Virginia Lacrosse 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
lorin

Re: Virginia Lacrosse 2022

Post by lorin »

blue angels wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:35 am
Ol'Southlacrosse wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:03 pm I hate to say it but, I have UVA on fraud alert! Team has potential but, I don't think 2022 is their year.
Maybe not a 3rd title in a row, but they sure called off the dogs in the 4th against your HOPKINS in that beat down. You would think you would be more worried whether your Hop will ever be relevant again in the current college lacrosse landscape than whether Virginia 3 peats?
Good thing for Hopkins fans you just need a winning record to get in NCAA tournament. Media /inside lacrosse always wants Hopkins in.
Kinduv

Post by Kinduv »

H0FSTRA!!!!!
Any great warrior is also a scholar, and a poet, and an artist.
-STEVEN SEAGAL
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

pretty expensive day for the hoos so far. moore and lasalla out. getting a win at least would help.

moore a hammy and lasalla maybe a shoulder.
rcolter

Post by rcolter »

Not able to watch the game how is Gable doing?
rcolter

Post by rcolter »

Welp picked a good one not to watch. This team can be extremely frustrating especially considering the talent we have
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

rcolter wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:25 pm Not able to watch the game how is Gable doing?
didn't do terrible. maybe just under .500.
petey was like 9 out of 10 before he went out, though. certainly didn't help to have lasalla knocked out today. and he was in a sling. may not bode well.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:17 pm
rcolter wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:25 pm Not able to watch the game how is Gable doing?
didn't do terrible. maybe just under .500.
petey was like 9 out of 10 before he went out, though. certainly didn't help to have lasalla knocked out today. and he was in a sling. may not bode well.
I hope Lasalla is okay — what a warrior. With all the talent UVA has had, there have been other talent-rich teams — the Lasalla-Rode combo down the stretch felt like the key to those two championships. I was in the stadium on Memorial Day 2019 when Lasalla thoroughly outplayed TD Ierlan (who, to be fair, had taken something like a thousand faceoffs in the late game vs. Penn State) — Lasalla’s faceoff wins (and at least one goal) just took away the oxygen from Yale. I hope Moore’s injury, as well, turns out to be minor — what a great lacrosse player.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Nunes was 38% yesterday.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Watching DVR of game….really enjoyed the commentating. The guy opposite of Dom had a nice way of calling the game….much like a baseball, golf voice.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Ol'Southlacrosse

Post by Ol'Southlacrosse »

Crazy to see how much UVA needs LaSalle too win
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Ol'Southlacrosse wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:39 pm Crazy to see how much UVA needs LaSalle too win
hopefully, he's back inside a month. most teams would choose to have a fogo that wins most of the draws. braun has been going against him almost every day for a couple years, wanna believe he will give it his best shot with the mostly full time gig.

they handled the irish pretty easily while getting hammered at the dot. the terps of all squads annihilated und on faceoffs and escaped with a win.

petey didn't play 6v6 defense saturday and he wasn't responsible for all the forced shots on offense. he didn't injure matt moore. not their best effort. hats off to richmond for outplaying them.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:16 pm petey didn't play 6v6 defense saturday and he wasn't responsible for all the forced shots on offense. he didn't injure matt moore. not their best effort. hats off to richmond for outplaying them.
Spiders played a great game. hat's off to them. They will enjoy this one for a while.

Petey is not replaceable. But Gable has looked good enough to work his way to a 50/50 FO guy.

Losing Moore is going to put a LOT of pressure on the midfielders not named Dickson and Schutz. It is easy to forget how great Moore is since he has been dinged up and leaving room for Shellenberger to to do his thing.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

UVA played great against Notre Dame, esp defensively, but they didn’t get “hammered at the dot” until Lasalla left the game in Q4 and Braun went in. First 3 quarters were 10-6 UVA on FOs, and they had a 9-4 lead. ND went 8-8 on FOs in the 4th, when the game was largely already in the balance.
rcolter

Post by rcolter »

I think that was more of a case in which he didn't completely dominate against a ND FO unit which had been struggling - speaking of which does anyone have a word on his or Moore's return timeline? I thought Gable showed well in the JHU game but other than that I haven't been super duper impressed with him. Obviously he's young and has plenty of time to figure things out but certainly we all would agree it'd be best to get Petey back asap :)
molo

Post by molo »

So who practices face-offs against Braun? As far as I knew, there were only two FOGOs on the roster, with a pole the third option. Years ago you might have a few guys who were middies who had faced off a little bit in hs, but things have gotten so specialized that that is not so true
anymore.
Maybe losing now serves as a wake up call. The face-off situation may not be easily corrected, but it’s far from the only concern. The d looks like Starsia’s off ball scheme has been taken out of mothballs. Moore took pressure off Shellenberger. No one else has been able to initiate offense with any consistency. Carolina game should be interesting.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

I wonder how many former MIAA or IAC face-off guys attend UVA right now?

Can you walk-on in April? If I faced off in high school and was a student at UVA, I'd be dropping by Lars' office today just to say "hi"
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

I’m sorry but there aren’t face off guys walking around any campus who can just stop in the coaches office and say hi. It’s an incredibly difficult position to play at an average level yet alone an elite one.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jrn19 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:22 pm UVA played great against Notre Dame, esp defensively, but they didn’t get “hammered at the dot” until Lasalla left the game in Q4 and Braun went in. First 3 quarters were 10-6 UVA on FOs, and they had a 9-4 lead. ND went 8-8 on FOs in the 4th, when the game was largely already in the balance.
glad to be corrected. but if everyone wants full color, lasalla had lost 6 in a row over the 3rd and 4th, including 3 in the 4th quarter.

in that time, starting 3 minutes after halftime, uva's lead went from 8 - 3 to 11 - 5.

uva's game stats for whatever reason don't show faceoff stats. maybe the pdf does. so i typically go to an opponents' page, and for notre dame's post game notes they said lynch went 15 for 20 (erroneously). with a max of 24 faceoffs i assumed uva's lunch was eaten all game.

anyway, good to see the 'hoos can even stretch a lead against an opponent like notre dame and not need faceoffs necessarily if they play well enough.
DMac

Post by DMac »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:19 pm
jrn19 wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:22 pm UVA played great against Notre Dame, esp defensively, but they didn’t get “hammered at the dot” until Lasalla left the game in Q4 and Braun went in. First 3 quarters were 10-6 UVA on FOs, and they had a 9-4 lead. ND went 8-8 on FOs in the 4th, when the game was largely already in the balance.
glad to be corrected. but if everyone wants full color, lasalla had lost 6 in a row over the 3rd and 4th, including 3 in the 4th quarter.

in that time, starting 3 minutes after halftime, uva's lead went from 8 - 3 to 11 - 5.

Wait.......WHAT???????????????????
:lol: ;)
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

DMac wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:31 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:19 pm

Wait.......WHAT???????????????????
:lol: ;)
we need to meet somewhere in the middle!

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”