Rutgers 2025

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Asgot

Re: Rutgers 2023

Post by Asgot »

1766 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:51 pm After a sluggish start, the Knights come out firing and put St. John's away. Liberal subbing midway through 3. Some of the young talent is intriguing. Kurdyla and Murphy in particular.
Murphy seems to have jumped Kurdyla in the pe king order and Peters will be the replacement on the left side for Cameron. Not sure where Kurdlya fits in that rotation, may have to move to midfield. if you have not seen the younger Kurdyla, Rutgers fans will certainly be happy when you do, his game seems effortless. shoots with both hands is a willing defender and runs well, all at close to 6' 3". there is a reason that the entire Maryland staff came up to watch him play football the day before his visit to Maryland.
RURICK

Post by RURICK »

BigTom5 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:53 pm Because UVA is a better loss than a loss to Army.
Rutgers played at Army without Dugenio, their #1 FO guy and we lost 70 percent of the faceoffs. Far less possessions and defense was on the field too much. Rutgers lost the first 8 faceoffs in the Army game, got down by 4 and still had a chance to tie with 5 seconds left when Scott hit the crossbar. Stuff happens to all teams. however, if Rutgers had pulled out an OT win there, they would be ranked in the Top 5 and there would be no discussion.

Post by 1766 »

Asgot wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:02 am
1766 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:51 pm After a sluggish start, the Knights come out firing and put St. John's away. Liberal subbing midway through 3. Some of the young talent is intriguing. Kurdyla and Murphy in particular.
Murphy seems to have jumped Kurdyla in the pe king order and Peters will be the replacement on the left side for Cameron. Not sure where Kurdlya fits in that rotation, may have to move to midfield. if you have not seen the younger Kurdyla, Rutgers fans will certainly be happy when you do, his game seems effortless. shoots with both hands is a willing defender and runs well, all at close to 6' 3". there is a reason that the entire Maryland staff came up to watch him play football the day before his visit to Maryland.
It's become a not so guarded secret that Kurdyla is best player in NJ this year. He's day 1 starter type talent.

Brady Kurdyla will get his chances at attack. I see Kurdyla as more of an x leading the offense with with Murphy crashing the right side, though Murphy can play the x too. With Ross Scott likely back for a super senior year, we might see Murphy, Scott, and Peters on the left. Kurdyla will fill in nicely after that if he doesn't earn the job himself before. I agree though, he is a talent. If you have to get him runs from midfield to see the field, then so be it.

Post by 1766 »

RURICK wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:51 pm
BigTom5 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:53 pm Because UVA is a better loss than a loss to Army.
Rutgers played at Army without Dugenio, their #1 FO guy and we lost 70 percent of the faceoffs. Far less possessions and defense was on the field too much. Rutgers lost the first 8 faceoffs in the Army game, got down by 4 and still had a chance to tie with 5 seconds left when Scott hit the crossbar. Stuff happens to all teams. however, if Rutgers had pulled out an OT win there, they would be ranked in the Top 5 and there would be no discussion.
Sports are played with who you have but missing Dugenio definitely hurt, as did a not yet recovered Rall. But that's sports. I am sure the team would love to get another crack at Army if it played out that way. They played with a lot of heart eve though they didn't have their A game. Army played very well and played very hard, as you would expect from them. The better team that won that day. Maybe there will be a rematch down the line.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

That Loyola win is looking better, I feel,

watching them again last night,
that is a very solid team Rutgers beat.

Post by 1766 »

10stone5 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:10 pm That Loyola win is looking better, I feel,

watching them again last night,
that is a very solid team Rutgers beat.
They and Army appear to be the class of their league. Loyola has more skill. Army has more athletes. It will be an interesting match up when those two face off against it each other.

Loyola seems to have some trouble clearing the ball and Army is tenacious riding. That could be the difference in that game, though I'd still give the edge to Loyola from what I've seen from the two games played against Rutgers. Loyola has better goaltending and a better overall defense. Wouldn't be shocking if Army pulled it off though. They are going to make life difficult in the middle of the field.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

1766 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:00 pm
Asgot wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:02 am
It's become a not so guarded secret that Kurdyla is best player in NJ this year. He's day 1 starter type talent.

Brady Kurdyla will get his chances at attack. I see Kurdyla as more of an x leading the offense with with Murphy crashing the right side, though Murphy can play the x too. With Ross Scott likely back for a super senior year, we might see Murphy, Scott, and Peters on the left. Kurdyla will fill in nicely after that if he doesn't earn the job himself before. I agree though, he is a talent. If you have to get him runs from midfield to see the field, then so be it.
going to be a battle between Kurdyla and Creter from Central ( he was midfielder of the year last year)

Post by 1766 »

What a weekend! Great seeing so many alumni at the big game.

