All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

tech37 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:42 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:06 pm
tech37 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:42 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:35 pm
tech37 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:13 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:25 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:02 pm Karma? Demographics?

"A rightwing TV and radio host who was a vociferous critic of Dr Anthony Fauci and who urged his listeners not to get vaccinated against Covid-19 has died after contracting the virus.

Dick Farrel, who had described Fauci as a “power-tripping lying freak” who conspired with “power trip libb loons”, had urged people not to get vaccinated as recently as June.

He reportedly changed his opinion about vaccines after falling ill and later being admitted to hospital before passing away on 4 August aged 65.

Farrel, a native of Queens, New York, anchored radio shows in Florida and also acted as a stand-in anchor for the rightwing news outlet Newsmax, was described as a pioneer “shock talk” host."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... dies-covid

Is the rate of science denial higher in the "baby boom" cohort, or simply larger due to large size? Perhaps a function of living a life largely free form challenge and adversity ("least" generation)?
He’s was thinking outside the box….now he’s not thinking inside a box.
Never heard of him... irrelevant I suppose
Exactly….Have many people on the street have heard of Bret Weinstein?
The "street" is your measure? That explains a lot.
I took you as a typical man on the street having not heard of someone so therefore they irrelevant. You don’t like answering questions. Anyway, you are free to take advice off the internet. I will rely on professionals. Maybe if desperate, I would try anything to stay alive…..short of wearing a mask or being vaccinated….. you will take a doctor’s advice without hesitation if he/she recommends a drug….but if they advise you not to take it, you hesitate? Seems like an odd logic to me.
You may be "typical," I'm not. And, I answer questions I consider worthwhile. I regard being sent home by my doctor, after testing positive for Covid, with nothing but a bottle of aspirin between myself and the ICU, as desperate. Based on my experience corresponding with you, even if you stated it correctly, I would not expect you to understand my logic.
If you are vaccinated your risk is much much lower. Until a therapeutic that has been deemed to be safe and effective in treating COVID-19 has been approved and is recommended by medical professionals, we have to get the population vaccinated, maintain social distance and wear a mask if you can’t maintain social distance. You can set the Vet. I am sticking with experts in the field. The next time you build a house, don’t rely on experts. Get a shade tree builder.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
tech37

Post by tech37 »

:lol: Can't let it go can you/... what a clown.
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:43 pm
:lol: Can't let it go can you/... what a clown.
Let me know what Roots Man suggest…..
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

wow. it's like if i just changed one word...
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:08 pm
Ivermectin may prove to be safe and effective. I want an endorsement from someone other than a witch doctor.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:44 pm
Ivermectin may prove to be safe and effective. I want an endorsement from someone other than a witch doctor.
maybe not the word i was thinking about, more like our conversation several days ago.

i don't know if we're going anywhere with therapeutics anytime soon. thought we'd be confirming or more likely refuting them with rct's left and right by now. guess not.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

tech37 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:42 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:06 pm
tech37 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:42 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:35 pm
tech37 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:13 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:25 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:02 pm Karma? Demographics?

"A rightwing TV and radio host who was a vociferous critic of Dr Anthony Fauci and who urged his listeners not to get vaccinated against Covid-19 has died after contracting the virus.

Dick Farrel, who had described Fauci as a “power-tripping lying freak” who conspired with “power trip libb loons”, had urged people not to get vaccinated as recently as June.

He reportedly changed his opinion about vaccines after falling ill and later being admitted to hospital before passing away on 4 August aged 65.

