:D
MDralphie

Re: Maryland 2024

Post by MDralphie »

Great news!
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Cyber Monday sale for the Pride Pass $49. This will cover general admission tickets to all home games for men’s games

https://umterps.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncom ... =PridePass
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

This seemed to be a much bigger topic last year, but #36 should trade in his jersey for #1 this season. Then Malever in '25.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Sniffing around for some fantasy team but what’s the word out of CP on Thomas Gravino so far?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:58 am Sniffing around for some fantasy team but what’s the word out of CP on Thomas Gravino so far?
Gone be hard to tell at this moment. Malever and Erksa give the Terps a nice pair of talented attackmen, with Kelly most likely the third spot on attack. So with midfielders returning:
Maltz, J.Koras, Spanos, Whittier , and Murphy. There are a lot of guys to fill out other spots on the midfield lines with: Brennan, Syracusa, Tucker, Signorello, ... Some of this year's freshmen: Aitken (rs), Gravino,, or Stobaugh could stick their noses in as the season goes on.

Tills did RS several freshman last season so who knows if he may do something similar this year.
Seahawk

Post by Seahawk »

No mention of Cayden Onagi. He seems to have the "twitch" and shot that the Terps could use more of. I agree that there are more players than slots but he needs to see more time on the field IMO.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

AreaLax wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:45 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:58 am Sniffing around for some fantasy team but what’s the word out of CP on Thomas Gravino so far?
Gone be hard to tell at this moment. Malever and Erksa give the Terps a nice pair of talented attackmen, with Kelly most likely the third spot on attack. So with midfielders returning:
Maltz, J.Koras, Spanos, Whittier , and Murphy. There are a lot of guys to fill out other spots on the midfield lines with: Brennan, Syracusa, Tucker, Signorello, ... Some of this year's freshmen: Aitken (rs), Gravino,, or Stobaugh could stick their noses in as the season goes on.

Tills did RS several freshman last season so who knows if he may do something similar this year.
Figured he wouldn’t be running top two lines as a Fr but wondered if he could go firm light play or RS to running hard as Soph.

My son kept Griffin King since he want to another eligible team so probably having two guys there now doesn’t make sense and we both think you’ll be surprised by king. He’s as good or better than the kid (name escaping me at the moment) from Gate a few years back when Holden went over.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
MDralphie

Post by MDralphie »

Griffin Brown? If King is better than Brown, he will most certainly run on 2nd mid line at least. Lots of competition and depth bodes well.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

More schedule info
January 27 | Georgetown (Scrimmage) | Cooper Field
Feb 3 rd @ Richmond
Feb 24, home vs Princeton
Mar 9th home vs Brown
Mar 16th home vs Virginia
April 06, 2024 home OSU
Apr 20th @ Hopkins

Big Ten Championship
April 27 Saturday - Quarterfinals
May 2 - May 4 - Semifinals and Finals at OSU

Rumor but not confirmed
Feb 17 at Syracuse
March 2nd at ND
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Seahawk wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:25 am No mention of Cayden Onagi. He seems to have the "twitch" and shot that the Terps could use more of. I agree that there are more players than slots but he needs to see more time on the field IMO.
In the St. Joe's and Harvard scrimmages, he was all over the place. Ran midfield when Malever was at attack. Ran at attack when Malever was out. Played EMO. Rode like his hair was on fire. Won match-ups all over the field. Lots of Terps' parents were like "Gonna be hard to keep him off the field this year."
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

MDralphie wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:06 pm Griffin Brown? If King is better than Brown, he will most certainly run on 2nd mid line at least. Lots of competition and depth bodes well.
With his shot, I could see him playing a very similar role that Brown played on the EMO.

It's going to be crazy hard to break into those top 2 midfield lines. Koras, Murphy, Whittier, Spanos, Onagi, Siracusa, Brennan, King, Goforth...you could probably run 3 lines of MF and not see a big drop off from 1 to 2 to 3.

One thing that will be interesting is if they break up the Spanos, Whittier, and Siracusa line. For all intents and purposes, that was the top line at the end of the season. They play really well off each other, and there's a little bit of everything in that line. Size, power, and creativity with Spanos. A shifty guy who can also dish in Whittier. Explosiveness and a hammer of a lefty shot in Siracusa.

Koras looked great in the fall. Do you keep him with Murphy? Does Brennan stay with him? Pretty sure Onagi is a lefty. Do you put Onagi with Koras and Murphy?

