaches. Selling them on the boardwalk at Wildwood is probably not going to cut it.
Just trying to be nice about the difficulties of attracting lacrosse players to the schools. It after competing with the D1 and top D3 programs the FDU’s and Keqn’s of the world have to get lucky or have some connection to a school to get kids. Kean had a good in with Central but does that go away with Shelly being done. Does Stone’s liability and connections to club teams in NJ help him recruit.
We will see.
I would say that 5 kids in the past fees years from the same program is a connection and he got some good kids out of that school.
Agreed the 6 kids were/are very good. very good is an understatement for some of them. But, it wasn’t the former coach that got them there.

Been reading up on the Kean comments. Seems like you think you know a lot as the parent of a current player.

Maybe I’ll spill some beans about hiring process … Kean AD doesn’t look very bright at the moment. Hopefully he navigates this successfully for the program.
Anybody connected to the program knows how the HC kids got there, it's common knowledge.

I don't know the AD, never spoke with him. But, he has made it clear to the players he does not care for the program. That may be due to the former coach, but he/they aren't going to try and help the program, that's for sure.
nevadajoe

Post by nevadajoe »

backerzone

Post by backerzone »

Laxfather68 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 5:12 pm Heard Coach Peluso at Stevens is on the chopping block after very negative end of the year reviews. I know it was mentioned earlier in this thread, but does anyone know anything else about this? I was told through the grapevine and a pretty reliable source but wanted to see if anyone else had heard anything similar? I’d imagine that would be a very intriguing job if this were the case
Chopping block? This is laughable.
DarkKnight650

Post by DarkKnight650 »

laxdad1434 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 11:28 am
DarkKnight650 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 12:20 am
We will see.

Anybody connected to the program knows how the HC kids got there, it's common knowledge.

I don't know the AD, never spoke with him. But, he has made it clear to the players he does not care for the program. That may be due to the former coach, but he/they aren't going to try and help the program, that's for sure.
Yes, 6 kids huddled up in a room, pulled out a list of colleges, and said let’s all go there. I’ll believe that when Cows fly.

You sure love to blame a coach, who hasn’t had a losing season in 15 years. I’m starting to think parents like yourself were the problem.
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

Middlebury assistant job posted 3 weeks ago. Some changes being made.
VTLaxGuy

Post by VTLaxGuy »

I'm not sure if I saw it here, or on the NESCAC thread, but the rumor was that Midd Assistant Troy Haefele was PA to join the Lafayette staff.
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

VTLaxGuy wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 12:50 pm I'm not sure if I saw it here, or on the NESCAC thread, but the rumor was that Midd Assistant Troy Haefele was PA to join the Lafayette staff.
I believe this is a solid hirer. Lafayette could be moving forward. Haefele has great experience and will be a great addition.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

I heard a rumor the Sheiner took a job at Dominican, I am searching for confirmation but it would be ironic that he got a job before Kean got filled.
DarkKnight650

Post by DarkKnight650 »

Asgot wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:37 pm I heard a rumor the Sheiner took a job at Dominican, I am searching for confirmation but it would be ironic that he got a job before Kean got filled.
That would be a shorter retirement than Tom Brady.
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

DarkKnight650 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 3:11 pm
Asgot wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:37 pm I heard a rumor the Sheiner took a job at Dominican, I am searching for confirmation but it would be ironic that he got a job before Kean got filled.
^^^
Haha. Good for Coach. Kean made a mistake! Shame on Parents/players pushing good people out!
boblaxnj

Post by boblaxnj »

backerzone wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 9:59 am
Chopping block? This is laughable.
Right after the season ended I was told through a parent that he would be “stepping down”. Recently heard from a pretty well know HS head coach in the area that he has been noticeably absent on the recruiting trail this summer also. Could absolutely be coincidental but felt it was worth noting.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

laxrules wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 3:35 pm
DarkKnight650 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 3:11 pm
^^^
Haha. Good for Coach. Kean made a mistake! Shame on Parents/players pushing good people out!
Parents? Parents played no role in this. He did it to himself. From the stories I’ve heard it’s a wonder he lasted as long as he did.
HomerCoach

Post by HomerCoach »

laxrules

Post by laxrules »

Parents? Parents played no role in this. He did it to himself. From the stories I’ve heard it’s a wonder he lasted as long as he did.
Comments like that are what I am referring to. You haven’t been too supportive of your kid’s coach. Making it sound like there has been a problem for years?? Cmon come clean you or/and other parents were involved.

Now the program is going to hire a part time guy? Bad look for Kean.
laxdad1434

Post by laxdad1434 »

laxrules wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 8:10 pm
Comments like that are what I am referring to. You haven’t been too supportive of your kid’s coach. Making it sound like there has been a problem for years?? Cmon come clean you or/and other parents were involved.

Now the program is going to hire a part time guy? Bad look for Kean.
What are you smoking? There was a problem for years. Five OC’s in 5 years, 3 DC’s in the same timeframe.

Dominican is perfect for him, he can coach the entire 20 kids by himself. Because, that’s what did at Kean. He belittled, shutoff, overruled, dismissed every idea an assistant had.

Shelly was p/t.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

I wouldn’t say the revolving door of assistant coaches would indicate something bad, more like he was hiring qualified candidates who were able to move on to better paying positions. It’s how D3 works..

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”