Recruiting

D1 Womens Lacrosse
DMac

Re: Recruiting

Post by DMac »

Oh yeah, my bad, see he's on his third strike for now (that's usually an out of here, right...he/she's getting four this time?).
Enjoy the idiotic hyperbole while you can, he/she's not long for the freedom of posting in FL world.
We don't learn about always and never in the second grade? Then in the seventh we learn about mealy mouthed
opinions, right? Well, that is if we have an idiot for English teacher.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Clip duration 0:03
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

DMac wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:05 am Oh yeah, my bad, see he's on his third strike for now (that's usually an out of here, right...he/she's getting four this time?).
Enjoy the idiotic hyperbole while you can, he/she's not long for the freedom of posting in FL world.
We don't learn about always and never in the second grade? Then in the seventh we learn about mealy mouthed
“Life is the only game in which the object of the game is to learn the rules.” Or not.
OuttaNowhereWregget

DMac wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:05 am Oh yeah, my bad, see he's on his third strike for now (that's usually an out of here, right...he/she's getting four this time?).

...and nary an IMO in the bunch.

Apparently you subscribe to the same philosophy, DMac—which is good. It’s plain to see that the (strong) opinions you shared are your own. Adding IMO would be superfluous.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

it's been a little over a month since verbals started rolling, i want to look at a few school I feel (my opinion) have done well. The top dogs have already been discussed and i won't be mentioning them. In no particular Order,

Michigan: The best class in the programs short history thus far. Nielsen has done a good job locking down emerging talent from the midwest. Three 5 star prospects in this class. Truus van Wees is a player that easily could have went to a top 10 program. Was impressive at the USA U-16 games.

Vanderbilt: Still a ways off from truly being competitive, but they managed to snag one of the best goalies in this class in Emmerson Martin. Kiera Runske was another good get, one of the top players from florida.

USC: Munday got something cooking here..and i like it. Charlee Nyquist was a great coup. skilled player who i thought would be ranked. They also just landed the May twins out of colorado, one of them (Alexis) is a 5 star prospect in addition to Charlotte Morton, good goalie out of colorado.

Duke: Blue Devils got some really good players here. Have Heard alot of good things about Amanda Paci. Maybe needs to work on her lateral movement and foot speed. She struggled to guard Chloe Humphrey when they played but Humphrey does that to everyone as she's a generational talent.

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkxz-J2hP4L0u ... Tk9Wnu1pus  Humphrey beats her clean with speed and fake dodge (#45)

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxX6RaloSNRz ... PT0O-zP5M4 gets caught cheating a little, slips and in a split second Humphrey is gone. then beats her again in the second half of the clip with the same move as the first clip

Duke also had a good pickup with Sadie Stafford, who is a formidable middie for a very good Darien side.

Some overall observations: Serious talent in the midwest, especially Colorado. Coaches need to start trying trying to get in there. UNC has already established a strong footprint there. Michigan, USC, and Stanford have as well. BC and Maryland are lagging. Talent is spreading out throughout the country as the sport continues to gain popularity. There are now enough talented players that most schools will have something that these players like. Fine margins in recruiting will be the difference.
RollTheCrease

Post by RollTheCrease »

Kleizaster wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:22 am it's been a little over a month since verbals started rolling, i want to look at a few school I feel (my opinion) have done well. The top dogs have already been discussed and i won't be mentioning them. In no particular Order,

Michigan: The best class in the programs short history thus far. Nielsen has done a good job locking down emerging talent from the midwest. Three 5 star prospects in this class. Truus van Wees is a player that easily could have went to a top 10 program. Was impressive at the USA U-16 games.

Vanderbilt: Still a ways off from truly being competitive, but they managed to snag one of the best goalies in this class in Emmerson Martin. Kiera Runske was another good get, one of the top players from florida.

USC: Munday got something cooking here..and i like it. Charlee Nyquist was a great coup. skilled player who i thought would be ranked. They also just landed the May twins out of colorado, one of them (Alexis) is a 5 star prospect in addition to Charlotte Morton, good goalie out of colorado.

Duke: Blue Devils got some really good players here. Have Heard alot of good things about Amanda Paci. Maybe needs to work on her lateral movement and foot speed. She struggled to guard Chloe Humphrey when they played but Humphrey does that to everyone as she's a generational talent.

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkxz-J2hP4L0u ... Tk9Wnu1pus  Humphrey beats her clean with speed and fake dodge (#45)

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxX6RaloSNRz ... PT0O-zP5M4 gets caught cheating a little, slips and in a split second Humphrey is gone. then beats her again in the second half of the clip with the same move as the first clip

Duke also had a good pickup with Sadie Stafford, who is a formidable middie for a very good Darien side.

Some overall observations: Serious talent in the midwest, especially Colorado. Coaches need to start trying trying to get in there. UNC has already established a strong footprint there. Michigan, USC, and Stanford have as well. BC and Maryland are lagging. Talent is spreading out throughout the country as the sport continues to gain popularity. There are now enough talented players that most schools will have something that these players like. Fine margins in recruiting will be the difference.
Enjoyed reading your write up. I tend to follow the ACC and AAC, so am glad to see Vanderbilt get some attention. The AAC is arguable the third best women's conference. FL and JMU are clearly at the top, but beyond these two programs and Vandy do you have any insights on how the remaining AAC programs are doing on the recruiting trail?

