For hockey fans...

General Chatter
Brooklyn

Re: For hockey fans...

Post by Brooklyn »

Nigel wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:06 pm

That was as gutless as the Minnesota bench back in the day! Brooksie will tell ya!

I well remember that day as it was the time Minny management decided they had enough of wimpy puck and decided to bring back Glen Sonmor. For those who don't remember him, he was coach/general manager of the old Fighting Saints who were notorious for their violence and riotous living. IIRC the first guy he brought up was Jack Carlson - and you know what that means: 'nuff said!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

San Jose down 3-0 with like 10 min left in the 3rd.

VGK Cody Eakin seriously injures Pavelski right off a face off. Draws a game misconduct and San Jose scores 4 goals in 4 minutes to take the lead.

Way past my bed time. Never seen a game change momentum like this before. The shark tank is going bananas!

EDIT #1:
VGK tie it up 4-4 with 47 ticks remaining. Game is heading to OT. Game 7 classic.

EDIT #2:
Sharks win with 1:41 to go in the first OT. Incredible game.

EDIT #3:
Don't think a game misconduct 5 minute major was the right call. Hoping Pavelski is okay, but the call was not the right one.

Here is the 4 goal PP... my goodness that was insane to watch live!
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

I caught that must-see-hockey-tv too and it was truly unbelievable that the Sharks scored those 4 goals like they did. The place, and the Sharks, were going bonkers. And then to see the Knights tie it up --> crazy! But I bailed on the OT as it was approaching 1 am and I feared a marathon.

Agree w you DDT, really tough call against Vegas. The worst part about it (IMO) is that neither ref had any call on the cross check to begin with and there's no doubt there should've been one. Pretty obvious infraction. Looked like the linesman then blew the play dead. I read that Vegas was told by the on-ice officiating crew that the major penalty was chosen because the cross-check was delivered to Pavelski's face. Wrong! If true the decision made must've been that Pavelski was injured as a result of the cross check even though it could be argued that the injury appeared to be more directly related to the contact from Paul Stastny.

For what it's worth I also think the officiating crew made the wrong call on Cody Eakin's high stick goal earlier in the game.

Meanwhile, in the east, the B's get it done. Count Toronto in the group of teams that would like to see the playoffs revert back to the 1-8 format so as to NOT see the Bruins anymore! :P
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Fear the Canes ! .:shock:. .:? ..
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

old salt wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:38 pm Fear the Canes ! .:shock:. .:? ..
YIKES!
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Bruins could be hitting their stride suddenly as their top line is coming alive. And Chara continues to amaze as an old guy but he got tagged here,

If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Bruins take out CBJ, bring on the old Whalers!

DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

This just happened!
:lol:

Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Looks like it's gonna be a late night here with Blues Stars heading toward Game 7 double OT.

Officials have put the whistles away; IMO could've called 1-2 penalties on each team.

DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

Nigel wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:37 pm Looks like it's gonna be a late night here with Blues Stars heading toward Game 7 double OT.

Officials have put the whistles away; IMO could've called 1-2 penalties on each team.

I agree on the penalties.

Bishop is ridiculous. What a great game this is!
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

Home town hero wins it for the Blues in 2OT. Wow!
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

Hoping to see the Bruins vs the Blues for the Cup!
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

Hand pass...

That was BS....
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

DD-Tech wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 11:06 pm Hand pass...

That was BS....
100% agree. What on earth could the below-the-goal line ref be looking at??? I assume the neutral zone ref was blocked out but the refereeing seems to be a point of conversation on a regular basis in these playoffs. Total BS.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Nigel wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:50 am

That was BS....
100% agree. What on earth could the below-the-goal line ref be looking at??? I assume the neutral zone ref was blocked out but the refereeing seems to be a point of conversation on a regular basis in these playoffs. Total BS.
Certainly seemed as though there was an extra amount of attentiveness toward hand pass plays last night :!:

B's win w/o Chara but I'm not so sure I like the potential of a long time off before the final round starts. Seems a bit de'ja' vu CBJ style...
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

Nigel wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:17 pm
Nigel wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:50 am

That was BS....
Certainly seemed as though there was an extra amount of attentiveness toward hand pass plays last night :!:

B's win w/o Chara but I'm not so sure I like the potential of a long time off before the final round starts. Seems a bit de'ja' vu CBJ style...
Yeah I don't like the long break... but the Bruins are friggin good man.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Too funny! No doubt the Rat will make his presence felt in the Finals.

DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

Blues in 7

Love their game. Loved the way they beat up the Sharks.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

It feels like the last time we saw a hockey game was 1970!

Pierre must be foaming at the mouth to get his bald mug on TV again!

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”