Lots of options.
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

Wheels wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:19 pm
MDralphie wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:06 pm Griffin Brown? If King is better than Brown, he will most certainly run on 2nd mid line at least. Lots of competition and depth bodes well.
It's going to be crazy hard to break into those top 2 midfield lines. Koras, Murphy, Whittier, Spanos, Onagi, Siracusa, Brennan, King, Goforth...you could probably run 3 lines of MF and not see a big drop off from 1 to 2 to 3.

New talent can break through.this lineup
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

More schedule info
January 27 | Georgetown (Scrimmage) | Cooper Field
Feb 3 @ Richmond
Feb 10 Loyola
Feb 17 at Syracuse
Feb 24, home vs Princeton
March 2nd at ND
Mar 9th home vs Brown
Mar 16th home vs Virginia
Mar 23 @ Michigan
March 30 @ PSU
April 06, 2024 home OSU
Apr 13 Rutgers
Apr 20th @ Hopkins

Big Ten Championship
April 27 Saturday - Quarterfinals
May 2 - May 4 - Semifinals and Finals at OSU

Look like the Big Ten games are changing from last year’s. Last year PSU, Michigan, OSU. But both PSU and OSU have put out their schedules and those games are back to back.
Last edited by AreaLax on Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

gmen1986

Post by gmen1986 »

Was reading about Maryland womens team's new stadium, it looks very nice!.. was curious though, is there anything on the horizon for the mens team, or will they have to play in the football stadium forever?
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

gmen1986 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:39 pm Was reading about Maryland womens team's new stadium, it looks very nice!.. was curious though, is there anything on the horizon for the mens team, or will they have to play in the football stadium forever?
The women's field hockey and lacrosse facility isn't new construction per se. It was a renovation of an existing facility. The renovation was more about the amenities than the field/stadium.

For the men, it would take probably a stadium sized between Homewood (8.5K) and 15K. They'd never build one the size of Panzer or the OSU stadium. Those are too small. Moving to Gossett for locker room, meeting rooms, treatment rooms, and weight room has been great for the team. A new stadium would have to have those amenities.

So...cost-wise...what are we talking about? $100M?

Do they try to renovate Ludwig, expand the seating, make actual locker rooms (right now, I think they use trailers)? Maybe. The grass playing surface for games would be great. The lacrosse team would tear it pieces, though, during practice. Soccer doesn't want field turf.

There's a lot of lacrosse history in Byrd/Maryland/SECU Stadium. Interestingly, no one ever talks about Syracuse leaving the Carrier Dome, even though it's the same size as SECU Stadium.
MDralphie

Post by MDralphie »

Wheels, it is very interesting how QK et al are forever taking shots at Terps home while always singing the praises about the Dome and the new fields at Michigan, OSU and PSU. The new fields are way too small. I called PSU ticket office to get some seats for Terps game this year and was told they will only sell them at the gate, no pre sale. The stadium is too small but I can hear the announcers claim how great the environment it is with 2000 rabid fans! What I really do not understand is how the Big tourney will be played at these puny venues. For fans like myself who travel, it stinks.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Wheels wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:57 am
gmen1986 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:39 pm Was reading about Maryland womens team's new stadium, it looks very nice!.. was curious though, is there anything on the horizon for the mens team, or will they have to play in the football stadium forever?
The women's field hockey and lacrosse facility isn't new construction per se. It was a renovation of an existing facility. The renovation was more about the amenities than the field/stadium.

For the men, it would take probably a stadium sized between Homewood (8.5K) and 15K. They'd never build one the size of Panzer or the OSU stadium. Those are too small. Moving to Gossett for locker room, meeting rooms, treatment rooms, and weight room has been great for the team. A new stadium would have to have those amenities.

So...cost-wise...what are we talking about? $100M?

Do they try to renovate Ludwig, expand the seating, make actual locker rooms (right now, I think they use trailers)? Maybe. The grass playing surface for games would be great. The lacrosse team would tear it pieces, though, during practice. Soccer doesn't want field turf.

There's a lot of lacrosse history in Byrd/Maryland/SECU Stadium. Interestingly, no one ever talks about Syracuse leaving the Carrier Dome, even though it's the same size as SECU Stadium.
Sometimes it takes years for a place to become special, and I would be cautious about throwing that away. I used to consider road trips to Byrd (and NMCS) highlights of the spring.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”