Thanks again for previous write up.
Carolinagrad

Post by Carolinagrad »

Kleizaster wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:22 am it's been a little over a month since verbals started rolling, i want to look at a few school I feel (my opinion) have done well. The top dogs have already been discussed and i won't be mentioning them. In no particular Order,

Not only has Carolina broken into the Colorado market, they have also cracked that M&D club dynamic that for years was overwhelmingly dominated by Maryland, and where we just were not getting any prospects from. It started two years ago when the number 3 overall recruit in the country in the 22 class chose the Heels over the Terps. That is followed with the number 2 overall recruit this year.
VAMomGlax2019

Post by VAMomGlax2019 »

Carolinagrad wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:09 pm

Not only has Carolina broken into the Colorado market, they have also cracked that M&D club dynamic that for years was overwhelmingly dominated by Maryland, and where we just were not getting any prospects from. It started two years ago when the number 3 overall recruit in the country in the 22 class chose the Heels over the Terps. That is followed with the number 2 overall recruit this year.
Certainly didn’t hurt that Coach Levy’s daughter played on the M&D 2024 team.
jff97

Post by jff97 »

Haven't seen BC tap into the midwest but MD does have a freshman from Minnesota on their roster and a 2024 commit from Oregon. Would add Northwestern to the list too since Gilbert was from Oregon and Scane is from Michigan.
suffolk

Post by suffolk »

VAMomGlax2019 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:40 pm
Carolinagrad wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:09 pm

Certainly didn’t hurt that Coach Levy’s daughter played on the M&D 2024 team.

Brilliant move on Coach Levy's part getting herself and her daughter involved with M&D.
OuttaNowhereWregget

RollTheCrease wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:19 pm
The AAC is arguably the third best women's conference.
Hard to argue now that the Ivy is lessened with Sailer gone, and the effects of the covid year still felt. Penn and Dartmouth were mere shadows of their former strength last year--and Princeton was erratic and in the end anemic. It remains to be seen if the Ancient Eight ever regain their place as 3rd best.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

RollTheCrease wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:19 pm

Enjoyed reading your write up. I tend to follow the ACC and AAC, so am glad to see Vanderbilt get some attention. The AAC is arguable the third best women's conference. FL and JMU are clearly at the top, but beyond these two programs and Vandy do you have any insights on how the remaining AAC programs are doing on the recruiting trail?

Thanks again for previous write up.
You're right, good talent in the AAC. Like Colorado, Forida is another emerging lacrosse hotbed. As a result i think teams like South Florida will give Florida a run for their money pretty soon. I think they just announced a multi million dollar facilities project, which is gonna give South Florida one of the nicest lax facilities in the country. This matters to recruits. Vanderbilt was able to land a 5 star recruit, which bodes well for the future of that program. Charlotte is interesting. i like Clare Short as a coach. She can build something there. Every other team has a ways to go.
jff97

Post by jff97 »

Going to guess from this sentence in ILWomen's Maryland Fall Ball All Access that they have the Terps as the top 2022 class.
"IL went to practice in part to talk to members of a highly touted freshman class (more on that this month)."
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

jff97 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:15 am Going to guess from this sentence in ILWomen's Maryland Fall Ball All Access that they have the Terps as the top 2022 class.
"IL went to practice in part to talk to members of a highly touted freshman class (more on that this month)."
They'll get nod over UNC because they landed the number 1 player in the class
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Kleizaster wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:23 pm
jff97 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:15 am Going to guess from this sentence in ILWomen's Maryland Fall Ball All Access that they have the Terps as the top 2022 class.
Don’t want to start a fight, but how good will this number one recruit be? Expectations?
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

user1020 wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:40 pm
Don’t want to start a fight, but how good will this number one recruit be? Expectations?
Kori Edmondson is very good. Was the constant standout on a loaded McDonogh team. IMO she's better than the top girl in 2021 but not better than the top girl in 2023 who's basically the next Kayla Treanor. Edmondson is a day 1 starter and will be a solid contributor. Tewaaraton potential before she leaves college park
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/usa-insi ... rogden-cup

USA LAX is so strong, they will dominate this sport for a very very long time. I believe currently the biggest gap in any sport from the top team to the rest of the field is Women's international lacrosse. Granted lacrosse is only now truly catching on internationally but at the same time USA lax has gotten..even better? The talent pool has expanded in the United States, combined with unlimited resources it just seems unfair. Ofcourse i'm always rooting for the stars and stripes but can't help but feel a little bad when every level of USA LAX is destroying these teams without mercy.
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

Kleizaster wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:57 pm
Kori Edmondson is very good. Was the constant standout on a loaded McDonogh team. IMO she's better than the top girl in 2021 but not better than the top girl in 2023 who's basically the next Kayla Treanor. Edmondson is a day 1 starter and will be a solid contributor. Tewaaraton potential before she leaves college park
Please take back the comment that 2023 girl is next KT. KT was à 5'10 physical force with perhaps the most dynamic offensive skills in the history of the game. When cuse needed à draw girl her senior year she stepped in and broke the single season NCAA draw record.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Lax101 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:57 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:57 pm
Please take back the comment that 2023 girl is next KT. KT was à 5'10 physical force with perhaps the most dynamic offensive skills in the history of the game. When cuse needed à draw girl her senior year she stepped in and broke the single season NCAA draw record.
She doesn't have KT's height. or physical frame. and i didn't say she will surpass KT. But she's the closest since. Her skill level and lax IQ is the best since KT. She takes draws as well. she does it all. and that's who many coaches and scouts have compared her to. Doesn't take a genius to watch her tape and see the resemblance. You can be cautious about hyping up a recruit but when greatness is that obvious everyone can see it.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cjvp_Ouu ... MzMDdjNjc=

if you watch this clip you're telling me you don't see KT? How many catch, back to goal between the legs all in one motion goals do you see?
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

I don't see KT in this move at all. In fact it's fairly basic. Another low attacker from UNC often does this same move as well. She was once referred to as the next KT. Let's wait until someone plays à year in the ACC doubled teamed by AA defenders before you compare them to KT.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”