5. Boys Latin 8-5, 4-2
6. Loyola 7-5, 4-3
7. Mcdonogh 8-4, 2-4
8. Spalding 7-7, 2-4
9. Severn 3-11, 1-6
10. John Carroll 6-6, 0-5
11. MSJ 2-11, 0-6

Upcoming game predictions;
St. Mary's travels to Mcdonogh in a big one, especially for the Eagles. Mcd pull this one out and are on the comeback trail, 10-9
BL travels to Irvington, and whips MSJ, 15-4
JC hosts Severn, and picks up their first league win, 12-10
Spalding travels to Blakefield. Dons bounce back on family day 11-7
UPSET SPECIAL! Gilman hosts #1 Cards and find a way to win on homecoming, 11-10.
kramerica.inc

Re: MIAA A Conference

Post by kramerica.inc »

Let's see- as for predictions today, I think it's a ho-hum day...except...
Greyhounds throw their flag in the ground and let the conference know they are back!

I'll take:

St. M's in a close one
BL easy
Severn easy
Dons in a close one
Gilman in a close one!
MPSSAAlaxfan

Post by MPSSAAlaxfan »

I'll throw my hat in the ring for some predictions for today/tomorrow's games.

St. Mary's 9 - McDonogh 11
BL 16 - MSJ 7
Severn 12 - JC 8
Spalding 8 - Loyola 13
Calvert Hall 14 - Gilman 9
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Final scores:
BL 10 MSJ 6
Severn 10 JC 4
Juslaxin16

Post by Juslaxin16 »

I said it in the beginning of the year and I’ll say it again because the Severn loss just confirms it. JC belongs in the B. Keeping them in the A for “hopes” they will keep Harford talent in Harford is not a reason to put them in one of the toughest conferences in the country. Their only MIAA win this year will be against Curley and they barely beat Curley.
Juslaxin16

Post by Juslaxin16 »

McD wins 12-5!
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Huge win for McD tonight. Especially considering how they started the conference season. That goes far to help their playoff chances.
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

Calvert Hall 15 Gilman 7, Final.
Raescreek

Post by Raescreek »

Chc empties the bench in the second half on the way to a 15-7 win to spoil the Gilman Homecoming celebration
viper

Post by viper »

Raescreek wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:49 pm Chc empties the bench in the second half on the way to a 15-7 win to spoil the Gilman Homecoming celebration
Bench emptied with about 5 minutes left in the game actually.
Raescreek

Post by Raescreek »

CHC is on a different level than Gilman according to Gilman coach Matthews, “You got to see what the best looks like and right now Calvert Hall is clearly the best and we saw that up close and personal,” he said. “You can look at it on film, but you got to be on the field with it. So the positives are seeing what that looks like and then being committed to getting ourselves to compete at that level. So there’s a lot we can take from this, it’s just a matter of whether we take it or not.”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Dons roll Spalding 14-4.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Huge win for CHC. Flexing their muscle. Going to take a combination of chc havin a bad day and another team playing out of their mind.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

viper wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:43 pm
Raescreek wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:49 pm Chc empties the bench in the second half on the way to a 15-7 win to spoil the Gilman Homecoming celebration
Bench emptied with about 5 minutes left in the game actually.
Left the starters in a little longer to lean on the greyhounds some in front of alumni and let them know who was boss!
Chuckman

Post by Chuckman »

Calvert Hall clearly looks like they will not be beat by any MIAA opponents this year. That would be
three straight Championships. Looking at their roster , I can see them making another run next year.

Curious, What are they doing that has propelled them to this ? The Club scene has exploded last few years all over country and in Baltimore region.
Are they getting their share and more of best players from region. What about out of state players like McD. I know a couple of impact players that were to go to other MIAA's schools decided to go there.

With Club explosion and many more skilled players coming up from youth now, I think the dynamics are changing with skilled players and where they are coming from and going, even in the Balt region. Maybe CH has been able to capitalize on that better than others.

Youth elite leagues end at 8th grade. Calvert Hall may be able to get many of the better players as they are a 9th - 12 grade school with a lower tuition and bigger student population than many other MIAA schools in Balt area.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

I drove to St. Anthony's to catch day #2 of the GEICO HS Showcase. Getting out of my car,I heard a "distinctive" voice.Et voilà  Bob Shriver magically appeared.He was up on Long Island to broadcast today's games.

I have never in my many years on earth, admired a human being more than Bob.A superb coach and extraordinary person.
viper

Post by viper »

Chuckman wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:26 am Calvert Hall clearly looks like they will not be beat by any MIAA opponents this year. That would be
three straight Championships. Looking at their roster , I can see them making another run next year.

Curious, What are they doing that has propelled them to this ? The Club scene has exploded last few years all over country and in Baltimore region.
Are they getting their share and more of best players from region. What about out of state players like McD. I know a couple of impact players that were to go to other MIAA's schools decided to go there.

With Club explosion and many more skilled players coming up from youth now, I think the dynamics are changing with skilled players and where they are coming from and going, even in the Balt region. Maybe CH has been able to capitalize on that better than others.

Youth elite leagues end at 8th grade. Calvert Hall may be able to get many of the better players as they are a 9th - 12 grade school with a lower tuition and bigger student population than many other MIAA schools in Balt area.
They do get their fair share of kids from outside the region. The Mitchell twins transferred in as sophomores from outside the Baltimore area (I can't recall if it was Georgia or the Norfolk area), last year they got an Army defensive commit (Jack Rigley if I remember correctly a Junior) from somewhere distant and I don't think he has seen the field yet. They are just a few examples of others as well. All schools seem to have their "feeder clubs" but CHC really benefits from their tight FCA connection and they also have a strong relationship with Looneys as well. Those connections have resulted in many of the current roster players.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Calvert Hall’s pipeline is deep and the competition is stiff. They are also winning on sheer numbers. And where most “A” schools may have 50-75 kids in their total h/s lax
program the Cardinals have double that at well over 100. My next door neighbor was cut from their JV, transferred to another MIAA school and made Baltimore Sun All Metro.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I watched the game yesterday and Matthews is indeed correct that CHC is at another level; big, fast, skilled, dominated 50:50 GB's and moved the ball very quickly. Really good team, very high quality lax.

Comments have been made that CHC has been doing much as my alma mater was guilty of doing in football and thankfully is no longer doing.

Heavy recruiting throughout the state and also out of state, and using $ to 'buy' players in. Kids living with coaches. Huge program, $ to support. Even recruiting within the MIAA, trying to pull kids away from rival programs.

And then of course all the positives of a well run, well coached program with strong local pipelines. But, sadly, it's much more than just the positives that are producing these results.

MIAA is toothless.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”