Tough loss for Princeton. I thought they played very well. And hard. There were some serious groundball scrums. Big props to the Knights for continuing to grind and execute down the stretch. That was a great college lacrosse game in front of a great crowd.

Finish up strong against Umass which is never a a fun place to play, then the B1G fun starts. Huge weekend overall for the conference. It's going to be a war.

Post by 1766 »

Congratulations to Ethan Rall for B1G Defensive Player of the Week and Dante Kulas for receiving the OPOTW B1G award. Both were well earned!
RURICK

Post by RURICK »

Does anyone have knowledge as to Cameron's injury and how long he may be out of the lineup?

Post by 1766 »

RURICK wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:37 pm Does anyone have knowledge as to Cameron's injury and how long he may be out of the lineup?
It's not season ending.
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Five game stretch of b10 games will tell where Rutgers truly stands. #19 OSU has been slipping and non competitive against top teams but expecting them to charged up at home needing a win

Post by 1766 »

stupefied wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:54 pm Five game stretch of b10 games will tell where Rutgers truly stands. #19 OSU has been slipping and non competitive against top teams but expecting them to charged up at home needing a win
It's going to tell where every team stands.
RURICK

Post by RURICK »

1766 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:42 pm
RURICK wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:37 pm Does anyone have knowledge as to Cameron's injury and how long he may be out of the lineup?
It's not season ending.
Has the actual injury been publicly revealed?

Post by 1766 »

RURICK wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:42 pm
1766 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:42 pm
It's not season ending.
Has the actual injury been publicly revealed?
Not to my knowledge.
BigTom5

Post by BigTom5 »

I got a good laugh listening to Mark Dixon’s podcast interview with Brecht last week where he complimented Rutgers’ beefed up schedule, with Brecht noting that they only scheduled teams who were likely to win their conference and compete in the NCAA tournament.

Marist, St John’s, Stony Brook, Utah, and UMASS aren’t exactly a murderers row…

The Knights didn’t look ready for the step up in competition.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

BigTom5 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:46 am I got a good laugh listening to Mark Dixon’s podcast interview with Brecht last week where he complimented Rutgers’ beefed up schedule, with Brecht noting that they only scheduled teams who were likely to win their conference and compete in the NCAA tournament.

convenient to leave out princeton and loyola, both of whom were top 5 at the time RU played them.

no doubt RU looked awful last night. Mullins didn't have a good game and Scott was absolutely dominated by the OSU D. they can't allow the offense to stall that badly if he's being taken out of the game.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:14 am
BigTom5 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:46 am I got a good laugh listening to Mark Dixon’s podcast interview with Brecht last week where he complimented Rutgers’ beefed up schedule, with Brecht noting that they only scheduled teams who were likely to win their conference and compete in the NCAA tournament.

convenient to leave out princeton and loyola, both of whom were top 5 at the time RU played them.

no doubt RU looked awful last night. Mullins didn't have a good game and Scott was absolutely dominated by the OSU D. they can't allow the offense to stall that badly if he's being taken out of the game.
Of course Mr UNCTRoll is trolling here but I see this "at the time" ranking utilized often which for early season isn't really all that relevant. To call Loyola a top 5 team, or PTon at this stage is crazy talk. They were expected to be top 10 or so (maybe 15 for Loyola) but now both are barely in teh top 20 if at all. Pton trending better than Loyola who's win over MD early looks like when Colgate beat Syracuse to open the season a few years back currently.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:39 am

Of course Mr UNCTRoll is trolling here but I see this "at the time" ranking utilized often which for early season isn't really all that relevant. To call Loyola a top 5 team, or PTon at this stage is crazy talk. They were expected to be top 10 or so (maybe 15 for Loyola) but now both are barely in teh top 20 if at all. Pton trending better than Loyola who's win over MD early looks like when Colgate beat Syracuse to open the season a few years back currently.
now sure, but at the time they were coming off wins vs #1 Maryland and Hopkins. Maryland seems to be the force we all thought they were and Hop seems to be a top team as well. But still, not mentioning Loyola and Princeton in RUs OOC schedule is stupid.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Princeton wasn't top 5. The Tigers had fallen to #14 by the time they played Rutgers. They were 2-2 at that point and had just lost at home to an 0-3 Georgetown team.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”