Farrel, a native of Queens, New York, anchored radio shows in Florida and also acted as a stand-in anchor for the rightwing news outlet Newsmax, was described as a pioneer “shock talk” host."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... dies-covid

Is the rate of science denial higher in the "baby boom" cohort, or simply larger due to large size? Perhaps a function of living a life largely free form challenge and adversity ("least" generation)?
He’s was thinking outside the box….now he’s not thinking inside a box.
Never heard of him... irrelevant I suppose
Exactly….Have many people on the street have heard of Bret Weinstein?
The "street" is your measure? That explains a lot.
I took you as a typical man on the street having not heard of someone so therefore they irrelevant. You don’t like answering questions. Anyway, you are free to take advice off the internet. I will rely on professionals. Maybe if desperate, I would try anything to stay alive…..short of wearing a mask or being vaccinated….. you will take a doctor’s advice without hesitation if he/she recommends a drug….but if they advise you not to take it, you hesitate? Seems like an odd logic to me.
You may be "typical," I'm not. And, I answer questions I consider worthwhile. I regard being sent home by my doctor, after testing positive for Covid, with nothing but a bottle of aspirin between myself and the ICU, as desperate. Based on my experience corresponding with you, even if you stated it correctly, I would not expect you to understand my logic.
Well, the placebo effect is real, so maybe the ivermectin will work better than the aspirin for you.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:54 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:44 pm
maybe not the word i was thinking about, more like our conversation several days ago.

i don't know if we're going anywhere with therapeutics anytime soon. thought we'd be confirming or more likely refuting them with rct's left and right by now. guess not.
I was hoping a therapeutic would get us through. A lot of people are working on it. We will see how it goes. A lot of these medicines have side effects.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

It’s better than nothing!
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Weinstein should get Snagga Puss on his podcast…. I would pay to hear it!

“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:27 pm A good reason to thank Obama: https://www.instagram.com/p/CSVGEy5rz6i ... =copy_link
... says Buck the weasel. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:01 pm

It’s better than nothing!
... they should sign up DeSantis as a distributor, unless Donald already has it locked up.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Libs going after Kirk Cousins for not taking the vaccination, but purposely quiet on Lamar Jackson, who not only won’t get vaxxed but has tested positive twice.

Predictable to say the least.

The hypocrisy is neverending.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:41 am Libs going after Kirk Cousins for not taking the vaccination, but purposely quiet on Lamar Jackson, who not only won’t get vaxxed but has tested positive twice.

Predictable to say the least.

The hypocrisy is neverending.
... don't know anything about Cousins. I thought his issue was a hospital he did public service ads for.

Jackson is a problem. If he is not vaccinated, he should not be allowed on the team. Sounds like the NFL has got it just about right
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Jackson is already back in practice.

He's good.

But the NFL cant mandate squat because a ton of their top stars are the ones not getting vaxxed- Lamar, Najee Harris, Deandre Hopkins...PR nightmare
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:53 am Jackson is already back in practice.

He's good.

But the NFL cant mandate squat because a ton of their top stars are the ones not getting vaxxed- Lamar, Najee Harris, Deandre Hopkins...
... we'll we will see if the NFL has any bite. Their stated position sounds good, fines and technical losses for COVID offenders.
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:58 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:53 am Jackson is already back in practice.

He's good.

But the NFL cant mandate squat because a ton of their top stars are the ones not getting vaxxed- Lamar, Najee Harris, Deandre Hopkins...
... we'll we will see if the NFL has any bite. Their stated position sounds good, fines and technical losses for COVID offenders.
Anyone have a clip of Lamar giving his reasons for not being vaccinated?
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Ravens are 90% vaccinated as an organization. The outstanding 10% wont harm their franchise. Games are still playable with 90% of the roster. Even in limited roster spots.

The Ravens have a simple solution to Lamar. He is in a contract year.

$46M per year if he's vaccinated (Josh Allen's new contract) And say, $35M per year unvaccinated. (Ravens assuming more risk).

Easy peasy.

But the Ravens tend to respect their players and personal beliefs. ANd rarely dabble in politics. So I'm guessing that type of "insult" doesn't happen. Ravens more likely to offer Lamar $46M per year unvaccinated and $50M vaccinated. Quietly.

Return to “POLITICS”