Recruiting

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Kleizaster

Re: Recruiting

Post by Kleizaster »

McLax9777 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 10:16 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:11 pm Syracuse with a quitely good class so far. Ellie Kaplan conmitted there. Perhaps the KT fall out was a bit overblown. However, they missed out on some top players who would have been CUSE locks in previous years. And this class is a step down from the previous few years (so far). So there is some effect.

UNC picked up another top player from PA. what else is new. Don't think they're done quiet yet.

Duke picked up their first committment from Brooke McCoy. This is an important class for Duke as they are a year or two away from being a perenial bottom end program in the ACC.

Not alot of smoke from Clemson so far. wanted to see how they follow up the craziness from last year. looks like this class will be about average.

Maryland has cooled down after a hot start. ND might be in the same boat as Clemson. They went all out last year and don't have much left in the tank

I’m hearing all the media fuss with Clemson this summer might have turned off top commits.

CUSE, MD, UVA, BC, DUKE - all impressive. Early starts.

ND In talks with a top 10 kid who’s a great fit, if they also nab some defenders this year they’ll be in good shape.

Florida and NU - thought there would be more going on, unless I missed something.
I saw on twitter from a pretty reliable source that there were alot of 5 star rated players on campus saturday. The interest is still there but for some reason they haven't pulled the trigger..as a lover of drama, i'm intrigued.I still think they get atleast one. we'll see
laxfanrs

Post by laxfanrs »

I’m predicting buffardi to ND
LaxdadFL

Post by LaxdadFL »

Not sure if it matters but Northwestern doesn’t start class until the 24th, might play into slow start.
Lazyeyedgoalie

Post by Lazyeyedgoalie »

Kleizaster wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 1:09 am
Kleizaster wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:11 pm Syracuse with a quitely good class so far. Ellie Kaplan conmitted there. Perhaps the KT fall out was a bit overblown. However, they missed out on some top players who would have been CUSE locks in previous years. And this class is a step down from the previous few years (so far). So there is some effect.

UNC picked up another top player from PA. what else is new. Don't think they're done quiet yet.

Duke picked up their first committment from Brooke McCoy. This is an important class for Duke as they are a year or two away from being a perenial bottom end program in the ACC.

Not alot of smoke from Clemson so far. wanted to see how they follow up the craziness from last year. looks like this class will be about average.

Maryland has cooled down after a hot start. ND might be in the same boat as Clemson. They went all out last year and don't have much left in the tank

I’m hearing all the media fuss with Clemson this summer might have turned off top commits.

ND In talks with a top 10 kid who’s a great fit, if they also nab some defenders this year they’ll be in good shape.

Florida and NU - thought there would be more going on, unless I missed something.
I saw on twitter from a pretty reliable source that there were alot of 5 star rated players on campus saturday. The interest is still there but for some reason they haven't pulled the trigger..as a lover of drama, i'm intrigued.I still think they get atleast one. we'll see
Are you talking about NU or florida?
laxfan9999

Post by laxfan9999 »

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiti ... ation=true

You can also see the club they play for by clicking on the college they committed to. It will list all that teams commits.
Last edited by laxfan9999 on Wed Sep 11, 2024 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Lazyeyedgoalie wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 8:00 am
Kleizaster wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 1:09 am

Are you talking about NU or florida?
Clemson
njbill

Post by njbill »

I see you edited your initial post which said that the site shows club and high school. Didn’t see that on my phone, but thought perhaps that information was available if you are on a computer. I guess that isn’t the case.

If you are interested in that information, I would recommend the lax numbers site. Not only does it contain club and high school, but the site is searchable. So, for example, if you want to see who has committed to Rutgers, you can search for that.

Other sites and sources can be a little quicker in some cases than lax numbers to post information on a commit, but usually within a few days, the commit hits lax numbers.
laxfan9999

Post by laxfan9999 »

It's there. I just deleted it while figured out how to get there.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

LaxdadFL wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 6:41 am Not sure if it matters but Northwestern doesn’t start class until the 24th, might play into slow start.
NW had some girls on campus for a visit/prospect day this past weekend. Heard they are only taking 5 or 6 this class though so probably only going after big guns. Just a guess, but I think they get Laake, the best defender in this class.
njbill

Post by njbill »

laxfan9999 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 10:10 am It's there. I just deleted it while figured out how to get there.
Yes, but you need to click on the recruit’s name. Not as user-friendly as lax numbers and not searchable which, to me, is a major drawback.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

On roster size, Dartmouth has announced 6 commits on their FB (1 CO, 1 TN, 1 NY, 1PA, 2NJ). They usually take 8ish. Wondering about the Ivies and roster size. We shall see.
laxfanrs

Post by laxfanrs »

Doesn’t NW usually recruit more athletic girls, and a lot of times they get girls who are less known. It’s just a pattern I’ve seen. Laake and Barnes (though they are both very known) fit that athletic Northwestern type.
blueridge

Post by blueridge »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 1:52 pm On roster size, Dartmouth has announced 6 commits on their FB (1 CO, 1 TN, 1 NY, 1PA, 2NJ). They usually take 8ish. Wondering about the Ivies and roster size. We shall see.
These girls are members of the freshman class. 8 recruited girls and a walk-on that was offered a spot over the summer. Dartmouth only has one 25 commit to date.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Some of the lower ranked teams starting to get a few commits. Have a feeling by Sunday the dam breaks and we start seeing a ton of commits. Expected more so far. Guess teams are being stingy and despite all the talk about short deadlines, it doesn’t seem they are moving on too quick from that.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Don't look now but Michigan with a strong class so far.

Stanford has fallen on hard times recruiting. which is crazy to say as there was a time they were competing with UNC and BC for girls
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

Lily Schwing to BC.
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

I hope UNC is able to grab a top defender. Hoping Kit Laake, but definitely feels like she will go to UMD, or possibly Alexandra Gonella.

I’ve heard lots of rumors abt atleast one Findora committing to UNC, hope we can get both.

BC with a great recruiting class so far, also getting one of the best GK’s in the class is very great knowing they will lose Dolce that season or the season after (I’m not sure).

I would like to see more movement from NW. Having one of the best coaches in the game currently, a great atmosphere and being a great school should attract many top recruits. But, not surprising when most east-coasters would rather go to UNC, BC, Cuse, Maryland & other top east coast schools.

Stanford going to the ACC definitely is one of the big factors for recruits. They haven’t impressed me much in the recent years, add in the travel. The school’s great though, but unless they start impressing they will fall apart in the ACC.
laxfan9999

Post by laxfan9999 »

NW is always slow. I think this is particularly due to KAH not recruiting much on the road and this year would have been even worse with the U20. She becomes a wrestling mom in the summer and I can't fault her for that. It just slows them down along with school starting late.
lacrossemwj

Post by lacrossemwj »

Kady Duffy from Snipers to UNC
laxfanrs

Post by laxfanrs »

Stanford with 0 recruits. A few years ago they were doing so well they even had the #1 recruiting class. I guess many east coast girls staying by home and the west coast girls wanting to go east. But, Stanford is very appealing, an amazing school with a beautiful campus. Or it could be either a coaching situation. Stanford has had many top recruits (arceri, king, Maddigin miller, politsky, peep Williams, Ashley Humphrey ) and I am definitely missing some. You also can’t base how good a recruiting class is at this point, it’s still early.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”